Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (10782 Views)

To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / The Glamour Of Atheism / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
italo:

You could say so...even though some scientists would tell you that you dont really exist so there is really no math or logic.

Some scientists say...

In spite of what "some" scientists say, the reality is glaring. So far we have accepted our existence, and that of logic/mathematics.

Now to the validity of our senses. By accepting truths as independent from us, we impliedly accept an objective world, which we are part of. Our senses access raw naked data, but our perception interprets these data in form of an inductive experience.

And how we get to use our perceptions correctly creates Science.

But how do we know God exists?!

God can ONLY exist as a Creator, right?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:08am On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
This guy is not serious.

That has never been the explanation of human evolution and its evidence. Thre is fossil evidence and dna evidence to prove evolution- not just because it is in a science journal.

Your question has been duly answered, now answer mine

There are miraculous proofs of God, not just because the Bible says so.

You are unable to show me how these laws/principles prove you more logical than anyone else.

My answer to your question. I neither believe nor disbelieve the toothfairy. I simply dont care about it.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Kay 17:

In spite of what "some" scientists say, the reality is glaring. So far we have accepted our existence, and that of logic/mathematics.

They would also say the reality is glaring that we, math and logic dont really exist.

Kay 17:
Now to the validity of our senses. By accepting truths as independent from us, we impliedly accept an objective world, which we are part of. Our senses access raw naked data, but our perception interprets these data in form of an inductive experience.

And how we get to use our perceptions correctly creates Science.

?

Sometimes our senses access raw naked data of God. E.g seeing and hearing him or things or people related to him. Other times, our perceptions access much more than raw naked data. E.g, love. We know love exists without resorting to raw naked data.

Kay 17:

But how do we know God exists?!

God can ONLY exist as a Creator, right?

God is creator but he is also Father, Lover, Friend, etc.

We know him because we have seen him and his works. We have heard him and his works. We have felt him and his works. We have heard what our ancestors in the faith taught and have found God to be just like that.

E.g: They told us that God can suspend the laws of nature and we have found it to be true.

How do you explain the incorruptibles and the miraculous cures at Lourdes that are examined by scientists of all creeds and certified to be beyond nature?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

There are miraculous proofs of God, not just because the Bible says so.

You are unable to show me how these laws/principles prove you more logical than anyone else.

My answer to your question. I neither believe nor disbelieve the toothfairy. I simply dont care about it.

There are no miracles outside the bible. Infact, all miracles claimed by churches have been debunked so far.

I never said i was more logical than anyone. You have nothing and this is why you run to strawmen. The rules of logic are quite clear. For example, saying that no true Nigerian will eat eba with stew is a fallacy because it falls under the "no true scotman fallacy"- clearly, a Nigerian doing such wouldnt stop him from being a Nigerian.

You are asking a question that you have already solved yourself. "How do we know that one statement is more logical than the other?"

How do you know that this statement is illogical;

"The catholic church is a ped.ophile church because of ped.ophile priests"
======================

Now answer my damn question!! I am asking for the last time
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2013
@logicboy, I answered your question in the last part of my previous post.

There are countless miracles every minute.

No miracle claimed by the Church has been debunked.

You hold yourself more logical than religious people. But you are unable to show these through these laws and principles of logic. Its not strawman.

Everybody claims they are logical and their adversary illogical based on the laws and principles of logic. Who is to arbitrate?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 08, 2013
italo: @logicboy, I answered your question in the last part of my previous post.

You hold yourself more logical than religious people. But you are unable to show these through these laws and principles of logic. Its not strawman.

Everybody claims they are logical and their adversary illogical based on the laws and principles of logic. Who is to arbitrate?

What is with you and strawmen? I wont address your lousy accusations

My point here has been made. There are rules of logic and fallacies we use to point out weak arguments.

Now, answer my question- list 3 reasons why you are agnostic or disbelieve in the toothfairy
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2013
italo: @logicboy, I answered your question in the last part of my previous post.

2+2=4 is open to interpretion?
Logic itself isn't subjective. Axioms (for lack of a better word), on the other hand, could be. Note; 'could'

Aren't you tired of dancing? Show which axioms are subjective or SHARRAP
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is with you and strawmen? I wont address your lousy accusations

My point here has been made. There are rules of logic and fallacies we use to point out weak arguments.

Now, answer my question- list 3 reasons why you are agnostic or disbelieve in the toothfairy

You interpret the rules to suit your position; others interpret the rules to suit their position.

It doesnt make you any more logical than they.

I asnswered your question in post 417.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2013
wiegraf:

2+2=4 is open to interpretion?
Logic itself isn't subjective. Axioms (for lack of a better word), on the other hand, could be. Note; 'could'

Aren't you tired of dancing? Show which axioms are subjective or SHARRAP

I dont know what you are talking about.

I do know, however, that various people hold on to contradictory positions and declare their positions to be in conformity with logic.

What you have failed to do is tell me why your understanding of 'conformity to objective logic' should be adopted by all the world.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 11:19am On Sep 08, 2013
@italo

Ok. Good. You can see God.

Before we can suggest God exists, God is foremost a Creator, and we must be created. The most popular theist argument is, our Universe is well ordered, and such intricate order can not result from blind Nature, nor the Universe arises as a cause to itself.

You follow?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2013
Kay 17: @italo

Ok. Good. You can see God.

Before we can suggest God exists, God is foremost a Creator, and we must be created. The most popular theist argument is, our Universe is well ordered, and such intricate order can not result from blind Nature, nor the Universe arises as a cause to itself.

You follow?

I dont know if it is the most popular theist argument. I dont even think Catholics' certainty of God is based on that argument. We know God is, with or without that.

Still, I follow.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

I dont know what you are talking about.

I do know, however, that various people hold on to contradictory positions and declare their positions to be in conformity with logic.

What you have failed to do is tell me why your understanding of 'conformity to objective logic' should be adopted by all the world.

Because 2+2=4

Kay 17:

Now we are faced with identifying what's true beliefs from false one, it becomes obvious there are self evident truths like your existence, laws of thought/logic, mathematical truths.

Agree?

italo:

You could say so...even though some scientists would tell you that you dont really exist so there is really no math or logic.

Some scientists say...

You even seem to have problems with scientists (?) that claim there is no (implied objective, in this context, as they're 'self evident') logic.

This is very simple, so I'll assume you have no problem being labeled by some random guy on the internet as disingenuous, yes?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
wiegraf:

Because 2+2=4

Same reason your opponents would give for contradicting you.

wiegraf:

You even seem to have problems with scientists (?) that claim there is no (implied objective, in this context, as they're 'self evident') logic.

This is very simple, so I'll assume you have no problem being labeled by some random guy on the internet as disingenuous, yes?

The keyword in the above is "SEEM."
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
italo:

Same reason your opponents would give for contradicting you.

Exactly how can you contradict 2+2=4, oh lover of tap dancing?

italo:
The keyword in the above is "SEEM."

So you have no problems with scientists claiming there's no such thing as reality or objective truth?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
wiegraf:

Exactly how can you contradict 2+2=4, oh lover of tap dancing?
Exactly what your opponents would ask you.
wiegraf:
So you have no problems with scientists claiming there's no such thing as reality or objective truth?

I have not declared my stance on that...because I am trying not to digress.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 2:32am On Sep 10, 2013
♫ Dance dance ♬♩

italo:
Exactly what your opponents would ask you.

And the answer must be 4, else they'd be objectively wrong, see?

italo:
I have not declared my stance on that...because I am trying not to digress.

It's very relevant..... Do you concur; "there are objective facts" ?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 3:06am On Sep 10, 2013
wiegraf: ♫ Dance dance ♬♩
They'd say same to you: "the answer must be 4, else you're objectively wrong."
wiegraf:
It's very relevant..... Do you concur; "there are objective facts" ?

Of course. Though people differ on what's objective and whats not.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 5:16am On Sep 10, 2013
italo:

Of course. Though people differ on what's objective and whats not.

You now look like an oyinbo man attempting galala
Surely I don't have to point out why, yes?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 5:55am On Sep 10, 2013
wiegraf:

You now look like an oyinbo man attempting galala
Surely I don't have to point out why, yes?

Anyone could easily say the same of you without having to point out why.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 9:10am On Sep 10, 2013
^^^
gringringrin
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2013
Mr Troll: ^^^
gringringrin

Italo the dribbler
The Denier!!!!!

Gaddem! This guy can dribble logic!! Chei!!!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

Italo the dribbler
The Denier!!!!!

he's stuck in a maze. Decoherence...hehehehehehe
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

Italo the dribbler
The Denier!!!!!

How am I dribbling? By saying that some people think you and wiegraf illogical the same way you think them illogical?

Is that a lie?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
italo:

How am I dribbling? By saying that some people think you and wiegraf illogical the same way you think them illogical?

Is that a lie?

Do show who denies this

Moving on to strawman #9348549304954434958750320345845702349548302495409024566

wiegraf:

italo:

Erm, exactly. In case you missed it, we'd both say the same thing, because it's objectively true...

Opinions and what not; subjective. Logic of this sort? Obviously NO

My logic is math; objectively true. If not, show which axioms are subjective, conjecture, etc. Then you have a case, else, among other things, you're wrong, and objectively so... 2+2 cannot be 6, regardless of opinion
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
wiegraf:

Do show who denies this

Moving on to strawman #9348549304954434958750320345845702349548302495409024566

Erm, exactly. In case you missed it, we'd both say the same thing, because it's objectively true...

Opinions and what not; subjective. Logic of this sort? Obviously NO

My logic is math; objectively true. If not, show which axioms are subjective, conjecture, etc. Then you have a case, else, among other things, you're wrong, and objectively so... 2+2 cannot be 6, regardless of opinion

Precisely what they'd say to you.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
italo:

Precisely what they'd say to you.

Run out of ways to dribble eh?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

the guy is done and dusted. I don't even know why Wiegraf bothers. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

italo:

Is that a lie?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 12:27am On Sep 11, 2013
Question for Italo:

You keep harping on miracles as proof of god.

Now, In whatever way you define a miracle, My 1st question is:
Why does the miraculous phenomena have to be attributed to god? Why not, for example, attribute such to a random one in a blue moon unknown natural phenomena that might be rationally explainable if studied in clearer detail?

2nd question is : Isn't it equally plausible and possible that the devil, which you also believe in, is using his slight of hand tricks to deceive the gullible?

3rd question: For faithfuls like you and many others, miracles are evidence of the invisible hand of god and therefore serve to strengthen your faith, right?

If so, does that alone not show that you and your fellow faithfuls are coming from a position of doubt?

If every miraculous phenomenom is seen as an act and evidence of god, then miracles serve to make one believe and to strengthen the faiths of those who already believe.

So miracles are doubt-busters. A great weapon against doubts. Agree?

So can you agree with me that a faithful mind is a mind that is always haunted By doubts ?

And why would an already mysterious god decide to use even more ambiguous, more mysterious and more unscientific and irrational phenomena in the form of the so-called miracles to showcase himself?

Also, all the Hindu swamis of India , and the Buddhist monks of Tibet who have been said to perform miracles: are they also from god?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 1:29am On Sep 11, 2013
He's actually the best of what's on offer atm....
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 1:33am On Sep 11, 2013
wiegraf:

He's actually the best of what's on offer atm....
shocked now i don't know whether to laugh or cry. . .
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 1:37am On Sep 11, 2013
Mr Troll: shocked now i don't know whether to laugh or cry. . .

I'm even considering being nicer to anony next time he shows up...

Tough ask, considering he seems incapable separating his religion from government....

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! / Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.