Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Apps That Bricks Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apps That Bricks Android Phones (8047 Views)

AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance. / The Top 5 Apps That Are Eating Your Data / Useful Phone Apps That Will Boost Your Business Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
There are some malacious and harmful apps that bricks and spoils our android phones like fonts installer(root).
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by hunkydory(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ok
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
Guyz contribute on apps you know can briks phone and let's stay safe.
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Adesam01(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chain fire 3D when installed on AOS 4.0 and above
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
nice thread
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks bro.let's keep posting.
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by olahero(m): 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
framaroot can damage your devices running on 4.up.....
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by pcwhiz(m): 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
Switchme especially wen installed on a custom rom.
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by 4peace(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
olahero: framaroot can damage your devices running on 4.up.....

NA LIE
using it on 4.2.1 and 4.2.2

1 Like

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by francis247(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
SGS2 onJB 4.1.2. Rooted with framaroot and working perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Oahray: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ignorance is the most common 'app' that bricks phones. Many of us install apps without finding out about it, just because we have an internet connection.

Some apps are meant for rooted phones only, others for certain roms only (eg chainfire) , still others require some form of knowledge to use them (eg, iFonts, CWM). Just be careful what you install, or what you tamper with on your root folder, and you would never end up with a brick.

5 Likes

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Lawalmd(m): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
tried framaroot on gionee E3 and it messed up my fone pretty bad had to undo d root and uninstall the program
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by delkayjay(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Oahray: Ignorance is the most common 'app' that bricks phones. Many of us install apps without finding out about it, just because we have an internet connection.

Some apps are meant for rooted phones only, others for certain roms only (eg chainfire) , still others require some form of knowledge to use them (eg, iFonts, CWM). Just be careful what you install, or what you tamper with on your root folder, and you would never end up with a brick.
word
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Rogbese(m): 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Oahray: Ignorance is the most common 'app' that bricks phones. Many of us install apps without finding out about it, just because we have an internet connection.

Very well said...
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by moshoodn(m): 1:04am On Aug 22, 2013
4peace:

NA LIE
using it on 4.2.1 and 4.2.2

Next time, learn to read well.

There is a difference between "CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE" and "WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE".

What may brick your device may not brick another due to some technicalities far beyond your immediate reasoning.

You may even get a procedure slightly wrong and voila, you got yourself a brick.

First time I tried to install fonts on my former droid, I bricked it.
REASON: Lack of patience on my part as I tried it when my battery was low and when the process wasn't responding, I did a battery pull... And I got myself a brick.

However, got it right the next time.

SUMMARY: Any app may brick your droid if you don't get it right.
Always check for app specs and compatibility before installation esp if you are rooted.

1 Like

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 7:26am On Aug 22, 2013
Chainfire na bad app too oooo
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Jeffy1206(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2013
guy what are u doing about ur bricked fone? i wan carry my own go carlcare o.
demex24: There are some malacious and harmful apps that bricks and spoils our android phones like fonts installer(root).
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2013
I wan go calcare too but I neva plan to now coz my plaz far from Lag.I dey akure.I dey think if I can backup on another person Q1 and now use the. Memory card to recover my phone maybe it will work...or wot do yu think?
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Framaroot
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by olayiwola9(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
clockwork mode name die, one mistake phone bricked. speaking from experience
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by donlyone(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
Java emulator zip( ie, the flash update kind) can remove your root acess.
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
donlyone: Java emulator zip( ie, the flash update kind) can remove your root acess.
The best java Emulator is Jbed(flashable)
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by emmysharp(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
Does this app brick Galaxy tab? I read a review of the tab VS tecno pad here:

www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-vs-tecno-phantom-pad-n9

1 Like

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by bedfordng(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
the truth is that any any thing / app can brick your android phone as far as it has to do with installing, flashing, tweaking etc.if a software is not compatible with your device, it may brick your phone, if you flash d wrong image file using any recovery tool(clockwork, ext4,twrp etc) it may result to bootloop, if you make any kind of unwanted command via ADB and FASTBOOT to you device, it may render it damaged, even if your device is not properly shut down, it may result to bricking it, last but not the list, i always advice android phone users to charge their battery to a reasonable level before trying any hacks, tweak, installing new ROMs/software etc because it may render your device into bootloop when the phone goes off and you are performing a task.the list is just endless, but i believe this would help.cheeers

2 Likes

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
[size=24pt]Chain fire 3d bricked my HTC my touch 4g slide... Beware .. THANKS GOD I GOT CMW INSTALLED[/size]
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Francheezy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
EMMAUGOH: [size=24pt]Chain fire 3d bricked my HTC my touch 4g slide... Beware .. THANKS GOD I GOT CMW INSTALLED[/size]
It didn't brick mine
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Francheezy:
It didn't brick mine
Thank your God now I remember I was running cm10.1 when it happened not Gb
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Abeg how go we now get correct font wey no go brick fone
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Emmaugoh..hav u repaired ur fone
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
demex24: @Emmaugoh..hav u repaired ur fone
yes naa
Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by bedfordng(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2013
EMMAUGOH: [size=24pt]Chain fire 3d bricked my HTC my touch 4g slide... Beware .. THANKS GOD I GOT CMW INSTALLED[/size]
thats the beauty of installing custom recovery.advice other pals not to just root their phones but also install recovery like clockworkmod,twrp,wildchild,ext4 etc.that way you stand a chance of fixing ur expensive phone.also, will advice pals to always leave usb deburging mode enabled, very useful for adb commands.

1 Like

Re: Apps That Bricks Android Phones by demex24(m): 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
CWMRECOVERMOD on point for ma droid...............just installed mine today i feel safe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. / TSTV Decoder Channels, Price, And Full Packages / Infinix Hot 9 - Official Specifications & Price!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.