Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Missing The Ark Of Salvation While Drowning In A Deluge Of Pride - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Missing The Ark Of Salvation While Drowning In A Deluge Of Pride (615 Views)

Shah Of Iran, Days Of Pride / Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) / The Ahlul-Bayt (a):the "Arc Of Salvation" ("safinatun-najat") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missing The Ark Of Salvation While Drowning In A Deluge Of Pride by LagosShia: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2013
August 24, 2013 at 5:56am

In reality, pride is a lie which fools tell to themselves. How can it be that a

thing made from sperm and blood, and lives by consuming the lives of others, and sweats, defecates, urinates, and inevitably becomes a dead and rotting corpse, thinks too highly of his or her self?

The sin of pride is evaluating oneself as worthy of The Praise that belongs only to God... feeling an inordinate pleasure emanating from a kind of megalomanic self importance attributed to an inflated ego. Humility is evaluating oneself as insignificant... a feeling of total dependence upon God’s Grace And Mercy emanating from a God Conscious soul. Pride is masturbatory in nature. Humility is wedded to Wisdom. It is alleged that Prophet Solomon (A) said, “A Wise Head Fears God.”

A proud person is most apt to feel so bigoted in his, or her rightness, that he or she will see every criticism as an attack. These folks tend to knee jerk into a defensive posture to even ward off their own conscience, neglecting the next step past the animal level of consciousness, nafsi lawamah, or self criticism.

Allah sent Prophet Muhammad, with the criterion for right and wrong. Yet, we Muslims tend to most often use the Quran to criticize others. Why? Could it be that we are too proud to see the ugly vision of our own disobedient, arrogant, self worshiping nature in the mirror of self criticism? After all, our parents and their parents and everyone we know practice the same cultural foolishness that we know is, let us say, less than good.

If I am proud of my ethnic forefathers, I will most likely overlook “our” flaws and enshrine them as special favors from God. I won’t strive nearly as hard as one who reveres the achievements of the past, but is keenly aware that Allah will only add to his or her account the personal achievements of the present.

Ethnically proud people are most likely to deem themselves righteous by virtue of their ancestral religion, and thus are more likely to neglect the noble acts of faith, and other virtues that truly testify to the worth of the individual and the highest ideals of that religion.

Thus, prideful souls miss The Ark Of Salvation sent to rescue them from The Deluge of Viciousness that engulfs the planet, even though they know of and believe in its existence. These unfortunate souls ultimately drown in their own, foolish sense of self importance.

From My Book The Final Prophet, Forward.

Courtesy: Facebook page of (African American Sheikh) Ali Abu Talib.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ali-abu-talib/missing-the-ark-of-salvation-while-drowning-in-a-deluge-of-pride/10151632050403691
Re: Missing The Ark Of Salvation While Drowning In A Deluge Of Pride by Nairatalks: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
Salaam.

Nice one, lagosShia.

Many here are guilty of this same pride.

Imagine one claiming to be just a simple muslim and not a scholar but yet, his interpretation of the Quran cant be challenged! You are not a true muslim if you disagree with him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Share Your View And Picture On Arafat / Zakat Ul-fitr / Hijrah New Year Celebration - BIDA'H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.