Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (61839 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
@wordsmith
Wordsmith:

@ fatimar5,

ROFLMFAO!

excuse me if i'D sound insultive, but if you are not a Katangite, Zikite, Awoite, NewPG, even them dumbass Idiaites, then please SHUT THE HELL UP!!

You sound like a product of one of those p*ussy whipped Omo mummy Hostels that don't go through shit but can open they big mouths and talk trash.

When Katanga, Zik and the other halls (not hostels like u bloody lot) were suffering power outages, where were you fuckerers?! When there was no water, for drinking and washing and we had to trek all the way to friggin' Jaja and as far as Tedder, you fcukerers were enjoying an all-near constant supply of electricity and water. . . and you dare question my being a bonafide UITE?! I pay the same fuckin' 10 grand for accomodation as you twats do and i don't even enjoy up to half the benefits you mofos do and here you are spewing fuckery about my not being a bonafide uite.

Let me tell you who a bonafide Uite is - one who views the facts on ground with a cold grim look and not one who blindly supports a system that treats you like shit - typical of we Nigerians : Suffering and Smiling.

1st and best, you University is friggin' 3rd in school ranking, is not even in the top 50 Universities in Africa, and on the world scene? ROFLMAO, just check out the webometrics ranking, Pollyana.

1st and best, you Uni should probably be competing for having the most dilapitated building structures in the whole friggin' country, LOL, just check out ZLT, you'D get what i mean. . .

1st and the best, a university where it is indoctrinated from day one that my admission to the school is a priviledge the powers that be bestow, when education should be my RIGHT AND NOT A PRIVILEDGE. . .

So much for being 1st and the best. . .

@wordsmith
haba,that ur last post too much wetin .hun hun.Mind u,UI cant do more than it can since the country itself is faulty.so take am easy.E go better.
@all
well i think i have been in ui for a long time and i think ui is tryin and if u r the readin type and some one that appreciate hardwork and the likes then ui is ur destination.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
@wordsmith. jarsofclay.
You guys are very stupid for those things u say. You are accusing a whole university that your great-great grand fathers went to. Dont you guys know the situation is everywhere. Harvard university!, where is harvard position among 10 best university in the world in the last 20years? whereas been in existence since 1624 imagine that? and compared to UI, you should definitely know that they are moving somewhere, you must be fools not having believe in what you have, some international student which they school in UI, and here you are, gulping out saliva from your mouth like a rattle snake spitting out venoms. The same case also with Yale university, i have a cousin there, and higher development were just taking place in Yale after they marked there 200 and thirty years in existence, you only know nothing but to castigate, you fucking hard knuckled heads, cynical in nature, lets see what you were going to do if you were to be the VC of the schoool. Punk ass niggaz.

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ ishow2005,

ROFL, UNIBEN didn't think "the country is faulty" when they got ranked higher than U.I, did they?

PS: can you please tell me something about Direct Entry admissions into Mathematics, i need some info please, thanks.

. . . and also, not disrespect to ma homeboys in them other hostels, those who see and appreciate what we Katangites, Zikites, Awoites, NewPG, and em dumbass Idiaites go through errday.

@ prospective newbies them,

welcome to the pain. . .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
humph007:

@wordsmith. jarsofclay.
You guys are very stupid for those things u say. You are accusing a whole university that your great-great grand fathers went to. Dont you guys know the situation is everywhere. Harvard university!, where is harvard position among 10 best university in the world in the last 20years? whereas been in existence since 1624 imagine that? and compared to UI, you should definitely know that they are moving somewhere, you must be fools not having believe in what you have, some international student which they school in UI, and here you are, gulping out saliva from your mouth like a rattle snake spitting out venoms. The same case also with Yale university, i have a cousin there, and higher development were just taking place in Yale after they marked there 200 and thirty years in existence, you only know nothing but to castigate, you fucking hard knuckled heads, cynical in nature, lets see what you were going to do if you were to be the VC of the schoool. Punk ass niggaz.

LOL, like i once said in one of my posts "if you are not a Katangite, Zikite, Awoite, NewPG, even them dumbass Idiaites, then please SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

it's as simple as that. all that verbal diaorrhea is comical. 6 posts and this has to be the best you can cme up with.

like Fela once said, "Keep Suffering and Smiling"!
typical for Nigerians to always settle for less.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
@Wordsmith
U shouldnot take this personal though I dont expect u to welcome my view with open arms. This forum, if u have gone through the ethics doesnot support use of foul languages and its meant to be an interractive house where we share different opinions. Just as u are entitile to ur opinion so am I so u dont have to take it personal.

I think i feel your pain and understand ur points but U see in UI we are groom in CHARACTER & LEARNING and if u will agree with me the use of foul languages (sorry to say) does not prove to me or portray the CHARACTER AND LEARNING of a UITE  instead the other way round.

I am a QUEEN! and am proud of it notminding what anyone say about us. Just as we have the black sheep in QEH, so do we have in all other HALLS(Male and Female) and even in all INSTITUTIONS.

Why dont you guys accept reality, the fact that we dont go around with buckets and all dt (u know what i mean) doesnot mean we dont go through power failure, water shortage and all that, lots of time we had to live on package water and candle light, just that we put on our THINKING CAPS and tried to understand the fact that this great school of ours(u and me) is not own by private individuals but FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and like we both know even NIGERIA itself is still developing so we dont expect to have a PERFECT SYSTEM. All we need to do is be patient and contribute our own quota, and everything will be fine. U need to BE THE CHANGE U WANT not just passing the bulk arround. It takes me and u to build it up.

As for incoming uites am not saying u should expect to meet flower gardern filled with beds of rose. As a matter of fact u need to come prepared for work as well as reality. Let me be sincere with u all that is part of the TRAINING that makes u fit into the society. These are all what makes UI UI and not anyother INSTITUTION.

@jarsofclay
U know what I didnt break the record like u asked 4 and I dont need to give u my result analysis but the result i had BGG qualified me as a UITE and i can prove it anywhere. And I know if I were to give u the analysis u will also testify to it.

That aside, am not saying those are the reasons y ur friend was not shortlisted but I was only giving u few out of the millions of factors that might have come to play. If i must ask were u shortlisted? If u were y do u think u qualified for it and not ur friend? if u know that may be u should apply that to ur friend.

As a matter of fact I dont know the "BIG VC's" but i can asure u that when the admissions are ready, they will be release and on time too. God y are u even complaining U didnot have to wait for almost A YEAR like we did so relax.

U all condemn UI and struggle to IDENTIFY WITH IT, Y? Y not the other best UNIs. the truth is UI can't please everybody.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2008
@humph007,ishow2005

thanks to u guys. Atleast we have some ppe who are objective enough to face the truth. Lets stop being emotional about this issue and face the facts.

Incoming Uites don't let anybody discourage u with all these, else u will loose your focus. Go in prepared and ready to weather any storm. I was also told all that "UI is bad" before I came in and u know what if u allow that get to You, then am sorry u can't survive in UI, u will av to struggle. Just believe You can make it. Pple av passed through this UI and made it so what is the stress?

@Wordsmith
sorry to say but You need to work on d way u look at UI because You can never RISE above your BELIEVE.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ fatimar5,

look hon, you can never tell me my experience. LOL, i always knew you were a Queenite. . . it ain't hard to tell. You people suffer? ROFL, whatever you [i]omo mummy[/i]s went through is not up to half of what we Katangites went through, talk less of the other halls. So don't tell me nothing!

I'm entitled to my opinion? This ain't an opinion - it's bare FACTS! When Katangites and Zikites marched to Maintainance and the VC's lodge, and you mofos - i'm talking about the Queenites, Kuti, Tedder, Mellanby, Bello - had been enjoying an almost 24 hr service of electricity, where the flaming f where you all? Oh is that my opinion as well??! We couldn't cook, couldn't iron, had no chance to read at night, had to trek as far Tedder to get water and you are here telling me it's my opinion?!?!

And to rub salt upon injury, accomodation fees got increased without notice, LOL, it just keeps getting better and better. . .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ fatimar
well how long do you expect all of us to stay in here just to read all you posted hun?
well it pretty cool when we have people who can write alot in dah house grin
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2008
QUOTE FROM JARSOFCLAY

@fatimar
Whatever it is you mean by 'just', i do not know. A friend of mine who had 6 distinctions and 3B's wasn't even called among the first interviewees supposedly to be the "merit list" and here you are talking about 'just'.

That "friend" of yours may be one of those who chose UI as their second choice, but I think UI got this one wrong if that's the case then, and that's so sad (because they seem not to be giving the "second chance" which I think was promised. Btw, that sounds like someone I know (?)
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2008
ba2undey:

@ fatimar
well how long do you expect all of us to stay in here just to read all you posted hun?
well it pretty cool when we have people who can write alot in dah house grin

@ba2undey

U really dont have to read my posts. I must let u know am not writing here to SHOWCASE TALENT. It's a FREE WORLD.

If u can't beat them Join them and if u can't join them stay out!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2008
@hump007
You are a very funny person, maybe rather cynical. At first, i wouldn't have had to reply to your comment because silence could sometimes be golden, but i have to put you on track. Mind you, Don't bring Harvard and yale into this issue. As those very versed in current issues know, Harvard as always maintained the best university in the world right from God knows when, except when some few years ago, universities like Cambridge, MIT, Yale, CIT, and other high ranking universities started trailing in and today, the rank keeps competing with the likes i mentioned. Who says Harvard haven't found their place yet, who says they lack amenities, who says they are in still in need of funding, who says they don't have the resources they need? Don't you know these universities invest billions of dollars in libraries alone, not to talk of facilities, don't you know that aside the Library of Congress in the States, Harvard has the second largest in the world. Aside that, don't you know sophomores(second degree students) go as far as taking courses for the undergraduate and sometimes they even lecture or tutor more than their professors, do you know the outstanding dignitaries in the world who actually coach this student?, really, it's not about all this things but when people say those schools are for the rich who are mere dummies, i just laugh at them, cos if you aren't brainy, you won't fit in.

Talking about yale, if i had the opportunity to meet this cousin of yours, i'd first give him a knock for telling you such fallacy. Check your encyclopaedia when yale university became standardized, the only thing about this universities is that they keep renewing their facilities as technology keeps coming in so they won't be left behind, so please steer clear of these schools.

For the mean time, i wouldn't want to embark on a debate, all i just said was for U.I to accelerate their admission so my parent would stop worrying about this whole damn issue and if you have any feedback, post. for now, i rest my case.

P.S Why post your picuture in this educational forum(thread), who needs it? i do not need to see you to know what you look like, you comment tells a lot about you, have a day time and stop feeling cool with yourself.

@U.I
Yes, hello, how far?

Truth is my way of life, i live it, i believe it,i enjoy it.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ jarsofclay,

on friggin' point.

@ everyone,

isn't it a wonder that them Prison Break hostels are the ones squealing the usual daft "first and the best, Premier" slogan, staying in their hidey-hole while the rest suffer. Bunch of a-holes, don't go through shit and still manage to say shit.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ Wordsmith
isn't it a wonder that them Prison Break hostels are the ones squealing the usual daft "first and the best, Premier" slogan, staying in their hidey-hole while the rest suffer. Bunch of a-holes, don't go through shit and still manage to say shit.

i think there is a word check in what you posted manh, sorry abot that just tryin to correct thats all
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2008
@ wordsmith
Hi, u common bush fowl! firstly i will rather say you are not quite different from all your quotes, am trying to prove to you that you dont have to sound so nasty as that, and besides an adopted child or a fatherless baby picked from a drainageyrears back is also not quite different from you. Am not psychic and am not a soothsayer, am only trying to tell you that, according to all what you have wrote so far. And when we talking about high esteem, you not the type that can near my cousin talkless of you people conversing and he is in a school where the likes of Ben Carson the world renown neuro surgeon, George Bush, Bill Clinton, just to mention but a few are gradutaes of. And you even talk like someone that has no bearings at all, and much thanks to "BA2UDEY", he revealed the blunders of your fucking hell crap you posted for everybody, so, you see everybody is fallible when you caughing out with your mouth full of pungent odours about the state of UI? am only trying to tell you that those school like Harvard, Yale, Oxford has spent so many years before they are world best, and you have forgotten champions are never made on rings, they would have use a whole century parking things together and some other settings before they could be world known. and how old is UI? still in there forties or which of Nigerian universities are on the hundreds, two hundreds and even five hundreds of the world ranking? none, not even the so, called Great Ife, and here you are with your own myopic view of things, i advise you to stop posting for the case of posting and stop beign hopeless ok? this can go a long way to mar your life and turn you to an ordinary "mat" for people to work on.

To all prospective candidate of UI, i implore everyone not to listen to any form of craps concerning the nature or UI ok? the likes of Frank Nweke Jr. { the former minister for information} and the rest are formerly a student of UI, please dont listen to any derogatory remarks the kind of "NITWIT and a NICOMPOOP" of a thing like "WORDSMITH" has said. I will justify him by one of the sayings of the scriptures that said " what so ever your hands finds in doing, do it well" and am very sorry he will never be progressive if that was the only thing his hands can find and the only thing he has from his pocket, because pessimist are always at the tail, one love everybody. Wish i see everybody at the echelon of the society ladder.
Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2008
Gush! I can't bliv this is the same topic i monitored b4 doin my interview.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by emmy4naira(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2008
u know what guys, l think it will be gud if we just 4 once behave likle mature guys, it will be very disgusting if all that is left to do now is to criticise one another over nothing that we hardly make contributions to despite all that is on ground that needs to be solved. special warning goes to wordsmith and fatimar. let us just rest the issue of the university palava. there's a lot to share outside sharing ignorance and fooling oursleves around.

and if u know u still want to continue, l'm sure it will be better to start ur own post 'cos no one will stand here and read your dirty slangs. haba. abeg make we try.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by emmy4naira(m): 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2008
now is anyone going to tell the room when the second interview is coming up or what is UI trying to do?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2008
@humph007,

lol, another Arrow trying to war with the 'Smith. Obviously, you're one of those p*ussywhipped Bellites that have never seen shit. . . e da kan mo. Please just sharrap, oponu.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 11:27am On Sep 01, 2008
emmy4naira:

u know what guys, l think it will be good if we just 4 once behave likle mature guys, it will be very disgusting if all that is left to do now is to criticise one another over nothing that we hardly make contributions to despite all that is on ground that needs to be solved. special warning goes to wordsmith and fatimar. let us just rest the issue of the university palava. there's a lot to share outside sharing ignorance and fooling oursleves around.

and if u know u still want to continue, l'm sure it will be better to start your own post 'because no one will stand here and read your dirty slangs. haba. abeg make we try.

@emmy4naira

I think u should recheck your post, because can't remember using any slang or posting any foul language.

if I may ask what right do u have "WARNING ANYBODY" over any post and point of correction we WERE NOT CRITICISING OURSELVES or SHARING IGNORANCE we were just APPLYING COMMON SENSE.

I can't remember where it is posted that "You MUST READ ALL POSTS" u can always skip

If u can't beat them Join them and if u can't join them stay out!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2008
Hi guys, can somebody kindly help me with this. My friend choosed UI for second choice and the instruction says we should check the portals as from 25th but what we keep seeing there is (N/A) in front of most of the data and eventually in front of the status, it says not invited. Pls what does this mean? Was i supposed to have filled the change of course form, is the status still in progress? Am seriously worried cause the success of this means so much to me though its my friend's who has been at home for 8 years with 3 opportunities for admission passing by. The JAMB score is 255
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ austria
Tell your friend not to be worried about what she saw in there, ok? the main truth is that they have not updated the checking of the status stuff of a thing on their web, so, the situation is affecting everybody, no one can say among the second choice or change of course that he/she had checked the status stuff for now. But my advise is that you keep on checking all times, someone like me, i have my personal computer connected to internet 24hrs and i use to check it every blessed day, there is no cause for alarm, all is well.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
Anybody there plssssssssssssssssssss i beg in the name of all thats holy, speak to me .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ humph007
Well all are here just to keep each other informed,  In your last post you write  "But my advise is that you keep on checking all times, someone like me, i have my personal computer connected to internet 24hrs and i use to check it every blessed day, there is no cause for alarm, all is well. i don't think we should be showing what we gat in here, i think what we are all in this room mainly for is UI admission n not talking about internet connectivity. If you really want to inform us in here or be updated, then i think you should have posted TRY TO CHECK THE UI WEBSITE DAILY FOR ANY NEW UPDATE, an not what you posted if you want to show case then look for the room.
Am not trying to be rude in here okie just trying to point some shits out
Lord2undey
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ba2undey(m): 1:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ austria
Gat any problem lady?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ajaxpound: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
austria,
I will advise you to go to ui for proper informatiom
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
@wordsmith
I am not sure about the DE for mathematics and Wordsmit  take am easy wit those ur write ups oh cos once a uite will always be a uite and am in skool now and they r tryin to paint the halls atleast they ve started wit mellamby,queens,zik etc.Rome was not built in a day so also ui cant be built in a day.
@all
We r still waiting for the second list stuff but i want to believe the skool might probably release both the second and change of course together and just watch out cos wen the list will be out,it might be for a short duration n  new student wil resume for 22september and
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 12:19am On Sep 02, 2008
Guys pls has d interview 4 second choice been held. And don't u think this might push the admission list forward.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2008
@ ba2undey
Hey pal, am not trying to show off something or brag, i think all everybody is concerned about is the release of the status on the web, we should all be there for ourselves, she is scared she had not been invited and i was assuring her there is still hope and said further that i use to check it on my computer everyday, is that a nasty thing to say? and besides am not refering to you and you are not "AUSTRIA", i think is high time you should stop meddling in pepoples business got it!?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2008
thanks guys i appreciate you all but don't make an issue out of what the young guy said, he was only trying to assure me. chao
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2008
any news on UI Direct Entry yet esp for Communication and Language Art
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2008
hello intending uites, i think u guys should check the portal again under the "admission check" and see what is there.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ fatimar
I just checked it again it is still the same old thing, or do you niticed anything at all that makes you say that? for me, i can see anything new there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / Nigerian Family, The Imafidon Family Is The UK's Smartest Family (pictures) / What's The Worst English Sentence You've Ever Heard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.