Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! (662 Views)

2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / I Dream Of The Rapture / Who Was Abraham's Father? Azar (Quran) Or Terah (Bible)? Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by denisbid: 8:06pm On Mar 28
paxonel:

OK, how about this? grin grin

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Do you have any scripture that says otherwise or any scripture indicating that God is somewhere beyond the clouds order than our body?
You will never see any such scripture.

And i keep wonder, if you are raptured to the clouds, you will end up meeting dead bodies like jupiter, Saturn, Uranius and Neptune, not God cheesy
So, what's your point?
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by paxonel(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28
denisbid:

So, what's your point?
Heaven is right in our body, that's where God resides.

If this truth is not steaked somewhere into our head and we keep looking for God elsewhere, then we will continue to be confused by religion.
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by CaptainJune: 8:10pm On Mar 28
paxonel:

OK, how about this? grin grin

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Do you have any scripture that says otherwise or any scripture indicating that God is somewhere beyond the clouds order than our body?
You will never see any such scripture.

And i keep wonder, if you are raptured to the clouds, you will end up meeting dead bodies like jupiter, Saturn, Uranius and Neptune, not God cheesy

You reason ethereal and other-wordly dimensions using the physical laws your mind has known through dwelling in a physical dimension. How does that work?

For example, Stephen, when he was being stoned to death, looked up and saw Christ sitting at the right hand of the Father. Did Stephen have to see the globe, the planets, the stars before he saw Jesus?

Apostle John described seeing God seated on a throne and the four living creatures worshiping Him. When he was taken into heaven to see this vision did he have to pass the planets, the solar system before getting to heaven?
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by paxonel(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28
CaptainJune:

You reason ethereal and other-wordly dimensions using the physical laws your mind has known through dwelling in a physical dimension. How does that work?

For example, Stephen, when he was being stoned to death, looked up and saw Christ sitting at the right hand of the Father. Did Stephen have to see the globe, the planets, the stars before he saw Jesus?

Here is another one grin

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth

Your question is like asking, did Isaiah saw the four corners of the earth before mentioning it?

Does the earth have four corners?
Is Jesus and God in the clouds?.

You must understand that certain descriptions used in the bible was meant for people in that era to understand, not for people of today anymore.

Because, people of today, we know better now grin

Apostle John described seeing God seated on a throne and the four living creatures worshiping Him. When he was taken into heaven to see this vision did he have to pass the planets, the solar system before getting to heaven?
John was never taken to heaven, read the bible again.

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

On the Lord's day
This means, it was as of he died and later came back to life.

Remember, i have been saying on this thread that our death marks the day of judgement, which is the day of the Lord.

He says behold i come quickly.
It is appointed once for men to die...
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by denisbid: 8:48pm On Mar 28
paxonel:

You must understand that certain descriptions used in the bible was meant for people in that era to understand, not for people of today anymore.
for the case of Stephen, his description of what he saw did not tally with reality, that was why they stoned him angrily

On the Lord's day

Remember, i have been saying on this thread that our death marks the day of judgement, which is the day of the Lord.

Hmm!

You have a way of adding these things up.
But certainly these are your assumptions grin
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by CaptainJune: 9:28pm On Mar 28
paxonel:

Here is another one grin

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth

Your question is like asking, did Isaiah saw the four corners of the earth before mentioning it?

Does the earth have four corners?
Is Jesus and God in the clouds?.

Because, people of today, we know better now grin
John was never taken to heaven, read the bible again.

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

On the Lord's day

Please remind me what the North, East, West and South cardinal directions of the earth means as the four corners of the earth?

The same Isaiah in Isaiah 40:22 knew the earth was circle in shape thousands of years before the flat earth debate and space exploration.

If John was not taken to heaven then where ws he taken that he saw Jesus, the Father, the 24 elders, innumerable angels, the saints, the martyred under the altar?
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by paxonel(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28
denisbid:
for the case of Stephen, his description of what he saw did not tally with reality, that was why they stoned him angrily

Exactly!

I will say, it's either he saw a vision in the clouds at that point, that means he did not see real pictures of Jesus at the right side of God.
Or they were mere imaginations or beliefs of his heart that was transmitted to his eyes.

Whatever he saw can be interpreted rightly that Jesus is approved of God, simple.

Hmm!

You have a way of adding these things up.
But certainly these are your assumptions grin
And you will agree with me that these assumptions of mine, if carefully followed scripturally, you will see the correlation
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by CaptainJune: 9:43pm On Mar 28
denisbid:

The bolded is open to multiple interpretation. What exactly do you mean?
Re: The Rapture: Determining Which Position Is Right!! by paxonel(m): 9:51pm On Mar 28
CaptainJune:

Please remind me what the North, East, West and South cardinal directions of the earth means as the four corners of the earth?
the cardinal points are not just only four, so he could not possibly refer to the cardinal points.

Look at the chart below.
That was how people used to understand the earth in ancient times

The same Isaiah in Isaiah 40:22 knew the earth was circle in shape thousands of years before the flat earth debate and space exploration.
the chart is even showing a circle inbetween the four corners.
So?

If John was not taken to heaven then where ws he taken that he saw Jesus, the Father, the 24 elders, innumerable angels, the saints, the martyred under the altar?
you know, you people believe in rapture?
I'm saying that John could not possibly be raptured.
He actually saw the vision of heaven here on earth

(1) (2) (Reply)

#Has Religion Helped Nigeria ?????????? / To All Deeperlifers / Most TRINITARIANS End-up Becoming Atheist,a Reward Or A Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.