Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. (1909 Views)

Think Well My Guys / Photos From Rehearsals For The Inauguration Ceremony On Friday / To The Buharist.... Think Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by kunlekunle: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
nnenna.1:

What is the lie?

That Igbos don't comprise a notable number of land owners?

That Europeans didn't forcefully colonize Nigeria?

why was lagos called lagos colony?
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by bloggernaija: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
jomonic:

I find the blackmail undertone that come with most comments in this forum very appalling. It is very clear that many Yoruba are angry with the teeming presence of the Igbo in their land especially Lagos. And the number is growing giving rise to the mortal fear that one day an Igbo governor of Lagos state might emerge. This mammoth presence of Igbos did not start with Fashola’s Government but has been a constant since the end of the civil war. This was brought about by a deliberate policy to delay the growth of infrastructure in the South East, delay development and make it difficult for an average Igbo to survive. But this has not worked out exactly as has been planned. What we are witnessing today in Lagos is knock-on effect of a wicked federal policy to punish the Igbo people. If inland waterways were developed and inland ports were made available and international airport status granted on the basis of business need things would have worked out a lot better. My people let us understand this and try no matter how difficult to wean our minds of bigotry, hate, and wrong self-assessment. Nigeria must become an egalitarian society!!!!

What are you saying ?
As if any other place was developed by the so called leaders ,yours included.
Lagos is a very bad example because the place was actually destroyed not developed.
Lagos stopped working in 1970.
In fact , nigeria stopped working.
Many of the ex ministers were Igbo .
Most of the current ministers are Igbo .
Talking about the presidency,
Nobody is going to hand it to you on a platter .
Most people are not going to VOTE the presidency to any of the non performing governors from the east.
GEJ has assured so.
Whatever happened in ilorin used to happen everyday of the week.
Yes I have seen it before .
I do not think it has everything to do with recent events.
But like the poster said ,the Igbos have everything to lose.
Imagine the iya oloja thing ,Achebe thing ,Soyinka ,hypocritical attack on fashola/tinubu and the consistent attack on the odua nation.
The shameful thing is that virtually all the Igbo leaders have not lost total control of common sense .
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Omexonomy: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: I don't want to talk because if i do ehn.......Anyways, I thank God i can see ahead the consequences of various actions and how it will play out.
what action.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Omexonomy: Tell them to stop selling their land to omo igbo.
Make omo Igbo continue to Buy land with his hard earned money now ...... The land still belong to Ilorites and on the day of reckoning .... Kogi state is the gateway to the east tongue grin
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by ba7man(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Omexonomy: what action.
No comment.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
I wonder why it is still easy for the rich and powerful to set the poor against the poor. You will be deceiving yourself if you think that Fani-Kayode and Uzor Kalu are enemies. Both men will still do business together and visit with each other. And to the Yoruba, does Fani Kayode represent the mainstream Yoruba opinion? Would you vote for him in a competitive election to represent your interest? Ditto the Igbo. Uzor Kalu muscled his way into Abia State government house to enhance his own profile and business. Does he care about the deported Igbo? Ask the combative Igbo leaders whether they have visited or tried to resettle the deported Igbo ‘destitute’. My friends, it is the rich using the poor as political pawns. I’m not deceived. I’m Igbo. I don’t have Yoruba enemies. If any Yoruba thinks that I’m his/her enemy because of what Uzor Kalu said, good luck to him.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by lman0417: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
FINALLY EXPOSED!!! This would have remained a secret but thanks to some good guys who who made it public for the benefit of the people. The user reluctantly gave out the info and for a very short time. The ultimate secret of how to make as low as #3,000 online per day doing legal stuffs. Yeah! Is that enough for you as a youth? Think about the amount you spend on recharge cards and snacks and drinks everyday. What if you invested a little out of it? An investment that'll continue to serve you forever. The decision is up to you. Whether to ignore this or act on it immediately. Your destiny is in your hands. Its a referal network system. Its simple. With an investment of just #500 (what a meagre amount) isn't it worth the risk? whereas there are no risks whatsoever in it and that's why it's been kept a secret for over 18 months. Without much stress, let's get started. Follow instructions strictly in order to get a positive result. With these 4 easy steps, you can set up your own system.
1. Register for free now at http:///?r=lababs (use lababs as referral username)
2. Get approved
3. Refer people using your unique referal link that'll be given to you once you're approved.
4. Earn #300 per approved person you refer. That's all you've to do. Easy right? Now let's do the calculation. You refer 10people and they all get approved that's is #300 x 10 = #3,000. What if you refer more? Get started now. Visit http:///?r=lababs you've a very short time. You won't find any other referal network system in nigeria that genuine and cheap so act now.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by sheyguy: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mr. OP, take a look at my signature. You guys are just arriving where i have been in for ages.
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by kepsi123(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dear LORD. My first prayer is still outstanding so am resending. I hope there is nnetwork where you are. Please create a space in either Atlantic or Indian ocean, just big enough for us to dump all igbos and Yoruba in Nigeria. We need to move forward and they are dragging us back. Those of mixed parentage that did not grow up in either Igboland or yorubaland, you can use your discretion to save them. Just make sure they a re tagged for easy recognition
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by 0monnak0da: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
There is no need to raise false alarm. We love Ibos very much and are very happy to share our land with them.They are all welcome!In fact we invite as many Ibos as possible because they are wonderful people
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by tmotmo: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Omexonomy: Why bringing the presidency into the issue. Yaruba peeps hate the president so much that they love to insult him at any given opportunity. When wole soyinka aka M .O. P, mummucious lagbaja, tinunbu ur asiwaju of yaruba land, fani kayode were busy insulting the president none of you call them to oder. When fashola was busy deporting people from lagos nobody was saying anything.
https://www.nairaland.com/1406759/no-harm-should-come-fani-kayode
they even went futher to threaten the igbo people for dare to respond to ffk insult
and now the lagos state gov is about to impose another form of tax on them after paying more than 8 different taxes just to frustrate them out of lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/1406959/lagos-labels-spare-parts-dealers-security#17592915.

Bros, I will like to remind you that even fragile peace is better than mild war.
2ndly, the proposed tax by the state do not read " for non- yoruba or non-lagosian", please let us reason before talk.

When we have a leader who thinks he can score political game by been unguarded, we should collectively stand by the truth. Who complain when Akwa Ibom throws out non-indigene miscreant? When Abia sacked non-indigene who were able and family-feeding workers? When Fashola had done the same to other tribes including fellow yorubas of Ogun and Osun in the past?
Why making it an issue now? Because anambra Governorship election is coming? What happen and why no one is looking into the claim that Gov. Obi was contacted to jointly handle the situation before turning it to political chess game?

Fani-Kayode, funding-looking NGOs, leaders from both sides of divide and alot of other stakeholders should clamour for peace and not war and division between Nigerian.

Please my view might not be perfect, but lets live in peace!!!!!
Re: In Life's Drama, No Rehearsals.. Ndigbo Think Well Before You Act. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
jomonic:

I find the blackmail undertone that come with most comments in this forum very appalling. It is very clear that many Yoruba are angry with the teeming presence of the Igbo in their land especially Lagos. And the number is growing giving rise to the mortal fear that one day an Igbo governor of Lagos state might emerge. This mammoth presence of Igbos did not start with Fashola’s Government but has been a constant since the end of the civil war. This was brought about by a deliberate policy to delay the growth of infrastructure in the South East, delay development and make it difficult for an average Igbo to survive. But this has not worked out exactly as has been planned. What we are witnessing today in Lagos is knock-on effect of a wicked federal policy to punish the Igbo people. If inland waterways were developed and inland ports were made available and international airport status granted on the basis of business need things would have worked out a lot better. My people let us understand this and try no matter how difficult to wean our minds of bigotry, hate, and wrong self-assessment. Nigeria must become an egalitarian society!!!!

Your argument does not hold water, which region wasn't neglected? is it Lagos that was developed by the federal govt?
You have to put ur house in order by yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At Last, Jonatahn Muster Some Courage, Replies Obasanjo / Bokoo Haram Is The Military Wing Of APC / A Thread For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.