Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,560 members, 7,850,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Anambra: What Next For Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: What Next For Soludo (2066 Views)

Graphic Photos: Pro-biafran Separatist Shot Dead In Anambra (what Do You Think?) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: What Next For Soludo by egift(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
What do you think Soludo should do at this point? I personally did not expect such brazen opposition from Gov. Obi, PDP and the Presidency.

Do you think he can make it pass APGA primaries? If he move to another party, can he pull through?
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
egift: What do you think Prof. Soludo can do now? I personally did not expect such brazen opposition from Gov. Obi, PDP and the Presidency.

Do you think he can make it pass APGA primaries? If he move to another party, can he pull through?

no matter what happens at the end, he should contest the elections in november
it makes sense.
if i were him, i will contest by all means because it gives him the opportunity
to win. if he does not contest, he would have lost without even trying.
nothing is permanent in politics!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
As much as am an Ngige supporter...if am to hazard a guess to the poster...I think Soludo should try UPP-United Progressive Party led by Chekwas Okorie

But something tells me that the presidency has a security report against Soludo which might be damning and could be very embarrasing to the personality of Soludo should they decide to use it against him

That's why I feel Soludo himself is not throwing any tantrums or beating his chest but rather lying low in the face of his present predicament
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Abagworo(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
REHOZIBAH: As much as am an Ngige supporter...if am to hazard a guess to the poster...I think Soludo should try UPP-United Progressive Party led by Chekwas Okorie

But something tells me that the presidency has a security report against Soludo which might be damning and could be very embarrasing to the personality of Soludo should they decide to use it against him

That's why I feel Soludo himself is not throwing any tantrums or beating his chest but rather lying low in the face of his present predicament

But why would they play politics with the future of the people? Anyway they have a good alternative. Ngige all the way.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

But why would they play politics with the future of the people? Anyway they have a good alternative. Ngige all the way.

the question of the day
lets see how they get away with this one
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
REHOZIBAH: As much as am an Ngige supporter...if am to hazard a guess to the poster...I think Soludo should try UPP-United Progressive Party led by Chekwas Okorie

very good point for the first part of your comment, something tells me with the outcry this has generated, Soludo may later be cleared by APGA but if they dont, he should head over to PDM or Chekwas Okorie's UPP, I would have said UPP starighaway but I don't know Soludo's financial strength to execute the election. In any case Soludo must contest, even if it means reconciling with Jonathan
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Soludo will contest under PDM (Atiku's new party). That is the escape route for both Soludo and Atiku, but we know that Soludo cannot win with PDM. If I were Soludo, I would not waste my money. He is not wanted in PDP, APGA or APC means he stands no chance at all. Sometimes you just have to fight another day.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Abagworo(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nashville: Soludo will contest under PDM (Atiku's new party). That is the escape route for both Soludo and Atiku, but we know that Soludo cannot win with PDM. If I were Soludo, I would not waste my money. He is not wanted in PDP, APGA or APC means he stands no chance at all. Sometimes you just have to fight another day.

At this point it's better to contest and lose.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

totally agree! cool
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
actually this is the time to know if Soludo has the power of personal conviction and self belief
nothing good comes easy and sometimes you may even have to stake your life for your belief
Soludo should contest
to do otherwise undermines and compromises his character irreparably.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nashville: Soludo will contest under PDM (Atiku's new party). That is the escape route for both Soludo and Atiku, but we know that Soludo cannot win with PDM. If I were Soludo, I would not waste my money. He is not wanted in PDP, APGA or APC means he stands no chance at all. Sometimes you just have to fight another day.
I can guarantee you that if Soludo contests under PDM, he stands a great chance. With financial muscle from the north (2015) and Soludo popularity, he will win. It will be like the NGF elections. GEJ knows he has everything to lose if Soludo makes this move.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
If he can't get APGA to upturn their decision, the guy should just chill. Moving to another party at this point will not only see him losing but also portray him as a political prostitute.

My 2 cents.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
very good point for the first part of your comment, something tells me with the outcry this has generated, Soludo may later be cleared by APGA but if they dont, he should head over to PDM or Chekwas Okorie's UPP, I would have said UPP starighaway but I don't know Soludo's financial strength to execute the election. In any case Soludo must contest, even if it means reconciling with Jonathan

I doubt if APGA will rescind it decision on Soludo and then the issue of having the wherewithal to mount a robust campaign is another issue. From a little information available to me,you can't prosecute a gubernatorial campaign if u don't have at least N5billion owing to the logistics involved. Does Soludo has such money to burn? Or does he have people who could fund his campaign...Remember the presidency will be watching him and whoever that tries to support him since he is a marked man now hence the EFCC wil be scouting for suspicious movement of money to any account linked with his campaign shd he remain adamant abt going ahead.Contesting an election involves having men and material at evry ward,constituencies to forstall rigging against u...if the truth be told,Soludo should rather let go. The APGA platform wud have been best for him but Peter Obi will not stand by and watch someone coming behind him who would not cooperate with him. Because in my opinion only Soludo and Ngige has the independence and clarity of mind not to be anyone's stooge
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by emiye(m): 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sunny_bobo: If he can't get APGA to upturn their decision, the guy should just chill. Moving to another party at this point will not only see him losing but also portray him as a political prostitute.

My 2 cents.

APGA's decision on Soludo is a done deal, If he moves to another party now, surely he will not only look like a political prostitute, but a very cheap one at that.

From PDP to APGA to party XYZ in a space of 1 month shocked shocked
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
re@lchange:

the question of the day
lets see how they get away with this one

Who are "they"?
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ngige ll appoint him as finance commissioner or Senior Special Assistant on Economic matters.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
emiye:
APGA's decision on Soludo is a done deal, If he moves to another party now, surely he will not only look like a political prostitute, but a very cheap one at that.

There is NOTHING wrong with him leaving for another party. Both Rochas and Senator Chris Anyanwu amongst both did same previously and all won. Soludo needs to become a politician. If he was really convinced about being governor, why allow a bunch of party men to abort his conviction not even at primaries level. Like someone said, its better for him to contest and lose, this is his last chance he has considering the level of support he had now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
I laughed in African Dubai Taiwan!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
Soludo Should not give credence to the facts being used against him by joining PDM. I would suggest teaming up with PPA, Orji Uzo Kalu's Party, but am not sure if they have structures in Anambra. You need both rigging power and popularity to win Anambra elections. At the moment only Ngige has both.

Peter Obi is really a goat. This is how he will kill APGA.
What kind of screening can you construct to screen out a person with Soludo's credentials.
As for GEJ's hand in this, he will feel the heat when APC takes over control of Anambra in 2015 elections.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by omiobo: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
I don't know why no one is condemning Peter Obi's role in this nonsense politics. I felt bad for Soludo. Anyway,Ngige all the way.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Clerverly: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
There is NOTHING wrong with him leaving for another party. Both Rochas and Senator Chris Anyanwu amongst both did same previously and all won. Soludo needs to become a politician. If he was really convinced about being governor, why allow a bunch of party men to abort his conviction not even at primaries level. Like someone said, its better for him to contest and lose, this is his last chance he has considering the level of support he had now.

You are too emotional with this your Soludo. Take it easy Adanne, Soludo is gone and not to come back politically. Inugo? maka onwe gi!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by omiobo: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
emiye:

Soludo made a mistake by trusting that he goat. Meanwhile,God is wonderful. Imagine all hope is gone for Ngige,but suddenly suddenly he begins to see light at the end of the tunnel. Na God! This God na elele! Dem say make Ngige go hold Fashola for his downfall. Now who should Soludo hold for his downfall? Adaobi!!!!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Clerverly:

You are too emotional with this your Soludo. Take it easy Adanne, Soludo is gone and not to come back politically. Inugo? maka onwe gi!
taaaaaaaaaaaa, get away
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I can guarantee you that if Soludo contests under PDM, he stands a great chance. With financial muscle from the north (2015) and Soludo popularity, he will win. It will be like the NGF elections. GEJ knows he has everything to lose if Soludo makes this move.

I disagree, I do not know the financial muscle the PDM has and it definitely cannot match PDP or APC. PDM is still very new and if anything, they will not want to gamble too much on Anambra elections. Even when Soludo was a PDP candidate, he still lost to APGA so that is a reality check.

Abagworo:

In this case I disagree, he does not even have a solid platform to contest on. No financial muscle to pursue his dream and to me, he might just be wasting his time if he cannot get the ticket on any of the major parties. Having said that, I think he may be the best candidate.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
The next thing for Soludo to do is to go back to his 1.3 million pounds home in London and continue to be the best father to his children.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
Abagworo:

Seriously
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by baby124: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
What can he do? They are obviously out for him. If he knows his hands are clean he can contest under another party. Otherwise...
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by egift(m): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
If am soludo i will leave the race, support Ngige, help Ngige with contacts to bring in the funds and master plan need to develop Anambra.

Even if he give Adaobi and Jona his arms, legs and testacles - they will still fear Soludo because they can't control him.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
All these Ngige nay APC goons all over nairaland. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Bensonn: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ freeglobe the way ppl on this thread keep making political permutations on soludo's fate and the best next step for him to follow, is tthe best way politics is meant to be discussed,and i must say its a great height of maturity. but you guys started with brazen cheap blackmail of ngige, labelling him uncountable negativities,knowing fully that he enjoys good fortune among anambrarians, instead of stating clearly the credentials of your prefered candidate. Check my posts on this forum you will discover that i hardly label any opposition candidate with mischief despite being crystal clear that am ardent apc follower and i think its the same with reasonable others. Pls let us shun subjectivity and lead a sincere life devoid of sentiments and hate. Thanks....
On soludo, its very unfortunate that gej has denied anambra ppl the chance for their votes to count, but of a truth i stay in anambra state and also move about in most rural areas, soludo is not as popular as ppl here and other social networks keeps it, he can only win an election in anambra only on the platforms of pdp and apga due to the already stronghold of the parties in the state and the backing he will get from obi(shld he run under apga), truth be told in terms of overall popularity and acceptance in the state cutting across age brackets and social classes,soludo is no match at all to ngige. Becos only the educated elite and the few enlightened uneducated know soludo, but ngige is known by all, and not only that and also seen as a good person. So suggesting dt soludo shld join any unknown party for this election will lead to total political sucide by him and he will be looked upon as being despirate, so i will advice he try and prevail upon apga to allow him contest under their platform or wait to fight another day so he will not diminish totally the remaining respect he still has. And moreover i think he will one day get back at those who see him as a negative light in their desperate bid to remain in power. Conclusively i think apga made a grat mistake by disqualifying soludo, GEJ may not have known that dis his desperate move has practically handed ngige(apc) the initiative to clinch the polls. Goodluck to soludo in his next move
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: All these Ngige nay APC goons all over nairaland. cheesy cheesy

my sister i tire o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Who are "they"?

adaobi and his gang of never do wells

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obong Victor Attah Gets A Heroic Reception After The 2014 National Conference / Spain And Nigeria, Catalonia And Biafra-a Mirror Image Reflection / Card Reader Is Jega's Plan B To Rig Election In Favour Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.