Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

The Lives You Touch - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lives You Touch - Winning Each Day Devotional (422 Views)

Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lives You Touch - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

August 22, 2013

THE LIVES YOU TOUCH

MEMORY VERSE: Isa 39:8 So Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the Lord which you have spoken is good!” For he said, “At least there will be peace and truth in my days.”

Many are struggling today with the consequences of the decisions made by their forebears. We must all be careful as the decisions we make today will affect the people around us. The truth is that whether or not we like it, our lives are intertwined with the lives of others and our decisions affect them. It is time to stop thinking only of ourselves and to start thinking of other people.

Daniel had done nothing wrong but he ended up in captivity as a result of Hezekiah's selfishness. Hezekiah had sinned against God but was only too happy to allow others suffer for what he had done.

Daniel was not aware that the lives of all the Jews exiled in Babylon hung on the decision he would make in Daniel 1:8. Had he decided to be selfish, satisfying the desires of his flesh and thinking that his life was his to live as he desired, all exiled Jews would have suffered for it. Daniel's decision not to defile himself culminated in Dan 2:46- Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, prostrate before Daniel, and commanded that they should present an offering and incense to him.

There are unbelievers around you who are waiting for you to manifest the life of God in order to believe and be saved. How can they be saved when you, who should be the light, delight in darkness? You cut corners with them and do the things they do.

How many have been saved by the decisions you have made? How many will yet be saved?

CONFESSION: I am manifesting the life of God in me.

PRAYER: Help me live a life pleasing to You, a life that will be a reference point for good to everyone around me.

FURTHER READING: Isa 38, 39

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Limit To What Our Limitless God Will Do In Response To A Limitless F / How To Build A Winning Workforce / Is The Power Of God Limited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.