Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun (17837 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

How about taking that recommendations to Thief T A Orji? grin grin

Charity should begin at home. Miu he he.
Dude, i don't live in Abia. My home is Lagos while my Ancestral home is Enugu and both states are not doing badly. Are you from Abia? Why your obsession with Orji?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

OK I get it, you now have access to my brain or what?

Progressives think alike.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking taxis...But i'll advice these governors to also consider something similar to BRT in their states cos not all citizens can afford to hire a taxi.

Are you just 'slow' or do you get some perverse gratification from being exposed daily as a highly ignorant individual who knows very little yet never keeps his ignorant mouth shut? These taxis are part of a comprehensive BRT scheme launched in 2012. Why people like you cannot keep your comment to your limited field of knowledge I don't know. Ogun already has a BRT scheme launched with 77 new buses. You really should address your penchant for speaking ignorantly simply because you want to be undermining and sly.

http://economicconfidential.net/new/news/state-news/1083-ogun-boosts-mass-transit-services-with-new-buses

Ogun Boosts Mass Transit Services with new Buses
SEPTEMBER 2012 ECONOMIC CONFIDENTIAL E-mail Print PDF

Ogun State Governor, IbikunleAmosun recently unveiled 77 new buses as part of measures to ease inter and intra city transportation in the state.
At the occasion, Amosunattributed the high incidence of road carnage in the state to the poor state of federal roads.

The Governor, who spoke at the launch of the Ogun State Bus Mass Transit Scheme (BMTS), at the Memorial Arcade, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, described the state of federal roads in Ogun State as “worrisome” and called on the Federal Ministry of Works to speedily fix the roads.
Addressing the gathering that comprised market women, artisans and transporters, Amosun said: “Let me seize this opportunity to express concern on an issue that affects public transportation system, particularly in our state.
“This concerns the state of the federal roads in the state. It saddens me to say that out of the 465,000 deaths and 18,095 injuries recorded in 5,330 road accidents in Nigeria in 2010, 649 of such deaths, 1,333 injuries and 1,980 accidents occurred in Ogun State alone. This translates to 16 per cent of fatalities, eight per cent of injuries and 37 per cent of road accidents.

“Of course, this is due to the fact that the longest sections of the two busiest highways in Nigeria, the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, that links the busiest air and sea ports of Nigeria in Lagos, with the rest of Nigeria, and the Sagamu-Ore-Benin Expressway that links the western and eastern parts of Nigeria- traverse the length of our state.

“The state of disrepair of these roads and the other federal roads in Ogun State are worrisome. I, therefore, plead with the Federal Government, and most especially, the Federal Ministry of Works to pay attention to these roads as a matter of urgency. This is the only way this mass transit project could be sustainable.”

Amosun explained that the procurement of the buses was to ease transportation pains of the people, pointing out: “Almost immediately after these procurement, the state government entered into diligent negotiation and discussion with transportation experts with the aim of acquiring more high capacity buses to augment the apparent shortfall in the number of buses available for intra-city travel in our state.”

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you just 'slow' or do you get some perverse gratification from being exposed daily as a highly ignorant individual who knows very little yet never keeps his ignorant mouth shut? These taxis are part of a comprehensive BRT scheme launched in 2012. Why people like you cannot keep your comment to your limited field of knowledge I don't know. Ogun already has a BRT scheme launched with 77 new buses. You really should address your penchant for speaking ignorantly simply because you want to be undermining and sly.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/motoring/59135-amosun%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98symbolic%E2%80%99-mass-transit-scheme.html

Instead of steaming and ranting endlessly, it would have been easy for you to just tell me that Ogun already has a BRT scheme. I don't know what's it with some of you and being defensive all the time. Is anyone chasing you?

10 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/motoring/59135-amosun%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98symbolic%E2%80%99-mass-transit-scheme.html

You should be charged for murdering a moderator. You just killed a defenseless Afam.

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by PaulJohn1: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking taxis... But i'll advice these governors to also consider something similar to BRT in their states cos not all citizens can afford to hire a taxi.

It will be good if they can do.
Oyo state also have theirs.
http://www.pacesettertransport.com/

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Instead of steaming and ranting endlessly, it would have been easy for you to just tell me that Ogun already has a BRT scheme. I don't know what's it with some of you and being defensive all the time. Is anyone chasing you?

Stop the pretence. You are not fooling anyone. Would it be too much, when it comes to certain administrators, if do not open your mouth to make the worst assumption possible if you are unsure of something? If you do not know Ogun has BRT, why assume it does not and then speak as if you are sure of your utterance when you only peddle ignorance? You have done this too many times and I do not need to be Sigmund Freud to know those who always snipe negatively and ignorantly all the time, about the same people, simply have have an 'agenda'.

8 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Rhino5dm: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Dude, i don't live in Abia. My home is Lagos while my Ancestral home is Enugu and both states are not doing badly. Are you from Abia?Why your obsession with Orji?

I'm not obsessed with him, rather I hate him. Go to Ariyariya market and come back, if you won't feel the same.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

My dear, it is no longer a dream OOOOO. At least not in Ogun State cool cool cool What is that thing you say again? I remember now. Sai APC !!!
Yes o!
Sai APC! cool
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by FreeGlobe(f): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
With the propaganda tendencies of our SW people and Chief Liar Gbawe, you would think Amosun is the first to do this, even a thief like Peter Obi has better taxis not to talk of Chime, Akpabio, Amaechi etc

muhehehehehehe
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by cashkid18(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ooops!!another misplaced priority...hw many of those pple livin in ogun cn afford to board a cab grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
payless:

You should be charged for murdering a moderator. You just killed a defenseless Afam.

The guy is annoying he always wades in with senselessly ignorant and routinely negative things that are often led by his agenda to discredit others to the extent ignorant thoughts overcome common sense and the need to be circumspect in utterance. If you are not up to speed with what is going on in the States of others, perhaps because you are not a stakeholder, why not hold off before assuming the worst about those States? Is that something any adult needs to be told? Watch. He will do similar tomorrow or even today.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I'm not obsessed with him, rather I hate him. Go to Ariyariya market and come back, if you won't feel the same.
I hate him too but i don't obsses about him. I can't wait for him to scram.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

http://economicconfidential.net/new/news/state-news/1083-ogun-boosts-mass-transit-services-with-new-buses

LMAO! BROS ABEG TAKE AM EASY ON HIM! IGNORANCE IS REALLY A DISEASE!! grin
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

Stop the pretence. You are not fooling anyone. Wuuld it be too much, when it comes to certain administrators, if do not open your mouth to make the worst assumption possible if you are unsure of something? If you do not know Ogun has BRT, why assume it does not and then speak as if you are sure of your utterance when you only peddle ignorance? You have done this too many times and I do not need to be Sigmund Freud to know those who always snipe negatively and ignorantly all the time, about the same people, simply have have an 'agenda'.
I don't know why you guys shutdown people who give humble opinion. Are you guys soo allergic to criticisms. I'm lucky i don't know people like you in real cos your type are the ones that can assassinate someone for criticizing your governor.

7 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by PaulJohn1: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
cashkid18: Ooops!!another misplaced priority...hw many of those pple livin in ogun cn afford to board a cab grin grin

Very "mumu" comment grin

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't know why you guys shutdown people who give humble opinion. Are you guys soo allergic to criticisms. I'm lucky i don't know people like you in real cos your type are the ones that can assassinate someone for criticizing your governor.

There is a saying that says: when you are in a hole, you stop digging.......

Zip it or walk!

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
FreeGlobe: With the propaganda tendencies of our SW people and Chief Liar Gbawe, you would think Amosun is the first to do this, even a thief like Peter Obi has better taxis not to talk of Chime, Akpabio, Amaechi etc

muhehehehehehe

The predictable d1ck comparison of the insecure and inadequate vagrants. What would a thread like this be without this insecure clown showing up talking about Akpabio, Obi, Chime et al. Go and open a thread for those folks and leave others be.

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

You don't get it. Stop doing this time and time again and folks will not be suspicious of you. Come on Afam. Be honest and upright for once in your e-life. It is not about "criticism". You lied that Amosun and others should embrace BRT when they have done such already and you expect anyone to give you a medal for your "criticism"?

Dude simply be upright. I have nothing against you but you must stop these talks that makes it appear you deliberately want to undermine and discredit others because I still think it is not normal to always assume the worst based on your own ignorance. At least an objective person may do a quick google search for only one minute so as to be sure of what they are saying.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by FreeGlobe(f): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

The predictable d1ck comparison of the insecure and inadequate vagrants. What would a thread like this be without this insecure clown showing up talking about Akpabio, Obi, Chime et al. Go and open a thread for those folks and leave others be.
shut your mouth. Mods should ban this shameless old emotional bigot for name calling. I am entitled to my opinion and I will not let you spread your useless APC propaganda here. go kill yourself
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

You don't get it. Stop doing this time and time again and folks will not be suspicious of you. Come on Afam. Be honest and upright for once in your e-life. It is not about "criticism". You lied that Amosun and others should embrace BRT when they have done such already and you expect anyone to give you a medal for your "criticism"?

Dude simply be upright. I have nothing against you but you must stop these talks that makes it appear you deliberately want to undermine and discredit others because I still think it is not normal to always assume the worst based on your own ignorance. At least an objective person may do a quick google search for only one minute so as to be sure of what they are saying.
I advised that he should introduce the BRT system without knowing that he already has one. You should have just told me that Ogun already has one without sounding insulting. I think the problem with you ACn folks is that you don't relate with the public as you should.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I advised that he should introduce the BRT system without knowing that he already has one. You should have just told me that Ogun already has one without sounding insulting. I think the problem with you ACn folks is that you don't relate with the public as you should.

And the problem with you PDP rats is that you see negatives in anything done by AC/APC governors or yoruba people.

6 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

Afam is good at derailing threads so it's better you just ignore him and move on. This thread can reach 20 pages and nothing reasonable will be discussed. just ignore him. angry

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

Here we go again. Are you not old enough to know it is a two-way street? So being a supporter of the APC means I have an obligation to educate ignorant statements you make by presenting you with candies and cookies? Are we not both adults?

Dude, simply stop speaking out of turn and in a routinely negative manner when the APC is mentioned and no one will take you to task. You insult others too by assuming the worst and opening your mouth to ignorantly say they have not achieved what they have. You would understand this if an upright person. Instead you do this all the time and you then resort to the "victim" tactics you are using now instead of just saying "my bad". You even attempt to pass of a lie as "criticism". Haba Afam !!!

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Gbawe:

Here we go again. Are you not old enough to know it is a two-way street? So being a supporter of the APC means I have an obligation to educate ignorant statements you make by presenting you with candies and cookies? Are we not both adults?

Dude, simply stop speaking out of turn and in a routinely negative manner when the APC is mentioned and no one will take you to task. You insult others too by assuming the worst and opening your mouth to ignorantly say they have not achieved what they have. You would understand this if an upright person. Instead you do this all the time and you then resort to the "victim" tactics you are using now instead of just saying "my bad". You even attempt to pass of a lie as "criticism". Haba Afam !!!
What do i stand to gain for calling out ACN leaders i don't have a reason to. Have i not criticized PDP leaders on this floor? I'm not partisan like you and i praise and criticize leaders irrespective of party affiliation and i think it's something you have to learn from me. Let's learn to be objective when appraising the performance of leaders irrespective of what side of the divide they belong to.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by boron10(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
I wonder why people derive pleasure in celebrating thieves. Those who work at oke mosan secretariat would comfirm that Amosun is a big fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by DollyParton1(f): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
To clarify things, they run a taxi system in Abeokuta. It has been working for us, and it will continue to work.
But OGD did the same during his tenure. Seems like all govevernors have to supply taxi.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by free2ryhme: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
ok ooo

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
boron10: I wonder why people derive pleasure in celebrating thieves. Those who work at oke mosan secretariat would comfirm that Amosun is a big fraud.
Do you mind elaborating.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by coogar: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Afam4eva:

your fingers work faster than your brain. you have the uncanny ability to spew rubbish. your comments are always devoid of facts. you are too fond of hearsays and information contrived in a beer parlour after binge drinking.

i cannot count the number of times you have been pilloried for giving wrong information on things you are not knowledgeable about. it's better to just keep mum when you have no idea - it's part of being humble.

11 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Khalifa4us(m): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
You're right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#Revolutionnow Protest: Court Orders FG, DSS To Explain Sowore’s Detention / Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable / Buhari And APC Governors Storm Edo Grand Rally Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.