Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. (620 Views)

Why Do Muslims Touch Their Chest After Exchanging Handshake??? / Islamic Civilisation, Islamic Law And Reforming The Islamic Society. / Why Muslims Believe In Jesus And Bible, but Jews And Rest Denied Muhammad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. by golpen(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2013
In the name of ALLAH, the merciful, the beneficient.

This article is completely strictly from my own perspective and initiative. Any faults therein is completely mine, while all applauds belong to almighty ALLAH the lord of the worlds. May ALLAH forgive my shortcomings as I write and yours as you read.

Qur'an 2:47-61 talks about the jews and several of God's favour on them and how ungrateful they were. The deliverance from pharaoh, who sets them hard tasks and punishments, who slaughters their sons. The division of the red sea, saving them (the jews) and drowning pharaoh and his men. The appointment of 40 days for Moses and how they moulded a calf as their god. Their being dazed by thunder and lightning and then God woke them up.

Sending down of Manna and Quails from the shade of clouds, the water from the spring during thirst and allowing them into a town in order to fill them.

And what did they offer to ALLAH in return?, ingratitude!

They got several privileges to be grateful but instead, they brought a calf as their god, they went against ALLAH's commandments and then Musa said to them "O my people, you have wronged yourselves by the worship of the calf, so return in repentance to your creator", but they refused. Imagine they were the beggers who made choices. They would demand comfort in their times of distress from a GOD they never believed in and would backslide whenever they got what they wanted. So they dipped their fingers into the boiling pot of soup. They protested not to want to eat a single kind of food always. They wanted to eat from what the earth grows. They wanted to farm out their own different species. But Musa warned " will ye exchange the better for worse?" And they wouldn't listen. They wanted to replace the better with the worse, and he ordered them to go down to any town where they stressed and were covered with humiliation. The wrath of ALLAH fell upon them, because they rejected HIS signs and kept on transgressing.

Relating this to modern civilisation. The freedom granted upon man and his curiosities and his ever consciousness and comfort have all contributed to the absurdities that comes with his improvement in the aspects of his life, which is all known to be civilisation.

Civilisation should always and only be welcome if it goes along with the BETTER which ALLAH has blessed us with but it seems the reverse is the case.

The better is that our ladies dress covered up from their unclothedness, hence they portray a modest external beauty and a beholding internal gorgeousness to their rightful husbands, but what have we exchanged it with? Banning the better dress style in france, caning corporally a student in it and awarding the fashion of nudity as the best. The lady on the better side is not attractive as that on the worse.

Part of the better is that we mate with our rightful partners and bear righteous fruits, but some man have replaced it with homo acts, while some have made it a point not to benefit from that which has been made lawful to them, but to stay alone amidst their erections.

It is better to trade with authentic measures, to deal justly in our riba free transactions, but men have found their solace in the reduction of measures and grow fat eating riba.

Isn't it better to make dialouge our key to resolving issues and shun unnecessary uproar, but despite the intelligence being granted upon us by our creator, the world leaders have turned the earth into battlefields out of their share greed.

when the jews wanted to leave the comfort granted unto them by their Lord for their adamance, they met with humiliation and the wrath of GOD. See our society has been polluted grossly with furnication when we have, out of our own instinct, set a certain age for our ladies to marry even when they are full grown. See the 12 13 year olds on the streets in pot bellies out of matrimonial protection and every parent has to fear that for each of their daughters. See the STDs we have brought to the world by our indecencies, when we chosen to leave the decency made available for us.

The world economy has been destroyed enormously by riba at the top and trading with false measures below, but with all these that we have brought upon ourselves, the question is;

Are we still going to exchange the better for the worse? Or replace the lawful with the forbidden?

And just like Moses said to the ancient jews, "we have really wronged none but ourselves by the worship of our instincts, deviating from the teachings of our Lord and the prophets.

ALLAH said in the Qur'an;

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Did I not charge you, O children of Adam! that you should not serve the Shaitan? Surely he is your open enemy, And that you should serve Me; this is the right way. And certainly he led astray numerous people from among you. What! could you not then understand? This is the hell with which you were threatened. (36:60-63)

Moses told his jewish umma about the need to turn to their creator in repentance and good deeds, adhering to the better, for there and then, they shall find peace. Do we need anything short of this to find our own peace?

2 Likes

Re: The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. by maclatunji: 12:36am On Aug 22, 2013
^Nice effort, I see the points you are making.
Re: The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. by tbaba1234: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2013
I was going to write a similar topic ... It was going to be ' Ya bani israeli Muslim' . How the muslims have disobeyed every warning given to children of Israel in the Quran.

I argue that that they would collect our autograph.
Re: The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. by Sissie(f): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2013
May Allah (SWT) guide us right, increase our iman, and make it easy for us to leave the bad for the good, the good for the better, the better for the best.
Re: The Ancient Jews And Modern Civilisation - Exchanging The Better With The Worse. by golpen(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2013
tbaba1234: I was going to write a similar topic ... It was going to be ' Ya bani israeli Muslim' . How the muslims have disobeyed every warning given to children of Israel in the Quran.

I argue that that they would collect our autograph.

I think you should let's have your version of the topic, let's see how they get to want our autograph... wink

(1) (Reply)

Can You Read Quran To Your Own Understanding / If You Are In Ibadan Currently... / The Power Of Istigfar (seeking Forgiveness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.