Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. (2022 Views)

Woman With Baby Sits In The Middle Of Road Around Lagos Government House / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Newdaddy7: 4:39am On Aug 25, 2013
Hi all i'm a new dad in Lagos and i just wanted to vent my frustrations with shopping for my baby here and see if others have similar issues. i'll make it brief because i want to hear the views of others. but shopping in the market is sucha pain, the diapers alone are not only costing me alot but i fear many of them may be counterfeit as i notice most of the sold call super absorbent leak oil pipeline. In addition both Jumia and Konga are selling clothes and toys that in my opinion seem like cheap china products compared to what the prices the list them for. My cousin has graciously offered to include some baby things from the UK when he's coming down for a visit but i dont have the money to order everything for the baby from the U.K. I never thief state money reach that side. And oh, formula, milk, breast pump, drugs etc i really hope these things are not fake because i sometimes wonder if they're working when the baby is vomiting or crying or reacting. Anyone have any horror stories or thoughts to share?
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by tpia5: 4:48am On Aug 25, 2013
you should move to ghana.
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Newdaddy7: 5:01am On Aug 25, 2013
you should be constructive or go back to sleep.

3 Likes

Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Newdaddy7: 5:02am On Aug 25, 2013
tpia@:
you should move to ghana.

if you have nothing salient to say then pls exercise your right to be silent.
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by greatgod2012(f): 5:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Indeed, it can be stressful.
And for fake products, truly, we can't rule that out.
I will recommend you go to Any shoprite branch close to you. They usually sell original stuffs.
You will be fine.
Or betterstill, you can goggle for shopping for baby in Nigeria, and you will get some directions from there.
Welcome to fatherhood.
Goodluck and keep doing good.I wish you well.
My regards.
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 25, 2013
Go to shop right or whatever they call it, at least you can get quality stuff if you gat the cash.

Babies are expensive so be ready to spend if you want quality service.

If not do exclusive breastfeeding and after six months, start solid while complimenting on b reast milk.

Depending on your wallet, you can choose re- usable diapers and save some cash too.

Cest la vie, enjoy the joy of being parent
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 25, 2013
Poster, enjoy d ride into fatherhood!
The earlier u relax ur mind and look for a good alternatives the better.
Stop buying baby things online.
One Diaper brand can come from diff countries. For instant huggies. There is huggies usa,london,turkey and south africa.
Pick a good shop and shop for ur baby things.
China pdts r everywhere but some r good and cheaper too.
Fatherhood is sweet o! Try and enjoy d cruise!
Re: Problems With Baby Shopping In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Pls if you still can, send money to your brother to buy things from d UK especially the toujour diaper sold in Lidl. it goes for approximately 1250 per pack but when on sales around 800 naira equivalent. I bought tommie tippee 6 in 1 feeding bottle for 12 pounds around 3k in argos sales. You don't have to shop in next or m&s for baby clothes, they can shop for you in matalan, asda, tesco and m&s outlet store(everything there us on sales). Like other posters said shopright store is cheap. Someone suggested pep store but I've not been there.

(1) (Reply)

Should Parents Barge Into Their Children's Rooms? / My Woman Wears Very Short And Tight Outfits. I Cautioned Her, This Is Happening / Should She Confess To God Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.