Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building (14576 Views)

Nadine, The Robot Receptionist Who Converse With People And Remember Previous... / Will A ROBOT Steal Your JOB? Believe It Or Not, This Receptionist Is A Robot! / The IT Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 2:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Imagine walking into a building and being greeting by a receptionist. "isn't that normal?" some may ask. Of course it is normal, unless when the receptionist is not a real person but a hologram. What? Yes, it's real! Welcome to the future! Unfortunately, if this becomes generally accepted, some jobs as we know them today will no longer be available to humans.

Shanice is a holographic receptionist that will replace the human receptionist at a London Council building. At a price tag of $19,000, Shanice will be programmed to answer "limited number of questions" and "direct people where to go to register a birth or death, apply for a marriage licence, or get married," which sounds like fancy talk for "she's going to be the single most frustrating thing that ever happened to our visitors." It'll be interesting to see how this experiment works out.

Imagine if holograms were used for customer care / call center functions. Lots of customers would end up visiting the doctor to be treated for high blood pressure.

For now, let's wish Shanice best of luck at her new job. She starts work on August 21st.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/meet-shanice-holographic-receptionist.html

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by tpia5: 4:49am On Aug 21, 2013
hmm, interesting, lord have mercy.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:
hmm, interesting, lord have mercy.

Imagine have a holagraphic mod on Nairaland. This post would have made front page...lol. I don't think the mods would like that idea so much.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by musaajebor(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Science and technology just wan create human bean but not even getting close at all.holographic indeed.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
musa ajebor: Science and technology just wan create human bean but not even getting close at all.holographic indeed.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by tpia5: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
infonubia:
Imagine have a holagraphic mod on Nairaland. This post would have made front page...lol. I don't think the mods would like that idea so much.

seun might need one, as a matter of fact.

however, what type of programming would it have personality-wise.

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

seun might need one, as a matter of fact.

however, what type of programming would it have personality-wise.
lol...I'll leave that to the programmers to figure it out. grin grin
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
oyibo don cum again

instead of creating jobs na robot una wan take replace human being?? ok ooo

btw op is shanice d pic above? if so is she on Facebook??

2 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Orikinla(m): 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
For one, she will not be chewing gum or gossiping on Facebook. grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by alphaconde(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Not such a positive invention.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by seedord247(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
infonubia:

Seun Seriously need one to replaced some demented MODS using their life problems to banned innocents members. undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by vislabraye(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
At least sexual harassment will reduce in the office.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by alphaconde(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
The westerners are busy inventing different things, here in nigeria we are busy inventing political parties, raising flags and clapping hands.

By the way how's tinubus leg?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Ayoobscom(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Have seen a movie Idiocracy?
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
Innovative but I see a lot people getting frustrated
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
infonubia:

The mod won't be any better. It will be programmed to ban at will cheesy
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by RichDad1(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
... And you'll hear responses like:
Sorry that entry is invalid
Sorry that is an improper language
Sorry I'm married to my job
Sorry you might need to check with the appropriate agency
Ati be be lo.... (and so on) lol

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Saraben(f): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hmmm wetn i wan talk nw
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by deeptesting(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
It seriously needed to moderate the political section of Nairaland especially on Ethnic threads....
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by pststeve: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
sign of end time. where humans will no more have authority like in will smith move. gudluk to her. mak fp dancing Holy Ghost free style.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
pDude:

The mod won't be any better. It will be programmed to ban at will cheesy

Hmmm...you've got a point wink
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Networkmaster(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
infonubia:
lol...I'll leave that to the programmers to figure it out. grin grin

In Advance Human-Computer Interaction, science have tried and still trying to improve the communication between machines and human but the interaction is always going to be limited. This is basically because computers can not think for themselves.

Therefore, machines can never replace human daily duties when it comes to interaction.

Science have really advanced to the extent that when a human and computer are placed in different rooms and are asked to communicate, the human often mistake the computer with human due to the advance voice technology and the programmed memory of the computer.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
Saraben: Hmmm wetn i wan talk nw
just talk rubbish
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by karpentar: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
I also saw this in a shopping mall in Dubai
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by ooshinibos: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
good idea ....it will kick out racism at the door step ... racism can be black on black ,white on black ( most common ) , asian on white , asian on black .
Good news ...now we need an hologram as a president of Nigeria , whereby good governance and security and love for Nigeria is programmed into this hologram .. Nigeria will be free in 2 years

3 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
Is she white?
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by MrAboki: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
That Hologram is Racist!! angry

Why did it have to be a Nigga chick?! angry [/right]

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
A lot of people will lose their jobs because of technology. Those that will benefit are IT inclined people. Welcome to the future.

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by yuzedo: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Soooooooo, how much to spent one nite wit dis sweet babes? undecided Am ready to pay dollas! angry sad

4 Likes

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
Networkmaster:

In Advance Human-Computer Interaction, science have tried and still trying to improve the communication between machines and human but the interaction is always going to be limited. This is basically because computers can not think for themselves.

Therefore, machines can never replace human daily duties when it comes to interaction.

Science have really advanced to the extent that when a human and computer are placed in different rooms and are asked to communicate, the human often mistake the computer with human due to the advance voice technology and the programmed memory of the computer.

While I agree with you on the limitation of machines, I must say though, that at the rate at which technology is advancing, it's only a matter of time before routine work functions are taken over by machines. My point is, don't get stuck in a rhythmic job function. People are mostly rewarded for their brain power, not the routine jobs that requires almost no critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
Interesting. Soon, holograms ll take place of receptionists.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by MrAboki: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
yuzedo: Soooooooo, how much to spent one nite wit dis sweet babes? undecided Am ready to pay dollas! angry sad

Yuzedo!! Your Phone spoil?! Shey you never see my Text message for my #150 naira wey you dey owe me?! I swear if weekend meet you with that money, just know say the money go carry belle, born extra 50 naira join am, making 200 Naira..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Snatched By A Crocodile In Australia / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.