Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,724 members, 7,865,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Anambra: What Next For Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: What Next For Soludo (2067 Views)

Graphic Photos: Pro-biafran Separatist Shot Dead In Anambra (what Do You Think?) / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
how can adaobi sleep at night having denied ndigbo the chance for a genuine political rebirth?
oh i forgot, he lives in abuja
ndigbo atogokwa sad
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Chasicolis(f): 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
soludo solution alaaa.frnt pg.mod.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Abagworo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
Politics is a dirty game and this should teach good people to be careful before jumping into politics. In 2009 all Nigerians fought for GEJ to emerge President even amidst rotational agreement and in 2011 many Nigerians felt the incumbent had right to a 2nd term and today another adjustment has been made that the 2nd term is now 1st term and the incumbent President will contest again in 2015 making it 3 terms. I won't be surprised if the constitution is amended in 2019 for limitless tenure like Zimbabwe.

There's no honesty in politics.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by cKaiser: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2013
To be a governor of a state like Anambra you need a big platform and support

You think if Soludo goes to any other PDM or UPP, the powers that disqualified him wont follow him there?

I mean would AdaObi and Jonathan open their eyes and watch Soludo win despite their opposition?

Only 3 platforms can fight for the Anambra governorship.

The Sitting governor who controls APGA, The sitting President who controls PDP and the National Opposition APC who has a popular candidate in Ngige.

Anything aside that na waste of time.

Its not like Soludo is a grassroot man like Obi and Ngige self. So where is his leverage? You think nairaland pundits can win him election?

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by IGBOSON1: 12:44am On Aug 22, 2013
cKaiser: To be a governor of a state like Anambra you need a big platform and support

You think if Soludo goes to any other PDM or UPP, the powers that disqualified him wont follow him there?

I mean would AdaObi and Jonathan open their eyes and watch Soludo win despite their opposition?

The Sitting governor who controls APGA, The sitting President who controls PDP and the National Opposition APC who has a popular candidate in Ngige.

Its not like Soludo is a grassroot man like Obi and Ngige self. So where is his leverage? You think nairaland pundits can win him election?

^^^I think you should call it as it is: The Anambra electorate are like their Abian brothers......passive, unconcerned and resigned to whatever fate their godfathers (GEJ, OBI and the apga chairman.....can't even remember the chiselling crooks name sef!) decide for them.

It's obvious the godfathers are afraid of Soludo otherwise they would have taken a chance and tried to get rid of him at the primaries; after all, that would raise less dust innit? So this your argument of Soludo having no support (whether grassroot or treeroot) doesn't reflect what is on ground.

If the enlightened Anambra electorate (civil society, student bodies, market unions, professional bodies, 'royal' fathers......on second thoughts remove 'royal' fathers, since they've already sold their conscience for some cool INNOSON SUVs) don't want to cause a stir -at the very least- concerning the way Soludo was treated, then whatever consequences that may arise from having a governor selected by the godfathers and crowned come next elections....such consequences would be solely theirs to bear for another 4 years at the very least!

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by bushwailo: 12:48am On Aug 22, 2013
All of you implicating GEJ in Soludo saga, where did you get the idea from ?
Is it that you guys are permanently suffering from Malaria, that you just make up stories and believe it ?

The fact of the matter is that AdaObi schemed Soludo off his party.
As simple as ABC.
You don't jump into a party and take over, just by collecting membership form.

Pls show some common sense.
For Soludo, I think he needs better political advicers.
The way he has dragged himself in the mud, during his short political career is shocking
Let him be a bit patient, become a minister or senator and then build a political stucture for himself.
But he should never have ventured into politics after serving as CBN governor
But thats me sha !

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by IGBOSON1: 1:09am On Aug 22, 2013
bushwailo: All of you implicating GEJ in Soludo saga, where did you get the idea from ?
Is it that you guys are permanently suffering from Malaria, that you just make up stories and believe it ?

The fact of the matter is that AdaObi schemed Soludo off his party.
As simple as ABC.
You don't jump into a party and take over, just by collecting membership form.

Pls show some common sense.
For Soludo, I think he needs better political advicers.
The way he has dragged himself in the mud, during his short political career is shocking
Let him be a bit patient, become a minister or senator and then build a political stucture for himself.
But he should never have ventured into politics after serving as CBN governor
But thats me sha !

^^^You honestly think GEJ isn't in the know concerning what's happening with Soludo in APGA? It doesn't sound reasonable that Soludo only a few weeks ago was praising Obis tenure as Governor and then joined APGA a few days later, only to fall out of favour with the party hierarchy a few days after that; it tells you there's been some outside influence in APGAs final decision. They and Soludo knew what it took to get the nod to contest the primaries, and hence he was encouraged to join the party (he didn't just wake up one morning and go to pick up a party membership card), only for them to sing a different tune after the APGA chairmans bank account was 'watered' and Obi was 'spoken' to. I also believe the Uba brothers -one way or the other- facilitated the whole process, maybe planting ideas in the mind of the President about the imagined dangers of having Soludo as Governor come 2015; this would have removed the number one threat to Andy Ubas chances....he feels he can take on Ngige (esp' with the APC baggage) more easily than a Soludo!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:19am On Aug 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I doubt if APGA will rescind it decision on Soludo and then the issue of having the wherewithal to mount a robust campaign is another issue. From a little information available to me,you can't prosecute a gubernatorial campaign if u don't have at least N5billion owing to the logistics involved. Does Soludo has such money to burn? Or does he have people who could fund his campaign...Remember the presidency will be watching him and whoever that tries to support him since he is a marked man now hence the EFCC wil be scouting for suspicious movement of money to any account linked with his campaign shd he remain adamant abt going ahead.Contesting an election involves having men and material at evry ward,constituencies to forstall rigging against u...if the truth be told,Soludo should rather let go. The APGA platform wud have been best for him but Peter Obi will not stand by and watch someone coming behind him who would not cooperate with him. Because in my opinion only Soludo and Ngige has the independence and clarity of mind not to be anyone's stooge

I have come to the realization that most people here(especially the Omanbalas) has no single grasp of the Anambra politics; For your info Anambra has so many well distinguished men who can match Soludo intelligence for intelligence and exposure for exposure. How many of you know about the man Peter Obi before he put the all powerful PDP to the cleaners ? Soludo didn't do his homework very well before he made his declaration to run. There are people with better ideas among those cleared and Apga once again will put shame on all of you enemy of Peter Obi and pure Omanbala like myself. Onlytruth,Sunnybobo,Realchange and the rest of my brothers here I'm very ashamed of you that you will make a 360 and start badmouthing Obi just because Soludo wasn't cleared. Was he the only one affected ? Oseloka Obaze was one of the architects of Obi's achievements,he is also from Anambra north but he wasn't cleared,either. But you don't see me running around insulting Okwute. Apga has constitution and election guidelines and the screening committee followed it ,strictly. how then would you blame Obi for Soludo's outster ? Obi is a very disciplined man with a proud integrity and even Soludo confirmed that. Soludo himself hasn't come out and said he was cheated out! Please,be a forthright person and always stand for the truth. Don't worry about Acn and all those makeshift parties because Apga grassroot support is unshakable! Take my word for it. And we will elect a darkhorse but one that will make us proud.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:28am On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You honestly think GEJ isn't in the know concerning what's happening with Soludo in APGA? It doesn't sound reasonable that Soludo only a few weeks ago was praising Obis tenure as Governor and then joined APGA a few days later, only to fall out of favour with the party hierarchy a few days after that; it tells you there's been some outside influence in APGAs final decision. They and Soludo knew what it took to get the nod to contest the primaries, and hence he was encouraged to join the party (he didn't just wake up one morning and go to pick up a party membership card), only for them to sing a different tune after the APGA chairmans bank account was 'watered' and Obi was 'spoken' to. I also believe the Uba brothers -one way or the other- facilitated the whole process, maybe planting ideas in the mind of the President about the imagined dangers of having Soludo as Governor come 2015; this would have removed the number one threat to Andy Ubas chances....he feels he can take on Ngige (esp' with the APC baggage) more easily than a Soludo!

Nwokem,stop talking like a shack-house bar drunk. Was Soludo the only candidate disqualified ? Wasn't two of the strongest contestant from Anambra north(Obaze and Obidigbo) also disqualified ? Obaze,one of the brain behind the ruserrection of Anambra. Stop spewing trash and think like you have a common sense. All these education for nothing!

1 Like

Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:35am On Aug 22, 2013
cKaiser: To be a governor of a state like Anambra you need a big platform and support

Another grass-chewing goat on the loose..somebody hand me a noose!
Keep calling Obi and the day you stop will be the day you will be run over by a truck,eediot!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:53am On Aug 22, 2013
Abagworo:

But why would they play politics with the future of the people? Anyway they have a good alternative. Ngige all the way.

Who is playing politics ? If you have no evidence Soludo was cheated out I suggest you keep your bigoted thoughts to yourself. You have tried tirelessly to find materials that you will use to tarnish the image of Obi but you couldn't find one. So,all you could do is make up lies and deceit and use the emotions of Anambrarians to turn them against the man that pulled Omanbala out of grave and gave her life. But guess what ? Odenigbo is here,lukwaa echi. You will have to kill me first before you get to the secret place of Umu-Omanbala! Ina agba ngba na efu!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:59am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: If he can't get APGA to upturn their decision, the guy should just chill. Moving to another party at this point will not only see him losing but also portray him as a political prostitute.

My 2 cents.

You are getting there,nwanne. Achoo m' ka unu nine bu Umu-Omanbala na eche echiche ka ndi nwee uche. Olisaebuluwa nyelu Omanbala amamife mana ona ewute m' rinne ma nfu ka unu na esu ndi ofeke akotosi Peter Obi. Obu ife jogbulu onwie. Ona egbu m' alili n' ime obi.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:06am On Aug 22, 2013
Soludo need to calm down,take his time,plan and be prepared for when the time comes. He used the same approach last time and failed woefully. He thought Apga was PDP; Apga is a very tough party with a good grassroot structure. You can't just jump in and just go like that. He needs to learn...This is Omanbala politic 101....lol
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by phlamy(m): 3:18am On Aug 22, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwokem,stop talking like a shack-house bar drunk. Was Soludo the only candidate disqualified ? Wasn't two of the strongest contestant from Anambra north(Obaze and Obidigbo) also disqualified ? Obaze,one of the brain behind the ruserrection of Anambra. Stop spewing trash and think like you have a common sense. All these education for nothing!

This 2 page thread was clean, civil without bigotry, abuse or name calling until you walked in.
And do you think you can insult more than anyone of this thread, better check their postings and
shut up. Be warned.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:22am On Aug 22, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Soludo need to calm down,take his time,plan and be prepared for when the time comes. He used the same approach last time and failed woefully. He thought Apga was PDP; Apga is a very tough party with a good grassroot structure. You can't just jump in and just go like that. He needs to learn...This is Omanbala politic 101....lol
Nwanne, much as I advise Soludo to chill, I'm getting sick of this rhetoric of APGA being a strong grassroots party where you can't just jump in and pick the ticket. If I may ask, for how long was Uche Ekwunife a member of APGA before being nominated for house of reps? Dora Akunyili nko? Rochas nko? Chuma Nzeribe nko?

You guys should just drop that line of argument, APGA bleeped up big time and I'm sorry to say that the battle is now between Ngige and Andy Uba.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by eye4eye: 3:40am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Nwanne, much as I advise Soludo to chill, I'm getting sick of this rhetoric of APGA being a strong grassroots party where you can't just jump in and pick the ticket. If I may ask, for how long was Uche Ekwunife a member of APGA before being nominated for house of assembly? Dora Akunyili nko? Rochas nko? Chuma Nzeribe nko?

You guys should just drop that line of argument, APGA bleeped up big time and I'm sorry to say that the battle is now between Ngige and Andy Uba.

grin tongue
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by royal231(m): 4:57am On Aug 22, 2013
You. All here are not being fair to ifeanyi uba ...... He is contesting too
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:31am On Aug 22, 2013
royal231: You. All here are not being fair to ifeanyi uba ...... He is contesting too
Ifeanyi gini? Is that the name of a person or a dog?
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by camelus: 7:50am On Aug 22, 2013
baby_123: What can he do? They are obviously out for him. If he knows his hands are clean he can contest under another party. Otherwise...
Tell me one Politician in Nigeria that is a Saint/ Clean and i will tell u his Sin/Dirty Part !
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by IGBOSON1: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Nwanne, much as I advise Soludo to chill, I'm getting sick of this rhetoric of APGA being a strong grassroots party where you can't just jump in and pick the ticket. If I may ask, for how long was Uche Ekwunife a member of APGA before being nominated for house of reps? Dora Akunyili nko? Rochas nko? Chuma Nzeribe nko?

^^^Spot on my brother! That party has no mission, no vision, and is open to the highest bidder! Whether Rochas got lucky or actually had a premonition of their impending demise; the guy made a smart move in leaving the Godforsaken mess that passes for a political party. They can't even take a shi/t without PDP giving them permission!

Imagine: you have an eminently qualified person (with international clout and proven abilities) who has a well thought out vision and the necessary fire-in-the-belly and hunger to govern his state if elected; you then get spoken to by outsiders (who for one reason or the other don't like him), and then proceed to use all the dirty tricks in the book to disqualify him from contesting the primaries; and from there you go and drag out an unprepared, unwilling and uninterested person from his chosen day job......who is a political neophyte and upstart to boot, and push him to the front as the partys anointed. Go figure!

It's clear that whatever the calculations or permutations in this election are, the interest of the average Anambran on the street doesn't feature highly in it!

The way i see it, if Soludo doesn't get cleared by APGA or join another party, then the race is between Ngige and Andy Ubah.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by ak47mann(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2013
Well APC will not smell anambra state so you guys should stop troubling yourselves is a done deal cool cool
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by ak47mann(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2013
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!
APC Anambra Governorship Candidates Rejects Ngige.

**the selection of Ngige as the wishful thinking of Okorocha.
**APC must conduct primaries for in Anambra, and as we will not tolerate any imposition by anyone or group.
**the announcement of Ngige as the consensus candidate of the APC in Anambra is complete falsehood.
**We are going to resist any imposition in the coming election because that is not what the constitution say.

The imposition of Senator Ngige as the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the November 16, 2013 election has meet a brick wall as other aspirants who are not aware of the arrangement to impose Ngige on them has refused to recognise him.

The aspirants were furious on what they construe as 'the dubious' role played by Governor Okorocha, who was meeting the aspirants individually to informing them that others have stepped down and that they should follow suit. They said that APC must conduct primaries for in Anambra, and if they lose they will accept the result and will not tolerate any imposition by anyone or group.

Chief Annie Okonkwo, the South-East interim Deputy Chairman of APC and one of the popular candidates was forced to step down with a promise of a guaranteed senatorial seat.

Hope For Nigeria learnt that APC has branded the governorship election in Anambra as 'highly important and a test case of their acceptability in the South East".

Chief Godwin Ezeemo, one of the aspirants described the selection of Ngige as the wishful thinking of Okorocha.

He said the Imo governor would not be allowed to become an overlord in an election that concerns people of Anambra State.

His words: “Governor Rochas Okorocha is not from Anambra State and he would not be allowed to become an overlord in an exercise that is for the people of Anambra State.

“As far as I am concerned, the announcement of Senator Ngige as the consensus candidate of the APC in Anambra is complete falsehood. It is merely the wishful thinking of one man in the person of Rochas Okorocha,” he said.

Ezeemo added that INEC does not recognise consensus arrangements, insisting that there must be primaries for the aspirants running on the platform of the APC in Anambra State.

"Leaders of the party had all agreed that there must be a level playing field for all the aspirants and maintained that nothing short of primaries would be accepted by his teeming supporters.

“When did Rochas Okorocha become a native of Anambra State and somebody that would now dictate what happens to people of the state. We are going to resist any imposition in the coming election because that is not what the constitution says.”

The hijack of the proposed primaries, according to party sources to Hope For Nigeria is that Ezeemo has already perfected plans to win, as he has the support of the 64-member SEC (22 elected state officers, 21 LG Chairmen and 21 ex-officio members ,representing each of the LGAs) in Anambra State

The National leadership of APC are thrown into confusion as many of them are not even aware of this make-shift arrangement that happened in Abuja and have decided to avoid making public statements.
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2013
W
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

I have come to the realization that most people here(especially the Omanbalas) has no single grasp of the Anambra politics; For your info Anambra has so many well distinguished men who can match Soludo intelligence for intelligence and exposure for exposure. How many of you know about the man Peter Obi before he put the all powerful PDP to the cleaners ? Soludo didn't do his homework very well before he made his declaration to run. There are people with better ideas among those cleared and Apga once again will put shame on all of you enemy of Peter Obi and pure Omanbala like myself. Onlytruth,Sunnybobo,Realchange and the rest of my brothers here I'm very ashamed of you that you will make a 360 and start badmouthing Obi just because Soludo wasn't cleared. Was he the only one affected ? Oseloka Obaze was one of the architects of Obi's achievements,he is also from Anambra north but he wasn't cleared,either. But you don't see me running around insulting Okwute. Apga has constitution and election guidelines and the screening committee followed it ,strictly. how then would you blame Obi for Soludo's outster ? Obi is a very disciplined man with a proud integrity and even Soludo confirmed that. Soludo himself hasn't come out and said he was cheated out! Please,be a forthright person and always stand for the truth. Don't worry about Acn and all those makeshift parties because Apga grassroot support is unshakable! Take my word for it. And we will elect a darkhorse but one that will make us proud.

Maybe it is this Anambra North bullshit that is making APGA turn rules upside down. But you will learn a bitter lesson when you find yourself out of power. Who the ish is Obaze to be calling his name alongside Soludo, as off now he is a nobody and will never win elections in Anambra. Peter Obi tested his powers with Dora Akunyili, we all know how it went down. He seems to be suffering from a common sickness of people who abuse power, they always overestimate their reach. RIP APGA!
Re: Anambra: What Next For Soludo by pazienza(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2013
KenGali:

Maybe it is this Anambra North bullshit that is making APGA turn rules upside down. But you will learn a bitter lesson when you find yourself out of power. Who the ish is Obaze to be calling his name alongside Soludo, as off now he is a nobody and will never win elections in Anambra. Peter Obi tested his powers with Dora Akunyili, we all know how it went down. He seems to be suffering from a common sickness of people who abuse power, they always overestimate their reach. RIP APGA!

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos State: My Experience By Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe / Jonathan’s Attempt To Suffocate Opposition Not Good For Democracy – Buhari / Bolivian President Declares Israel A 'terrorist State'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.