Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,909 members, 7,852,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (61806 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hi 2 all u guys who gat everybody informed and alert from the day one of these race, now is time from therelief of usurp mind painted with pessimism and optimism, my thanks goes to Ishow, thank u for the way u ve been acting all this time jarsofclay, wordsmith,fartimar,UI, iBKSOLAR, and some others i wont be able to mention thank u very much see ourselves in UI
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by cutepoyzn(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2008
in front of admin office, they put that the deadline for submission of results for direct entry is tomorrow, 24th september 2008. beta find a way to submit it.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2008
Ok. for those who want a hitch-free clearance, this is how you go about it.

Precaution

If you were not admitted, Please don't even waste your time going there. Look for another alternatives, there are those who think they can play yahoo yahoo when it comes to admission, it won't happen here.

Since there are quite a lot of things to do like registration, clearance, health clearance, etc. One may not really know which to do first. This is how I went about doing mine and it worked very well.

Priority first

Print out the three clearance forms on the internet, fill and take along to U.I

1. Pay in the sum of N7,500.00 into Afribank, U.I Branch(if you are still parading round Lagos or Abuja branches, you are wasting your time). you would be issued a teller which you must handle with care. make 4 photocopies of these teller and keep.

2. Go straight to the faculty of social science(whether you are a science student, social science, education, medicine, etc). these is where everything is carried out.

3. Go with the following documents:
a. original and 4 photocopies of JAMB letter of Admission

b. original and 4 photocopies of the UME result slip

c. original and 4 photocopies of your credentials – SSCE/GCE

d. ten (10) recent passport size photographs

e. original and 4 photocopies of Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age

f. two letters of reference from two reputable persons – on letter headed papers

g original and 4 photocopies of bank teller for payment of N7,500 Admission's

Acceptance Fee.

h. a file with tag

i. Your letter of invitation for the interview of 14th August and 11th September

j. Your etransact payment leaflet of N2,500.00 of 6th August 2008, which you used in submitting your result online.

4. Once you are with these document, go the theatre hall, you would be told on how to file each of these documents and an authority to pay slip would be issued to you.

5. Now don't go rushing to pay your school fees. Just head straight to the University Medical College for your health clearance.

6. you would then require the student medical form you printed on net. Ahere to the instruction of the doctors and when you are finished, your x-ray, eye and urine result would be issued and you would be told when to come for registration

7. Then you can go to the admission office to check your real Fees for each faculty.

8. Then you can pay.

9. then wait for registration, orientation and matriculation.

Wish you best of luck.

P.S you can get your letter of recommendations from your Secondary school principle, a clergy man, your parent(if they are VIPs), etc
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2008
ooh and before i forget. For those who don't have the letter of admission(which is not out anyway). You need not bother. They are not really bent on it.

Ciao.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ibksolar: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2008
For all that av finally been admitted, CONGRATULATIONS
But Carefully study this instructions I got from the University's site:

A.  NOTES TO PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1.         Mode of Payment
(a)        All Payments (See the fee as applicable to each student on the Portal) should be made at any of the banks listed below. You will be issued a Portal access pin upon payment at the bank
Access Bank                         Afribank                   Bank PHB
Ecobank                               FCMB                       Fidelity Bank
First Bank                             GT Bank                   Intercontinental Bank
Oceanic Bank                       Skye  Bank              Spring Bank
Stanbic IBTC                        Sterling Bank           UBA
Union Bank                           Unity Bank               Wema Bank
Zenith Bank

(b).   After payment at the banks, students should update their payment details on the University portal (www.ui.mycportal.com).

2.         Development Levy

All categories of students should pay this levy.

3.         Science / Laboratory Practical Levy

ALL students in Science-based disciplines (i.e. Faculties of Science, Agriculture, and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Technology, Pharmacy and the College of Medicine) as well as those in the Departments of Teacher Education (Science) and Human Kinetics and Health Education are expected to pay the Science practical levy.

4.         Course Registration

Registration of Students in Faculties should be done within a period of Five (5) weeks from 29th September, 2008. There will be no late registration.

5.         Students should pay their fees personally.  Payment through friends etc or other proxies is not allowed.  Any irregularities arising from such payments would attract disciplinary action.

[b]B.         HEALTH CLEARANCE           

Both 100 level and 700 level 2008/2009 University of Ibadan students are welcomed to the University.  They are enjoined to strictly adhere to the following Medical Registration procedure which will run on week-days only between 8.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. from 22 September to 28 November 2008.  All new students must endeavour to get registered in order to avail themselves of access to timely, appropriate and comprehensive health care. Students are expected to do the following:

1.         Join established queues as you enter and re-enter the University Health Centre.

2.         At the Medical Records Unit obtain endorsed Investigative forms from the Medical Record Officers for:           

(a)        Laboratory Test           

(b)        Chest X-Ray3

.         For the laboratory tests submit required samples at the University Health Centre Laboratory and later obtain results.4.         For the Chest X-Ray process, RESTRICT VISIT to either:           

(i)         University College Hospital (UCH)  Radiology Department as follows:                       

Tuesdays          -           8.00 a.m – 2.00 p.m.                       

Wednesdays     -           8.00 a.m – 4.00 p.m                       

Fridays             -           8.00 a.m – 2.00 p.m                                                                       

Or

(ii)         KOMIS Radiological Centre, Yemetu, Ibadan as follows:

Monday through Saturday:                     8.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. 

(iii)        METRO DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE,

45 Oyo Road, Opposite Coca-cola Main Gate, Coca-cola, Ibadan as follows:

Monday – Saturday 8.00 a.m – 6.00 p.m 5.       

With your laboratory results and Chest X-Ray study, revisit the Medical Records in the University Health Centre where you will be assigned to a Doctor for medical interview and physical examination at designated consulting rooms.           

6.         Document your medical registration at the Records Units.

Finally, study and safeguard your University health Centre registration card for subsequent necessary medical consultation as may arise. All laboratory tests, medical interview and physical examinations must be done at the University Health Centre.  Moreover, all X-Ray studies must be done at either University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan or KOMIS Radiological Centre, Yemetu or METRO Diagnostic Centre Opposite Coca-cola main gate Ibadan.  Any X-Ray study laboratory test or physical examination done elsewhere other than as stipulated above WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED with effect from commencement of this exercise.  Registration later than Friday 28 November, 2008 will be surcharged.

Be informed!  Ignorance will not be condoned as excuse for any contravention of this registration procedure.

Be free to ask questions or clarify any issue as much as necessary with the health staff.

To complete your registration, the following Documents are neededsad

i)         Duly completed student Entrance Medical Examination form.

(ii)         Laboratory and Chest X-Ray Reports.

(iii)        Photocopy of receipt of school fees.

(iv)        2 passport size photographs.

7.         On the completion of the above (i-iv), collect from the University Health Service Medical Records Unit, a non-transferable University Health Service identification card with number which is SOLELY for use by each student (Students are required to present their Identification Card for consultation at every visit made to the University Health Service).

NB:       All students are advised to avoid impersonation at the University Health Service (as it is a punishable criminal offence).

C.         ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATION

After submitting a photocopy of your payment receipt at the Admissions Office, the schedule officer in charge of your Faculty will give you a specific date to come back for your Certification Letter.
[/b]
D.         ALLOCATION OF MATRICULATION NUMBER

Student are expected to proceed to the ADPU-Academic Office (beside Kuti Hall) for the issuance of Matriculation Number.

E.         ACCOMMODATION – STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICE

Information on student accommodation would be made available on the UI Website (http://www.ui.edu.ng).

F.         FACULTY REGISTRATION

Each Faculty has made arrangements for the registration of its students.  As a final port of call, please proceed to the Dean’s Office of your Faculty where you will be given specific instructions and materials for Registration.  You are however, advised to go with the following items:

(1)                 original and photocopies of your certification letter

(2)                 original and photocopies of your credentials – SSCE / GCE

(3)                 original and photocopies of your JAMB letter of Admission

(4)                 UME Result Slip

(5)                 original and photocopies of your University receipts

(6)                 medical clearance from Jaja Clinic, duly signed by the Director. 

G.         Candidates should note that they must complete FACULTY REGISTRATION before proceeding to their Departments.

CONCLUSION

I advise you to complete all forms carefully and return them on time to the specific places so that every information on you would be computerized in readiness for Matriculation. I wish you a successful and pleasant stay in the University of Ibadan.

Thank you.

Omotayo O. Ikotun (Mrs.)

REGISTRAR

September, 2008
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by humph007(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hey guys i need u to help me out, i thought that the instruction given was that you can pay at any afribank branch nationwide, and moreover how about the jamb admission letter? how are we gonna get that to the clearance venue?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ jarsofclay

are u through with ur clearance and medical stuff? I guess u have also gotten the info about agbowo or accomodation at some other place.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2008
Thanks for the informative posts, jars.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ibksolar: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2008
Hey Hump,
I didn't get ur Question Right but hope you know u av to bring ur JAMB print out and then get to the admissions office for ur clearance. Find ur way to Ibadan and bring all necessary documents (check other guyz post to find this put) .
Hope this helps and You can pay anywhere NATIONWIDE. That's certain.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by aphrodyte(f): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2008
sup? room, after clearance, wat next? i heard the medical registration is by department, and this week is for science. if its not yet ur faculty's turn, can you still go and do all ur tests and then youy submit it when it's ur turn?

pls is it safe yet to pay ur school fees, ges and accomodation together? pls i will need an urgent reply. fanks. angry
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2008
@ Ibk

I think what humph is asking about is the admission letter not the result print out. Or will the letter be printed from the Net too? I want to know too.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ay50dblues(m): 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2008
hi guys i did my clearance yesterday.all student will do their clearnce at the faculty of social science.the early you go the better because of the multitude.spent 2 days at the school before i can be cleared.about the admission letter you are not given yet but you will be given an authority to pay letter in the school and this is equavalent to the admission letter.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2008
aphrodyte:

sup? room, after clearance, what next? i heard the medical registration is by department, and this week is for science. if its not yet ur faculty's turn, can you still go and do all ur tests and then youy submit it when it's ur turn?

please is it safe yet to pay ur school fees, ges and accomodation together? please i will need an urgent reply. fanks. angry

@ aphrodyte

I don't think you can go ahead with the medicals if it aint yet your faculty's turn, you won't be attended to but you can go ahead with your x-ray. I know a couple of people who have paid their school fees but I also heard from a couple of people including someone who has paid, that you are not advised to pay yet.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2008
@UI
In reply to your mail.

I think the fee is correct cos if you sum up the amount in the fee schedule and subtract the GES fee, ACCOMMODATION fee, ADMISSION AND ORIENTATION fee(which you already paid), FACULTY OF EDUCATION ICT fee, the amount comes to N16,050.00 which is the fee for your faculty(POS). remember social science has no business with ICT fee and thats the amount to pay as fee. add N3,000.00(GES), that makes it N19,050.00.

@rock 101
Yes. I'm true with the admission clearance, health clearance and fee payment.The only challenge now is accommodation. Students are saying stay in the general hostel but I'm saying No. so I'm still searching.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2008
Thanks for the info again, jars. Appreciate it.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2008
Hi guys whacts up?
I seem to be pretty lost in d whole situation, when is d registration/clearance process resuming? Is it after the HOLLS or on monday cus i'm just about to start my own campaign by landing at UI next week.

Also pls, have any of u got a place for me to at chill at 4 the time being, like may be till i finish d whole admission process and get ma own crib cus i reside at Ogun state and can't come and go all thru the process.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2008
Lawd, where's ishow? I've been hearing strange news, we stalites to resume on the 14th October. What the f. . . ? Just called 2 friends and they said the same thing. Can anyone confirm this?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2008
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

What really is happening to our country? At first, my main reason for chosing Ui was because I once heard any state outside Lagos is quite very cheap(food, housing, clothing) excepting PH and Abuja but now it seems the reverse is the case. I was to rent a private hostel around Ui according to the instruction of my parents so I could concentrate more on studies and be very very confortable. On getting to about five of them, the prices were more than exorbitant and then they weren't even up to standard at all. Can you imagine that a supposedly 4-man room(8 people in all) goes between N50,000.00 and N70,000.00? and why would i want to be in such a crowd when i'm thinking of something "private".the amount really is not the problem for me. but yet these rooms are not even big or beautiful or have any amenitites. the general kitchen(for all students of about 100) don't even have stove, burner or gas cooker and yet they call all these amount? i was even made to pay for a form of N1,000.00(totally N5,000.00) just to see around the rooms and then my money just went in vain.without any pride, the hostel i finished from in secondary school is far far better. So why can't these people provide better accommodation.they just extort money from students and no one is saying anything about that. I know a self contain(with all amenities) in Lagos goes for almost the same amount, if not less, so what's the difference?

I once went with my friend to one private hostel in Unilag and was very impressed with what i saw, why can't U.i do the same? after a girl a girl taked me to not paying(mentionig rape, poor security, cultist snatched her phone, etc), i just had to make do with the general hostels for the mean time BUT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ABOUT THAT QUICKLY
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2008
ROFL ROFLMAO, jars, LOL, one kweshun - u be ajebo pikin? u get butler for house?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2008
jarsofclay:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

What really is happening to our country? At first, my main reason for chosing Ui was because I once heard any state outside Lagos is quite very cheap(food, housing, clothing) excepting PH and Abuja but now it seems the reverse is the case. I was to rent a private hostel around Ui according to the instruction of my parents so I could concentrate more on studies and be very very comfortable,

First of all, you might really end up not being comfortable. As if you intend staying off campus transporting yourself might be a mess, unless your parents would provide you with a car. Also about concentration, girl don't be fooled, staying off campus which also applies to private hostels don't help you really gain focus rather in most cases helps you loose focus. I know people who would have had better results if they lived in the hostel amongst their course mates. They simply lived alone and no one was there to warn them that they are heading straight for doom. Some realised on time and eventually ran to their friends in the hostel for help so that they wouldn't fail. My recommendation: You are an 100 Level student, you're new, live in the hostel .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2008
@worthsmith
lorz. lol. I don't know what ajebo is ooo, you no get butler for house?abegi, some of these private students parents sef don't ride on jet!

@adewale
Oh yeah? That's what I keep hearing:"you are a 100 level student, stay on campus", like we don't know what happens on campus too! It's not so much as what goes on in these hostels but more on the type of person. I can't be influenced at all and I can take of my self.Thanks anyway, I already got myself a place(private) and i don't intend going back. God is on my side grin
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
@Adewaleafolabi
what do u mean they are heading 4 doom?!
Is it the fact dat they live alone or cus they live away from school?
Living outside the school has its own advantage and disadvntge.
Residing in d school hostel might force u to change focus if u r influencd negatively, its also posible out of skul but i think it'l be easy to control if one lives alone. Considrn d fact that some people easily fall into temptations and addiction to do things, it'l b better to liv alone. In most cases its not only u but wit ur neigbors and other streetmates wu r also going 2 UI. One can just rent a 1room apartment wit a friend u trust well and u both pay 2gethr.
Assume its time 4 exam and ur other hostelmates r not reading, either playn music or entrtning female counterparts or, the guy is into some cultism trouble and this guys come to ur room and haras both innocent and guilty altogether. All am saying is some times ur privacy does matters.
The only genuine advantage in livin in d skul hostel is aces 2 info
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2008
Anyhow sha i'm still lookin for a place to stay should be outside d skul.
@jarsovclay
is there any available at the place u found.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by chemEngr: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
CALLING ALL JAMBITES OR SSCE HOLDERS>ALTERNATIVE OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY IN USA.My mission is to provide assistance to migrants through this programme - America Visa lottery FREE OF CHARGE.And also give you added advantage of guiding you on how to obtain Training/Certification to get a Job with Oil Company in USA,and Angola.
I can help you Apply for the DV 2010 for Free.I will do it absolutely Free.But many Agencies like Jonathan King and even Apple Choice are collecting Money to do it.

All you have to do is just scan your Passport size Photo at a Cybercafe and post it as an attachment.Also send details like 1.Your Full Names 2.Your Date of Birth(Must be the one you used when you did your SSCE/or the one taht appears on your SSCE REsult or Certificate).3 your place of Birth 4 Your Address.5 Your Phone Number.6 Your email
You can email to:
Email - christianfemi@yahoo.com Or send it by surface mail to:
Mr Edward Fash Farinde
ChevronTexaco Nigeria LTd
(Warri Office)
2 Chevron Drive
Lekki Peninsula[b][/b]
Lagos
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2008
@ jarsofclay,

lol, u don't know what ajebo means? Lol, u really are an ajebo! cheesy

@ adewaleafolabi,

O boy, how far? When u dey come skul? Hw far resumption date? I dey go IB tommorrow go drop my load for one of my pally room for Indy.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ajaxpound: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
hi guys
how are you doing?
They have started paying the school fees at the bank
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ajaxpound: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2008
I don't know how to update my scholol fees on the ui portal
Can someone tell me how
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ajaxpound: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2008
Good news to those people that use this year may/june awaiting result
ui now have something for you
Log on to there website www.ui.edu.ng
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2008
ajaxpound:

hi guys
how are you doing?
They have started paying the school fees at the bank

@ ajaxpound

Are you sure we can now pay the fees cuz some woman at the admissions office "advised" me not to pay yet.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
Well i'm not sure about the skul fees but i can assure u that money is being paid already 4 GES and Accomodation.
Whats Ges anyway.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2008
somebody please tell me it isnt necessary to go for the orientation
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ajaxpound: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2008
I am sure about it.
They have started collecting the school fees at the bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / What's The Worst English Sentence You've Ever Heard? / Obinna, 1-Year-Old Arise And Shine Delta Pupil Dies After 31 Strokes Of Cane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.