Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs (545 Views)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / League Of Patrots - Bauchi State - Deconstructing Isa Yuguda / Story Of The "Abia molestation" Victim's Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs by obinalihe: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Deconstructing the Abia Assault Dogs

By Abiaawakening

IN one of my recent articles published in some national dailies, I did raise my discomfort with the wave of abuse which the social media via the Internet is presently enmeshed in. I took Abia as a case study. My reason for the choice of Abia is unarguably obvious.

Not quite long after my position was made known, I read one of the most wicked and mindless posts courtesy of Saharareporters all calculated at maligning the government of Abia State under the stewardship of Chief Theodore Ahamefule Orji. In its latest onslaught, the gladiators in their usual manner stood the the truth on its head.

The most bizarre of all was its poisoned chalice to readers that the beneficiaries of State Youth Empowerment Scheme were made to pay for the vehicles that were issued to them. Of course such blanket lies do gain myopia believers.

The Internet came alive with comments from mostly jaundiced scoundrels who love to hate the name Ochendo. While recently I sat quietly in a public gathering where commentators rose in strong discountenance of the worthless report, I felt inward joy that albeit all mundane efforts by detractors, the average Abia indigene is not unmindful of the political mixture of wheat with chaff otherwise known as "mixkogbuo" in local parlance to hoodwink ignorant masses.

What has remained a puzzle to me and should be to all discerning minds is whether Saharareporters for its obvious disdain for Abia State woke up and went to town with the story or that its reporters spoke to some of the beneficiaries of the Scheme who made such allegation.

I was and am still one of those who believe that the government was carrying too much burden in giving out a Toyota Sienna free of charge to any person under whatever guise or considerations. Empowerment, yes. The government owes it as its obligation to its citizens but there is also a corollary obligation on the part of the same citizens.

There is no free meal any where and not even in Freetown. Even in the so-called developed countries, quite a number of our frustrated nationals rush to escape perseverance, citizenship or residency demands and obligations are non-negotiable as manifested in system and rate of taxation.

Like I stated in my expressed opinion, my knowledge of the feelings of the average Abia man does not in any way suggest that these actions syndicating falsehood have any bearing directly or indirectly on how the people of Abia see their Governor. The fellowship and follower ship are devoid of any form of adulteration.
By: The Abia Awakening

Re: Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs by Aphrygian(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Deconstructing The Abia Assault Dogs by Aphrygian(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yawns

(1) (Reply)

US Ready To Strike Syria / Nigerian To Face Trial In US For Supporting Terrorism / I Will Never Leave The PDP -- Gov Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.