Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Amaechi, Others Float New Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Others Float New Party (26490 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1:
And pls kindly tell me how many successful alliances have we had since we began this democratic process in 1999?just asking

None. But the political terrain is changing.

There has been no time since 1999 when PDP has been this weak or divided. That makes a lot of difference.

Have you thought about any of those parties presenting a South South candidate?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2013
domcarez: These six fooools just made it easier for GEJ come 2015, it wil be a smooth ride for GEJ to win the PDP primaries without stiff opposition, should APC,PDM and VOP field a northern presidential candidate which is likely then they would av handed the presidency bk to GEJ on a platter of gold....mind u should APC and VOP merge which is unlikely the likes of Tinubu and Buhari wil NEVER accede to presidential ticket to any of the six governors which makes it easier for GEJ and tougher for the opposition.....ride on GEJ, politics is swt ooo

lincolnj88: I think south south and south east if sure for jonathan with no close competitors....while north and south west will be divided among pdp,apc, vop.....so for apc to get a gud ride in 2015 is for dem not to have anyoda political party against dem up dere in d north...because south west and partial northern votes can guarantee success for dem....so dey should have a better strategy...division of votes is neva a beta idea and i apc is never going to win middle belt except it feeds a middle belt candidate...christians and muslims lets live as one, tongue out...

Of course it's assumed that GEJ will get the PDP ticket.

But don't assume that ALL those other parties will foolishly field Northern candidates.

What if they jointly field a candidate?

What if one of them doesn't field any candidate?

What if one of them fields a South South candidate?

What if one or two of those parties have been registered just as a red herring?
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by nwaniSOC: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1:
And pls kindly tell me how many successful alliances have we had since we began this democratic process in 1999?just asking
SAME WAY U DOUBTED MERGER TILL U SAW IT WORK. IF U AR STILL, THE WORLD IS NOT; THE WORLD IS MOVING. DAT SOMTIN HAS NOT HAPPENED B4 IS THE WEAKEST REASON IN ARGUEING THAT IT CANT HAPPEN.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2013
VOP like PDM are diversions/negotiating platforms for selfish interests but will eventually collapse into either PDP or APC before 2015 elections.

What an intersting season of long-knives from our polithieftrickians!
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2013
Btruth:

You got it. That is exactly what I think. And if that happen, PDP is gone finally. Okorocha stand a good chance to rule with the APC, and I strongly believe that is their game plan though, but let's all wait for the verdict.
Nigeria has some really good comedians
,okorocha for president!!
Well maybe NURTW president anyway

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by JingoOAU(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2013
What tinubu is trying to do is to systematically attract APC to the people. He knew that APC might not win 2015 presidential elections, but he wanted to win atleast 20 states for the governorship election.

If APC could have 20 governors by 2015, they would just finish PDP by 2019 totally with the presidential election
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2013
Pukkah:

None. But the political terrain is changing.

There has been no time since 1999 when PDP has been this weak or divided. That makes a lot of difference.

Have you thought about any of those parties presenting a South South candidate?

You still don't understand it all,but I think I will just keep quiet and read all ur comments .just remember one thing APC will not will the Presidency in 2015 and A CN will drop at least one state in the south west come 2015

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by nuclearboy(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2013
I would like to see the status quo maintained!

SS wants 8 years so give them! But not under otedola shoes and diezani's thongs! Kick out GEJ and replace with Amaechi!

He is a man of his words!
He is south south
His being in power will satisfy the proponents of "our turn" YET his enmity of the theft assembly (dokubo, tompolo etc) will rescue 170 million from their avarice
The north trusts him and I believe will be ready to wait 4 years so as not to rock the boat!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2013
nwaniSOC: SAME WAY U DOUBTED MERGER TILL U SAW IT WORK. IF U AR STILL, THE WORLD IS NOT; THE WORLD IS MOVING. DAT SOMTIN HAS NOT HAPPENED B4 IS THE WEAKEST REASON IN ARGUEING THAT IT CANT HAPPEN.
Which merger is workin?don't tell me that you don't know what is happening underground In that party?let APC conduct a successful convention and primaries without any rancour first ,if they can do that then I will believe the merger is working.
The north can and will never work with a politician like tinubu.just wait and see
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1:
You still don't understand it all,but I think I will just keep quiet and read all ur comments .just remember one thing APC will not will the Presidency in 2015 and A CN will drop at least one state in the south west come 2015

You understand it all but would rather read my comments?

I conceded that no alliance has worked but you've not addressed the other issues.

Has the political terrain not markedly changed?

Has there been any time when PDP was this weak or weaker than this since 1999?

What if one or more or the parties fields a South South candidate?

Please show that you understand it all.

I admit that I don't know everything but I've raised some issues which you have evaded.

Which state will drop from APC (not ACN) come 2015? Are you saying that Oyo, Osun, Ogun people won't vote APC? This is laughable. You think Ekiti would go to PDP? Funny! Or you think Lagosians would vote for PDP or Labour? Hilarious!
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by olivertwist: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
PDP could be a 'dead meat' before 2015 with the way things are shaping. Until then, fingers crossed. cheesy grin wink cool smiley smiley tongue kiss

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1:
Which merger is workin?don't tell me that you don't know what is happening underground In that party?let APC conduct a successful convention and primaries without any rancour first ,if they can do that then I will believe the merger is working.
The north can and will never work with a politician like tinubu.just wait and see

Is PDP today rancor free? Look at what is happening in Anambra state where factions of the party have produced two governorship candidates.

What's happening underground in APC?
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by phantom(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
looking at it critically,yes the formation of VOP is for purely selfish interests. But forming a new party and not entering APC was or is a masterstroke if you ask me.lets face it,the VOP will be the 'beautiful bride' that the apc and pdp will try to court But as it is now,the PDP will still carry the day in 2015,but the mere thought of the VOP eventually joining the APC will give them sleepless nights.2015 can go either way ....to the apc or the pdp depending on how each play the game.
the issue of dividing northern votes is possible but if the APC makes the vop an offer they cant refuse,PDP is sunk!
on the flip side,if this whole thing is just a PDP gimmick(which i strongly suspect is) APC will be the loser.
ITS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW EACH SIDE PLAYS IT,but lets face it,PDP is not in a comfortable position at all!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
musiwa1f: north 2007
east

east 2011
north

is it possible to have this again, no

north 2015
east

the army will overthrow such arrangement

watch this, u will understand the real story of nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Simulacrum(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
If this news is anything to go by, then PDP are in deep mess
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pukkah:

You understand it all but would rather read my comments?

I conceded that no alliance has worked but you've not addressed the other issues.

Has the political terrain not markedly changed?

Has there been any time when PDP was this weak or weaker than this since 1999?

What if one or more or the parties fields a South South candidate?

Please show that you understand it all.

I admit that I don't know everything but I've raised some issues which you have evaded.
the terrain has changed BUT THE PLAYERS HAVEN'T CHANGED and it is the players that will determine the outcome of the game.

If nigerians still believe that ONE of these politicians parading themselves have anything good to offer then I think we still have a very very long way to go
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
phantom: looking at it critically,yes the formation of VOP is for purely selfish interests. But forming a new party and not entering APC was or is a masterstroke if you ask me.lets face it,the VOP will be the 'beautiful bride' that the apc and pdp will try to court But as it is now,the PDP will still carry the day in 2015,but the mere thought of the VOP eventually joining the APC will give them sleepless nights.2015 can go either way ....to the apc or the pdp depending on how each play the game.
the issue of dividing northern votes is possible but if the APC makes the vop an offer they cant refuse,PDP is sunk!
on the flip side,if this whole thing is just a PDP gimmick(which i strongly suspect is) APC will be the loser.
ITS ALL DEPENDS ON HOW EACH SIDE PLAYS IT,but lets face it,PDP is not in a comfortable position at all!

Your comment is fair.

Why would VOP, who is basically disgruntled about Jonathan running, agree to work with PDP that's fielding Jonathan? I don't see this as likely.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Pukkah: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1: the terrain has changed BUT THE PLAYERS HAVEN'T CHANGED and it is the players that will determine the outcome of the game.

If nigerians still believe that ONE of these politicians parading themselves have anything good to offer then I think we still have a very very long way to go

This doesn't address the issues.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pukkah:

Is PDP today rancor free? Look at what is happening in Anambra state where factions of the party have produced two governorship candidates.

What's happening underground in APC?
What is happening in anambra?I think you need to follow PDP history and understand how things work ,the situation in anambra will be settled once the right incentives is given to the other candidate.you should know that PDP always have a machinery to settle cases like this.believe me all PDP followers in anambra will cue behind who ever the President and the Party chooses
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pukkah:

This doesn't address the issues.

Prove to me why it doesnt
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by papaejima1: 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: Contrary to the general notion here that the formation of this new party will weaken GEJ's chances of winning the next presidential elections, the opposite is actually the case as these new parties ie APC, PDM and the one being fronted by these set of governors are much likely to field Northern candidates thereby splitting northern votes among the various northern candidates and leaving GEJ to carry the day.
And where will GEJ get his votes from?
South-south or South-east?
Remember amaechi will be a cankerworm to him in the SS. South-west and Edo are APC, so who's gonna put lucky joe in powewr?
Wake up man!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by phantom(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pukkah:

Your comment is fair.

Why would VOP, who is basically disgruntled about Jonathan running, agree to work with PDP that's fielding Jonathan? I don't see this as likely.
my brother,i agree but remember this is politics!no permanent enemy,no permanent friends.as it is the VOP will make no headway in 2015.if they think so then they are fools!this move is not about the ambition of any of the 7 governors,but it puts them in a positon to do some heavy bargaining.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by djfaithy: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
gregg2: But why is everbody running away from APC and preferring to form their own party instead? Liar Muhammed told us the five governors will be joining them. He he he he he. . . the characters in APC must be really scary.
No you don't get it, VOP will mobilize more supporters,they will pretend like they have nothing to do with APC, you will be amazed what's going to happy at the die minute,cuz its obvious jonathan can never meet their demand
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by bangalee1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
bukola saraki joined the party not fatai ahmed, some kwarans will fall for that......
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Dee60: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
President Jonathan is becoming a victim of bad advice and bad advisers. This is what you suffer when you surround yourself with crooks and liars. Sorry your excellency, you seem to have forgotten where you are coming from!
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by bangalee1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
amechi you bleeped up for allowing saraki and ahmed into your party sad
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Clonus: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: Contrary to the general notion here that the formation of this new party will weaken GEJ's chances of winning the next presidential elections, the opposite is actually the case as these new parties ie APC, PDM and the one being fronted by these set of governors are much likely to field Northern candidates thereby splitting northern votes among the various northern candidates and leaving GEJ to carry the day.
what do you think would happen if they decide to produce one presidential candidate?
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Bright2(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
PDP all you need now is to bring in your coach OBJ. What you see now is the hand work of PDP. This new parties will be unconcentrated till the last munite of which more parties will still spring up but before they will realise that some of these parties are still PDP in disguise, it will be late as most of them will not even have trusted presidential candidates.PDP is planting virus in other parties,beware! I see them making it easier for Jonathan to win because i don't see any election in the north come 2015 while they are dividing the little they will produce,how many people will turn up in that north where explosive can erupt from any angle? I don't see absolute peace in that north till 2015 is over! Watch & see the rate at which people will vacate north when that time come.2015 election will be different from all election we have ever witnessed.Let God keep us alive till then.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by creativemusic: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Fitzy4real(m): 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
PDP at work. Floating party after party so as to ensure we don't have a two-party system in this country. A very smart move in the sense that it shares out the opposition (APC et al) power base. Too bad they (PDP) won't employ this kind of smartness towards moving Nigeria forward...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Billygee2u: 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
biafranqueen: Well this is going to be a serious Cult War! Lets see who's God is stronger VOP or PDP.

The more oppositions,they more chances for PDP to win come 2015
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fitzy4real: PDP at work. Floating party after party so as to ensure we don't have a two-party system in this country. A very smart move in the sense that it shares out the opposition (APC et al) power base. Too bad they (PDP) won't employ this kind of smartness towards moving Nigeria forward...
thank you my brother,I know someone would eventually get the picture.parties keep coming up ,it is good because they keep breaking the opposition and the votes.the objective is the opposition should never be allowed to get united ,no matter how many govs leave PDP there will still remain like 10 to 12 and ppl must not forget that when the times comes some govs from other parties will still decamp to the PDP and in states where the sitting gov is not pdp strong opposition will be encourages eg bamidele vs fayemi.no matter what happens PDP will still win the presidential race

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ambode, Tinubu And Governors At APC Leaders Forum / Buhari, Saraki, Dogara Meet In Aso Rock / Delta Tribunal Sacks James Manager, Order Fresh Election In Delta South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.