Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? (2711 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by LauraB1: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2008
Is it healthy for Parents to sleep with their young child(ren) and there and then makes Love? Or may be we feel that they are asleep, but you can never say.

Or better still, Is it good for parents to display some Love making attitude(smooching,romancing, etc) before their children
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by ifyalways(f): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2008
Laura B:

Is it healthy for Parents to sleep with their young child(ren) and there and then makes Love? Or may be we feel that they are asleep, but you can never say.

Or better still, Is it good for parents to display some Love making attitude(smooching,romancing, etc) before their children
it depends on the age,if its a child less thaan a yr old,i see no harm in it but anything more than that dont seem right and good,children are very sharp and tend to copy and put to mind,whatsoever they see an adult doing.BTW why wud a couple want to sleep on same bed as their kids and still make love
a little affection isnt bad,like a goodbye kiss/peck or a welcome kiss but smoooching lol ,NO pls.whatever happenned to their bedroom
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by Ndipe(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
Which kain question be all this?
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by LauraB1: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2008
Ndipe:

Which kain question be all this?

Because a lot of parents out there do such a thing and assumes that it is normal and part family thing, so lets hear people's opinion if it is actually good and why and how does it educate these young children.

Personally, am not of the opinion that such act should by any means be displayed before children especially above a year old. Because I have been in a home where the parents are so loose with their son that he knows pretty rubbish like kissing, and always wanting to stay around when someone is undressing, to even saying aunty let me see your ass.

So what do you think?
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by mikun(f): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2008
I have 2 boys 4 and 6 and yes my husband and I do kiss in front of them, not full snogging and the younger one will always go eew to get a reaction from us, but the older one will tell him we are allowed.

For example dad comes in from work , kisses/cuddles his children or they hug him first and then he does the same to me , the only difference is I get lips and they get cheek or forehead.

They already know that they are not allowed to kiss anyone on the lips not even mum or dad, even my 4 year old will tell me my lips are only for his dad.

I believe there is nothing wrong in moderate affection, i never did see my parents displaying any affection to each other.

If we can kiss and hold hands outside, I see no reason why we cannot do the same in front of the children.
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by nalijah07(f): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2008
Children learn what they live. I think it is important and a beautiful thing for a child (especially male children) to learn how to give affection to their spouse.

I don't think it should be anything over the top though. Just enough so that they learn to be comfortable enough to express themselves and show love.
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by tope2000(f): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2008
I seriously doubt if any nigerian parent dispaly romance towards each other talkless of around their kids. My parents surely didnt display none around us.
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by amberella: 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2008
My daughter slept in bed with us for the first year so we restricted our lovemaking to the sofa or other places around the house. I don't think I could get in the mood if my child was lying next to me!

Of course we show plenty of affection in front of her. But not sexual. No making out or smacking butts.

My husband, although Nigerian, is very affectionate. He gives many kisses to both myself and our daughter.
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by yemivictor: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2008
There's absolutely nothing wrong in the display of moderate affection between a couple in front of their kids!

If anything, it teaches them to be kind, warm & well adjusted!!

However, what shouldn't be displayed in the presence of kids is your ugly fights & curses!!!

Can you imagine that some couples even get physical with their kids present! shocked
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by ssRhino: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
I think it is the best thing for parents to do while their parents are there, enough of kids seeing parents fighting alone, they need to see the best side, they need to see dad giving Mom a great kiss while he leave for work, they should hear dad saying " i love you" before he get off the phone with Mom, it will shift the mid of the kids to see good things about life.
Re: Is It Healthy For Parents To Display Romance Act Before Their Children? by BAYKEM(m): 5:06am On Oct 15, 2014
mikun:
I have 2 boys 4 and 6 and yes my husband and I do kiss in front of them, not full snogging and the younger one will always go eew to get a reaction from us, but the older one will tell him we are allowed.

For example dad comes in from work , kisses/cuddles his children or they hug him first and then he does the same to me , the only difference is I get lips and they get cheek or forehead.

They already know that they are not allowed to kiss anyone on the lips not even mum or dad, even my 4 year old will tell me my lips are only for his dad.

I believe there is nothing wrong in moderate affection, i never did see my parents displaying any affection to each other.

If we can kiss and hold hands outside, I see no reason why we cannot do the same in front of the children.
Thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Thinks I'm An Extrovert / Why Would My Husband Watch Pronographic Films? / Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.