Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) (26304 Views)

The Flailing Kitten On Allen Avenue / To The "Carl Allen" Personality. If You Have Something To Say To Me, Am All Ears / Unilag Students In Twitter War Over Aristos (pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by Ephramed(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
adeaugustus:
Welldone! With Free MB + ASUU strike, nairaland is your starting point.
mrvictor:

could be fake china productshocked shocked shocked
adeaugustus:
Welldone! With Free MB + ASUU strike, nairaland is your starting point.
no mind am,he want start to pour all d cramming him do 4 us.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by successking: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
A similar thing happened to the one in Maryland. Whom has the company offended?
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by Blessmira: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
Fire service nko Abi nairalanders go quench am.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by ladenz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
vokal_guy:

You are pathetic and ignorant. So the president decided to burn down the billboard right? I think Seun needs to implement some sort of IQ testing mechanism so when morons like you register on this site, it detects your stupidity level and denies you access. And as for 'likes' do you mind telling me if those likes pay your bills?

KAI. relax na. the guy is obviously kidding. you guys should go easy with the insults abeg.
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by trolling(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
na ikeja be dis, e don tay men
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by hansyllo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=kevoh]Definitely electrical fault.
Possible culprits:
1.Spark (Electric Arc) caused by loose electrical contacts.
2. Bad wiring i.e using cable with smaller dimension for wiring that demands larger dimension.
3. Use of fake protective device (fuse,circuit breakers e.t.c)
4. Exposed wires coming in contact and causing a spark.

those are da Route cause
How abt the control measures & recovery?
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by adee42: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na for dis my country even billboard dey burn quackry
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by kevoh(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
@hansyllo
Engineers should do proper sizing/dimensioning of any electrical project they are about to carry out, they must not settle for less i.e all materials used for installation should be of quality standard that itself is a control mechanism. But we know in 9ja after inflating the quotation for a project some will still buy low quality goods at a far lesser price to gain more.

Secondly,proper routine inspection for faults and maintenance should be carried out as scheduled (weekly preferably) you don't need to be an engineer to be told this is an important control measure which is often neglected of which when carried out 90% of incidents like this fire could be avoided..

NB: I'm not an expert in electronic billboards just giving my opinion from my experience as anyone in the field of engineering will do, others might have a different view.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by hoodboy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
chiover: That billboard must be made in china. Chinko products na use and pray
more like pray as you use
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by Lawalemi(m): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
What do you expect from electrical engineers that were disorientated by ASUU strike
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by 1shortblackboy: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
kingsilly:
U A TOTAL EMBARAZMENT TO NATURE...
all of una dey jones o una never hear of sarcasm before ? im sure una no do literature for school
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by IYANGBALI: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na photoshop jo
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by bigtt76(f): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Once again citizen journalism at work while damage to property is taking place. When shall we learn to help salvage situations we find ourselves in rather than start taking photographs for the blogs etc. #haba
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by Ayomax(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
bigtt76: Once again citizen journalism at work while damage to property is taking place. When shall we learn to help salvage situations we find ourselves in rather than start taking photographs for the blogs etc. #haba
do I look like a fire man? in this situation you can't do much but to call on the fire fighters.
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by ringi82(m): 3:01am On Aug 24, 2013
vokal_guy:

You are pathetic and ignorant. So the president decided to burn down the billboard right? I think Seun needs to implement some sort of IQ testing mechanism so when morons like you register on this site, it detects your stupidity level and denies you access. And as for 'likes' do you mind telling me if those likes pay your bills?

chillout man! the guy was only messing around. gosh! no sense of humor bro!
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by seedsower(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Over heating... I guess the air-condition systems failed probably due to power fluctuations. What a big loss!
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by tdbanks: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2013
livingstoneony: wow shocked
what's wowing about this?
Re: Fire At Allen Avenue (pix inside) by herbdull(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
vokal_guy:

You so pathetic...that was a joke and this e-grasshoper was crying about his stupidity. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transformation Of A Suicidal Obese Man To 'Mr Muscle' (PHOTOS / Problems Associated With Gap-teeth / 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.