Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children (7664 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Parents With Young Children And Phones / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by LauraB1: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2008
Is it wise for Parents to Bath with their young children

Please what is your notion about a mother bathing with her child, where the child is allowed to see his/her mum or even his/her Daddy’s naked body?

How do you react to such, do you welcome it? You sincere opinion is welcomed
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by amberella: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2008
It is healthy for children to see their parents' bodies. No reason to treat our bodies as shameful or dirty.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by RThESlyR: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2008
amber_ella:

It is healthy for children to see their parents' bodies. No reason to treat our bodies as shameful or dirty.
Healthy??
Tell me. . .of what use would it be for a child to be staring at his/her parent when they are taking their bath??

Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by amberella: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2008
It is educational for children to know what the human body looks like. These things should be discussed with children. "Look, you have a penis and mama doesn't. That's because mama is a girl and you are a boy." Simple, yet very important.

Of course, it should be age appropriate.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
Guess it all depends on the child's age.Yes u can.But,once they start askin funny questions or starin too long at "u know where". . . pulez stop.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by RThESlyR: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
amber_ella:

It is educational for children to know what the human body looks like. These things should be discussed with children. "Look, you have a privates and mama doesn't. That's because mama is a girl and you are a boy." Simple, yet very important.

Of course, it should be age appropriate.
No. . No. . . NO. . .no!!!!!!
You can do that with a simple book. . . .
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by onyinye2(f): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2008
yeah and scar that child for life
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by amberella: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2008
It depends on the age. Children start remembering things around 4 or 5 years old. So I would cover up by then. Bathing with a 2 or 3 year old child won't scar them.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2008
amber_ella:

It is educational for children to know what the human body looks like. These things should be discussed with children. "Look, you have a privates and mama doesn't. That's because mama is a girl and you are a boy." Simple, yet very important.

He*l no!!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by LauraB1: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2008
I suppose teaching a child about the parts of the body is quite different from having your bath together with the child. Or always have to change your cloth in his/her presence.
And even in teaching a small child about the parts of the body, must you remove your cloth and stand nude before the child and be pointing this is this , And you should know that you body is not same with a child's own, at this stage.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by ifyalways(f): 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2008
@Topic,it isnt advisable abeg.our mothers didnt teach us by bathing naked with us.if u waant to teach a child abt his/her body use the childs body and not yours.since when did an adults body structure and function become same as a childs own
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Ndipe(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
Nope!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by RThESlyR: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2008
Ziggy_mama:

He*l no!!
Stop being a hypocrite. . .You supported it initially and now you are saying hell no!
Not only hell no!

amber_ella:

It depends on the age. Children start remembering things around 4 or 5 years old. So I would cover up by then. Bathing with a 2 or 3 year old child won't scar them.
Madam it is so gross to be bathing with ur kids.
African culture at its finest!!!!!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 10, 2008
Eff no. . .no no no no no!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! angry

ok, maybe when I was 2 -5. . but 5.01 years old? hell no!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by LauraB1: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2008
As long as a child is above a year old, things the child sees is of great impact to the life of the child. And if a child at that early stage grows with such, it has a deep impact on the child socially and morally.

Don't under estimate these children, cos they are sharp and learns quickly at that stage, funny enough learn bad things easier. So Parents be warned and also make sure your house help is not doing same in your absence. Is simply not good, not healthy to bath with a Child

Example, a child that is used to seeing older people's naked body, when do you stop him/her at what age ( the ealier the better)
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

Stop being a hypocrite. . .You supported it initially and now you are saying hell no!
Not only hell no!

Obviously u do not understand. sad . . .but cheers anyway.Am out!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Godalone(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2008
Laura B:

As long as a child is above a year old, things the child sees is of great impact to the life of the child. And if a child at that early stage grows with such, it has a deep impact on the child socially and morally.

Don't under estimate these children, because they are sharp and learns quickly at that stage, funny enough learn bad things easier. So Parents be warned and also make sure your house help is not doing same in your absence. Is simply not good, not healthy to bath with a Child

Example, a child that is used to seeing older people's naked body, when do you stop him/her at what age ( the ealier the better)
I agree with you,you have made good points.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by amberella: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2008
What is so shameful and secretive about our bodies? A child doesn't know that they are sexual or dirty unless you tell them that, or imply it.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by yemivictor: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
Atimes, the way we contribute to topics amazes me!

Shouldn't the first question be what the age of the child in question is!? angry

This is an age sensitive topic, yet people just jump in & post for the sake of posting . . . like illiterates!! embarassed

I'm embarrassed for you all!!! embarassed
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by fellybabe(f): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
i had misunderstanding with my sister just now on this matter. Any times, she comes around, she always like to take her bath with her daughter and which i don't like and i won't tolerate that
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by fellybabe(f): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
THIS IS an eleven years old girl

what kind of love is that
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by yemivictor: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2008
fellybabe:

THIS IS an eleven years old girl

what kind of love is that

Parental love! grin . . . . .
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Outstrip(f): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
That is sick that she is bathing with her 11 year old daughter. I would worry that that child is being molested. Why should she make a point of bathing with the girl. Poor child.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by fellybabe(f): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2008
i wonder, i was so so mad at her, i told her am not confortable with that and if she can't stop it, she can take her daughter back with her to abuja.

that is not love, she is only spoiling her.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by MyTempID: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2008
Laura B:

Don't under estimate these children, because they are sharp and learns quickly at that stage, funny enough learn bad things easier. So Parents be warned and also make sure your house help is not doing same in your absence. Is simply not good, not healthy to bath with a Child

Age is of great importance in this context and so is the environment. Your implication touches on perversion and not all parents clean their children with the intent to molest them. Most parents do not do this. It is the responsibility of the parent to take care of the child's personal hygeine until he or she is able to do so, self-dependently. For convenience, many parents choose to take baths with their children when they take their own baths. As long as you don't engage in some improper practices with your child while you bath, a lot of times the child will not suddenly develop a fixation for perversion.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Ajebota(f): 1:02am On Jun 14, 2008
@ topic, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

pls dont. Very young children retain stuff in their memory. i am sure i have memories from the age of 1, i kid you not!
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by MyTempID: 2:47am On Jun 15, 2008
Ajebota:

@ topic, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

please don't. Very young children retain stuff in their memory. i am sure i have memories from the age of 1, i kid you not!
You haven't exactly turned out bad now, have you?
It's all relative.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by Ajebota(f): 12:06am On Jun 23, 2008
MyTempID:

You haven't exactly turned out bad now, have you?
It's all relative.

cos i neva bathed with my parents,
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by dudu19(m): 12:09am On Jun 23, 2008
@laura B

Can i ask a question, u dey bath with ur folks abi dem wan bath with u?
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by LadyT(f): 12:12am On Jun 23, 2008
Always seen my mother naked.  Still do.

Me and my brothers shared a room for years before we hit teens and were separated.  unclothedness was not a big deal in my house.

And Im not scarred.
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by dudu19(m): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2008
@ladyT well maybe its a ladys thing, but its not my kind of thing, I will run if i see my papa balls
Re: Is It Wise For Parents To Bath With Their Young Children by MethodMan3(m): 12:20am On Jun 23, 2008
Well it may be wise for some parents to flash wrinkled wedges and floppy bananas in the eyes of their children
BUT
My own parents never did and i would never do the same with my own family too!

I had nightmares for years when i bursted into the room at my friend's to find her dad pounding her mum away like a locomotive engine!! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men How Do You Feel When You Hear "it's A Girl"? / Would You Love To Have Twins In Your 1st Pregnancy / Woman Mouth Lashed For Kneeling To Appreciate Her Husband Publicly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.