Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread (21182 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Fantasy Football In Nigeria 2013/14 Season (lovefootballfc.com) / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by collynzo2(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sagamite: Another thing was that Naija players were too predictable. They played vanilla.

I did not see them twist and spin to lose someone. Just simple passing to team mates and accelerating sometimes is what they did.

Many times when the Senegalese were defending a pass, a spin would have got our player to lose the defender and be free on the basket because the Senegalese had a tendency to defend against a pass rather than the net.
Armchair coach, the players were tired. It was there for all to see! You need strength to implement tactics. This tournament was poorly organised.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by hisswagness: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
Officially unfollowing dis thread ...c u guys agen nxt tournament angry
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
rman: The better coached team won.

I am highly disappointed that we don't have a strategy against a zone defence at this level.

Senegal figured that out and now we are out.

bros so I noticed o! . .A certain player was interviewed in the paperz b4 the tournament began and he actualy said the team wasnt properly prepped, and some players. .werent suppose to be there, stating that some playery just embraced Nigeria cos they had no choice and d coach wil pik em. . That was y he pulled and oda guys. . . .well we did well sha. .
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by collynzo2(m): 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
Back to being a football fan. Efe Ambrose did very well for Celtic today, I missed some parts of this match while watching him. Bye to this thread.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by wy2000(m): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
CFCfan:

Yea, I guess they were too tired to spin around d opponent. Still Uzo could have passed to either Aminu or Diogu.

There wasnt enough time, Diogu and Aminu were double teamed!

But the shot he missed wasnt that hard
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Krasid(m): 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
I said it before.This tournament was poorly organized.The players didn't have enough time to rest.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Sagamite(m): 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
collynzo2: Armchair coach, the players were tired. It was there for all to see! You need strength to implement tactics. This tournament was poorly organised.

You are person.

If you can play 35 to 48 mins of running about, you can spin once in a while.

Spinning does not take such gigantic energy.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
I pointed out quite earlier that we had problems with hitting 3pts buh were generous at given em, I warned yesterday, buh that coach dont listen to nobody, its unfortunate cos we got punished!

We had to struggle to get into soft defences and today meeting what seemed like a brick, we became clueless. .we had no one who cud decently keep hitting the 3pters. .

We have to get that Nigerian coach incharge of Cape Verde, if he cud turn a bunch of homebased playerz to be balling as they did, then there is some thing he has that this man is lackin, i mean we boast of having Fmr N.B.A materials . .buh no depth of the game, as tho they were born 4 it, nt blaming the playerz buh they can just be vindicated without getting burnt a lil. . D'Tigers rocks , am annoyd they made me angry, we shud pick up 4rm here, . .and do well to get SkINN BACK IN THE FOLD

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by pmc01(m): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
It's just damn painful that we lost. Fatigue was our undoing.

How in the world were the fixtures scheduled that close? I don't understand that a bit.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by rman: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
ortopazz:

bros so I noticed o! . .A certain player was interviewed in the paperz b4 the tournament began and he actualy said the team wasnt properly prepped, and some players. .werent suppose to be there, stating that some playery just embraced Nigeria cos they had no choice and d coach wil pik em. . That was y he pulled and oda guys. . . .well we did well sha. .

We did not do well. Getting one of the tickets to the world cup is doing well.

Ejike Ugboaja is the player that granted that interview
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by pmc01(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
I agree that our Coach really wasn't dynamic too. A technically sound Coach should be able to adjust his approach to a game as situation demands in the course of the game.

Also, how did Lawal, Olasewere and Uzoh get into that team in the midst of talented players I come across every now and then. I blame it on the neglect of the sports by our Sports Authrities. It's just so sad.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:19am On Aug 29, 2013
rman:

We did not do well. Getting one of the tickets to the world cup is doing well.

Ejike Ugboaja is the player that granted that interview

well bro, your correct, I had earlier said that with the olympic experiece we ought to do better, but i guess i was wrong.. We need to come for the likes of the Aminus, and good 3pointers if we must go anywhere near perfection

yea it was Ejike and I want to believe that he has been vindicated..he his the lucky Osaze
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:23am On Aug 29, 2013
pmc01: I agree that our Coach really wasn't dynamic too. A technically sound Coach should be able to adjust his approach to a game as situation demands in the course of the game.

Also, how did Lawal, Olasewere and Uzoh get into that team in the midst of talented players I come across every now and then. I blame it on the neglect of the sports by our Sports Authrities. It's just so sad.

lawal, oyedeji shud relax for others abeg.. Am saying this Coach needs to run, we have given him enough time, we have to be as ruthless as we are wiv soccer if we must go forward in bball. Finito

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by eaglechild: 7:46am On Aug 29, 2013
Our team was tired and burnt out.
The Senegalese team were more fit.
You could see we made a good come back in the last quarter because we had more experience, but we were just too fatigued to go the last mile.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by chyk91(m): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2013
@ everybody attributing this defeat to fatigue, i beg to disagree, in the 1st quarter we played well and didn't show any sign of fatigue. our main problem in the game was we could not counter their zone defence, also our 3 pointers were poor, we also didn't defend well against their 3 pointers. simply put, they found a way to counter us tactically. still sad about the defeat.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXGYm6mqRY8

Senegal vs Nigeria Afrobasket 2013
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHssCUh9Lw

AfroBasket - Nigeria v Senegal (highlights)
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by rman: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2013
chyk91: @ everybody attributing this defeat to fatigue, i beg to disagree, in the 1st quarter we played well and didn't show any sign of fatigue. our main problem in the game was we could not counter their zone defence, also our 3 pointers were poor, we also didn't defend well against their 3 pointers. simply put, they found a way to counter us tactically. still sad about the defeat.

Thank you.
You understand basketball. We simply don't know how to attack a zone defence and we also defend the perimeter terribly. Senegal figured that out and we are out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2013
THREAD CLOSED COME BACK WHEN WOMEN CHAMPIONSHIP KICK OFF NEXT 2WKS
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDpXaqXAm-s

AfroBasket - Day 9: Cote d'Ivoire v Cameroon (highlights)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Group A was the group of death? Finally 3 out of 4 teams from A: Egypt, Senegal and CIV reached the semis

Angola i beg u let us win nau grin grin freaking scared for my team today :S
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sybellah: Group A was the group of death? Finally 3 out of 4 teams from A: Egypt, Senegal and CIV reached the semis

I thought you were Liberian?
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sagamite:

I thought you were Liberian?

nope CIV
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjy9lST3Ys

AfroBasket - Cote d'Ivoire v Egypt (highlights)
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERRH0A14DY

AfroBasket - Angola v Morocco (highlights)
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Sagamite(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjy9lST3Ys

AfroBasket - Cote d'Ivoire v Egypt (highlights)

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I was talking about Nigeria passing the ball faster.

Jeez, look at CIV! How do you defend against that pace of interchanges.

Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERRH0A14DY

AfroBasket - Angola v Morocco (highlights)

Appears to have good teamwork.

The team work to produce creative scoring is evident.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sybellah: Group A was the group of death? Finally 3 out of 4 teams from A: Egypt, Senegal and CIV reached the semis

Sybellah que pense tu d'une finale Cote d'Ivoire v Angola?
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Horus:

Sybellah que pense tu d'une finale Cote d'Ivoire v Angola?

cry cry

Je pense que ce match la etait la vrai final sad

Bravo a l'equipe Angolaise, nos elephants aussi se sont bien battu, ils n'ont pas demerite
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Horus(m): 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sybellah:

cry cry

Je pense que ce match la etait la vrai final sad

Bravo a l'equipe Angolaise, nos elephants aussi se sont bien battu, ils n'ont pas demerite

Do you mean that Cote d'Ivoire is out? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

RIO2016: Nigerian Athletes Beg For Funds Online (photos) / Otedola To Give $250,000 To Super Eagles If They Win AFCON - Godwin Emefiele / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 2 Goals For Barcelona Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.