Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56876 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
na for her pocket, I bet she said that out of Anger and might even be wishing she never said it. I myself could say worst when am fully charged
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by dangiwa09(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
While her frustration is shared and understandable, the threat by her, of tearing and burning her Nigerian passport later, is enough reason NOT to EVER issue her one at this time.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by blackmann(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.

Why do you people talk just to talk? Wouldn't you too feel the same way if u were in her shoes? Besides, they are the ones at fault for not informing them not to come on that day. like they all said, nothing prevents them from contacting them before they made their trips. Even put the notice on their website. it is all as a result of the failing state of the nation. I wonder what the Ambassador for Nigeria to Canada has to say about this. And you say she is not okay upstairs. Nigerians and their ways of thinking sha.

13 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by gramci: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
So, what you waiting for?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by cold(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
On occasion,it can be really exasperating being a Nigerian. We can't even get the simplest of tasks right. What is wrong with the black man?

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by akandea(m): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
I don't like calling names but what is my business in the matter. My only question to the girl is that what or who is stopping her. Mtshew!!!!

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by greatwaters: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Obinna, abeg give me one lighter from your shop, someone wants to burn her Nigerian passport. Smh

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by defashan: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan should recall the Nigerian high commissioner to Canada.
Infact canada should borrow a leaf from Gov Fashola and deport that failed and annoying goat called Ojo Maduekwe who is embarrassing us in canada.
He should take his incompetency to onitsha head bridge.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by optimusprime2(m): 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mtchew...
Something that my sister used her own to wrap roasted corn back in 2011...
Sha, I dey wait for my turn.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Diasporan(m): 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
I feel her pain and agony.But if she should tear and burn her passport after becoming a Canadian citizen that will be pouring salt on injury cause she will still be met by same situation when she go to the embassy to secure a visa to come into Nigeria considering the fact that her parent are still back home.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by alphaconde(m): 4:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Desperate yankee wanna be... Very soon canada will reject her, zaire will be ur only option.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by defashan: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
akandea: I don't like calling names but what is my business in the matter. My only question to the girl is that what or who is stopping her. Mtshew!!!!

Pray you never be in her shoes otherwise you vandalise and do worse than those onitsha head bridge boys at Nigeria embassy in Senegal.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Double27: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
What difference will it make? will it change the face that 9ja blood flows through your vein? chill nothing is wrong in being a Nigerian.
We will get there soon.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Konjour(m): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
amanikondo:

What is symbolic in ORDINARY NIGERIAN PASSPORT ?

Tear a Briton's National passport, a North American's passport, an Indian's passport, or a Chinese man's passport, heck tear a South African man's passport, after tearing the passports, burn it and gift wrap the ashes back to them. Then, come back to this thread, quote this post,ask me again and I will tell you.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by PlayLover: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
before i left Nigeria i used to think that the Embassy was a "home away from home" as it is called until i stepped into the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing, i just arrived china and i heard we had an embassy, i went there to familiarize myself with how things are done, i tried to sit down, just to sit down oh! the girl at the reception said, "please sir don't sit down, if you sit down, one oga wey dey inside go come tell you to stand up"...! my point is, i cant even "sit down" in a Nigerian Embassy, she den asked what is your problem? visa problem? i said "i had no problem" she said well, we have to talk standing on foot. Nigerian Embassies all over the world are in shambles. even Ghanaians and Kenyans whom we presume are smaller countries receive better consular services

15 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by jmoore(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria doesn't need those that can't help to change the country to a better place.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by obinoral(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
It is your money now.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by dareyking(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
If u knw the Subject matter is 'Unpatriotic'...jst press 'Like'....Darelee on Nairalee..
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by BigSamX(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
d lady s nt @ fault na....she s just tired of livin a miserable life here in 9ja;hence it doesnt call 4 burnin her birthright tho
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
a bad home will never remain a home for anyone,a good home remains home not a home remains home,you call a country where millions of youths are un-employed?where millions of nigerian students have being sitting at home for the past 30 days?where there has not being even 24 hrs un-interrupted power supply all over the country?a country where our leaders steal billions and they still show their face on tv smiling with confidence?a home where almost all the roads are bad?a home where poverty has become a hobby?a home where the price of commodities and other things are always going up?a home where one cannot sleep with two eyes closed because of bad security?a home where you see a masters holder collecting 20000 naira per month?a home where doctors do even go on strike?a home where some patient die when being rushed to the hospital due to the fact that the doctors said they were not going to give the patient treatment until they pay some money for the medical treatment?a home where a poor person steals a 5naira biscuit and he is sent to prison but a rich man steals billions of naira and was not even arrested and even if he was arrested he would be given a bail that is not even up to one percent of the stolen money and they still come out boldly to tell us that justice has being served?is that what you call home bro?

26 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by obuji: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
Wether she said it out of anger or frustration. Of what use is your Nigerian passport after becoming a citizen of Canada or USA anyways? You can travel to Nigeria any day you want with Canadian or USA passport.
If you have ever been in her shoes, you will understand that keeping and renewing the stupid passport doesn't worth it. The thing is that most of this our Nigerian who have been stocked in the country for the longest doesn't really understand the kind of situation Nigeria is into. They have no place to compare Nigeria with.
So how do you guys even understand when it is important for APC to take over or PDP to continue??
I pity for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Darius2000: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
i_laugh: who cares?

The most insensitive and selfish comment I've read here in a long while.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Diasporan(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Mtchew...
Something that my sister used her own to wrap roasted corn back in 2011...
Sha, I dey wait for my turn.
Story.Hardly will u see a Nigerian throw away his or her passport.Are u ready to go que up at the embassy to get a visa to come to your own country?secondly does your so called sister also que to get the Nigerian visa after using it to wrap roasted corn?We can't be deceived by rants like yours.Go to various airports and u will see Nigerians flaunting their P just to jet into Naija.I know you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
all of you saying "nigerian embassy officials are pathetic" should better wake up.
this is the mediocrity you all signed up for in 1970. " no victor,no vanquished!" cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Please if u want to leave Nigeria go...u ar not needed..what av u given to Naija..people who av made impact here don't complain..it's d lazy goats who want to b fed that keep complaining..we are Running 200m..won't it b nice if u jst leave n stop complaining..i assure u...u won't b missed or even noticed @ D likes of Afam n co n generation n lineage.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Diasporan(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
obuji: Wether she said it out of anger or frustration. Of what use is your Nigerian passport after becoming a citizen of Canada or USA anyways? You can travel to Nigeria any day you with Canadian or USA passport.
If you have ever been in her shoes, you will understand that keeping and renewing the stupid passport doesn't worth it.
It's not easy the way u just said it.Even with an American or Canadian passport you will need the Nigerian visa to get into Nigeria.Nobody likes going through that stress.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
I understand what the lady is going thru...Let me tell you my own story which is not even as frustration as hers. I went to another town to get PTDF scholarship scratch card for me and my friends. I took my effort, time and money to get my documents in order for application to 2 UK schools. I got admission. Do you knw that up till now PTDF despite having shortlisting candidates is yet to do any sort of selection process for a session that is going to start in September? The worst is that they can't even contact us since march when we applied that they are cancelling or postponing the selection process. I saw in one thread that some people are still hoping for an interview. Today is 24th August and that is not realistic. It's just a shame. To think that someone somewhere is collecting money from youths (many unemployed) to buy cars and other extravagancies is SO ANNOYING. And yet nothing will be done. This is corruption. Sometimes I regret being born in this country. Can someone please highlight just one benefit of being a Nigerian?

8 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Might as well do the same
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ojimbo(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol, what carried to canada when u see that your country is on fire? if i ever see you in nigeria again, God i pray that when next i come to this earth, i will still like to be a nigerian, "abeg driver take me to ajegunle make i go shop nkwobi with point and kill" how does that concerns me, i no even get id card talk more of international passport, make i see who go deport me for ajegunle wey i dey

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by segan007: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
some bunch of creep say alot so rubbish here..na dem faulty say you still dey Nigeria and cant travel..
I dont have Nigerian passport anymore,,that is a good thing..because Nigerian embassy overseas is full of bullshit like it or not..love Nigeria is your cup of tea ..AS FOR ME i am done..THOSE OF YOUR SAYING RUBBISH ABUSING THOSE BEING INTERVIEWED Bleep YOU...............

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.