Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) (1123 Views)

Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. / Missing The Ark Of Salvation While Drowning In A Deluge Of Pride / To Muslims who react violently to Video against Prophet Muhammed (SAW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 4:51am On Nov 28, 2011
We Were Commanded to Love
REEHAB RAMADAN

We have been commanded to obey him; we have been commanded to respect him; but the key to both these things lies in the fact that we are commanded to love him. This love is more than just mere lip service; it is a love that should encompass our lives. Nothing on this earth should be more dear to our hearts than the blessed Prophet of Allah ﷺ (peace be upon him). This is not simply a recommended emotion; rather it is one that we must feel in our hearts. It is narrated that the Prophet ﷺ said: “None of you will believe until I am more beloved to him than his children, his father and all people.” (Bukhari)

There are many benefits that one can reap by loving Rasulullah (the Prophet of Allah) ﷺ, both in this life and the next. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ told us that that there are three things which, if one was to take refuge in them, makes one experience the sweetness of faith. We all crave this sweetness, which grants an internal happiness that cannot be matched. This sweetness can be enjoyed in this life, and makes worshiping Allah and striving in His cause much easier and enjoyable. The first of these three things is that Allah and His messenger are more beloved to the believer than anything else (Bukhari). Another benefit that we may receive from wholeheartedly loving the Prophet ﷺ is His companionship in Jannah (paradise). A man came to the Prophet ﷺ and asked, “When will the last Hour come, Oh Messenger of Allah?” The Messenger ﷺ responded, “What have you prepared for it?” The man said, “I have not prepared a lot of prayer nor fasting nor charity for it, but I love Allah and His Messenger.” The Prophet ﷺ then said, “You will be with the one you love.” (Bukhari)

Simply reading the accounts of how the companions loved and expressed their love for the Prophet ﷺ cause one’s emotions to stir in yearning for that nearness of heart to him. It is through their stories that we can find motivation to get to know and learn about him so that we too may love him as they did. Of these stories is that of a man who went to the Prophet ﷺ and declared his love for him, as well as one of his biggest concerns. He said, “Oh Messenger of Allah, I love you more than my family and my possessions. I remember you and I cannot wait until I can come and look at you. I remember that I will die and you will die, and I know that when you enter the Garden, you will be raised up with the Prophets. When I enter it, I will not see you.” It was not enough for this man to just want Jannah; rather his immense love caused him to crave the companionship of his beloved at that time when he could have anything and everything he wanted. It was at this point that Allah revealed, “And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger – those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions.” (Qur’an, 4:69)

Another heart-gripping story is that of a woman who went to our mother, Aisha, and asked her for permission to see the grave of Rasulullah ﷺ. Aisha took her to the grave and the woman, simply seeing the resting place of the Prophet ﷺ, wept until she died. Allahu akbar (God is the Greatest).

Seeing the immense love of the companions for the Prophet ﷺ can, at times, make us feel discouraged, thinking that we can never reach this level of love having never met him. These are the whispers of Shaytan (Satan) trying to drag us away from one of the most rewarding feelings ever gifted to man. The Prophet ﷺ himself reassures us of this by saying, “Those in my community with the strongest love for me are the people who will come after me. Some of them would give their family and wealth to have seen me.” (Muslim, al-Bukhari)

May Allah cause us to be of those people who would give up our family and wealth to have seen him ﷺ.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/we-were-commanded-to-love/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 6:32am On Nov 29, 2011
What is Love?
REEHAB RAMADAN

Ali, the fourth caliph of Islam, spoke of the reverence held for the Prophet ﷺ:“Whoever saw him suddenly, was in awe of him; and whoever mixed with him, loved him.” In order to know what it is we are striving for, we should try to understand what is meant by the word love in the first place. When dealing with love, we find that it can be of different types:

1. Pleasure in outward perfection.

a. General: This can manifest in a ‘worldly’ manner as the false love for beauty and appearances. This is the fastest kind of love to attain, but if other reasons are not present, this love can fade quickly.

b. Concerning the Prophet ﷺ: we can work towards attaining this love for him by studying his outward qualities such as his appearance, his style of dressing, his etiquettes of eating, and his general lifestyle.

2. Gaining benefit from the object of love.

a. General: This can manifest in a ‘worldly’ manner as the false love of wealth and fame.

b. Concerning the Prophet ﷺ: we have briefly discussed already some of the benefits and the blessings of loving Rasulullah ﷺ in Part I; there are many other stories and ahadeeth that can be found, read, and pondered upon.

3. Pleasure in the perfection of its noble inner qualities.

a. General: This type of love holds together the first two types of love; it lasts the longest.

b. Concerning the Prophet ﷺ: we can work towards attaining this love for him by studying his inward qualities such as his haya’ (modesty), his humility, and his generosity.

May Allah cause us to be of those who have all three forms of love for His Messenger ﷺ and live our lives according to that love.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/what-is-love/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba12345: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2011
Signs of True Love
REEHAB RAMADAN

Now that we know what love actually is, how do we know that we actually love him? How do we know that our hearts are actually inclined to him and that we are not merely uttering words that do not resonate within us? There are signs that one can look for and strive for so that we may be sure to have this needed and craved love.

1. Itiba` (Following him) and ta`ah (Obeying him): In the Qur’an we are not only commanded to obey the Prophet ﷺ (May God peace and blessings be upon him), but also to follow him. There are many benefits that come from obeying him and following him aside from the great reward of it being a sign of loving him.

a. Obeying him is a means of becoming guided. Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala (Glorified is He) said in the Qur’an:

Say, “Obey Allah and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away – then upon him is only that [duty] with which he has been charged, and upon you is that with which you have been charged. And if you obey him, you will be [rightly] guided. And there is not upon the Messenger except the [responsibility for] clear notification.”
(Qur’an 24: 54)

b. Obeying him is a means of attaining the mercy of Allah (swt). Allah said in the Qur’an:

And obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy. (Qur’an 3:132)

c. Obeying him is a means of entering Jannah (Paradise)

And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger and fears Allah and is conscious of Him – it is those who attain (of Jannah) (Qur’an 24: 52)

d. Following him is a sign of loving Allah and will actually cause Allah to love you and forgive your sins!

Say, [O Muhammad], “If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. [, ].” (Qur’an 3: 31)

2. Preferring the law that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ brought over our own desire. Allah (swt) says in the Qur’an:

But no, by your Lord, they will not [truly] believe until they make you, [O Muhammad], judge concerning that over which they dispute among themselves and then find within themselves no discomfort from what you have judged and submit in [full, willing] submission (Qur’an 4: 65)

3. Constantly mentioning him: When we love something or someone, that thing becomes frequently mentioned in our conversations and becomes the thoughts we drift to when our minds wander.

4. Yearning for him: Every lover yearns for his/her beloved. If you find your heart yearning for him, and craving to see his face, know that this is a sign of true love for him, alayhisalam (Peace be upon him).

5. Respecting him and displaying humility at his mention

6. Loving those whom he loved: When we truly love someone we love those who brought happiness to the heart of our beloved. Of those the Prophet ﷺ truly loved were Khadija, Aisha, Hassan and Hussain, the companions, and the Ummah (Muslim community) as a whole.

7. Love for the Qur’an

8. Naseeha (sincere counsel) for His community

9. Living without the Dunya

May these signs of love and compassion for our beloved Prophet ﷺ be prevalent in our daily lives, bringing us closer to drinking from his hands on the Day of Judgment and entering Jannah with him.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/signs-of-true-love/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234s: 6:13am On Dec 02, 2011
A Man of Character
REEHAB RAMADAN

Now that we know we must love the Prophet ﷺ, what true love is, and what the signs of love are, we must begin to actually build this love. As was mentioned in Part II, the longest lasting love is a love of someone’s “perfection in noble inner qualities.” So we will now begin to go through snapshots of the life of our Beloved, Mohammed ﷺ.

For forty years prior to the revelation, the Prophet ﷺ was indisputably known to be of sound morals. Amongst his tribe he was known as “As-Sadeeq Al-Ameen,” meaning “the honest and trustworthy one.” The fact that he was given this name can mean one of two things:

Either his honesty and trustworthy nature surpassed all others, or
At the time, it was rare to find someone who was honest and trustworthy; therefore his nature was unique and treasured as such.
There are many instances in the seerah (Prophetic biography) that illustrate the moral soundness of the Prophet ﷺ. One of these stories exemplifies the strength of the trust people had in him. It happened near the beginning of his prophethood. He summoned the people of Quraysh to the foot of a mountain and called out to them, saying: “Would you believe me if I told you an enemy host was waiting behind this hill to attack you?” Everyone, including those who would soon become his enemies, agreed that they would believe him. Although we may have heard this story many times, it may be difficult to grasp the true significance of that moment; an entire tribe agreed that they would prepare for a battle with an enemy they had not seen, using their precious time, and risking their resources – based on the words of one man. Allahu Akbar! (God is great).

It is said that the people had so much faith in him that they would advise one another to seek his services when needed. They would say, “If you have to travel and need someone to look after your wife, entrust her to Muhammad without hesitation, for he will not even glance at her face. If you want to entrust your wealth for safeguarding, entrust it to this trustworthy, honest man, for he will never touch it. If you look for someone who never tells a lie and never breaks his word, go directly to Muhammad, because whatever he says is true.”

The best way to feel this point is to take a moment and imagine someone who you trust one hundred percent, someone you know would never hurt you, someone who would never betray your trust. When they speak, you know that their words contained no lies; you find comfort in their presence. Most likely, this imagining will cause you to yearn for someone of this nature. Now take a moment and change that yearning for a nameless individual, to yearning for the Prophet ,ﷺ because this description is exactly what he was like.

May Allah (swt) cause us to be of those who yearn to be in the presence of the Beloved, Mohammed ﷺ and truly make him beloved to our hearts.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/a-man-of-character/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba12345: 6:30am On Dec 03, 2011
A Man of Ultimate Consideration
REEHAB RAMADAN

Even at a young age, the Prophet ﷺ showed amazing consideration to those around him. Despite the lack of a steady father figure and the many trials he endured in his youth, the Prophet continued to persevere and serve those who were around him.

After the death of his grandfather, he was sent to live with his Uncle, Abu Talib. Abu Talib had many children but he always treated the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ as his own and did not deprive him of what he needed. He was known to be a generous man and would always feed the hujjaj (pilgrims) when they would come to make pilgrimage. Because of his intense generosity, Abu Talib was poor and struggled to keep his family fed. At the young age of thirteen, our beloved Messenger ﷺ decided that he never wanted to be a burden on the shoulders of his uncle and wanted to fend for himself. In a time where being a shepherd was seen to be lowly and unrewarding, the young Prophet ﷺ sacrificed his own image and became a shepherd, receiving the lowest pay possible.

He did whatever he could to make sure that his uncle did not have to struggle to keep him fed and carried his own weight around the house. He stayed patient and rose in ranks in the work force until he became a successful business man by the age of twenty-five. It is at this time, in a highly chauvinistic society, that Khadijah radi Allahu ‘anha (may Allah be pleased with her) hired him to work for her. Just as his ego did not prevent him from a lowly job when he needed it, again his ego did not prevent him from working for a successful woman, whom he would eventually marry.

When he did finally marry Khadijah (rA), he did not forget the generosity of his uncle. It was not enough for him that he had carried his own weight when living with his uncle, he also wanted to give back. The Prophet ﷺ returned to Abu Talib and made a noble and dignified request. He asked for one of the children of Abu Talib so that he could raise him and care for him, just as his uncle had once done for him. Abu Talib agreed and gave him Ali, who would later be a great torch bearer of Islam.

At an age where many young men are only thinking about themselves, the Prophet ﷺ was already catching every opportunity to make the lives of others easier. Had he not returned to foster one of his cousins, Abu Talib would not have been hurt. Abu Talib did not expect such a gesture; rather, it came from the pure unselfish heart of the Prophet ﷺ. He was truly a man of consideration, asking for nothing in return.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/a-man-of-ultimate-consideration/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by theseeker2: 2:01am On Dec 04, 2011
May Allah bless you Bro
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234s: 5:23am On Dec 04, 2011
the_seeker:

May Allah bless you Bro

Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234s: 5:27am On Dec 04, 2011
A Man of Mercy
Reehab Ramadan

Today, often times a “religious” person is seen to be someone who is rough and rigid, spouting do’s and don’ts without thinking twice about the emotions of the person being scolded. The Prophet ﷺ, however, was the farthest from any such description. He was a man who was enveloped in mercy, who cared for the weak, encouraged the women, and stood up for anyone in need.

Allah (swt) describes the character of the Prophet ﷺ in the Qura’n when He says:

“So by mercy from Allah, [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah. Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].” [Qur’an, 3:159]

The Prophet ﷺ did not only have mercy towards the men of his society at a time when women were treated very harshly, he was also busy working against this to replace it with mercy and compassion.

The men at the time of Rasul’Allah ﷺ were privileged with the opportunity to constantly be in his company, learning and growing with him. The women wanted to have such an opportunity, and being the leader that he was, the women did not feel any shyness or fear in requesting this from him. Upon request, the Prophet ﷺ set aside a special time just for the women so that he could answer their questions and help them with what they needed. There is a narration in which the Prophet ﷺ was sitting amongst the women and they were talking loudly to him. Umar came into the room and the women completely changed their demeanor. Seeing this, the Prophet ﷺ did not get angry, nor offended, nor even jealous–rather, he laughed. Umar radi Allahu anh (May Allah be pleased with him), asked the Messenger ﷺ why he laughed at their behavior and he replied that he was amazed at how the women hid the instant they heard Umar’s voice! This angered Umar and he questioned the women, asking how they should fear him yet not the Messenger ﷺ! Their response exemplifies the mercy that Prophet ﷺ had towards these women; they responded confidently that in comparison, Umar (ra) was hot-tempered, while the Prophet ﷺ was the epitome of mercy.

The Prophet ﷺ’s mercy was vast and inclusive. He spread it far and wide to the point that even animals could find refuge in his kindness. Of the many instances that are breathtakingly vibrant with the clemency of RasulAllah ﷺ is that of the helpless bird. ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud was traveling with the Prophet ﷺ and a few other men. One of the men took an egg from the bird’s nest. Out of despair, the bird came and flapped its wings at the Prophet ﷺ, and he took immediate notice to her sad state. He turned to his companions and asked them who had made this poor bird miserable. Upon finding out that her egg had been taken, he ordered the man to return the egg to her as a sign of mercy and compassion. At a time when many humans were not being shown kindness, the Prophet ﷺ mastered kindness to mankind and was already encouraging kindness and rights of animals.

Today, we look to the lives of the sahabah and read their stories. Many times, it is hard to comprehend how they had so much energy and drive to do all the things that they did. Their energy stemmed from pure Divine Love which was not built through harsh reprimands or robotic movements—rather, this love was built by being in the presence of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ, seeing his amazing mercy and knowing that if he, the creation of Allah (swt), could exhibit such mercy, then what of his Creator?

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/a-man-of-mercy/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2011
He Kept it Real!
REEHAB RAMADAN

Many of us have a wide variety of masks that we put on throughout the day depending on whom we are with and what their expectations are. Some of these masks are masks of patience, masks of gratitude, or masks of kindness. But the ones who see the ‘true us’ are those we live with. They see our faults and the side of us that we would never show to the outside world. When talking to the sahaba (Companions) the Prophet ﷺ (peace be upon him) said, ‘The best of you are those whom are best to their families, and I am the best among you to my family’ (Tirmidhi). One of the wisdoms we can take from this is that it’s easy to be kind to people when you only have to see them a few hours a week, or even a few hours a day. It’s easy to put on a smile and make someone feel like they are worth something when you know that the show you are putting on will end soon. But it takes work, effort, and perseverance to keep up that niceness and compassion with the people you see day-in and day-out. It is with your family that your true colors show. Through the narrations and commentary of the wives of the Prophet ﷺ , we know for a fact that he was not one to wear masks nor was he one to be fake and insincere.

One of these narrations is of the time when the Prophet came bursting into the house of our mother, Khadija radi Allahu `anha (may God be pleased with her), seeking refuge from the experience he had just been through and begging her to cover him up. After listening to the story of what had occurred in the cave, which we now know was the beginning of the revelation, Khadija (ra) didn’t rush to call him a mad man, laugh at him, or even feel sorry for him. Rather, she had full confidence that something amazing was happening by the will of Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) because she knew of his noble qualities. She began to comfort him, reminding him of all the good things that he consistently did, assuring him that there is no way that Allah (swt) would abandon him or allow him to be experiencing this out of madness nor out of possession. She reminded him that he was always good to his relatives, was always true to his word, helped those who were in need, supported the weak, fed his guests and answered the calls of those who were in distress. Had this account of his actions come from extended family or even neighbors, it would be awe-inspiring, but it wouldn’t be as powerful as when it came from the lips of his wife. His wife, a woman who sees him in the different moments of his life, who sees him day and night, who knows him for who he really is when his guard may be down, testifies confidently that he is a man of honor and a man that would never let anyone down.

They say if you really want to know who a man is, ask his wife how he is at home when no strange eyes are watching. Our beloved Prophet ﷺ was the same man behind closed doors as he was in public. His deeds did not change depending on who he was with nor did it change depending on who was watching because he knew that the only One who mattered was Allah (swt), and Allah (swt) could see him no matter where he was. He was not two-faced nor did he switch between different masks. No, the Prophet ﷺ kept it real—no matter where he was.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/he-kept-it-real/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tpia5: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2011
tbaba

you are male, right?

some of your topics seem more like a female point of view.

no offence- just checking.

phrases like "missing someone" are more likely to be used by females.
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2011
He Could Relate
REEHAB RAMADAN

Many times we may fall into thinking that Allah doesn’t love us because of the trials that we are put through, but as a mercy, Allah has sent us an example that we can emulate and an opportunity for us to relate to the Prophet ﷺ on many different levels through our trials. As we go through the life of the Prophet ﷺ and see the many hardships he endured we can begin to connect to him on a more personal level. We can see that he was human: when cut he would bleed, when put in difficult situations he would feel emotional pain – but regardless, he continued to strive in the way of Allah and kept his eye on the ultimate goal, pleasing Allah and entering Jannah.

The Prophet’s ﷺ life began with a hefty trial. He entered into the world as an orphan. Not only is this hard in the general sense being that the lack of a father could affect his confidence and would undoubtedly effect the way he lived, but it was even more difficult because of the culture he was born into. He entered into a culture where lineage meant everything and orphans were dishonored. For anyone who started off life in a manner that was culturally unacceptable – be it a disability or a lineage issue – take comfort in the fact that our beloved ﷺ endured the same tribulations as you, and he overcame it by the will of Allah.

Without a father, our Prophet ﷺ only had his mother cling to. When he developed an emotional connection to her, and was old enough to remember his mother clearly, he then lost her to death as well. Imagine the emotional pain he must have felt – having already grown up without ever having contact with his own father, his mother was now gone as well. But he persevered and carried on with life. The other strong parental connection he made was with his grandfather. His grandfather loved him dearly and Prophet Mohammed ﷺ looked to him as a father figure. However, not long after his mother’s death, his grandfather passed away as well.

Have you ever lost a parent or even both parents? The Prophet ﷺ could relate.

Prophet Mohamed ﷺ continued to resiliently carry on. After the death of his grandfather, he went to live with uncle Abu Taalib and built a strong relationship with him that would be a vital aid to him in his years of calling to Islam.

When the Prophet ﷺ received the message and began to preach, he was faced with another great trial. He was ridiculed, taunted, and accused of being a mad man by many of his community members. These were people whom he once happily interacted with, shared joyous moments with, and simply lived life with.

Have you ever lost a child or been given the news that you will not be able to have children? The Prophet ﷺ could relate.

At the time of the Prophet ﷺ, having male children was seen to be essential. Having daughters was a waste of money and sometimes even a shame. Men disliked it so much that they would take their young daughters and bury them alive, hoping that the next child their wife would bear would be a son. In the midst of all this, the Prophet ﷺ had no sons that lived passed childhood. His community had no sympathy towards him and would call him Abtaar (cut off). Imagine having lost a son who meant the world to you and not only having to put up with the internal grief of the loss, but also the community stigma and hurtful words. But still, he remained steadfast.

Have you, or someone you are close to, ever been accused of something you did not do? Has your name been blotched by false rumors and untruthful tongues? The Prophet ﷺ could relate.

While the Prophet ﷺ was married to our Mother, Aisha radi Allahu ‘anha (may Allah be pleased with her), a heart-shaking occurrence took place. A man whom the father of Aisha supported and helped on a regular basis accused our beloved mother of a great sin and a great shame. Imagine, one of the most beloved people to you is accused of being unfaithful. Rumors spread about her, feelings were hurt, and hearts were shattered. Eventually her innocence was proven by a direct revelation from Allah, the most high, and her honor restored.

Have you had someone that you loved deeply return to Allah without having accepted the Message of Islam, no matter how hard you tried to convince them? The Prophet ﷺ could relate.

Another great sadness in the life of the Prophet Mohammed ﷺ was the death of his beloved Uncle. It was not just the death of the Prophet’s uncle that was saddening, but the fact that this man that was so close to the Prophet ﷺ, passed away without accepting Islam and turning to Allah in full submission. The Prophet ﷺ tried hard to get him to accept Islam, but his pride and attachment to his forefather’s religion did not allow him to utter the words of acceptance before he returned to Allah.

Have you ever been turned away from those whom you love while only trying to benefit them? The Prophet ﷺ could relate.

Humiliation, kicking out, physical hurt, verbal taunts, and so many other pains were inflicted upon the Prophet ﷺ throughout his life, making him a person we can relate to in almost every trial of our life. The above are just glimpses of the pains he felt in his life, yet he was always content, always at peace. His peace was internal, and bestowed upon him by As-Salam, the One who is peace and He who bestows peace. Often times we think, ‘I’ve been through so much – no one understands, no one can help me.’ Think again. The Prophet ﷺ went through so much in his life and continued to hold strong. He can relate to the pain and the heartbreak you are going through, he knew where to turn for help. He turned to Allah the most high. Take comfort in the fact that the Prophet ﷺ can relate to you. Follow his lead and turn to the only One who can bring everlasting peace, and have faith in the fact that this alone will relieve your pain.
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 8:13am On Dec 07, 2011
The Counselor
REEHAB RAMADAN

A sheikh recently visited our community, blowing us away with narrations of the Prophet’s ﷺ life. One thing that stood out however, was the fact that after he would give his talks, he would wait around for people to come ask him questions. He would stop and counsel anyone who needed it until we were fully satisfied before getting up to leave. A brother pointed this out to him asking why, and the sheikh responded with another gem to bring us closer to the beloved Prophet ﷺ. He said that this part – the one-on-one time – was one of the most important parts of bringing people closer to Islam, because our beloved Prophet ﷺ was not just a preacher; he was a counselor as well.

Looking at the way the Prophet ﷺ dealt with each individual shows us the wisdom and humbleness that he possessed. One of my favorite narrations is that of when a young boy came to the Prophet ﷺ and requested that fornication be made halal (lawful) for him! Simply reading over this without thought can strip it of its brilliance. Rather, take this and personalize it. Imagine yourself sitting in a masjid or at home and watching this young man walk up to a respected member of the community and shamelessly saying, ‘Please make this act of fornication that Allah has forbidden, permissible for me.’ What do you imagine the elder would say? What would the look be on his face? You can guess there would be yelling, screaming, taunting, or maybe looks of sheer disgust too. And now imagine what that reaction would do to the questioner. Would it bring him closer to the way of Allah? Would it convince him not to do the act that he is yearning for? Maybe. But most likely, it would just push him farther away.

Our beloved Prophet ﷺ understood this young man’s psychology, and instead of reacting as many of us would do by default, he acted with wisdom and embraced the role of a counselor. He came down to this boy’s level, trying to help him understand the wisdom behind not indulging in acts he thought would be fun. Instead of making him feel like an absurd and bad Muslim, he ﷺ asked some simple questions: ‘Would you like someone to do that to your mother?’ The boy replied in the negative. ‘Would you like someone to do that to your sister?’ Again, having the issue personalized he replied in the negative. ‘Would you like someone to do that to your Aunt?’ No. So, having made a personal connection, and convincing the boy logically and emotionally of why we should stay away from the forbidden act, the Prophet ﷺ then placed his hand on his chest and made du`a’ that Allah help the boy to remain chaste. Not only was this a genuine du`a’, but it also served as a reminder that no matter how convinced we are of our will to not disobey Allah, obedience is not possible without His blessings. It reminded the boy that whenever he felt the urge to commit any sin, he should turn to the One and the Only that can make it easy for him.

The Prophet of God ﷺ was more than just a preacher of ‘halal and haram’. He was the ultimate counselor, helping to replace the low feelings within the hearts of the community with a seed that, by the will of Allah, could sprout roots of loving Allah and Hoping for his aid and mercy. The Prophet ﷺ individualized his advice to people, making sure that each person was answered in the most relevant way. He made it clear that Islam is not a religion for robots – typing in a command and expecting immediate results. Rather, it is a guideline for humanity, and as humans sometimes we need encouragement and counseling to help us through the difficult times.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/the-counselor/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by chakula: 10:06am On Dec 07, 2011
tpia@:

tbaba

you are male, right?

You should respond to this question because I personally would like to know your gender.
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
chakula:

You should respond to this question because I personally would like to know your gender.

tpia@:

tbaba

you are male, right?

I am a man,
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Envisioning our Beloved
REEHAB RAMADAN

When we love someone, we crave to know every detail of their waking (and perhaps even sleeping!) lives. We want to know how they look, how they laugh, even how they dress. These are things that we love to replay over and over in our own thoughts, even dream about them—vividly recalling every minute detail that can possibly be remembered. How can we claim to love RasulAllah ﷺ (peace be upon Him) if we don’t know anything about him? How can we ever imagine him, or see him in our dreams (insha’Allah!) if we don’t know what he looked like, how he spoke, or even how he carried himself?

Books have been written on the characteristics and appearance of the Prophet ﷺ. Below is a brief snap shot of him. This does not serve as a full picture; rather it should be an encouragement to look further into the Life of the Prophet and who he was and how he looked.

His Features:

A narration by Anas, May Allah be pleased with him, brings to life the beauty and the perfection of our beloved RasulAllah. Anas describes the Prophet ﷺ by saying that he was neither tall nor was he short. His complexion was not very white nor was it very dark, a beautiful color that was in between both. His hair was neither very straight nor very curly and at the time that Anas was referring to he had no more than twenty white hairs on his blessed head and beard. Jaabir, radi Allahu anh (may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Prophet’s ﷺ face was beautifully round and bright like the sun and as handsome and comforting to look at as the moon.

Hassan bin Thaabit, a poet from Arabia, was paid off by the kuffar to go and stare at the Prophet ﷺ, then to vilify him by writing demeaning poetry about him. Poetry, unlike many other forms of expression, were memorized and spread quickly and widely throughout the community. It is for this reason that the enemies of the Prophet ﷺ found that this would be the best weapon against our beloved. Hassan bin Thaabit, finding this to be a fairly simple task, sought out the Prophet and perceived his every move trying to find the content for a slandering poem. After some time of watching the Prophet, Hassan bin Thaabit realized that he couldn’t do this. He couldn’t write a slanderous poem about a man whom he admired so much and whom he only saw good from. He returned to the enemies of the Prophet, gave them back their money, and became Muslim. He was then one of the most famous poets amongst the Muslims, and rather than write poetry against the Prophet he produced the most eloquent words praising him, like this one:

‘When I saw his light shining forth, In fear I covered my eyes with my palms, Afraid for my sight because of the beauty of his form. So I was scarcely able to look at him at all. The lights, from his light, are drowned and his face shines out like the sun and moon in one. A spirit of light lodged in a body like the moon, a mantle made up of brilliant shining stars. I bore it until I could bear it no longer. I found the taste of patience to be like bitter aloes. I could find no remedy to bring me relief other than delighting in the sight of the one I love. Even if he had not brought any clear signs with him, the sight of him would dispense with the need for them. Muhammad is a human being but not like other human beings. Rather he is a flawless diamond and the rest of mankind is just stones. Blessings be on him so that perhaps God may have mercy on us on that burning Day when the Fire is roaring forth its sparks.’

His Clothing:

RasulAllah’s favorite thing to wear was the qamees, or shirt. He had different types of clothing, but if we were to have the honor of looking at his collection of clothing, we would find that he only had one of each, never owning a pair at a time. His clothing matched that of his people (Libaas Qawmihi). When he walked down the streets his clothing did not make him seem different or foreign. He was not picky about his dress, he would wear whatever was available and easy to acquire. He encouraged people through words and actions to wear the color white and considered it the best of clothing. He always maintained cleanliness and his wives said that he did this himself, not placing this task upon his servant or wife. Even through his dress he was just and fair. He commanded us to never walk around in one shoe, leaving the other bare. Why? For fear of being unjust to the other foot. Imagine, if this was the justice he displayed to body parts, how then would he be towards full human beings?

His Manner of Walking:

Abu Huraira beautifully describes the manner in which our beloved Prophet ﷺ would walk. He said, “I did not see anyone more handsome as RasulAllah. It was as if the sun set on his face. I did not see anyone walk faster than him, as if the earth folded for him. We found it difficult to keep pace when we walked with him, and he walked at his normal pace.” This means that the Prophet would walk with a purpose. He knew where he was headed and didn’t waste any time getting there. He would square his shoulders and had a strong posture which displayed humbleness, but would not hunch over in a position of humiliation.

His Speech:

The Prophet ﷺ did not speak quickly, nor did he ramble. He was to the point and spoke word-for-word. His statements were not superfluous or wordy or inadequate. When he was making a point or saying something that was very important, he would repeat whatever he was saying three times, making sure the listener was aware of the importance. His words were so precise and so effective that anyone sitting in his presence could remember what he said. He never criticized unless to correct a wrong someone had committed. If anyone gave him food or a gift he appreciated it, even if it was small.

His Laughter:

Despite a view that ‘religious’ people should be serious and cold, Abdullah ibn Harith, a companion of the Prophet ﷺ, testified that he NEVER met anyone who smiled as much as our beloved Prophet. His smile was one that captivated the hearts and spread happiness and cheer. His laughter was a big smile which showed his molar teeth. Anas, the Prophets servant, lived with the Messenger for ten years. He saw him day and day out, yet he testified that the Prophet smiled every time he saw him. Imagine, meeting a man whom every single time you saw him he greeted you with a huge smile, sal Allahu alayhi wa salam.

His Humor:

Our beloved messenger was even humorous! There are many instances when the Prophet ﷺ would make his companions laugh to lighten the mood and make them happy. One of the sahaba once asked our Messenger about this, asking, “Oh Messenger of Allah sometimes you just sit and joke with us?” The Prophet ﷺ replied – making clear the condition of the humor he used – by saying ,”Yes, I joke with you but I only tell the truth.” He was consistent inbeing truthful in speech, as well as avoiding humiliating or hurtful content in his jests. An example is that of the joke that was related by Anas ibn Malik. He relates that a person asked RasullAllah ﷺ for a means for transporatation. Rasoolullah replied, “The baby of a camel shall be given to you.” The person said, “What shall I do with the baby of a camel O’ Messenger of Allah?” He was confused as he wanted to use it as transportation! RasulAllah replied,“Every camel is the baby of a camel!”

His Humbleness

Although the Messenger of Allah ﷺ knew his status and knew that he had been entrusted with a huge responsibility from Allah, he also knew that he was a slave of Allah and did not demand better treatment. The Prophet encouraged people to not over praise him for fear that people would exalt him like `Isa (Jesus) had been exalted. He would tell the people ‘I am a bondsman of Allah, therefore call me the bondsman of Allah and His Rasul.’ It would be very easy for someone to demand high treatment in their own home, but when Aisha was asked about the manners of RasulAllah ﷺ in the home, she replied that he was a human just like other humans, even to the extent that he would remove the lice from his own clothing, milk his own goats, and did any other housework that was needed to be done.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/envisioning-our-beloved/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 9:33am On Dec 09, 2011
What’s in a Name?
REEHAB RAMADAN | JULY 4, 2011 5:00 AM

Think of a person you consider to be very popular, someone everyone loves. Now think of all the names this person is known by – endearments or nicknames. Today, the number of names a person has is an indication of people’s love for him and his high nature. Not only that but a person’s different names often symbolize some quality of the person. For example, if a girl is called ‘smiley’ by her friends, it indicates she was always smiling; similarly if a boy is called ‘beast’ by his friends, it indicates that he is tough and fierce. A principle in the Arabic language states, “The more names an object has, the more prestigious and magnificent it is.” It is through this principle that we understand why Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) has so many names just as the Day of Judgment does as well. Similarly, our beloved Messenger ﷺ (peace be upon him) had many names and each of these names is an indication of a quality of his. We can learn a lot about our Prophet ﷺ through his names and get an idea of his honorable nature through the amount of names he had.

Mohammed:

The first name of our Messenger ﷺ is his birth name and the name we call him by the most: Mohammed. Mohammed was the name given to him by his grandfather and it means ‘the praised one’. His Grandfather, Abdul Muttalib, named him this in hopes that he would be the one who is praised in the heavens and in the earth. Abdul Muttalib’s hopes were not lost. Mohammed ﷺ is constantly praised.

He is praised by Allah (swt) and His angels:

إن الله وملائكته يصلون على النبي يا أيها الذين آمنوا صلوا عليه وسلموا تسليما

Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace. [Qur’an 33:56]

He is praised by people throughout the Earth:

He is praised in some form during the athaan (call to prayer), in the supplication after the athaan, and in the durood (said near the end of prayer which starts with ‘allahuma Sali `ala Muhammad) that is said during salah (prayer). At every second on earth, there is someone somewhere making athaan, saying the du`a’ (supplication) after the athaan, or praying—so at every second on earth there is someone somewhere praising the Messenger ﷺ.

He is praised by having many children named after him:

How many Mohammeds do you know today? Chances are, you know more than one, or have at least heard of more than one. The name ‘Mohammed’ is used widely throughout the Muslim communities and is a form of praise since one would only name their beloved child after someone who is more beloved and whom your child should strive to be like, ﷺ.

Ahmed:

Another name of our Messenger is ‘Ahmed’, which means ‘the one who praises the most’. The Prophet ﷺ was not one who was looking for a free ride. He constantly praised Allah (swt), thanked Allah (swt), and did actions that would please Allah (swt).

Al-Mahi:

RasulAllah (Messenger of Allah) ﷺ was also known as al-Mahi, or the Eliminator. This name referred to the blessing that Allah (swt) bestowed upon him, causing him to be the one by whom Allah (swt) will eliminate disbelief.

Al-Ameen:

Al-Ameen, or the trustworthy, was also a name of our beloved ﷺ. He was known to never speak a lie and he was one with whom you would always feel safe. This name was spoken about more in the article ‘A Man of Character’.

These names are just a glimpse at the many that were given to our Messenger ﷺ. Imam al-Suyuti, tried to find and count all the names of our beloved Messenger ﷺ and he found roughly 500 names! Imagine 500 names that indicate a positive quality. How many people have you met that you think deserve 500 names?

May Allah (swt) cause us to meet the beloved Messenger ﷺ and witness for ourselves the many blessed qualities that he embodies.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/what%E2%80%99s-in-a-name/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2011
Muhammad Loves You
REEHAB RAMADAN

It’s hard, living so far away from a man we love so much. It’s hard, not being able to see his blessed face ourselves, or smell the sweat smell that he was famous for emitting. It’s hard not having witnessed the epitome of human mercy. It’s hard not ever being able to hear his blessed voice reciting the Qur’an. But most of all, it’s hard not knowing—would he love me if he knew me? Take comfort, he loved you more than you could even imagine.

We know that the relationship between our beloved Messenger ﷺ (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and the companions was a very unique relationship. They loved him greatly and it was easy to see that he loved them as well. They believed in the message he brought while many of his people mocked him and belittled him. They were by his side in the tough times, willing to sacrifice their very own lives for him. Often it is easy to wish and crave that we were in their shoes, loving the Prophet ﷺ whole heartedly and being loved.

Our beloved Messenger ﷺ, a few days before the greatest calamity, his very own death, was walking by his companions (as at this time he had difficulty walking on his own) and uttered words that will fill any Muslim’s heart with joy and comfort. He said to them ‘I wish that I could meet my brothers.’ At first glance it is easy to assume that he is talking about the previous Prophets or Messengers from the past. The companions were also confused so they asked him ‘Are we not your brothers?’ He replied ‘You are my companions; my brothers are those who will believe in me, without having seen me.’

Allahu Akbar! (God is Great)

He yearned to meet us. His heart was filled with true love for us: the ones who believe in him yet have not seen him, and if there is one thing we know about his love-it’s that it is not superficial love. There is no greater feeling in this world than to love and to be loved back, now imagine loving the best of creation, and knowing for a fact that he loved you right back. Wa Alhamdulillah (and Praise be to God).

May we be included in those whom he speaks about when he says ‘my brothers are those who will believe in me without having seen me’ and may we drink from his blessed hands at the fountain on the Day of Judgment. And most of all, may we be blessed with his blessed companionship in Jannah (Paradise) and never again have to be separated from our beloved, sal Allahu alayhi wa salam.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/muhammed-loves-you/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 4:03am On Dec 13, 2011
Peace and Blessings
REEHAB RAMADAN | JULY 20, 2011 5:00 AM

Over and over again, we send blessing on the Prophet ﷺ (peace and blessings be upon him), but do we know the meaning of what we are saying or why we are even saying it? Understanding what it is that we repeat at every mention of our beloved’s name will not only increase our love for him but increase our awareness of how great this man really was.

Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) says:

“Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace.” [Qur’an, 33: 56]

Shaikh al-Sa’di says, “And in this there is an indication of the Prophet’s completeness, high rank, elevated status with Allah and His creation, and his wide fame. Indeed, Allah the Exalted and His angels confer blessings upon him, meaning that Allah praises him before the angels, and in the exalted assembly of angels due to His love for him. And the angels also praise him, make du`a’ [supplication] for him, and seek forgiveness for him in humbleness and humility. “

Subhan’Allah (glory be to God), imagine the status of our beloved! Pure, sinless angels praise him and make du`a’ for him. Not only that – our Creator praises him before these pure creations Himself!

He (Shaikh Sa’di) continues: “Oh you who believe, ask Allah to send blessings upon him and ask Allah to grant him peace. Through this you will be following the example of Allah and the angels, rewarding him for some of the rights he has upon you, completing your faith, glorifying him, loving and honoring him, increasing your good deeds, and expiating your sins.“

When should we send salah (prayers) and salam (peace)?

There is only one time that the salah and salam upon the Prophet ﷺ is mandatory, and that is in the last part of the prayer, the tashahhud (when one sits down after the last sajda). There are, however, many times that sending salah and salam upon the Prophet ﷺ are highly recommended. These include:

After hearing his name mentioned
After hearing the athaan (call to prayer)
While making du`a’
During the prayer of janaza (offered when a person dies)
During the Friday khutba (sermon)
When entering or leaving the masjid
All through the day of Jumu`ah (Friday)
When teaching and conveying knowledge
At the time of the marriage contract
In times of hardship and stress
Some of the virtues of sending salah and salam upon the Prophet ﷺ:

Fulfilling the command of Allah (swt), as in the ayah (verse) mentioned above
Following the example of Allah (swt) and the angels
Receiving ten salawaat (prayers) from Allah (swt):
The Prophet ﷺ said, “He who sends blessings on me once, Allah sends blessings on him ten times and removes from him ten sins and raises him by ten degrees.” (Nisaa`i)

Having the intercession of the Prophet ﷺ on the Day of Judgment:
The Prophet ﷺ said, “Whoever sends blessings on me ten times in the morning and ten times in the evening will have my intercession on the Day of Judgment.” (Sahih al-Jami’ as-Sagheer)

Relief from worries and sins:
Ubayy bin Ka`b relates: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, I send much blessings on you. What proportion of my prayer should I devote to (sending blessings on) you?”

He said, “As much as you like.”
I said, “A quarter?”

He said, “As much as you like, and if you increased it would only be better for you.”
I said, “Then a half?”

He said, “As much as you like and if you increased then it would only be better for you.”
I said, “Then two thirds?”

He said, “As much as you like and if you increased it would only be better for you.”

I said, “I’ll devote all of my prayers to sending blessings on you.”

The Prophet said, “In that case it will suffice you from your worries and your sins will be forgiven.” (Tirmidhi)

It increases your love for the Prophet ﷺ.
اَللّٰهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَبَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ

“O Allah! Send Your mercy on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, as You sent Your mercy on Abraham and on the family of Abraham. And send Your blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent your Blessings on Abraham and on the family of Abraham. Verily You are the Most Praise-worthy, the Most Glorious.”

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/peace-and-blessings/
Re: Missing The Man I Never Met (saw) by tbaba1234: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2011
Missing the Man I Never Met
REEHAB RAMADAN

As we’ve traveled through our journey in this series, we have covered the meaning of love, the necessity of love, and the description of the beloved himself ﷺ (peace be upon him). Now that this series has come to an end, we should take the knowledge we have gathered and reflect upon it, brewing love in our hearts, and using this as encouragement to look further into the demeanor and characteristics of our beloved Muhammad ﷺ and use this knowledge to truly miss the man we never met.

It’s a strange concept for the mind to comprehend,
but the heart beats strong and aches with no amend,
Missing him, with every beat,
Craving his presence through every defeat.

Tears pour down, for this Beloved Soul,
I want you near me now, before I lose control–
The Man who helped those in need,
the Man who, by Allah’s will, guided people away from violence and greed–

He made everyone he met feel worthy of living,
Gave them hope in Allah, the Merciful and Forgiving.
He soothed the souls and cooled the eyes,
He wouldn’t tolerate behavior filled with deceit and hurtful lies.

Today I close my eyes, and imagine him near.

I’ve never seen his face, but his silhouette I can see clear.

What would He do today, if He was here with us
to witness the deceit–the lies–the human lives lead by lusts?

I ask Allah to forgive you and me tonight.
May He cause us to be of those who in His cause we fight­­–
not a fight with swords–guns and other weapons­–
the fight of a soul who is preparing to be reckoned.

It’s a strange concept for the mind to comprehend,
but the heart beats strong and aches with no amend,
Missing him, with every beat,
Craving his presence through every defeat.

Missing the man I never met–
But even that aching pain is a God-send.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/missing-the-man-i-never-met/

(1) (Reply)

Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! / Lagos Muslims Leaders Join Protests / New York Times Enraged Over Showing Of Film On Stealth Jihad To NYPD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.