Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,378 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. (1032 Views)

Reason Why Iphone Is Smoother Than Android / Bbm For Android And Iphone Is Here / Check The Network Your Iphone Is Locked To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2008
Texazzpete, about 7 people told me you link up with you on this issue and I have always love to read your post about those who choose to have a disrepectful view about iPHONES, sincerely, I have not regreted getting it. Now I know I've caught a big fish. Now please help me out of this, I got the installer on my phone and I think my version is 1.1.3(4A93). I have installed the SWIRLYMMS on the phone, I have even done the MTN MMS settings on the phone and installed both the MobileFinder and the MobilePreview, though when I fetched the MMS, it says succesful but I can't view it nor send it.

Also the forwarding SMS is still an issue for me, how can I chat on yahoo messanger and transfer the files via bluetooths on it please? Could you please tell me all I need to do/ instal to get it done? You can contact me on donrichiexl@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by ceejay80s(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2008
This one na real waec exam 4 texazzpete, i hope say e no go fall ur hand o! Good luck
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by texazzpete(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2008
Rich BBJ:

Texazzpete, about 7 people told me you link up with you on this issue and I have always love to read your post about those who choose to have a disrepectful view about iPHONES, sincerely, I have not regreted getting it. Now I know I've caught a big fish. Now please help me out of this, I got the installer on my phone and I think my version is 1.1.3(4A93). I have installed the SWIRLYMMS on the phone, I have even done the MTN MMS settings on the phone and installed both the MobileFinder and the MobilePreview, though when I fetched the MMS, it says succesful but I can't view it nor send it.

Also the forwarding SMS is still an issue for me, how can I chat on yahoo messanger and transfer the files via bluetooths on it please? Could you please tell me all I need to do/ instal to get it done? You can contact me on donrichiexl@yahoo.co.uk.

1. Sorry, mate, but i've never used SwirlyMMS. In fact, i've never sent a single MMS in my life grin . You can follow up on the SwirlyMMS issue by checking their website http://www.swirlyspace.com/iphone/apps/mms/ and their official forum http://swirlyspace.com/forum

2. You can connect to yahoo Messenger using fring. Add http://fring.com/iphone.xml as an Installer source and you'll see it in your app list.

if you don't know how to add sources to Installer, follow this guide http://www.fring.com/iphone/
You can also chat Yahoo Messenger over GPRS or Wifi using www.meebo.com. It's a version of the popular meebo web based messaging site customized for the iphone and it runs very very smoothly

3. To forward SMS, send contacts via SMS etc, install iSMS. Add this source
http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/
to installer. Then Install iSMS

4. I'll be frank with you. At this point you cannot transfer files out via bluetooth. I can't say i really miss this feature - but you can always use iPhone PC Suite to transfer files to and from my iPhone. Perhaps firmware 2.0 might address this issue, i dunno. Not a big deal for me.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by logica(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2008
i have actually sent MMS from my iphone and on the MTN network and the target recipient received it. I have never received an MMS though.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2008
logica:

i have actually sent MMS from my iphone and on the MTN network and the target recipient received it. I have never received an MMS though.

Hello Logica, Can you please shed more lights on how you did it?
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
texazzpete:

1. Sorry, mate, but i've never used SwirlyMMS. In fact, i've never sent a single MMS in my life grin . You can follow up on the SwirlyMMS issue by checking their website http://www.swirlyspace.com/iphone/apps/mms/ and their official forum http://swirlyspace.com/forum

2. You can connect to yahoo Messenger using fring. Add http://fring.com/iphone.xml as an Installer source and you'll see it in your app list.

if you don't know how to add sources to Installer, follow this guide http://www.fring.com/iphone/
You can also chat Yahoo Messenger over GPRS or Wifi using www.meebo.com. It's a version of the popular meebo web based messaging site customized for the iphone and it runs very very smoothly

3. To forward SMS, send contacts via SMS etc, install iSMS. Add this source
http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/
to installer. Then Install iSMS

4. I'll be frank with you. At this point you cannot transfer files out via bluetooth. I can't say i really miss this feature - but you can always use iPhone PC Suite to transfer files to and from my iPhone. Perhaps firmware 2.0 might address this issue, i don't know. Not a big deal for me.

For the umpteenth time, I have not regreted mailing you, your timely response is greatly appreciated. Thax a lot Texazzpete
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by texazzpete(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2008
If you're in lagos, see naijafan or logica for first hand help grin
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by logica(m): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2008
i can. but have u actually successfully sent an MMS with ur current configuration?

just post ur configuration and i will identify what the problem is.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by texazzpete(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2008
@logica
Just learnt that mediamonkey supports the iPhone now
www.mediamonkey.com
and it's free.

That should make naijafan happy as a clam grin
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by logica(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2008
pete,

send ur yahoo id to javaman21133@yahoo.com or if u wish u can post it here (i can't post my own though lol; the other email address is my public addr).
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by naijafan(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2008
texazzpete:

@logica
Just learnt that mediamonkey supports the iPhone now
www.mediamonkey.com
and it's free.

That should make naijafan happy as a clam grin

nice

I just did a post about the $199 3G iPhone here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-140926.0.html cry
<dont ask why i'm crying grin>
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by NegroNtns(m): 12:53am On Jun 10, 2008
Rich,

MMS itself is based on SMS platform. Look, without SMS almost everything we do on the phone will be impractical. The designers of iphone were not stupid. They knew what you would want, they know when to give it to you and cash out on the windfall.  It is not possible to use iphone to receive or send MMS.  

What is the difference between sms and mms?  
sms is not data, it is a plain text message carried on the voice channell.  mms is data, it can be presented in different formats and is transported as packets.

What happens when you send mms on a phone device?
It is first translated into a sms signal, then transported to the other end. On the receiving end the sms signal is reassembled into mms and displayed on the phone. The phone device have programs that convert formatted files and the manufacturer will tell you what formats are compatible with the phone you are using (example jpeg, gif,. etc, )

What happens when you send mms on a iphone?
Apple does not want to open source its i-brand products, especially the image and video programs in the iphone. Allowing iphone to handle image and photo conversion will almost require that they open the software. The alternative would have been to make it a portal offering and allocate an ip address to that image capability. Guess what? Thats exactly what they did.  So when you send mms or someone send you mms, iphone does not translate it for you, instead it forwards it to a website and you can go to that website and view your mms message.  

Where is the website?
hahahahahahahahahaha,, uumm, una funny well well.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by LadyT(f): 12:59am On Jun 10, 2008
angry

Negro I want to talk with you Im very angry!
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by NegroNtns(m): 2:17am On Jun 10, 2008
whats up my dear? eeeyy, what have I done this time?

email me now.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2008
Rich BBJ:

Hello Texazzpete,

I have a problem with an iPhone that belongs to a colleague of mine at work. He gave me to help him load some musicss and video on it which I did via itunes, but when I wanted to power it off, the screen became white!!! I tried all I could to power it off but the screen was just white. I left it till the next morning, (coz it happend around 8pm and I was about leaving the office). On seeing it the following morning, it white screen has disappeared but I tried to put it on but it not responding!! I connected it to my system to charge it but all to no avail. It's not just coming up, but sincerely, it didn't drop or fall from any place. All I did waas donr on a table. Please what would have been the cause and how can it be rectified to bring it upo again? Please help me, i just wanted to do a favour for this friend of mine.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by texazzpete(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2008
@Rich BBJ
if you're in lagos, call Logica.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2008
texazzpete:

@Rich BBJ
if you're in lagos, call Logica.

Hello Logica, Here I come save me , How can I link up with you? U can contact me via donrichiexl@yahoo.co.uk. I'll give u a shout later.
logica:

i can. but have u actually successfully sent an MMS with your current configuration?

just post your configuration and i will identify what the problem is.

Yeah, my config was what I got from MTN and I sent an
MMS on my iPhone which returns that it was successful but I can't fetch the one I was sent.
Re: Texazzpete! Texazzpete! Texazzpete! My Iphone Is Calling. by logica(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2008
Update: Somebody inadvertently helped me test my MMS reception capability.

I did receive it, after pressing the "receive" button several times (just like 2 get through 2 somebody might need several attempts in this our terrible GSM network) & enabling EDGE (which I had disabled but I'm not sure this had anything to do with the latter success), but to view it I had to use MobileFinder. On the other hand I simply view it by downloading the image file to my laptop (WIFI/WinSCP). MMSes are stored in the "~/Media/MMSFiles" folder. "~" translates to "/private/var/mobile" in the file-system.

(1) (Reply)

Free Browing / Bb Or ? / 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.