Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building (14587 Views)

Nadine, The Robot Receptionist Who Converse With People And Remember Previous... / Will A ROBOT Steal Your JOB? Believe It Or Not, This Receptionist Is A Robot! / The IT Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by yuzedo: 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Yuzedo!! Your Phone spoil?! Shey you never see my Text message for my #150 naira wey you dey owe?! I swear if weekend meet you with that money, just know say the money go carry belle, born extra 50 naira join am, making 200 Naira..
grin grin grin grin angry Come and colect it in my Banana Iceland Bunker! **cocks nuclear bomb machine gun shooter** angry angry angry
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by dnawah(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
musa ajebor: Science and technology just wan create human bean but not even getting close at all.holographic indeed.
what is a clone?
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
19,000 $$ and i am sure cost of maintenance wont be that bad either, might be time for receptionist to upgrade and get ready cos this will be a bad news for some of them embarassed
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sign of end times
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by amiskurie(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
hope she doesn't get raped. grin
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by metti(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
tongue tongue
alpha conde: The westerners are busy inventing different things, here in nigeria we are busy inventing political parties, raising flags and clapping hands.

By the way how's tinubus leg?
Tinubu's leg? Are we his doctor?
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
amiskurie: hope she doesn't get raped. grin
We should be asking u this one u are eying her back side
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Therock5555(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
I haf die
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by lagcity(m): 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
yeah i remember shanice. i forked her once. she is jamaican. shanice i'm glad you have a job now.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Mckayzee(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Artificial intelligence in action
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by jefekodo(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
One day, NEPA will take light. Then you will begin looking for the real receptionist and the Typists and the post men and the gatemen and the...

People are loosing jobs to machines. Today we have the highest unemployment rate worldwide because machines are doing our jobs.

Well, all that remains is for people to do like those folks in the movie WALL-E. Eat, grow fat, watch TV all day and do no physical work.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by proudlysports: 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
Networkmaster:

In Advance Human-Computer Interaction, science have tried and still trying to improve the communication between machines and human but the interaction is always going to be limited. This is basically because computers can not think for themselves.

Therefore, machines can never replace human daily duties when it comes to interaction.

Science have really advanced to the extent that when a human and computer are placed in different rooms and are asked to communicate, the human often mistake the computer with human due to the advance voice technology and the programmed memory of the computer.
You'ld be surprised at how much machines can 'think' for themselves now. Plus, there's little programming invoved now. Machines can learn and update knowledge. I don't see much problems in this as highlighted by the OP. Plus at 19,000 + little maintenance, that's very cost effective compared to paying a human receptionist the same amount per year.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by demelza: 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
ibkaye: Innovative but I see a lot people getting frustrated
Exactly!
And since its black, I see a lot of racial slur being released.
Thank God she's holographic so it will be akin to water off a duck's back.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Networkmaster(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
infonubia:

While I agree with you on some points, I must say though, the at the rate at which technology is advancing, it's only a matter of time before routine work functions are taken over by machines. My point is, don't get stuck in a rhythmic job function. People are mostly rewarded for their brain power, not the routine jobs that requires almost no critical thinking.

I agree with you too, this has been a strong debate on how far computer can go to replace human duties. During my days in school studying Artificial Intelligent, we did a lot of research on this topic.

Most people believe because today computers are used in almost every field. Whether we want to book tickets, to maintain accounts or communicate with each other – computers are there to answer our every need. So we see that computers are slowly replacing human beings at work, since they are far more efficient than human hands and save us valuable time.

I tell you my friend, since human wants are unlimited and unpredictable, computers will always find it difficult to satisfy the ever wanting human with many and different questions to ask. Computer are not built to be logical. Human have different intellectual capacity, computer will find it difficult to interact with all kinds of people, computers are built to satisfy people and they will fail in most cases if left alone to do the job.

Computers do not have emotions, which place an important role in support human want. Therefore, computer can never replace human.

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
jefekodo: One day, NEPA will take light. Then you will begin looking for the real receptionist and the Typists and the post men and the gatemen and the...

People are loosing jobs to machines. Today we have the highest unemployment rate worldwide because machines are doing our jobs.

Well, all that remains is for people to do like those folks in the movie WALL-E. Eat, grow fat, watch TV all day and do no physical work.

Will take a while before this come to Nigeria, but Aso Rock could use it ONE

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by SIRcumalot: 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
The machines are winning, na person Job them go give this THING very soon This technology go make them to they sack receptionist to save money
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
ibkaye: Innovative but I see a lot people getting frustrated
This is a great disaster. Its nt an improvement at all even to ur domestic use. Ppl travel frm countries just to be a househelp, u knw how it look demeaning and here one exploiter (a company owner) is busy replacing D already diminished, inadequate jobs with hating machine thereby plunging further unemployment, poverty and confusion. I would wish to have called on UN to stand against this even to household use. Imagine a fellow human being like u, is ready to take insult and serve u as a househelp or ...( becus this machines tomorrow if nt already can do all household work, nt talkin of their ability in companies) will still loses that position to an ethical irrelevant and inanimate object. If D cost of workers become too much to gain in companies then it is either D govt raise D value of it money or regulate prices of things and let both parties gain. If it isnt possible, then lets go back to coweries or communism better with modification. NB: Capitalism without govt regulation( especially in prices, employment, and value of D money) is worst than communism.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2013

AI tinz
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Networkmaster:

I agree with you too, this has been a strong debate on how far computer can go to replace human duties. During my days in school studying Artificial Intelligent, we did a lot of research on this topic.

Most people believe because today computers are used in almost every field. Whether we want to book tickets, to maintain accounts or communicate with each other – computers are there to answer our every need. So we see that computers are slowly replacing human beings at work, since they are far more efficient than human hands and save us valuable time.

I tell you my friend, since human wants are unlimited and unpredictable, computers will always find it difficult to satisfy the ever wanting human with many and different questions to ask. Computer are not built to be logical. Human have different intellectual capacity, computer will find it difficult to interact with all kinds of people, computers are built to satisfy people and they will fail in most cases if left alone to do the job.

Computers do not have emotions, which place an important role in support human want. Therefore, computer can never replace human.

Well said! smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Neddyogu(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
seedord247:

Seun Seriously need one to replaced some demented MODS using their life problems to banned innocents members. undecided
omo mhen, ur grammar na die! Second to none i daresay
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Blakjewelry(m): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
With the actualization of this tech, i foresee a change in the way we do long distance comunication. i.e projecting ones virtual image to a caller while is one is talking with someone OTA
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
More reason why some courses should be scrapped in our Universities.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
adeaugustus: More reason why some courses should be scrapped in our Universities.

What courses would you recommend we do away with?
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by digitalman: 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
alpha conde: The westerners are busy inventing different things, here in nigeria we are busy inventing political parties, raising flags and clapping hands.

By the way how's tinubus leg?

hahaa! cheesy
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by IYANGBALI: 12:59am On Aug 22, 2013
Yungwizzzy: oyibo don cum again

instead of creating jobs na robot una wan take replace human being?? ok ooo

btw op is shanice d pic above? if so is she on Facebook??
ashawo man,you wan go toast am for fakebook? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by IYANGBALI: 1:01am On Aug 22, 2013
infonubia:

all of them,i hate education grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by bigx(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2013
More Tech Jobs created (for those complaining)

It's a case of half full or half empty
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by marychi18: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2013
They ave one in dubai airport. Looked §ø real, i almost jumped out of ma skin wen i noticed it wasn't.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2013
infonubia:

Everything, but sciences, engineering, law, and accounting.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by DECOtech(m): 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
musa ajebor: Science and technology just wan create human bean but not even getting close at all.holographic indeed.
No offence intended sir, but u seem to be grossly uninformed.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by HARDDON: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
this aint nu......

and it is going to cause great revolution in the world as we know it:

imagine virtual offices, virtual workers, holographic conferences where every one would be in the comfort of their homes by as same time, attending workshops else where.

imagine doctors in Nigeria seeking help from those in the US, they need now refer patients again, rather, put the patients in this high tech room and send his hologram over to the US....

Limitless Ideas

Endless Possibilities!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Snatched By A Crocodile In Australia / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / To The Adminstrators!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.