Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal (9226 Views)

House Rejects Report Exonerating Alison-madueke / Enugu House Rejects Gov Chime’s N11bn Loan Request / Jonathan’s Aide Disowns Okupe 's Comments On The Legislature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
COME OCTOBER 1ST, WE WILL TAKE TO THE STREETS AND PEACEFULLY DEMAND RADICAL CHANGES FOR BETTER LIVES. THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by wisolf(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
If 150 billion is allocated yearly,then in 8 years dt makes it 1.2trillion,so is Ezekwesili not true?
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by desgiezd(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Definitely, the House members would not want to work against themselves.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by anonimi: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Do you know, I was having a chat with someone today, and we concluded that benign dictatorship is the only way to take Nigeria forward. Democracy or civil rule is gradually becoming pointless.

* I guess you and the guy you quoted acknowledge your IMPOTENCE and that of 160 million others to get what they want for themselves without some messiah either in khaki & boots or sarong & sandals.
* How would you get a "benign dictator" to save our country?
* Prayer? Fasting? Simply wishing?
* How do you ensure he does not transform from benign to MALIGNAT dictator?
* How many dictators have been celebrated when they arrive in power through a coup only to become clueless & useless later, even in Nigeria?

Be careful what you wish for!
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by dollydolly(f): 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
jp philips:

22.5m Nigerians majority being youths voted for this mess, which other fight do you want us to fight? we have fought at the polls and majority have spoken, what can a man do?
sorry! i cant fight beyond the polls, give your life a meaning by selecting credible candidates at the polls.during elections, your likes harden their heart to the voice of reason, after voting in charlatans you want people who voted wisely to carry Guns with you? don't you think you are being too ambitious?

Anambrarians had an Akunyili vs Ngige during senatorial elections, they refused Akunyili (who performed in NAFDAC) and chose Ngige, Ngige has gone and slept for two years with no single bill, Anambrarians are warming up to give him the Govt house at the expense of a tested Soludo (who performed at CBN), you see, when he gets there and start misbehaving, the same youths will ask us to fight.

The first arm i will pick up in revolution, be rest assured, that my first bullet will go to the revolution youth leader before the politicians. channel all your revolution energy to mass mobilization for credible people with pedigree and I will support you, if it is to sample my brand new skin for Mopol to test his riffle, then i am not as stup1d as you think.
I neva tot some1 was seeing tins d way I was. cheesy
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by wonderfulson: 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
I know for sure that if Nigeria is inherited by one of our law makers or any any other person holding public office,he or she will by all means improve and sustain the nation.Let it be unto everyone according to his thought and works against the nation.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
The House is a pack of incompetent boot-lickers. The citizenry is upset at what is being spent on the Legislature and the little time they spend doing their duties and the lack of results the money to pay them brings.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by mbulela: 12:33am On Aug 22, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Do you know, I was having a chat with someone today, and we concluded that benign dictatorship is the only way to take Nigeria forward. Democracy or civil rule is gradually becoming pointless.

Gbam!!
An external force must move this seemingly immovable retarding rule masquerading as democracy.
Anything short of that will be more of the same.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by mbulela: 12:39am On Aug 22, 2013
anonimi:

* I guess you and the guy you quoted acknowledge your IMPOTENCE and that of 160 million others to get what they want for themselves without some messiah either in khaki & boots or sarong & sandals.
* How would you get a "benign dictator" to save our country?
* Prayer? Fasting? Simply wishing?
* How do you ensure he does not transform from benign to MALIGNAT dictator?
* How many dictators have been celebrated when they arrive in power through a coup only to become clueless & useless later, even in Nigeria?

Be careful what you wish for!

It is not a matter of what we wish for,it is an acceptance of reality and not been unrealistic with demands from these barbarians. No matter how well you dress a pig, it is still a ..........
This civil rule is built on no foundation whatsoever. All that is propping it up is the oil money and the greed of the ruling elite. Expecting them to gradually evolve is akin to asking them to self-destruct and you know it is against human nature to do such. The hope that we will somehow stumble unto positive change is mere wishful thinking.
Expecting these set of barbarians to also great space for genuine change is also laughable,if only it was not a serious matter.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by mbulela: 12:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

So, wouldn't the possibility of independent candidates be a solution? That way, there would be no party affiliations, and hopefully no chance of one getting corrupted by the system.

With regards to holding a political position under a party, are you saying that no one with good intentions can ever get the party vote?
Who will approve the independent candidacy? Same NASS?
We do not lack men and women with good intentions. We lack a system capable of letting their intentions manifest. The system is structured in such a way to eliminate good intentions that tend to limit the bazaar at the center.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by drnoel: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2013
Salary and allowance cut is what they should do
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 22, 2013
My Fellow Nigerians, See where the problems of this country is coming from? It is that house of commotion called House of Assembly, They keep shouting Jonathan Jonathan while looting our money and everyone is looking at Jonathan ignoring the idiots and criminals in the house of assembly, God Punish Devil. Those niggas can never in their life time pass a bill that will benefit the common man and is a pity that most of them are illiterates. Now where are the so called progressives when is time for them to show up and make noise? you wont see them because they are benefactors of the same corrupt system and are not ready to cut it off. I remember vividly when some people accuse GEJ of benefiting from the Subsidy Scam, i could remember i asked them if it was them that benefits from Subsidy Scam would they ever attempt to remove it since the door of getting the money will close, no one answered the question will date now you can see from the act of the people that represents their pockets because they don't represent me and my wishes that no once will allow his source of siphoning money to close.
Re: House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal by karo93: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2013
just read thru d 2013 budget,lets stop reacting out of sentiments-

the national assembly only consumes 3percent of the nigerian budget-totally dissolving the house would not solve a bit of our monetary problems.i know they dont deserve it but part time legislature doesnt change anytin.

Why major on the minor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rejoinder: Tradermoni hasn't stop because of Election- Punch News Evidence / The SE Have Oil For Those Of You In SS That Call Us Thieves / Herders Adamant, Southern Govs Fail To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.