Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L (1947 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / Mother Admits She Killed Her Three Disabled Children / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by akinemma1: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2013
A woman whose father went to prison when she told police he raped her as anine-year-old has said she made up the story to avoid being beaten by her mother.
Chaneya Kelly, 24, of Newburgh in upstate New York, is pleading for her father's release nearly 16 years after she accused him of molesting her in 1997.
Ms Kelly, who says her mother – then addicted to drugs and alcohol – forcedher to make the claim, has said: 'I'm 24-years-old and I made this mistake when I was nine-years-old – but it's never too late to try and right your wrong.'
Her father Daryl Kelly, a Navy veteran who ran an electronics repair shop in Newburgh, was sentenced to 20 to 40 years in prison and barred from any contact with his children after being convicted by a jury of multiple counts of rape and serious sexual assault.
Kelly, who has always maintained his innocence, had never been convicted of a felony before.
'All I think is, one day the truth will set me free. All I have to do is hold on,' Kelly told NBC News from the Green Haven Correctional Facility.
In October 1997, while Kelly was living with his wife Charade and their five children in Newburgh, he says he was attempting to rid himself of a drug habit in order to take better care of his family.
But he said his wife's own drug habit had spiralled to the point where she turned to prostitution in order to feed her addiction.
Chaneya, the Kellys' eldest child, says that one morning before school her mother asked her whether her father had ever 'touched' her.
'I was like, “What do you mean, did hetouch me?” And she was like, “Did he touch you in your no-no spot?” And I would repeatedly say no,' the now 24-year-old said.
According to Ms Kelly her mother threatened to beat her if she did not 'tell me the answer that I want to hear'.
She said she told her mother her fatherhad molested her to avoid being beaten, even though it wasn't true.
Kelly was taken in for questioning on October 29 1997. There was no definitive forensic evidence to prove Chaneya had been raped, but the little girl and her mother's story – together with some suspect answers Kelly provided during questioning – were enough for officers to charge the father of five.
He refused a plea deal that would have made him eligible for parole in six years, and within a year was sentenced to up to 40 years following a trial by jury.
His daughter was sent to live with her grandmother, a Pentecostal minister, and six months later Chaneya told her grandmother her father had never raped her.
Pat Thomas took her granddaughter toKelly's attorney who videotaped the child's recantation.
Her mother, Charade, also submitted a sworn affadavit to the court which saidshe threatened to beat her daughter until she said her father raped her.
A judge refused to vacate Kelly's conviction, deciding the recantation appeared forced.
Kelly, who remains in jail to this day, began studying law and has filed multiple appeals.
His daughter visited him in prison when she persuaded the courts to allow her to have contact with him at the age of 15. Source: www.allcrazynews..com
Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by tintingz(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2013
Na waa o...the girl mother is a wicked woman!
Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by Tinkybabe(f): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2013
Na wa o..after 16 years! !
But wait, could it be that the girl feels her father has suffered enough and wants him released. .hence lied about lying..
People and their complicated lives!
Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2013
Tinkybabe: Na wa o..after 16 years! !
But wait, could it be that the girl feels her father has suffered enough and want him released. .hence lied about lying..
People and their complicated life!

Exactly, my thought..
Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by akinemma1: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2013
duffie:

Exactly, my thought..
the girl may actually be saying the truth that she lied against her father.If you go through the story again,the girl actually admitted she lied six months after her dad was sentenced to prison but when the case was taken to court again,the trial judge claimed that the girl's recantation appears to be forced and not voluntarily.Also the girl visited her dad in the prison at the age of 15.If truly she was raped by her dad,she would not have persuaded the court to allow her visit her dad in prison.

1 Like

Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by tintingz(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2013
Op report
According to Ms Kelly her mother threatened to beat her if she did not 'tell me the answer that I want to hear'. She said she told her mother her fatherhad molested her to avoid being beaten, even though it wasn't true. Kelly was taken in for questioning on October 29 1997. There was no definitive forensic evidence to prove Chaneya had been Molested, but the little girl and her mother's story – together with some suspect answers Kelly provided during questioning – were enough for officers to charge the father of five.
They all teamed up to fabricate stories that he molested the girl without no evidence undecided

This is wickedness seriously, sentence the father to jail for 20 - 40 years?? Na waa o undecided
Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by Drone007: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
tintingz: Op report
They all teamed up to fabricate stories that he molested the girl without no evidence undecided

This is wickedness seriously, sentence the father to jail for 20 - 40 years?? Na waa o undecided

Women do all these to men these days and still call men monsters. More like men are now endangered species!

1 Like

Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Drone007:

Women do all these to men these days and still call men monsters. More like men are now endangered species!

Maybe the women are learning from the men grin

@OP,

The wife should take over from the husband (24yrs to go)

The daughter should pay part too because at 18(For argument's sake), she should know right from wrong and speak up then. She waited about 6yrs after...

The heart of man(woman) is desperately wicked

16 wasted years angry embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Daughter Who Sent Her Own Father To Prison For 40 Years For Rape,admits She L by 5minsmadness: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Gross wickedness angry angry
And the poor fella can never gain his wasted years back cry

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Recover The Money In The Account Of My Late Sister / Why Are Guys Not Getting Married? / Ever Been The Villain In Your Life Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.