Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! (10800 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by ukor(m): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2006
Some Christians Prophesies, narrated that Jesus Christ is coming back the year 2011, I want to know whether it is true or not so as to get myself prepared; but I am solemely confused because it is written in the Bible that "No one knows the day and the date or an hour that the Son of Man will come, neither the son of Man Himself except the Father".

I want to get the reality proof and the source of proof.

Glad to share this idea with someone. ,
angry :Dm
wink embarassed cool shocked
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by dominobaby(f): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2006
Dearie, there are false prophets all around us! Thank God you read that verse in the bible yourself. NO ONE, absolutely no one, not even Jesus himself knows when He is coming! All we need do is to watch and pray!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by dominobaby(f): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2006
Dearie, there are false prophets all around us! Thank God you read that verse in the bible yourself. NO ONE, absolutely no one, not even Jesus himself knows when He is coming! All we need do is to watch and pray!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by dominobaby(f): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2006
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by dominobaby(f): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2006
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by mosqi(m): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2006
cheesy[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]

Hello,
Compliments of the season to all of y'all.
The truth is that christ is coming that in a very soon period. Although the lie is that, no one exactly knows exactly when he will be coming. But, the Bible in the book of revelations told us exactly what to expect before his coming.
Now, the good news is that as long as you have christ in you, there is no cause for alarm, since by the power of the holy spirit we will all be raptured to meet with our lord in the air, in order to meet for the supper of the lamb in heaven.
Rather, pray hard for readiness of this great event, hoping to meet you then. Bod Blkess you all.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Bobbyaf(m): 12:43am On Nov 05, 2006
Ukor let not your heart be troubled. Jesus will come but as you correctly mentioned, no man knows the day or the hour of His coming.

Matthew 24 speaks of false teachers and prophets who will say all manner of things, and with such passion, and devotion, and with false miracles to accompany them, that if we are not careful we can fall for such.

Just study to show yourself approved before God. Pay no attention to religious confusion that come with a lot of noise and excitement. Make sure you kow the word for yourself.

God bless.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by olabowale(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2006
@Bobbyaf; I read your entry immediately above . It seemed as if you are advising Ukor, to focus on Jesus alone. At the same time to disregard religion that seems to be very confusing. From this I will take it that you are actually suggesting that he should disregard or at best pay the littlest attention to the Bible and the religion of Christianity. Is this your suggest or am i off base? Please explain yourself, if you can.

If you are suggesting that Bible and christianity are to be paid the slightest attention at best, with the overwelming attention on Jesus, then one will be forced to ask; How do christians know anything about Jesus except from the Bible? Is it not true that those who concentrate mainly on Jesus, believing that he died for their sins are called christians? Is it not true that even from the generations of the companions of Jesus, people like Peter, Mark, Barnabas, etc, the tern christians was used to describe this group of religious people? Please note that Saul who became Paul was not from this primary companions of Jesus.

With all of the above, if one were to discard the Bible and the religion of Christianity, then there will be no source through which one will know anything about Jesus. The Jews do not even recognise him, even as a prophet. The jews believe that no more prophethood after Moses.

Then even in the Bible if you factor out Paul materials, which are directly opposite to the core companions of Jesus, eg Peter, etc, then the whole of the faith thing will be zero. the hypothesis will fall flat on its own weight.

But if you read the Qur'an, you will find thougt provoking statements; Jesus is no more than a prophet. But God , in the Qur'an do not stop there. He challenge man to think, reflect, ponder, observe,etc.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 06, 2006
olabowole pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
can you stop this your non sense eh.
what has the koran got o do with Christ now?
You don come again?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 06, 2006
Christ is coming to take his Church home at an unknown hour.
We have many false prophets like mohammed and budha who claim to be the way.
The bible warned of wolves in sheeps clothing.
The peace Christ gives is not like that of the world.
Be not deceived.

For there is only one name given amongst men whereby we must be saved.
That name is Jesus.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Aggressa(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2006
=topic=29381.msg689444#msg689444 date=1162760314:

Then even in the Bible if you factor out Paul materials, which are directly opposite to the core companions of Jesus, eg Peter, etc, then the whole of the faith thing will be zero. the hypothesis will fall flat on its own weight.

@Babyosisi et al, grin grin
Dear, make you take am easy. What you see displayed by 'some people' here can best be described as "tunnel reasoning"'; i.e when you don't understand something, then it must be wrong grin grin. It is really amusing because it reminds me of one of my brothers: when he was in early secodary school, I use to teach him maths whenever I come home from Ife, especially algebra, which he did not like then. When I give him assignments taken from exercises in his text-book and he does not understand a question, he argues that the question must be wrong grin grin Thank God, today he is a molecular biologist and almost finishing his PhD in a leading university in US.

Ignorance is terrible, especially when built on a foundation of 'Jesus-phobia' prejudice and pride. A casual and ignorant reading of say Ephesians or Hebrews and the Epistle of James will potray the writings of Paul on faith as "direcly opposite" to that of James - "a core companion of Jesus". However, detail and humble analysis will reveal that all of new testament teachings are not only in agreement,  in fact they are mutually reinforcing in every aspect. Understanding of the context, the listeners (jews or gentiles, judaizers or nominal xtians), etc will reveal this. Even those of us in christ pray to God for the holy spirit to teach us, opne our eyes and enreach our understanding when we read the Bible, how much more those who are totally blind to the available grace of God trying to teach us the true scriptures. Does'nt that put a heavy strain on spiritual logic? Wonders shall never end o, my sister!!! grin
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Ndipe(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2006
Nobody knows when Jesus Christ will come back again, but one thing is certain, He will come back again.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by gbadex1(m): 11:39am On Nov 27, 2006
@ havila,

lol, u know, i was saying something on "tunnel reasoning" one another thread. 2 i think. I once told olabowale what he does is he imposes islamic understandings upon Biblical passages and txts and characters, then complains about them in light of how he interpretes them.

Olabowale,

Apostle Paul may not have been one of Jesus' disciple, but contrary to what u believe, he did encounter Jesus (Please read Acts 9).

And also Peter, a disciple of Jesus, authenciated Paul's writings (Please read 2Peter 3:15-16).

So you see, your arguments about paul are like a basket. . .they don't hold water!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by TayoD(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2006
I have often told Olabowale too that he should for now forget the writings of Paul and try and compare the writings of Apostles John, James and Peter to the 'revelations' received by Mohammed. If he is able to reconcile these, then I will begin to take him seriously.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2006
Guys keep praying for Olabowole.
All the word he has heard will not be in vain as the Bible says.

By the way why does the originator of the thread have his picture here?
and why couldn't he crack a smile
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2006
ukor,

u raised the thread.

if it is Jesus christ in the bible you are expecting, forget it, he's not coming

even if he is coming, do you think he will come as a christian?

do you think he will come to Israel or Nigeria.

do you think he will come as the"supposed jesus' you are having here and there as his pictures?.

if he even comes, he will be denied by christians cos he will come with islamic monotheism and declare to you many ignorant things christians have been doing.

he will not come in the form of the so called diferent pictures you are having with you.

he will tell you about the islamic monotheism as the only true religion Allah/God will accept on that day.

he will also (that is if some of you christians are still alive) let u know that he is not GOD, SON OF GOD SEMI-GOD, GOD RE-INCARNATE ETC.

he will also let u know that he didnt order you to be worshipping him and giving all the attributes to him that are supposed to be given to God.

dont expect the crucified or tied to a stake jesus.

also dont expect to see Jesus that died and caried you sin away as put by Paul et al in the bible.

to gbade.x

quote author=gbade. x link=topic=29381.msg724711#msg724711 date=1164623966]
@ havila,

lol, u know, i was saying something on "tunnel reasoning" one another thread. 2 i think. I once told olabowale what he does is he imposes islamic understandings upon Biblical passages and txts and characters, then complains about them in light of how he interpretes them.

Olabowale,

Apostle Paul may not have been one of Jesus' disciple, but contrary to what u believe, he did encounter Jesus (Please read Acts 9).

And also Peter, a disciple of Jesus, authenciated Paul's writings (Please read 2Peter 3:15-16).

So you see, your arguments about paul are like a basket. . .they don't hold water!
[quote][/quote]

good that u came out with the truth that Paul want one of his disciples, and was also against his teaching when he was alive.

u said he enounter jesus, have u forgotten or maybe u didnt go through your bible very well . in your same bible, two contradicting were said about his encouter with jesus, i will post the verse to you soon.

u also accused @Olabowale about having baseless argument on Paul.

soon, u will see my write up on who Paul is.

maybe u dont know that, its Pauline Chrtistianity you christians of nowadays are practising.

i will shed more light on that soon, get your bible ready cos i will let u see reasons backing it up with biblical quotations.

till i come your way, you, havila, TayoD, bABYOSIS ETC, BE PREPARED FOR THE TRUTH
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Aggressa(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2006
babs787:

good that u came out with the truth that Paul want one of his disciples, and was also against his teaching when he was alive.
u said he enounter jesus, have u forgotten or maybe u didnt go through your bible very well . in your same bible, two contradicting were said about his encouter with jesus, i will post the verse to you soon.
u also accused @Olabowale about having baseless argument on Paul.
soon, u will see my write up on who Paul is.
maybe u don't know that, its Pauline Chrtistianity you christians of nowadays are practising.
i will shed more light on that soon, get your bible ready because i will let u see reasons backing it up with biblical quotations.
till i come your way, you, havila, TayoD, bABYOSIS ETC, BE PREPARED FOR THE TRUTH

@babs787 grin grin
Why don't you stop behaving like a primary school boy who want's to fight and says "wait let me go and bring by weapons" grin grin, c'mon bring out the 'clarifications' you need about Pauline teachings of the Gosple. You cannot present any quotations because you are still blind to the hidden mystery of God. There is nothing, aboslutely nothing, like Pualine Christianity. This is not like Sunni Muslims or Wahabi sect or Shiites etc. Christianity is Christianity simple: It is all about the life, crusifixion, death, resurrection, ascension and glorification of Jesus Christ; whereby we are redeemed from the curse and bondage of sin through the blood of Jesus Christ in the Cross; and justified into righteousness through faith in Jesus. That is why we can boldy say we are the Children of God by adoption through faith in Jesus Christ. For He has not given us the spirit of bondage again to fear, but spirit of adoption whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

We know why Muslims leaders "particularly" dislike Paul and always try to discredit him in your local masjids by teaching you lies!!!, because he CORRECTLY predicted the coming of the "bondage of Islam" in Galatians chapter 4 vs 21-31; this was almost 600-900 years before Islam truly came. He used the allegory of "Ishmael and his seeds" born into bondage through Hagar; in comparism to the child of promise called Isaac. We know that Ishmael is the progenitor of Arabs from among whom comes Muhammed and his ideology called Islam.
Thank God for the Christian Arabs who have broken off the curse of inherited bondage through Ishmael, by accepting Jesus Christ. So come with the biblical passages; and to the glory of God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we will help you in understanding.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Oyebanji07(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2006
Havila:

@Oyebamji07 grin grin
Why don't you stop behaving like a primary school boy who want's to fight and says "wait let me go and bring by weapons" grin grin, c'mon bring out the 'clarifications' you need about Pauline teachings of the Gosple. You cannot present any quotations because you are still blind to the hidden mystery of God. There is nothing, aboslutely nothing, like Pualine Christianity. This is not like Sunni Muslims or Wahabi sect or Shiites etc. Christianity is Christianity simple: It is all about the life, crusifixion, death, resurrection, ascension and glorification of Jesus Christ; whereby we are redeemed from the curse and bondage of sin through the blood of Jesus Christ in the Cross; and justified into righteousness through faith in Jesus. That is why we can boldy say we are the Children of God by adoption through faith in Jesus Christ. For He has not given us the spirit of bondage again to fear, but spirit of adoption whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

We know why Muslims leaders "particularly" dislike Paul and always try to discredit him in your local masjids by teaching you lies!!!, because he CORRECTLY predicted the coming of the "bondage of Islam" in Galatians chapter 4 vs 21-31; this was almost 600-900 years before Islam truly came. He used the allegory of "Ishmael and his seeds" born into bondage through Hagar; in comparism to the child of promise called Isaac. We know that Ishmael is the progenitor of Arabs from among whom comes Muhammed and his ideology called Islam.
Thank God for the Christian Arabs who have broken off the curse of inherited bondage through Ishmael, by accepting Jesus Christ. So come with the biblical passages; and to the glory of God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we will help you in understanding.

@Havila
It's very unfortunate u did not open your eyes very well to see whom u've quoted above.Was the post from Oyebanji07 or babs787.Havila seems u are so confused.Open your eyes and see things clearly ok?

However,babs787 is telling you the truth.Why not wait for his posts?
Take care.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by IDINRETE: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2006
hello everybody
as usual there are some interesting, intriguing and fascinating comments by you guys.
keep them flowing. SOME ARE JUST TOO HILARIOUS
my opinion is that nobody should force their religious beliefs on others whatever anybody wishes to practice let them do so afterall there is freedom of religion or is it not?
some of you guys are just casting aspersions on other people's belief. if you really believe in your religion why dont you let your gods and prophets defend themselves.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Aggressa(m): 12:15am On Dec 09, 2006
Oyebanji07:

@Havila
It's very unfortunate u did not open your eyes very well to see whom u've quoted above.Was the post from Oyebanji07 or babs787.Havila seems u are so confused.Open your eyes and see things clearly ok?
However,babs787 is telling you the truth.Why not wait for his posts?
Take care.

Oyebanji07,
Ma bad,,,,,,,but I probably mistook the two of you because you both have letters and numbers in your names, and more likely because the two of you argue or post alike,,,,,in a rather narrow-minded manner. No probs, I am waiting for his posts; but I know it cannot surpass his prior poor understanding, and I know it will be another waste of space and intellect that you boys are known for while wallowing in 'Jesus-phobia' prejudice. grin grin
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2006
@havila,

u said there is nothing like Pauline Christianity? and that Christianity is one.

huh, i think before one can defend whatever u feel like defending, u should have enough proof to back it up.

i thought that u know about Christianity but alas u know nothing.

so u dont know that there are Judeo-Christianity and Pauline christianity in which they differ on cruxificxion, circumcision, sonship, trinity etc

let me rest my case here while i allow you to ponder and make research on whichever of the two you belong.

expect more on the history of christianity, paul (did i hear you say saint Paul) .

catch you later
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 8:56am On Dec 11, 2006
havila,

in addition, Ukor raised the thread and i mentioned certain things to be expected and which not to be expected from the so called second coming of Jesus. u never provided answers to that rather u shifted to another issue. though i will respond to the issue shifted to but at the same time, i still want you to quote me wrong on my early post listed below.

[b]if it is Jesus christ in the bible you are expecting, forget it, he's not coming even if he is coming, do you think he will come as a christian?

do you think he will come as the"supposed jesus' you are having here and there as his pictures?.

if he even comes, he will be denied by christians because he will come with islamic monotheism and declare to you many ignorant things christians have been doing.

he will not come in the form of the so called diferent pictures you are having with you.

he will tell you about the islamic monotheism as the only true religion Allah/God will accept on that day.

he will also (that is if some of you christians are still alive) let u know that he is not GOD, SON OF GOD SEMI-GOD, GOD RE-INCARNATE ETC.

he will also let u know that he didnt order you to be worshipping him and giving all the attributes to him that are supposed to be given to God.

don't expect the crucified or tied to a stake jesus.

also don't expect to see Jesus that died and caried you sin away as put by Paul et al in the bible.[/b]
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by gbadex1(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2006
@ babs:

u know, i'm waiting.

Oh, one more thing. Point of correction, i admitted Paul wasn't a disciple of Jesus, but he ecountered Jesus, debunking olabowale's claims that Paul never met with Jesus. BUT at the same time, i NEVER said Paul's teachings/letters were against that of Jesus. Rather, they aligned perfectly.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2006
gbade.x,

should we move from the main topic to another one having failed to address the bolded posts on the second coming of jesus?

now to your post, u said he encountered jesus, can you shed more light on his encounter with jesus.

also u claimed Paul never go against jesus's teachings huh?.

now, which do we adress?second coming, paul, encounter with jesus etc it should be one after the other, no muddling up of topics.

choose and i will follow suit, which should be adressed.

am waiting
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2006
gbade.x, havila,

am waiting for the benefit of ukor and the others at nairaland.

TRUTH HAS COME, FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO PERISH
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by jerrymania(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2006
Christ is coming very soon but the 'son of perdition' has not been revealed----the next catholic Pope,
The day or hour no man knoweth but what we know is that all eyes shall see him when he comes.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by babs787(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2006
@jerrymania,

u said all eyes would see him.but i thought the bible said he would come like a thief in the night and also the King James Version talked abiut rapture that when two people are playing, one will be taken up or disappeared while the second will be left behind?

if he will come, in what form will he come, will he come like the bearded one.

wait a minute, i doubt it, u christian will never accept him based on my earlier posts and lastly, u wil be waiting to see the pictures u have been carying about with beards as jesus but will be shocked that the jesus that will come (that is if he comes) will be different from that
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by TayoD(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2006
@babs787,

if it is Jesus christ in the bible you are expecting, forget it, he's not coming even if he is coming, do you think he will come as a christian?
Exactly what are you blabbling about here? Are you suggesting He is coming or are you saying otherwise? If you are going to expresss ignorance, at least try to do so in a very clear way. That way, we can know how to cure you of that which has afflicted you. Sying He is not going to come, then saying If He comes only shows that we are dealing with a confused person here.

if he even comes, he will be denied by christians because he will come with islamic monotheism and declare to you many ignorant things christians have been doing
I would have expected you to include Mecca or at least that idol shrine called kabba in your list. If you want to know what the glorified Jesus looks like, please read the Book of Revelation (by Apostle John) and you will have a clearer picture. At least not only was John a Disciple who walked with Jesus, He saw Him after His resurrection and also saw Him in his revelation of heaven. So we can trust his testimony better than some bedoiun prophet who has no witness of his supposedly divine visitations.
[b]Revelations 1:[/b]12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
I'm sure you can not even begin to compare this picture of Jesus to that of mohammed who is dead and rotten in the grave somewhere in the sands of Arabia.

So what image of Jesus are you holding on to? Is it the one that Mohammed asked not to be washed out with Zamzam water from the kabba despite the fact that he asked that the one for Abraham be washed out? Why did he leave out the one of Jesus and mary holding on to them reverently? So can you tell us what that image look like if it is the one separated by your prophet!!!

don't expect the crucified or tied to a stake jesus.
also don't expect to see Jesus that died and caried you sin away as put by Paul et al in the bible.
So where are you getting your information from? Can you please enlightene us? Is it from the Qu'ran compliled by Abu bakr or the one compiled by Uthman. Better still, could it be the versions that Uthman gathered together and burned because they differ significantly from the ones he had? Please tell us which one was really from Mohammed that you plan to quote here to support your ignrant position.

If you want to know what Jesus will say, perhaps you need to read what those who heard Him witnessed that He said:
Revelation 22: 12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 14 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." 17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

So what sayest thou again babs787?
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by Aggressa(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2006
1st @TayoD
grin grin grin Brother, so you too have noticed the 'elementary-school' babblings of this 'mummin' called Babs787. At times, I feel like ignoring his write-ups but I thought: "How shall they believe unless they hear; how can they hear unless we preach/teach; how can we teach/preach unless we post; and how can we post unless we reply." Sound familiar?  wink

Now@babs787"
babs787:

@havila,
u said there is nothing like Pauline Christianity? and that Christianity is one. I thought that u know about Christianity but alas u know nothing.
so u don't know that there are Judeo-Christianity and Pauline christianity in which they differ on cruxificxion, circumcision, sonship, trinity etc

grin kai!!, now you see why I told your brother Oyebanji07 above that I am not looking forward to your 'confusions' on Apostle Paul which you've 'threatened' to post grin. I told him that you cannot surpass your known ignorance, and you've finally confirmed it. So, where do you want to teach us from? which of the passages from the 'corruption' called Quran will you use to support your claims? Dont forget the "Satanic Verses"
What is Judeo-Christianity and Pauline Christianity? You see, Judeo-Christianity is the same thing as Havila's Christianity grin, which is the Christianity that Apostle Paul taught us about, based on the ministry, life, sacrifice and glorification of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Judaism is Judaism. The one and only Christianity is the doctrine of Grace and mercies of God through faith in Jesus Christ, which has given us divine liberty from the legalism of Judaism. Judaism is about the Mosaic Laws which erroneously implied to achieve salvation through obeying the laws; just like Islam also erroneously seeks to achieve salvation through 'sharia', 'works' of self-righteousness, 'sunnah' (living like Muhammed), etc. But the purpose of the laws of Judaism, my friend, is to lead you to Jesus Christ, the only source of true salvation, i.e Christianity. We have variously given supporting references from the Judasim Torah and the Gospels; just read some of my earlier posts on this topic.
Look at this simple illustration, it will help your understanding:

JUDAISM & Legalism----->Mosaic Law----->Jesus Christ the Messiah----->CHRISTIANITY & Salvation.

The terminology or phrase of "Judeo-Christianity" is simply used to indicate that Christianity has it's root in Judaism as explained or drawn above.
Babs787, quit wallowing in abject ignorance and seek true wisdom. True Wisdom is NOT in Islam, the quran nor at the local masjid, please don't be offended. It is a gift from God!!. He gives it liberally to all those who ask for it ONLY with faith. The big question now is: FAITH in who?
That's your assignment; , bro!!
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by mrpataki(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2006
@ Bab787
Never knew you had come here to utter your ignorance andgreat worth of stupidity again.
Seems like peeps of your type are goats that will always want to be flogged with the words of correction day in day out.
You are highly ignorant and will always want to remain as such.
Good luck to you.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by gbadex1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2006
@ babs 787:

why don't you open another thread where we can trash out your claims and misunderstandings, so the topic of this thread doesn't lose its essence.
Re: The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! by mrpataki(m): 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2006
As to the author of this thread,
Jesus is most definitely coming back soon.
There is no gainsaying about it.
Just that nowadays most churches seem to be losing the touch of speaking out this message to followers of Christ.
God Bless you as you continually strive to keep things in order for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible? / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.