Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56874 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Hunkyimage(m): 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Y r dis NTA News ppl discussing abt Nigeria-Canada Embassy tingzzz,hope say e no b because of dis issue-o??

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by londoner: 5:57am On Aug 27, 2013
Sagamite:

One of the main problems is because we have fucktards like Jonathan running the country.

Fucktards like him and his civil servant, pot-bellied, hippopotamus wife are too incompetent to even think of creating avenues for people to complain about civil servants. As a civil servant, as long as you know you will get away with whatever you do especially relating to customer services (as long as you don't give a bad one to a connected big man/woman) then you (especially if you are a product of a failed education system with little morals like most Nigerians) would take the piss, not give a shiit and treat people like animals.

The times I went to see the Ambassador at the embassy, by the time I came out? Jesus Lord, Father God, my arsse was clean. My arsse had never been that clean before. It was smelling like the rich wife of a Saudi billionaire. Cleaner than the desk of Obama in the Oval office. IT WAS WELL LICKED BY THE EMBASSY STAFF!

Dem see person wey get appointment with Ambassador, wey dey for im dairy, dem liiiiiicked my bum bum. I never knew Nigerians had that much courtesy.

When Nigerians think you have power and can report them, they will up their performance. They will not be abusing their power. But the fucktards like Jonathan that should care about that and see to it, don't give a shiiit because they don't care. They know it would never happen to them and their family. They are Big Men! Just like they know they can always fly to Germany for treatment, they don't have to use the junk hospitals they give Nigerians, so they don't care about improving the standard. But they want and make sure fucktards like Chinom are proud of Nigeria so they face no shame and can always tell their peers abroad that they are performing because Nigerians are happy and proud! grin

I see your point, but for me, the problem with Nigeria is the lack of good basic home training. The way manners are disregarded and the fact that people dont live by a personal moral code.

It ha more to do with upbringing than he president
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2013
londoner:
I see your point, but for me, the problem with Nigeria is the lack of good basic home training. The way manners are disregarded and the fact that people dont live by a personal moral code.

It ha more to do with upbringing than he president

I think upbringing has less effect than culture on individuals.

It is the national culture that has the greatest impact on the moral code. Most human beings are really like sheep and only know how to follow like mugus. No matter how much home training their parents give them, a larger fraction would be influenced by their environment, which can thwart majority of the values of their home bringing. Human beings are too reetarded to think, they would follow any fad that those they respect/admire teach them. For example many Nigerian parents in the UK can raise their wards to think homosexuality is wrong, but with the immense pressure and power popular culture (including so-called "stars" ) is forcing pro-homosexuality on everyone, you would see many Nigerian wards just follow and be pro-homosexuals. This pro-homosexuality is well-backed by the media, which even makes it more powerful in over-riding the home upbringing. The wards want to feel part of the popular and want to be accepted by the popular culture.

National culture can mainly be changed or set by the leaders, not followers. They are the ones that are most visible in regards of the values they espouse, they set the power structures and reward mechanisms, they promote the public images, and they help circulate inspirational stories. These are all levers of culture setting.

When a president can pardon a public disgrace like Alams, he is setting the values of society.

When a president gives national awards to criminals and nothing to those that are silently positive to society, he is setting the values of society.

When a president's government gives major contracts to criminals and corrupt people hencing enriching them, he is setting the values of society.

When a president opens the door of Aso Rock to convicted criminals like Bode George as guest, he is setting the values of society.

When a president can not set rules and structures that aid efficiency (e.g. having a complaint department for every civil service function), hence leaving people to behave as they wish, he is setting the values of society.

When the most prominent people and those whose so-called "success stories" you hear are shady people like Dan Etete, Reuben Abati and Bello Adoke, he is setting the values of society.

The values of society this Silverback person is setting is "crime pays, is respectable and is rewarded". Majority of people would follow that value system because they don't have the powers to change it, majority are not intelligent enough or have the strong personality to challenge popular culture. The average human being is not a leader, they are followers. Their philosophy is "I no get heart to beat them, so I go join them". Worse is when the local media are too useless to challenge the values set by the president (especially when they are buyable with brown envelopes to help propagate the "positives" of the president's incompetent and criminal approach). And other leaders like Pastors are happy to welcome the criminals in churches and pray for them, and even tell people to emulate them like one recently said to the congregation to emulate the jailed Ibori.

Furthermore, as long as this is the value system being set by the leaders for the society, majority of parents would not instil values that heavily differ and which would make their kids uncompetitive in the society. They will teach them values that makes them succeed and rewarded in their [criminal] society ESPECIALLY in a society with limited/tiny rewards (low alternatives) and where winner takes all like Nigeria.

You would hardly ever see all that presidential value setting in Western countries. Criminals are jailed, chastised and relegated to the background, that is why their culture is not as miasmic as Nigeria's.

Presidents are very powerful. Hitler got a whole nation to go out and kill innocent people and fight a stuupid war.

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by jaybee3(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2013
Saga is back whipping. yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
How you been bro?

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2013
jay bee: Saga is back whipping. yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
How you been bro?

Mo wa, bruv. cheesy

How iyawo and pikinis?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by yormite: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Reference: And are those who mess up the system not our (her) fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, colleagues, friends, fellow compatriots of every class, tribe and tongue.

What has an innocent little green booklet with your serious looking face and details have to do with our collective failures. Do you destroy your toilet because it cannot flush.

This is the typical response of an indolent, self centred person, the likes that have brought this country to its knees. Does she know what it meant, what it took, what it cost in blood, sweat and tears to obtain and keep an american or canadian passport over two hundred years ago when the British were pursuing them from pillar to post.

Lazy McDonalds generation. Can't engineer nothing. Pathetic.
we knw sort dat we are mc Donald generation but ur generation failed us and left us with nothing to build upon
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by yormite: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Reference: And are those who mess up the system not our (her) fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, colleagues, friends, fellow compatriots of every class, tribe and tongue.

What has an innocent little green booklet with your serious looking face and details have to do with our collective failures. Do you destroy your toilet because it cannot flush.

This is the typical response of an indolent, self centred person, the likes that have brought this country to its knees. Does she know what it meant, what it took, what it cost in blood, sweat and tears to obtain and keep an american or canadian passport over two hundred years ago when the British were pursuing them from pillar to post.

Lazy McDonalds generation. Can't engineer nothing. Pathetic.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by jaybee3(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Sagamite:

Mo wa, bruv. cheesy

How iyawo and pikinis?
Welcome back from your AWOL

Dem dey oh ma guy
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
Sagamite:

Mo wa, bruv. cheesy

How iyawo and pikinis?
to God who made me I swear you are highly talented in writing!! you are too good highly technical. mehn your level of reasoning is far above majority of the fellas here including myself.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by UyiIredia(m): 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.

Geez. Nigeria will never be a great nation as long as its citizens continue to think like this.

'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by toorich: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2013
this is exactly the same situation i faced in the Nigerian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, the embassy is an extension of the ethnic, corrupt, callous and unprofessional attitude of Nigerian leaders. the new address of nigerian embassy in abu dhabi is not even updated on the website since 3 months, they close 1pm daily and they don't work 5 days of the week, i don't think there is any monitoring.

well, i promised myself never to return there.

OP, you wont blame the lady cos she said that, it is freaky frustrating and embarrassing to smell that nigerian "thing" when u r in a foreign country.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Geez. Nigeria will never be a great nation as long as its citizens continue to think like this.

'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'

Oh please!! forget that quote, it has passed it sale-by-date, it does not apply to current situation.

Now it should be: Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by londoner: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2013
[b][/b]
Sagamite:

I think upbringing has less effect than culture on individuals.

It is the national culture that has the greatest impact on the moral code. Most human beings are really sheep and only know how to follow like mugus. No matter how much home training their parents give them, a larger fraction would be influenced by their environment, which can thwart majority of the values of their home bringing. Human beings are too reetarded to think, they would follow any fad that those they respect/admire teach them. For example many Nigerian parents in the UK can raise their wards to think homosexuality is wrong, but with the immense pressure and power popular culture (including so-called "stars" ) is forcing pro-homosexuality on everyone, you would see many Nigerian wards just follow and be pro-homosexuals. This pro-homosexuality is well-backed by the media, which even makes it more powerful in over-riding the home upbringing. The wards want to feel part of the popular and want to be accepted by the popular culture.

National culture can mainly be changed or set by the leaders, not followers. They are the ones that are most visible in regards of the values they espouse, they set the power structures and reward mechanisms, they promote the public images, and they help circulate inspirational stories. These are all levers of culture setting.

When a president can pardon a public disgrace like Alams, he is setting the values of society.

When a president gives national awards to criminals and nothing to those that are silently positive to society, he is setting the values of society.

When a president's government gives major contracts to criminals and corrupt people hencing enriching them, he is setting the values of society.

When a president opens the door of Aso Rock to convicted criminals like Bode George as guest, he is setting the values of society.

When a president can not set rules and structures that aid efficiency (e.g. having a complaint department for every civil service function), hence leaving people to behave as they wish, he is setting the values of society.

When the most prominent people and those whose so-called "success stories" you hear are shady people like Dan Etiti, Reuben Abati and Bello Adoke, he is setting the values of society.

The values of society this Silverback person is setting is "crime pays, is respectable and is rewarded". Majority of people would follow that value system because they don't have the powers to change it, majority are not intelligent enough or have the strong personality to challenge popular culture. The average human being is not a leader, they are followers. Their philosophy is "I no get heart to beat them, so I go join them". Worse is when the local media are to useless to challenge the values set by the president (especially when they are buyable with brown envelopes to help propagate the "positives" of the presidents approach). And other leaders like Pastors are happy to welcome the criminals in churches and pray for them, and even tell people to emulate them like one recently said to the congregation to emulate the jailed Ibori.

Furthermore, as long as this is the value system being set by the leaders for the society, majority of parents would not instil values that heavily differ and would make their kids uncompetitive in the society. They will teach them values that makes them succeed and rewarded in their society ESPECIALLY in a society with limited/tiny rewards (low alternatives) and where winner takes all like Ngieria.

You would hardly ever see all that presidential value setting in Western countries. Criminals are jailed, chastised and relegated to the background, that is why their culture is not as miasmic as Nigeria's.

Presidents are very powerful. Hitler got a whole nation to go out and kill innocent people and fight a stuupid war.

Well we are describing the same thing, just at different stages.

If it was government alone, counteries that have sane and principled governments would not have any citizen who does not reflect its good values.

I dont disagree with what you are saying, but I think we under estimate parental stewardship.

Why would a man when he gets to adult age, not dine with thieves, if he has grown up seeing it?

Some even in the home.

I'm sure we all know, that you dont have to go as far as the president or the rich politician to see corruption.

It a way of life for many people in Nigeria, even children.....In fact in many cases if you are not corrupt when the opportunity arises for you to gain from it, your own family will tell you you are a fool.

I really doubt that our politicians were all honest men and women right up until the day they got into the corridoors of power.

They would have seen corruption way before that.

You are right, we are creatures of habit and we follow what we see most often, whther it is homosexuality or bribery etc. If people are following the dishonest way, its because that makes up the majoriy of what they have seen and heard, especially in their formative years.

It is everywhere you look....From the child, to the pupil, to the house help, to the lecturer, to the doctor to the president......All play their part and many feel overhwhelmed by the EXPECTATION of corruption in all its forms and go against a mighty sea to walk the honest path.

If people had examples of honesty and uprightness in the overwhelming majority of those around them
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by londoner: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2013
^^^^^ dont know what happened with the multiple posting.....sorry guys....lol
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2013
^^^^ ..sorted.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by londoner: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2013
justwise: ^^^^ ..sorted.

Cheers....how did you do that btw?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Aggrippa:
to God who made me I swear you are highly talented in writing!! you are too good highly technical. mehn your level of reasoning is far above majority of the fellas here including myself.

Thanks, bruv.

I throway salute.

londoner:

Na section moderator na.

londoner: [b][/b]

Well we are describing the same thing, just at different stages.

If it was government alone, counteries that have sane and principled governments would not have any citizen who does not reflect its good values.

I dont disagree with what you are saying, but I think we under estimate parental stewardship.

Why would a man when he gets to adult age, not dine with thieves, if he has grown up seeing it?

Some even in the home.

I'm sure we all know, that you dont have to go as far as the president or the rich politician to see corruption.

It a way of life for many people in Nigeria, even children.....In fact in many cases if you are not corrupt when the opportunity arises for you to gain from it, your own family will tell you you are a fool.

I really doubt that our politicians were all honest men and women right up until the day they got into the corridoors of power.

They would have seen corruption way before that.

You are right, we are creatures of habit and we follow what we see most often, whther it is homosexuality or bribery etc. If people are following the dishonest way, its because that makes up the majoriy of what they have seen and heard, especially in their formative years.

It is everywhere you look....From the child, to the pupil, to the house help, to the lecturer, to the doctor to the president......All play their part and many feel overhwhelmed by the EXPECTATION of corruption in all its forms and go against a mighty sea to walk the honest path.

If people had examples of honesty and uprightness in the overwhelming majority of those around them

You are right but that is why I said:

"Furthermore, as long as this is the value system being set by the leaders for the society, majority of parents would not instil values that heavily differ and which would make their kids uncompetitive in the society. They will teach them values that makes them succeed and rewarded in their [criminal] society ESPECIALLY in a society with limited/tiny rewards (low alternatives) and where winner takes all like Nigeria."

I have always said it several times (and it is not arrogance, it is an observable fact) that a vast majority of people on Earth are fucktards, so you would be demanding too much of them to teach their wards something different from the pervading and extant value system.

Why?

Because:

1) Fucktards struggle to have independent thinking. They just follow. They are not used to thinking or exercising their brain, nor do they feel like doing such.

2) Fucktards do not have the intellectual rigour to devise upbringing solutions to teach their kids to overcome and subvert the wrong values and still be successful in the society. Such solutions would require thinking through very complex issues. Too complex for their brain. So they just go for the easy: that is imitate, not innovate.

3) Furthermore, a model where you don't have to compete on merit would sound and feel enticing to fucktards. Fucktards feel more comfortable with non-meritorious social models because they can get more from it than they would get from meritorious societies. Hence sub-consciously, they are more willing to accept and embrace the dysfunctional and dishonest society.

It is not only in Africa you have fucktards. Fucktards are in the UK too, we only do not see it that much because they are well trained and groomed to follow leaders that care.

That said, you will observe fucktards in the UK following the whole liberal thing. "Everything goes" is the philosophy to show one is liberal and progressive, irrespective of the lack of logic and the indirect consequences and problems it causes.

I was laughing recently when Gove (Education Secretary) said that Teachers should teach students respect as children are giving people no respect in society.

Really? grin grin grin grin

After the fcking liberals destroying the country are the ones that killed the logic of kids respecting adults? It was "fashionable" and "cool" when it was suggested and adopted na. grin grin grin Which teachers are going to teach them respect? The same ones that the kids have been taught to lose respect for and some few would not hesitate to slap? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
londoner:

Used the 'Modify' button.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by LeJeun3: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
. See as U talk am......... you go force the country to take it?
Uyi Iredia:

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sagamite:

A person like this with a poor education and poverty that has affected the nourishment and development of his brain will never get it.

The cretin does not know why he is "paying hard" for his MBs.

Apart from his poverty, it is also because of his government and nation that could not give a shiiit about him as I stated below in an earlier post and the Oyinbo stated by saying Nigerians want 100% of everything. What Nigeria mainly offers is negativity in your life.

In GREAT Britain, you will never be paying hard. Why?

1) Because you are richer.

2) Because the government gives a shiiit about you. No company can come and be charging you money anyhow they feel. The government would be on their case. They have set up structures, systems and processes to make life easy, fair and just for its people.

They have set up bodies like the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), the Competition Commission (CC), Office of Communications (Ofcom) and Ombudsman Services (with an office for Telecoms). Note these are examples for the Telecoms industry, other bodies would exist for other industries. With a combination of these bodies, dem no born any company or industry well to think they can just come to GREAT Britain and milk the people. The government would be on their case like hawks and eagles ready to tear them apart. GREAT Britain is not like your Nigerian Shithole where the government officials are probably part of the shareholders telling them to finish you because they want 100%.

3) Apart from government establishments, there will also be numerous Consumer Advocacy bodies (like "Which?" or the Citizens Advice Bureau) arguing for the citizens and pressuring the firms to reduce their charges.

4) The industry body of the firms itself would also be the one telling them to reduce your cost and increase the quality of service because that is the culture.

The difference between GREAT Britain's social philosophy and the shithole called Nigeria is:

"GREAT Britain does everything possible to make its citizens life as easy as possible without breaking capitalism rules too much. Shithole Nigeria does everything possible to make its citizens life as frustrating as possible without breaking human rights laws too much."

But this person is proud of Nigeria. grin

"AHHH, WE ARE GIIIAAAANT OF AFRICA" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

EVIDENCE!!!

This is what I was telling that person called Chinom earlier. grin

GREAT Britain is not like the shithole called Nigeria. The government cares about people and you can't come and be milking people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23860805

In the next 2 years, they will tear these companies apart. Break them up into smaller bits and create an atmosphere where the bits have to compete with each other, hence driving prices down.

Listen to my favourite business journalist, Robert Peston:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23862212

What would be the remedies?

"Well, it [the Competition Commission] recommends forced sales of [the private] hospitals where this would improve competition - and its preliminary view is that these divestitures should be by HCA in London and by BMI and Spire elsewhere.

Such mandated disposals would be fatuous where a hospital has a total local monopoly, in that this would simply transfer ownership of the monopoly. So it wants to limit the pricing power of the bigger hospital groups by forcing them to negotiate deals with insurers on a hospital-by-hospital basis, rather than nationally."

GREAT Britain!!!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
Nigeria has one of the worst foreign policy,in the world.Our incompetence was what was on display here.However,we should guide our utterances with commonsense and stop dancing naked in front of the pope.It takes just one economic crunch,and a new nationalist policy of xenophobia is covertly allowed.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
These are the kinds of success stories person leaders like Jonathan give us:

http://saharareporters.com/article/opportunity-cost-tompolo%E2%80%99s-private-jet-kikiowo-ileowo
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 11, 2013
Nicepoker: u sound lyk sum 1 whose sense of reasoning is generated from the a.n.u.s

grin grin grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sheryf01(m): 2:28am On Oct 25, 2013
U nid not blame the poor girl. U nid to be in her shoes to understand her. $300 isn't 300 naira and the value is quite higher than 45000 back home esp wen u av to work so hard and legitimately for every cent. Moreover,she's stl a student and stranded in a place whr she's prob all alone without help. Sm pple nid to learn reason before criticizing.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by tpia5: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
its her choice and her prerogative.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ojdollars(m): 8:22am On Oct 27, 2013
@ The All Grammatical and Intelligent Suppose Local Nigerians living in Nigeria... I don't blame you all because you were not in the girls shoes or place of treatment melted to her. I live in Dallas, Texas and the same thing happened to me. This Nigerian Ambassadors or Diplomatic personnel don't give a shit like Mr.President about the plight of Nigerians living abroad. They talk to people anyhow and treat people like they worth nothing. I lost my Passport, got a police report from Dallas PD and called Atlanta after many weeks of communication from back to back on how to get a re-issued passport and finally instructed me to go to San Antonio which is nearly 6hrs away to visit their personnel in an Hotel somewhere in SA... Went there with all the Money Order they demanded I bring along when coming to their intervention, which include penalty for loosing my passport amounting $370usd as the fee and then another $100+ for other fees. And $65 for a fee online and return envelope paid. I spent nearly $600usd. Got to San Antonio and told me that they do not have the Machine to process my Passport that is already in their Database (DB) and only needed to be reprinted as the process of the re-issuing. I explained to them with a very calm voice, pleaded with them that I drove nearly 600Miles from Dallas to this place leaving Biz and work to get there. But all that fell in a deaf ear and they refer me back to Atlanta which covers this Jurisdiction. I went with an American friend of mine and she just couldn't believe it, tears came out of her eyes for me Hahahaha, she hasn't seen any Nation melting such manner of treatment to Her own Citizen that made it the Nation she is. I didn't do nothing, I just let all that Gas Money wasted, time wasted and some other issues.

The Nigeria Presidency needs to step up their Game.. It doesn't cost a $1 bill to call this people to Order, they are your Employees appointed by you and recommended to you by your God Fathers or Senate or House Of Rep Pally. Is just a phone call or an email, for I know that there are many Prominent Nigerians who come to Nairaland everyday and are reading and viewing this thread. It's good you showed some concern and patriotism and opened this thread for your viewing pleasure or to satisfy your curiosity trying to find out why this woman said she would tear up her Nigerian passport. The Maltreatment of Nigerians in Diaspora is too much, they don't even know that they put their own life at risk with such bad attitude, why because Nigerians are cool headed people, do this to an American or an African who has Americanized or Canadianized, they would shoot you and leave you to die in your car from your windshield. Let's treat other folks right, other nations are watching, people expect more from us as a Nation that prides itself as the Giant Of AFRICA with no standard backing the claim.

If you're in Govt, please spread the word to your colleagues in the right department and all of that. I will do my best to send this Video and other complaints alike to the Department of Justice, the Nigerian Senate and House Of Rep through online resources that would aid in getting the right addresses. It won't cost a thing, just want the voice of those innocent and Brave Nigerians to be heard. We are people of Love, unity, happiness and progress, we would not let a few take that which bound us together from us. No Matter What Happens... I'M Proud To Be A Nigerian...
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
optimusprime2:
Mtchew... Something that my sister used her own to wrap roasted corn back in 2011... Sha, I dey wait for my turn.
Your turn don reach?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2016
SeyiGodspower:
What a moronic way of reasoning from a prisoner of mental slavery! Even if you burn your birth certificate issued for you in Nigeria here who cares? You can equally burn your certificates obtained from Nigerian institution if any, all well and good. Nobody is holding you back from going to canada your country of servitude where you are regarded not even as fourth class citizen but as nonentity. The Lord shall return the captivity of Nigeria and mine shall be better in Nigeria my land of unlimited and unrestricted freedom.
What is this one saying?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ugosample(m): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Chinom:
When the cat is away, the mouse will play. They're all comming out now. The bunch of losers the gave that ridiculous post from Afam 166 likes. Go back and read that post again. My position is very simple. IF YOU HATE NIGERIA THAT MUCH, STAY THE F*UCK AWAY. WE DON'T NEED YOU PEOPLE.

Will you still say this now in 2016?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Modecaih: 6:22pm On Mar 27
Naw you know why
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by SuperOnyi: 7:43pm On Mar 27
Afam4eva:
it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.

shocked

This comment was made in 2013, this shows that Nigeria has never been better. It just gets worst as time passes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.