Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun (17850 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2013
SORTER: .......NO SIR!....I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE BEEN CHASED SINCE YOU CANNOT READ AND UNDERSTAND SIMPLE WRITE UP LIKE THIS.

Thank you. Note he played victim when I took him on but I stated, because I know his treachery and mission, that he would display the same antic "today or tomorrow". See for yourself:

Gbawe wrote on page 1:
The guy is annoying he always wades in with senselessly ignorant and routinely negative things that are often led by his agenda to discredit others to the extent ignorant thoughts overcome common sense and the need to be circumspect in utterance. If you are not up to speed with what is going on in the States of others, perhaps because you are not a stakeholder, why not hold off before assuming the worst about those States? Is that something any adult needs to be told? Watch. He will do similar tomorrow or even today.

After I stated the above, would a sensible person not thread with caution so as not to prove others right? Not Afam ....because he simply can't control his fondness for ignorant talk that are a very bad cover for his chronic affliction of slander, undermining sneers and 'bad belle' against others.

On page 4 our friend Afam appears to prove me right by saying some are celebrating the launch of taxis as performance without even the ability to read and comprehend to note that people are celebrating what, in totality, is increasingly appearing like an overall robust State transport scheme. Anyone who has been to Paris, New York, London or even some developed African Cities will tell you of the enviable overall transport scheme that offers enough choices to ensure there are always options for travellers. We then come to Nairaland to be dealing with clueless yet mischievous individuals like Afam and Insincere9jara who will never shut up despite having nothing to contribute but ignorant negativity. Annoying. Very effing annoying.

The problem with Afam is that he is not very bright yet he is not humble either. Bad combination when you insist on being a 'bad belle' contributor who only wants to run others down. You will easily get discredited, time and time again, being like that.

Afam4eva:
I guess achievement means different thing to different people. I personally will not rate procuring taxis as a sign of performance because even the most clueless governors have launched taxi schemes at one point or the other. The only way we can rate these governors will depend greatly on how they manage these taxis. LIke someone pointed out, i think Fashola has done well in that regard.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by vainfairy: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2013
payless:

Amosun is working, haters are crying. Go and swim in the nearest dam.

vainfairy:

lollzzz..dat wld b asejire or èlèyèle/u.i dams
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 8:28am On Aug 23, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. Note he played victim when I took him on but I stated, because I know his treachery and mission, that he would display the same antic "today or tomorrow". See for yourself:

Gbawe wrote on page 1:

After I stated the above, would a sensible person not thread with caution so as not to prove others right? Not Afam ....because he simply can't control his fondness for ignorant talk that are a very bad cover for his chronic affliction of slander, undermining sneers and 'bad belle' against others.

On page 4 our friend Afam appears to prove me right by saying some are celebrating the launch of taxis as performance without even the ability to read and comprehend to note that people are celebrating what, in totality, is increasingly appearing like an overall robust State transport scheme. Anyone who has been to Paris, New York, London or even some developed African Cities will tell you of the enviable overall transport scheme that offers enough choices to ensure there are always options for travellers. We then come to Nairaland to be dealing with clueless yet mischievous individuals like Afam and Insincere9jara who will never shut up despite having nothing to contribute but ignorant negativity. Annoying. Very effing annoying.

The problem with Afam is that he is not very bright yet he is not humble either. Bad combination when you insist on being a 'bad belle' contributor who only wants to run others down. You will easily get discredited, time and time again, being like that.

Dude, i was referring to the procurement of taxis which imo is not a sign of the prowess of a government. It's good for the residents of Ogun state but what we should be concerned about is the life span of the project. I even cited Fashola handing the taxis over to private companies as something that other governor should consider.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Good but it's not so special as some APC e-warriors are feasting here.
Even terrible PDP governors like Uduaghan did more than this.

https://www.nairaland.com/845050/gov-uduaghan-commissions-100-buses

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by hustla(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2013
I stay in abeokuta..Sinx my pri sch days,ive always sworn not to eva vote or for any governnor or presidnt..ive neva owned a voter's card or evn neared any polling booth,but ds amosu guy....i must vote for him by fire,force and brimstone! I cn imagine wat abk wl luk lyk wt flyovers nd al..to thnk developmental ish isnt in abk only..d sango,ifo to super roads nid to be done tho..im sure dats bn lukd into..im sure ogd wl b ashamed of himself nw...smh!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by striker9(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2013
awodman:
My friend must you insult,curse and pour diatribes before stating your points..what happened to civilized behaviour?..pls stop showing the whole forum that you are a thug
You my friend must be blind,there are insults in sincere 9jarians's post.But of course you won't mention that right,cause y'all are bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2013
awodman:
Just imagine the speed the Mods used to move the thread to the front page..while for achievements of GEJ to get to the frontPage you have to shout yourself hoarse..imagine the thread about ICAO certifying Nigeria's airspace Safe is still languishing in the politics section...Hypocrites
Its just appalling what happens on NL these days. While more important threads are left to rot away behind the scene, frivolous threads ( Fashola shaking hands with a white man, launch of taxi schemes,etc) are being moved to the front page with speed of light.

I'm all for PROGRESS and DEVELOPMENT on this forum. I joined in the celebration of the launch of Opo Imo ( customized laptops) by the Osun State govt for students/pupils. But celebrating launch of taxi schemes? That is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Sunglow: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Obiagelli: Gov amosun blazing hot. Apc keeps impressing
.No be lie!Apc,always acting. wink
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:37am On Aug 23, 2013
awodman:
My friend must you insult,curse and pour diatribes before stating your points..what happened to civilized behaviour?..pls stop showing the whole forum that you are a thug

Shut up you dishonest tw1t. You are not fooling anyone here. I am always ultra-polite to everyone. People I speak to in an ungracious manner are those who have done same to me and I have a history with here.

I have never seen you jump in to correct your fellow team GEJ member, Insincere9gerian, when he is calling others "Tinubu e-dogs" and all manner of ungracious names. Yet, in your silly hypocrisy you will focus on me because I give team GEJ guys here, of which you are one of the most sycophantic, a torrid time.

This is why I take to people like you the way I do. You are not good or decent people. Far from it. You guys are the most uncouth and rude here to the extent many have developed their own defence mechanism against your insults. You routinely insult, without provocation, those who expose your messiah as incompetent and mediocre. Taharqa, Insincere9gerian and others are well-known for this. On your day, you will insult others to be hypocritically playing saint tomorrow, as you do here, in defence of your team member.

Show me where you have told Insincere9gerian, Taharqa and co off for insulting others and I will apologise. Otherwise get out of my face because I know what you are. I am not a rude person by nature but I take no prisoners on NL because of the sort of forum it is. Courteous behaviour receives courteous behaviour vice versa rude behaviour. As simple as that to me.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by wayodude(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2013
I havent read the fine details but were these points clarified?

Does anyone know what this project cost the Ogun State tax payer?

How would these taxis be run, Franchished or directly run by govt?

What are the Maintainance arrangements in place as a project of this size may benefit from a single point of contact framework agreement?

Are these taxis meant to be profit making or subsidised?

Etc Etc

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by godsboy4eva: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Gbawe:

Ogun folks may ask him to be life Governor at this rate grin grin grin grin I swear this Amosun is printing money in a lab behind Ogun State house because these are all the things OGD swore money was not available to achieve cool cool cool cool
It would have been better for you to check the debt profile of the state before drawing a conclusion... and if I may ask, are the cabs for free?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Akpabio taxi launch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q62ls-voysU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQ62ls-voysU

http://www.pointblanknews.com/specialsupplement.html

more from performing PDP governors and the very terrible and underperformed ones to come...

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Its just appalling what happens on NL these days. While more important threads are left to rot away behind the scene, frivolous threads ( Fashola shaking hands with a white man, launch of taxi schemes,etc) are being moved to the front page with speed of light.

I'm all for PROGRESS and DEVELOPMENT on this forum. I joined in the celebration of the launch of Opo Imo ( customized laptops) by the Osun State govt for students/pupils. But celebrating launch of taxi schemes? That is ridiculous.

Drop the nauseating pretence. Nairalanders know you too well to fail for this sickening 'pretender' role you are trying to pull off. Your first comment here, as usual, was disparaging and belittling because that is your agenda. People are not "celebrating taxis". Least of all not me , the OP, who knows what modern and efficient transport mix deliver throughout the worlds top city via personal experience.

It is the promise kept, towards a comprehensive transport mix, that is commendable.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by kabba7(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2013
Amyone on Nairaland with the phone number or email address to Amosun I wish to plead he send just one of his commisioners ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ an advicer to help come give 30 days training to my state Governor (Kogi) Wada ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ his entire cabinet on how to manage a state resources .
Please thisais a very honest request don't make fun as its not funny.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by tayork(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking taxis...But i'll advice these governors to also consider something similar to BRT in their states cos not all citizens can afford to hire a taxi.
He is planning BRT to,he has not J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ brought them out
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2013
awodman:

Don't expect any better, Gbawe has proven over again his upbringing. I don't expect much from him.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2013
payless:

It is better to advice your home state governor about coming to SW to learn about how to deliver dividend of democracy to the masses. Your governor needs that advice more than Amosun. What do you think?

You are probably a young chap to know that even some very terrible PDP governors did more than this.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by kamelonaire(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2013
Amosun to me it just a fear person he will deliver
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Gbawe: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2013
TechyGuy:

Don't expect any better, Gbawe has proven over again his upbringing. I don't expect much from him.

@Awodman.

DO you see what I am talking about? Have I spoken to this character here that he jumps in to be questions my upbringing? Is that not unprovoked uncouthness? This is what this forum is about. Spineless cowards who throw blows and play victim when an uppercut comes back at them.

If I respond in kind now or elsewere to this forum member, it is what I write you will conveniently focus on and expose as "rude behaviour" because I am not in your team GEJ. Whereas you are blind to the antics of your co-travellers who are the most rude, most uncouth and most agbero-like on NL by miles.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by anonimi: 8:56am On Aug 23, 2013
wayodude: I havent read the fine details but were these points clarified?

Does anyone know what this project cost the Ogun State tax payer?

How would these taxis be run, Franchished or directly run by govt?

What are the Maintainance arrangements in place as a project of this size may benefit from a single point of contact framework agreement?

Are these taxis meant to be profit making or subsidised?

Etc Etc

Maybe we should start by asking if Amosun's government and legislature have adopted the FOI Act
Apparently Ajimobi's Oyo state has refused to do so.

We are not bound by FOI Act, Oyo Government

The FOI Act was signed into law by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011.
The Oyo State Government said on Monday that it was not bound by the Freedom of Information Act, FOI Act and is not bound to domesticate it.

Ojo Adebayo, the State’s Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, said in Ibadan that the state’s decision on the Act was guided by the position of the law and not by the selfish interest of the government.

“It is not about the government, but of the law and the law says that both the federal and state government can concurrently legislate on it. Being an item on the concurrent list, both of us are free to either legislate on it or not.

While the federal government had legislated and now we have the Act, Oyo State has not done that. President Goodluck Jonathan signed the FOI Act into law in May 2011.

“The law is, therefore, made for the federal government and its agencies all over the country and it is not applicable to us in Oyo State.

“We are not bound by the Act, because we are operating federalism and the state is a co-partner in the federation,” he said.
The Attorney-General added that the state government may, however, voluntarily elect to domesticate the Act.
“Although we are not an appendage of the federal government, we may legislate on it if we feel otherwise,” he said.
The Act contains “the right of any person to access or request information whether or not contained in any written form which is in the custody or possession of any public official, agency or institutions, however, described.”

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/127787-we-are-not-bound-by-foi-act-oyo-government.html

P.S.: It seems we do have some measure OF true federalism after all despite the noise from ACN and its new group, APC.

Even Fashola's Lagos that has adopted it reportedly threatened its workers from sharing information.

We are having progressively OBSCURE and SECRECY south west governments!
Which is understandable even though DISAGREEABLE, since they are all running up massive debts for future, unborn generations with Fashola leading the pack at over N=600 billion
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by TechyGuy: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by ayobase(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2013
RedReact:
Walahi, you need koboko for committing murder.
It's "omo Lisabi" and not "Omo ni sabi". I pardon thee.
Good one from SIA. We need things like this in Nigeria, from South to North so that Nigeria can be great again.

Thanks. I did contemplate when writing that.

Awa re yen!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Species1983: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2013
Payless!!! You can't be confined in a space like in Ogun and utter despicable remarks of other state governors. Have you been to Anambra before? Such taxi's were launched over seven years ago. Meaning Ogun is seven years behind Anambra. Peter Obi is working!!! wink
payless:

Help me tell am again o. The guy dey vex me mehn. He should send the advice to Ebonyi or Anambra. They need it more over there.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by striker9(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Species1983: Payless!!! You can't be confined in a space like in Ogun and utter despicable remarks of other state governors. Have you been to Anambra before? Such taxi's were launched over seven years ago. Meaning Ogun is seven years behind Anambra. Peter Obi is working!!! wink
for your mind!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Government Taxi Schemes arounr this country has generally been a failure..

Rivers State for example: Odili launched peugeots as Taxis, Today, not even 1 can be found on the road.

Amaechi comes in and launches Kias and Tata busses (in partnership with Skye Bank) Today, none of those vehicles even have up to 30% resale value.

Cross Rivers State is the same thing. Liyel Launched Suzukis as Taxis upon the removal of Okadas from the road. BArely 2 weeks after the launching, over 10 of the vehicles had been totalled.

Akwa Ibom State is the same News. Although with theirs, it was Akwa Ibomites that set fire to over 200 Brand new Kias during a riot.

I'm sure others can give similar examples from their states. Only Lagos seems to have gotten the fomular right, which is to give the cars to a Company to manage for them. Also giving the drivers some sort of Liaility for the cars and providing fleet insurance for all the cars, rather then just outrightly handing over the cars to individuals.

I really hope this scheme works sha, because so far, its failed in so many other states..[/b]

Dude where is your promised picture thread?
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by talongbemu: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2013
tayor_k:
He is planning BRT to,he has not J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ brought them out

The first phase of the project was the inaguration of 18 seater buses and BRT that transport staffs from different location to respective offices. Also dedicated BRT buses that ply mowe/ibafo/magboro/ arepo to lagos.
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Sunglow: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2013
Mr. David Gray:

Join the Illuminati cult online
today and get instant sum of
1million dollars with a free home
anywhere you choose to live in
the world and also get 2500
dollars monthly as a salary... If you are interested please kindly fill
the following
information to this email below
{email address removed}.. Full name....................................
Country....................................... State of
origin............................ Date of
birth...............................
Sex..............................................
Address.....................................
Phone......................................... Email
address........................... Attach Scan I'd card,passport or
driver license containing your
full details Tell us little about yourself... Attach scan school
certificate.. No dirty game,no sacrifices and No evil....is a cult of
peace, this is our mobile number contact us now +2348153363941,OR
luminatiforsuccessandfamous@gmail.com
.God punish u.Go to Hell!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Sunglow: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2013
Mr. David Gray:

Join the Illuminati cult online
today and get instant sum of
1million dollars with a free home
anywhere you choose to live in
the world and also get 2500
dollars monthly as a salary... If you are interested please kindly fill
the following
information to this email below
{email address removed}.. Full name....................................
Country....................................... State of
origin............................ Date of
birth...............................
Sex..............................................
Address.....................................
Phone......................................... Email
address........................... Attach Scan I'd card,passport or
driver license containing your
full details Tell us little about yourself... Attach scan school
certificate.. No dirty game,no sacrifices and No evil....is a cult of
peace, this is our mobile number contact us now +2348153363941,OR
luminatiforsuccessandfamous@gmail.com
.God punish u.Go to Hell!
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by Oballer: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2013
as confirmed egba boy i have always wondered when the place will change....waited and saw Lagos and Ibadan almost overtake us in development...now i think its time and its here for the better...i was home last Ramadan holiday and oh my...the streets are blazing undergoing transformation...although i know this is where the bulk of embezzlement lies but who send...chop the chop and do the work....in 10years you may need visa to visit ogun,,,esp Abeokuta where we hail from.........Amosun well done
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by delvinmaya(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2013
payless:

I am thinking the same thing o! I have my house in Idi-Aba by Federal Medical Centre but I just refuse to complete it due to situation in Nigeria. I have to get it done if things continue like the way Amosun is going about business in Abeokuta.

Abeg complete it, was there yesterday, and am pretty sure that the massive road construction will overtake that end. No dull yourself bro
Re: Amosun Launches 150 Taxi Cab In Ogun by striker9(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2013
O'baller:
as confirmed egba boy i have always wondered when the place will change....waited and saw Lagos and Ibadan almost overtake us in development...now i think its time and its here for the better...i was home last Ramadan holiday and oh my...the streets are blazing undergoing transformation...although i know this is where the bulk of embezzlement lies but who send...chop the chop and do the work....in 10years you may need visa to visit ogun,,,esp Abeokuta where we hail from.........Amosun well done
chop the chop and do the work sound ok to me,but some Governors only wanna chop,well done to Amosun,egba re wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

$30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers / Kwankwaso Visits Ayokunke, CAN President In Ibadan / Federal Airport Authority Clashes With Customs Service On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.