Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris (4800 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:14am On Aug 21, 2013

. . , And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are
sanctified (Acts 20:32).

At certain times, we feel obliged to upgrade our equipment and devices, such as cars, computers, phones, and electronics or even our wardrobe, furniture, or the entire house. While this is commendable, we ought also to give greater attention to upgrading our lives. This is possible through the application of God’s Word. The Word of God has been given to us to transform and renew our minds, and upgrade our lives from glory to glory.

Give more attention to the Word. Study, and meditate on the scriptures. Proverbs 4:20 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings." It doesn’t matter what state you’re in right now, if you’d give yourself wholly to the Word, it’ll upgrade you spiritually, mentally, financially and physically; your whole life will be improved! The Word of God is a life- builder; you can confidently entrust your life to the Word; it’ll build you up, deliver your inheritance to you, and catapult you from one level of victory and success to another level.

2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us, "But we all, with open face
beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are
changed into the same image from glory to glory, even
as by the Spirit of the Lord."

The word "changed" above doesn’t mean changing from bad to good; it’s from the Greek word "metamorphoo"; and it means "metamophorsis"; a transformation—from one level of glory to another! This happens through study and meditation on the Word

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:23am On Aug 21, 2013
This is the kind of thread where I'll be glad to say "first to comment" grin grin Glory to God!

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2013
..You stole my spot. Lol
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 6:32am On Aug 21, 2013
...Wow!...
I'm upgrading my life from glory to glory. Hmmm, there's always much more in Christ, and all he wants us to do is Ask.

I don port o! I don upgrade to newer version in Jesus name. grin
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2013
Gombs: ..You stole my spot. Lol
Sorry! embarassed grin grin
You can beat me to it next time! grin
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Gombs: ...Wow!...
I'm upgrading my life from glory to glory. Hmmm, there's always much more in Chris, and all he wants us to do is Ask.

I don port o! I don upgrade to newer version in Jesus name. grin
@bolded, i hope you meant Christ not Pst.Chris grin
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Bidam: @bolded, i hope you meant Christ not Pst.Chris grin

Tnx for the correction
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Gombs:

Tnx for the correction
You are welcome sir!
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Yet there is nothing like upgrading in the bible......shebi na that curled hair pastor? Mtchewwww. Thief-wagon

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Yet there is nothing like upgrading in the bible......shebi na that curled hair pastor? Mtchewwww. Thief-wagon

Joshua 13v1

English Standard Version

Now Joshua was old and advanced in years, and the
LORD said to him, “You are old and advanced in years,
and there remains yet very much land to possess.

Isaiah 54v2

New Living Translation

"Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out
your home, and spare no expense!

Deut 1v6-8

6 “When we were at Mount Sinai, the LORD our God
said to us, ‘You have stayed at this mountain long enough.
7 It is time to break camp and move on. Go to the hill
country of the Amorites and to all the neighboring
regions—the Jordan Valley, the hill country, the
western foothills, [d] the Negev, and the coastal plain.
Go to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, and all
the way to the great Euphrates River. 8 Look, I am
giving all this land to you! Go in and occupy it, for it is
the land the LORD swore to give to your ancestors
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and to all their
descendants.’”

Ans so much more...this sure looks like God wants us to upgrade always, from good to better or from better to best. If you don't wanna upgrade, fine. Leave those who want to.

Tnx for stopping by anyway

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Yet there is nothing like upgrading in the bible......shebi na that curled hair pastor? Mtchewwww. Thief-wagon
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Gombs:

Joshua 13v1

English Standard Version

LORD said to him,
“You are old and advanced in years,

Isaiah 54v2

New Living Translation

Deut 1v6-8

said to us,
‘You have stayed at this mountain long enough.
descendants.’”

Ans so much more...this sure looks like God wants us to upgrade always, from good to better or from better to best. If you don't wanna upgrade, fine. Leave those who want to.

In all of those scriptures quoted, God was talking to CHRISTIANS? Please tell us what that means to CHRISTIANS. Christians are to be busy, understanding their own covenant not what was said to Joshua. In Christ, we have a surpassing heritage that Joshua and the rest of them. cool
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gombs:

Joshua 13v1

English Standard Version

Isaiah 54v2

New Living Translation

Deut 1v6-8

descendants.’”

I taya O! embarassed God is not that boring now! Why wouldn't God want us to upgrade?
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

In all of those scriptures quoted, God was talking to CHRISTIANS? Please tell us what that means to CHRISTIANS. Christians are to be busy, understanding their own covenant not what was said to Joshua. In Christ, we have a surpassing heritage that Joshua and the rest of them. cool

Romans 15v4 NIV

4 For everything that was written in the past was
written to teach us, so that through the endurance
taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they
provide we might have hope.

Try study your bible sir.

2 Likes

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gombs:

Romans 15v4 NIV

4 For everything that was written in the past was
written to teach us, so that through the endurance
taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they
provide we might have hope.

Try study your bible sir.

That it teaches you or written for our learning, does that mean it is APPLICABLE to you or written for our APPLICATION? How do you apply crossing red sea or Jordan river to Christians?

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by JesusisLord85: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

That it teaches you or written for our learning, does that mean it is APPLICABLE to you or written for our APPLICATION? How do you apply crossing red sea or Jordan river to Christians?

You ought to know that in Romans, Paul was mainly talking to Jews who believed.

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Shalom
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

What's the essence of learning if you're not gonna apply what you learned?
Believe me there are more Red Seas and River Jordans for the CHRISTIAN to cross TODAY than there was in those days!
So my friend, The Word is APPLICABLE in all situation{Hebrew 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17}! grin

2 Likes

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

It simply applies to Christians that God doesn't recognize limitations.

Stop quoting me if you don't have important tins to say
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
What's the essence of learning if you're not gonna apply what you learned?
Believe me there are more Red Seas and River Jordans for the CHRISTIAN to cross TODAY than there was in those days!
So my friend, The Word is APPLICABLE in all situation{Hebrew 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17}! grin

grin grin grin That's why you need to occupy yourself with your covenant where you belong which is a better covenant.
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gombs:

It simply applies to Christians that God doesn't recognize limitations.

Stop quoting me if you don't have important tins to say

I have many things to say such as,

New Living Translation
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God.

If it APPLIES to you, then you have 613 laws to keep. You can't take one and leave the rest you know. We are ministers of the New Testament and of better covenant. We do Christlike and the Apostolic, not the mosaic.
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by JesusisLord85: 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

New Living Translation
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God.

If it APPLIES to you, then you have 613 laws to keep. You can't take one and leave the rest you know. We are ministers of the New Testament and of better covenant. We do Christlike and the Apostolic, not the mosaic.

sheesh, I can't believe people follow your teachings.
Solomon had those laws, he broke some. David had them, he broke some. You cannot be saved by the law, we know that. But you walk in obedience to God's word, and the spirit will guide you to obey.

Paul was talking to those teaching pharisaic judaism, who taught that you had to keep the law AND the oral traditions IN ORDER to be saved. They law itself was NEVER in dispute, that would be stupid.

Acts 15:1 "And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."

what is that? THe process of converting to pharisaic Judaism.
They wanted them to keep their oral traditions and the torah (they saw no disctinction between the two). Jesus tells of this indirectly:

Matthew 23:15 "15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

This is what Paul was turning from, the traditions of men, NOT Torah:

Galatians 1:14 " and profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers."

Shalom
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
^ Greater than solomon is Christ and in Christ, I'm more blessed with wisdom than solomon. cheesy

2. Christians are not scribes and pharisees. Why tell me\us that? Are you a pharisee?
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

New Living Translation

First of all, you are derailing this thread, your statement above is TOTALLY OFF TOPIC!
We're talking about UPGRADING your life here as God requires it not THE LAW!
Since when does UPGRADING YOURSELF become a LAW?
As for The Law, Christ is the end of the law{Romans 10:4}! We now operate under The Law of Love {John 13:34, 1 John 2:8}

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

New Living Translation

Oga..you know dey tire to dey quote this same thing all over again abi? The guy has stated his convictions,let him alone.
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by JesusisLord85: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: Oga..you know dey tire to dey quote this same thing all over again abi? The guy has stated his convictions,let him alone.

New Living Translation ke grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
JesusisLord85:

New Living Translation ke grin grin grin grin grin grin
Don't mind Gosh,he is saying which should tear out all OT scriptures and only concentrate on NT. I wonder what scriptures Paul and others read every sabbath in the synagogues.

1 Like

Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
As for The Law, Christ is the end of the law{Romans 10:4}! We now operate under The Law of Love {John 13:34, 1 John 2:8}

The writing on the wall is plain and clear as to what Jesus has done for US!
Please digest ROMANS 8:3-13 into your system!
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

New Living Translation

Told you to stop quoting me. So the Old testament is not necessary abi? I doubt your ability to read. Go and read dat Romans 15v4 in pidgin bible.

Since when upgrading your life became a law of Moses sef?

Are you sure you born again?
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2013

And what do you understand by upgrading ?
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by JesusisLord85: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: As for The Law, Christ is the end of the law{Romans 10:4}! We now operate under The Law of Love {John 13:34, 1 John 2:8}

The writing on the wall is plain and clear as to what Jesus has done for US!
Please digest ROMANS 8:3-13 into your system!

Firstly, the correct translation is "Christ is the goal of the law". Go research that please.

Second, Romans 2. Lets get the context:
Romans 8:2-3 " 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"

Good. He mentions:
1.Law of Spirit of Life
2. Law of sin and death

One must be from God, and the other not. Lets go back a chapter to confirm what I tell you:

Romans 7:22 " 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."

1. He delights in the law of God (Torah)
2. He sees "another law", which brings him into "captivity of the law of sin".

My friend, he is talking about the pharisaic laws (laws of man). Jesus mentions it when he says this:

Matthew 23:15 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Torah is still to be observed. Traditions of men you can disregard.

Shalom
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gombs:

Joshua 13v1

English Standard Version

Isaiah 54v2

New Living Translation

Deut 1v6-8

descendants.’”

Whats the moral in this crap you post pls?
Re: Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
Joagbaje:

And what do you understand by upgrading ?

Erm......mind telling us? You brought up upgrading and was twisting bible verse to make your delusion clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? / Lies Told By 'Jesus' / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.