Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements (2295 Views)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Enoquin(f): 6:38am On Aug 22, 2013
Four months after Mr. Kolawole Ahmed lost his life in
an accident at Ikorodu, his family are said to be at
loggerheads with his widow, Agnes, over his
entitlements.
Kolawole died on April 13, 2013, when his vehicle
plunged into the Majidun River, Ikorodu, Lagos State.
Before his death, he was a manager with the Ikoyi
Golf Club.
It was reported in the Sunday PUNCH of April 14 that
the vehicle, a Toyota van belonging to the club,
veered off the road, before plunging into the river.

It was gathered that trouble began in the family after
Agnes was contacted by Kolawole's colleague to
retrieve her late husband's car, a Mazda 626, which
was still parked on the company premises.
Agnes said, "My husband's colleague called me last
month to come and pick his car. Since I lived in the
family house, I informed my mother-in-law about the
call and my intention to bring the car back to the
house.
"At the time, I had no idea that his family had
written to the company to pay them my husband's
entitlements.
"My mother-in-law replied that I should wait for my
husband's eldest sister and brothers to come back
home before doing anything."
PUNCH Metro learnt that Kolawole, before his death,
lived with his siblings in a one-storey building at
Imam Ojogu Street in the Agege area of the state.
It was learnt that later, a family meeting was
summoned with Kolawole's siblings in attendance.
Agnes once again repeated what she had earlier told
her mother-in-law.
Agnes said, "To my surprise, my in-laws reacted
angrily. They told me that I was trying to steal my
husband's money, saying it belonged to them.
"They accused me of conniving with his employers to
deny them of his entitlements. It was at that
moment that I realised that they had written to the
company without my knowledge.
"When I denied their accusations, Kolawole's
youngest brother, Bosun, slapped me and
threatened to deal with me. I was forced to flee my
apartment- we lived in a flat downstairs – while
Ahmed's siblings and mother occupied the flat
upstairs.
"I was able to pack only a few things before leaving. I have three children; the eldest is 10 years. I am all
they have left. Right now, I am squatting with friends
but I want to go back and pack my things without
fear."
It was gathered that the widow had not made any
formal report to the police. The matter, was,
however, said to be before a non-governmental
organisation concerned with women issues.

When PUNCH Metro contacted the Ahmed family,
they denied Agnes' allegations.
Ahmed's eldest sister, Mrs. Tokunbo Awebiyi, said,
"Anything I say on this matter, I will rather say it in
Agnes' presence or at least one member of her
family. I don't want to talk to you alone.
"Also our lawyer must be present. We have not
collected anything from Ahmed's employers; they
didn't answer us."

Bosun also denied threatening his sister-in-law. He
said, "I never slapped her; nobody in this family
threatened her. Agnes left her home on her own
accord. Everything she told you are all lies. We are
not dragging Ahmed's entitlements with her."

mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/widow-in-laws-at-war-over-husbands-entitlements/
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by biolabee(m): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2013
Na wa

Entitlement that may not even be enough for the children to survive on

May we not die untimely

1 Like

Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Tinkybabe(f): 8:32am On Aug 22, 2013
Omg!! Why are some families just wicked? ! ! poverty, greed and plain wickedness has eroded the human(e) in some human beings.
Poverty stricken family! Smh.

I believe the wife should be able to follow the case up legally..what does the law say to cases like this, where the man has no will( sorry entitlement)..if she's a legal wife I believe she's entitled to his properties . .We don't leave in a lawless country. .Justice must act here.

Rubbish family! !!In the face of the law their tune changes.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by bellong: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
To prevent all these stories that touch, there is need for the national assembly to come up with bill against estate take over by husband's families except there is a will from the man handing over his estate to his family.

How will somebody have a wife and children, yet the wicked family will be thinking of taking over his properties at the expense of the children's welfare. I wouldn't blame them, how on earth will a grown up man still be living in a family house with his siblings and parent.

The husband's eldest sister even said Mrs. "Anything I say on this matter, I will rather say it in Agnes' presence or at least one member of her family. I don't want to talk to you alone. "Also our lawyer must be present. We have not collected anything from Ahmed's employers; they didn't answer us.".

They didn't answer them, meaning they wrote to the company to release the guy's entitlement to them. What a great shame. She is a woman, I hope she understands that she also could be in the same situation anytime. Shame on all of them including the weak dead man.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
chaircover: The woman just left on her own accord undecided . . .who is supposed to believe that?

tomorrow now, people start blaming the leaders for everything that is going wring in Nigeria. We point a finger but all 4 others pointing back at us.

Mrs Ahmed, sorry but that is the kind of family you married into. . . and to top it up you are all living in the family house. If they deprive you of your husbands entitlement, nothing more to do than to tie your wrapper hard and go out and fend for yourself and your children, unless someone is prepared to fight on your behalf. Some people are just so wicked.
please enough of all this failure mentality.everytime we are always saying tie your oja well and focus on your kids when people take advantage of your vulnerability.what is all this nonsense sef in 2013 o.moreover why is the sister inlaw afraid to talk to the lawyer,why is she particular about speaking to her in person or her family if not to harass or intimidate her.which woman leaves her own house on her own.by the way yorubas say 2 people cannot be lieing at the same time,one of the parties involved know that he or she is lieing.

mshewwwwww useless,hungry,greedy,lazy and backward family :/ tufiaaaakwa
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
bellong: To prevent all these stories that touch, there is need for the national assembly to come up with bill against estate take over by husband's families except there is a will from the man handing over his estate to his family.

How will somebody have a wife and children, yet the wicked family will be thinking of taking over his properties at the expense of the children's welfare. I wouldn't blame them, how on earth will a grown up man still be living in a family house with his siblings and parent.

The husband's eldest sister even said Mrs. "Anything I say on this matter, I will rather say it in Agnes' presence or at least one member of her family. I don't want to talk to you alone. "Also our lawyer must be present. We have not collected anything from Ahmed's employers; they didn't answer us.".

They didn't answer them, meaning they wrote to the company to release the guy's entitlement to them. What a great shame. She is a woman, I hope she understands that she also could be in the same situation anytime. Shame on all of them including the weak dead man.
apparently they didnt answer them because they know how useless they are in that family.moreover it is not possible for the woman to be shameless because yorubas say a mad woman can never be ashamed even if she is dancing at the market naked,so dont blame her,she is only a mad woman
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tinkybabe: Omg!! Why are some families just wicked? ! ! poverty, greed and plain wickedness has eroded the human(e) in some human beings.
Poverty stricken family! Smh.

I believe the wife should be able to follow the case up legally..what does the law say to cases like this, where the man has no will( sorry entitlement)..if she's a legal wife I believe she's entitled to his properties . .We don't leave in a lawless country. .Justice must act here.

Rubbish family! !!In the face of the law their tune changes.

in the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of nigeria we dont live in a lawless country,but in the reality that stares you and i in the face every day,on a daily basis e.g news and happenings around us,we dont only leave in a lawless society,we also leave in a barbaric jungle bereft of ethical leaders by example in all sectors including families.anyway i hope she is strong enough financially,spiritually and socially to fight to the end and as the lay man will say,i hope her legs are very long.i wont say more than that,the person that has inner eyes will see and understand what i am saying,meanwhile

this is a a lesson to other ladies that want to marry,DO YOUR HOMEWORK WELL AND ENSURE YOU ARE NOT ENTERING A USELESS,I NEVER CHOP FAMILY BECAUSE WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN,YOU WILL KNOW WHO THEY REALLY ARE.FORGET ALL THE ONES THEY DO IN YOUR TRADITIONAL CEREMONY.ALL THAT ONE NA WASH AND IS JUST EYE SERVICE BEFORE FAMILY AND FRIENDS.A WORD IS ALWAYS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

1 Like

Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Enoquin: Four months after Mr. Kolawole Ahmed lost his life in
an accident at Ikorodu, his family are said to be at
loggerheads with his widow, Agnes, over his
entitlements.
Kolawole died on April 13, 2013, when his vehicle
plunged into the Majidun River, Ikorodu, Lagos State.
Before his death, he was a manager with the Ikoyi
Golf Club.
It was reported in the Sunday PUNCH of April 14 that
the vehicle, a Toyota van belonging to the club,
veered off the road, before plunging into the river.

It was gathered that trouble began in the family after
Agnes was contacted by Kolawole's colleague to
retrieve her late husband's car, a Mazda 626, which
was still parked on the company premises.
Agnes said, "My husband's colleague called me last
month to come and pick his car. Since I lived in the
family house, I informed my mother-in-law about the
call and my intention to bring the car back to the
house.
"At the time, I had no idea that his family had
written to the company to pay them my husband's
entitlements.
"My mother-in-law replied that I should wait for my
husband's eldest sister and brothers to come back
home before doing anything."
PUNCH Metro learnt that Kolawole, before his death,
lived with his siblings in a one-storey building at
Imam Ojogu Street in the Agege area of the state.
It was learnt that later, a family meeting was
summoned with Kolawole's siblings in attendance.
Agnes once again repeated what she had earlier told
her mother-in-law.
Agnes said, "To my surprise, my in-laws reacted
angrily. They told me that I was trying to steal my
husband's money, saying it belonged to them.
"They accused me of conniving with his employers to
deny them of his entitlements. It was at that
moment that I realised that they had written to the
company without my knowledge.
"When I denied their accusations, Kolawole's
youngest brother, Bosun, slapped me and
threatened to deal with me. I was forced to flee my
apartment- we lived in a flat downstairs – while
Ahmed's siblings and mother occupied the flat
upstairs.
"I was able to pack only a few things before leaving. I have three children; the eldest is 10 years. I am all
they have left. Right now, I am squatting with friends
but I want to go back and pack my things without
fear."
It was gathered that the widow had not made any
formal report to the police. The matter, was,
however, said to be before a non-governmental
organisation concerned with women issues.

When PUNCH Metro contacted the Ahmed family,
they denied Agnes' allegations.
Ahmed's eldest sister, Mrs. Tokunbo Awebiyi, said,
"Anything I say on this matter, I will rather say it in
Agnes' presence or at least one member of her
family. I don't want to talk to you alone.
"Also our lawyer must be present. We have not
collected anything from Ahmed's employers; they
didn't answer us."

Bosun also denied threatening his sister-in-law. He
said, "I never slapped her; nobody in this family
threatened her. Agnes left her home on her own
accord. Everything she told you are all lies. WE ARE NOT DRAGGING AHMEDS ENTITLEMENTS WITH HER."

mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/widow-in-laws-at-war-over-husbands-entitlements/
If mrs grobido aka greedy and wicked sister inlaw aka iya oko oshi tioletole is not dragging anything with her,why then did she say s and who then is lieing :/
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by tpia5: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
seriously though, i can see nlers acting like that.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
chaircover:

No problem Kulyie . . put action where your mouth is and take her to a lawyer . . I am sure if you contact punch newspaper, they will put you in touch with her.
apparently if she was a nairalander or the op was the woman involved,ill have told her to pm me and ill introduce her to some of my colleagues and superiors who can be of help to her legally and otherwise,moreover,i had already seen the op is not the one with the issue,so i dont understand what you are on about madam punch:/ :/
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Sister Kulyie undecided pele pele oh.. I'm sure mama shewa won't be pleased with your fayagbota gboromideleru action if you know where I'm heading?

Abi what do you want cc to say? Continue to fight Bosun and receive more abusive treatment OR leave ALIVE ( tie her wrapper wella!!) , get a jay hoo bee and take care if those kids??

Eru olorun bami when an extended family arose from Nigeria ( hopped on next flight) and took over their son's property in the US ( state withheld) .. I go lof I go lof without any future plans.... Thats exactly what they deserve when they don't think with their brains( I'm only worried bout those kids cry) ...I retire my comment now. Eesh
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2013
chaircover:

The story is in the punch newspaper. She doesn't need to be a nairalander for you to be able to assist her. You can contact punch and ask them to pass on your message.
ok, what date of punch news paper since they bring news papers to the office,while i check and do the needful
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2013
jidegirl12: Sister Kulyie undecided pele pele oh.. I'm sure mama shewa won't be pleased with your fayagbota gboromideleru action if you know where I'm heading?

Abi what do you want cc to say? Continue to fight Bosun and receive more abusive treatment OR leave ALIVE ( tie her wrapper wella!!) , get a jay hoo bee and take care if those kids??

Eru olorun bami when an extended family arose from Nigeria ( hopped on next flight) and took over their son's property in the US ( state withheld) .. I go lof I go lof without any future plans.... Thats exactly what they deserve when they don't think with their brains( I'm only worried bout those kids cry) ...I retire my comment now. Eesh

errm madam jide,are you trying to discourage me or what,what exactly is your point.afterall you saw the post where 'mrs chaircover' was telling me to match my mouth with action :/

meanwhile as for the little tale you told now,that woman is as dumb as the word IGNORANCE.when people know you dont know your rights,its easy for them to take advantage of you wherever,whether in nigeria or otherwise.how can some people leave their country and go and take over their brothers property in another country when it is not like there are no enforcement agents to bring about order.are you reading your post at all,is there no court where you can sue some pathetic ebina inlaws to and if they want to go spiritual,dont the woman know how to get down on her knees and pray.i didn not say jump from one pastor to the other for deliverance.why do people choose to accept exploitation,what for :/

something very similar to what you said happened to my moms friend.her husband died and the inlaws came telling her they give her 2 weeks to vacate the house and hand over her husbands documents to them that they want to sell the house.afterall the person that brought all of them together is late so she was like where do you expect an elderly woman like me to go at my age,they said didnt she have a place she was staying before getting married,of course she did not take it easy especially when her and the husband made huge sacrifices to build that house.she contacted her lawyer,informed her children,those ones started pressing buttons,got heavily built soildiers who stood at the gate.like 5 men.of course they came back and they got the beaten of their lives.when they took the matter to court,the court and her lawyer defended her well with necessary documents which her children helped her with,the court instructed the ebinas not to go there again,otherwise they will be arrested.a week later,they tarted threatening her that she should not think she has won or gotten away with it.all throughout that period she was fasting,praying and working hard.my family too helped in joining her in prayers.to cut the tale short,she is 70 and still living in that house.that is what i call a strong resilient woman who knows what she has inside of her and does not have a looser or subservient mentality.yes it wasnt easy,but with God,her children,money and effort,she was not rendered homeless.so how can a younger woman be acting like a failure because of threats
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Theres something my mom says often,she says if you loose,you become wiser,if you win,you become better for it and thats my mentality which has made me to always go headlong for whatever i want and i always get it except i dont want that thing so bad
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
@Kulyie, You don't get the point. The deceased nko? That's the main bandit here but he's gone.

@ My story , Of course the deceased assigned his mom as sole beneficiary ( whats there again to fight or you think people just fight for what doesn't belong to them?) .. and ofcourse they gave her( wife, no kid) something which wasn't supposed to be.

oh .. so you think it's a joke when some guys disclose their secrets to mom over their wives??

That's exactly what you get when you entrust everything over to some men and don't ask questions before signing your life away.

And why do you think Bosun and co have the effrontery to challenge her position while their mom just sat back and watch her kids abuse her daughter inlaw like trash??

Look.. I'm not gonna start any argument bout what doesn't concern me.

Go ahead and save the world ojare. Trust me I have a load of crap on my lap I have to deal with myself.

Tick tock ..Talk is cheap and pls give us the 411 wink
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
jidegirl12: @Kulyie, You don't get the point. The deceased nko? That's the main bandit here but he's gone.

@ My story , Of course the deceased assigned his mom as sole beneficiary ( whats there again to fight or you think people just fight for what doesn't belong to them?) .. and ofcourse they gave her( wife, no kid) something which wasn't supposed to be.

oh .. so you think it's a joke when some guys disclose their secrets to mom over their wives??

That's exactly what you get when you entrust everything over to some men and don't ask questions before signing your life away.

And why do you think Bosun and co have the effrontery to challenge her position while their mom just sat back and watch her kids abuse her daughter inlaw like trash??

Look.. I'm not gonna start any argument bout what doesn't concern me.

Go ahead and save the world ojare. Trust me I have a load of crap on my lap I have to deal with myself.

Tick tock ..Talk is cheap and pls give us the 411 wink
please please please,slow down,i am not arguing with you and i certainly will not because this babe has no such time for that.2ndly,i cannot save the world,its not possible,i am not jesus,3rdly we all know TALK IS CHEAP,INFACT CHEAPER THAN PURE WATER,GOD GAVE EVERYONE THAT INCLUDING KIDS 4thly,you did not say the whole issh,you just summarised it,so was i not to believe 'whatever' you type and lastly chaircover decided not to type the date of the punch news paper after ranting and of which i checked all the recent punch papers that were in the office this afternoon,i didnt see any of such so you dont expect me to 'take up a matter i dont know anything on and dont even know the person' and just base any info i have from nl,that is rubbish,abeg am out of here,may God help the person concerened.abo ninu e,isssh.eyan ole wa ki tie maba :/ nice day
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kul Kul funrarae grin grin ... You need to calm down Lady, na wa oh... I'm not fighting you now, I tried to warn you in my first post you fariga, then encouraged you in my second, you got defensive and mad.

Ofcourse I don't expect ANYBODY to believe 'whatever' I wrote up there and definitely will NOT write too much details about other peoples ordeal to prove a point ...eni to kon lomo eesh.

Ti Mrs Agnes ti ba niyen, to ba tun aye wa, she will do the needful before popping kids like a pig in a setting like that.

Eni to ba leti ko fi gboron.... Word is nuff to the wise.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2013
We will always be asking for "National Assembly to make a law" even when we refuse to harness the laws we have.
1. Marry legally in court" Mba": It will mean I want to divorce, "My husband won't agree" "It is not in my culture" "All I want is a church wedding"

2. Write a Will: "I am too young", "If I write a will it means am planning to die" "It is not my portion" "God forbid"

Stories like this we will keep hearing, we choose sentiments as against rationality

3 Likes

Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2013
debrief08: We will always be asking for "National Assembly to make a law" even when we refuse to harness the laws we have.
1. Marry legally in court" Mba": It will mean I want to divorce, "My husband won't agree" "It is not in my culture" "All I want is a church wedding"

2. Write a Will: "I am too young", "If I write a will it means am planning to die" "It is not my portion" "God forbid"

Stories like this we will keep hearing, we choose sentiments as against rationality

Nice one, btw I thought you need the court certificate before the church weds u?

Me I no do church o, I go do church when we don dey old, so the Holy Spirit go fresh for our body
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2013
Chillisauce:

Nice one, btw I thought you need the court certificate before the church weds u?

Me I no do church o, I go do church when we don dey old, so the Holy Spirit go fresh for our body

In credible churches yes, even the old churches now insist as they have been burt so many times on issues of marrying a second wife who now becomes the legal wife.
Mushroom churches and churches where pastor need absolute control don't even allow or encourage it.

Again women need to stop loving playing the victim "I am suffering, people pity me", You have to learn to protect yourself and make wise decisions.
NO ONE can Love you or be there for you more than you can be there for yourself.
After the pity party what next? Sometimes I sound heartless, I am not I just hate being helpless, no matter where you find yourself please plan a way forward and not depend on anyones pity.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2013
For heavens sake, work, sell something do something.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2013
The Law cannot protect you when you tie the hands of the Law.
Nigerians are good are tying the hands of the law. They give credit give money without a single document as back up, when kasala burst they start abusing the legal system.
The saddest thing I have seen in my life was the case of a 70 year old man who gave his brother his gratuity to invest in a business and the dividends will be shared.
The brother denied ever receiving a kobo, I can see the Pain on the face of the Judge before annoucing Judgement "Mr. So please is there ANY document, witness or even bank transaction I can have as evidence"
The man took a deep breath and had a heart attack there and then in court.
Everyone knew the truth but there was nothing to back it up, the man didn't even tell his wife, didn't bring anyone to witness, hid a business deal taking his life savings from everyone because he trusted his brother.
Trust is good but have a back up. It helps
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by damiso(f): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2013
debrief08: The Law cannot protect you when you tie the hands of the Law.
Nigerians are good are tying the hands of the law. They give credit give money without a single document as back up, when kasala burst they start abusing the legal system.
The saddest thing I have seen in my life was the case of a 70 year old man who gave his brother his gratuity to invest in a business and the dividends will be shared.
The brother denied ever receiving a kobo, I can see the Pain on the face of the Judge before annoucing Judgement "Mr. So please is there ANY document, witness or even bank transaction I can have as evidence"
The man took a deep breath and had a heart attack there and then in court.
Everyone knew the truth but there was nothing to back it up, the man didn't even tell his wife, didn't bring anyone to witness, hid a business deal taking his life savings from everyone because he trusted his brother.
Trust is good but have a back up. It helps

Sad but true.Money is a very strong spirit and people even brothers from the same womb do the most atrocious things for it.My nature is to be very trusting and giving people the benefit of the doubt but am learning (esp in business) you have to logical and leave emotions aside.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Death is the only certain thing in life so why do we refuse to plan for it.
You have kids it never crosses your mind as a couple to strategise on what will happen to your kidd if one or both of you die?
Because of superstition we die and leave our kids alone in a jungle. I don't get it, what do you have to loose by planning?
If you don't die and you watch them grow praise God if you die they are covered so why is it so hard?
Hubby and I have planned on who gets the kids in case we die, how their fees will be paid etc.and people think we are insane
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
debrief08: For heavens sake, work, sell something do something.
Madam,easy,easy!
I've been laughing since I read ur first post. This is always a reaction of somebody who cares deeply. Make they no give u HBP abeg o!
Its very sad I must say. We can excuse d unexposed an illiterates amomg us,what about the educated ladies that fall victim of this everytime? Who will they blame?
Its really sad.
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Madam,easy,easy!
I've been laughing since I read ur first post. This is always a reaction of somebody who cares deeply. Make they no give u HBP abeg o!
Its very sad I must say. We can excuse d unexposed an illiterates amomg us,what about the educated ladies that fall victim of this everytime? Who will they blame?
Its really sad.

Lol @ HBP, my dear I get frustrated jor, we can complain and lament endlessly but take simple action steps na there story go enter
Re: Widow, In-laws At War Over Husband's Entitlements by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nice one, but like you put it, some might think you are after their lives, you don't trust me? But it's left for us to bring the fact to the table. No one prays for bad thing but if it happens can we survive?

Even career women that stopped work to take care of family, make sure you know all about your husbands investment. Help out if your can.

Get a life insurance if obtainable, open a trust fund for your kids. And don't touch the money in there. Etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / When Your Parents Have A Bad Marriage / Beauty Of Married Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.