Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building (14586 Views)

Nadine, The Robot Receptionist Who Converse With People And Remember Previous... / Will A ROBOT Steal Your JOB? Believe It Or Not, This Receptionist Is A Robot! / The IT Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Vires: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
I guess she won't be going for maternity leave any time soon undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by infonubia(m): 12:59am On Aug 23, 2013
Vires: I guess she won't be going for maternity leave any time soon undecided
No sick time, no vacation cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by adaye: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2013
Networkmaster:

In Advance Human-Computer Interaction, science have tried and still trying to improve the communication between machines and human but the interaction is always going to be limited. This is basically because computers can not think for themselves.

Therefore, machines can never replace human daily duties when it comes to interaction.

Science have really advanced to the extent that when a human and computer are placed in different rooms and are asked to communicate, the human often mistake the computer with human due to the advance voice technology and the programmed memory of the computer.
Good point. However the field will keep advancing. First programmers will be able to program much wider range of responses to cover most scenerios. Finally we will develop AI and with that the possibilities are endless and also frightening. The science fiction of yesterday has become reality. As a sci fi but I always hail these landmarks.
Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
Vires: I guess she won't be going for maternity leave any time soon undecided
^ exactly my concern. She has essentially replaced an unskilled human worker (who is packaged with pesky illness variables, human right's protection and free-thinking abilities).

...'Shanice' tho undecided angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Shanice, The Holographic Receptionist At London Council Building by jefekodo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
People work hard and long shifts to design and make machines.
When they break down, people work hard and long shifts to repair the machines (think about repairing the circuit boards of your LCD HD TV)
Then you, work long and hard shifts to earn the money to buy the machine...
You work long and hard shifts on the remaining jobs that machines are not doing...(You'll have to work really hard and really long or else, your boss will get another machine to replace you (messengers, typists... all replaced by PC)

So we're all working really hard for the machines.

According to the movie The Matrix, we're somehow turning into Duracell Batteries!

Just my point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Snatched By A Crocodile In Australia / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / To The Adminstrators!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.