Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Amaechi, Others Float New Party - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Others Float New Party (26502 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Paul John:

Jonathan is finally going to nail his own coffin if he losses Anambra's november election to APC.
Very interesting indeed.

Every house that divides against itself shall never stand.

The oldest and greatest formula defeating the enemy camp is by dividing and conquering.

PDP and GEJ have been digging their own grave in the cementary of history
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by olatiler(m): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
I don't like GET, neither do I Like PDP ever since clueless Kindergarten Jona has betray us, by putting us in Total hardship in this country, since Jan 01 2012 telling us that money paid previously on Subsidy will now be using to develop this Country, while till now nothing has yet to show face.
Anyway let me continue dancing Apala remix feat 2pac and ice Cube. Because am from Oodua the great tribe whom their vote decide Next president in 2015.
More party even youth party and children party can still tender their own Registration to ICC or OPJ whatever. New Party kooo Oku Akpan niiii Msheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Clonus: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
GEJ is in my opinion the right man for the job at least at this moment.Time will fail me if I begin to recount the developmental strides he has undertaken to initiate the process of transforming Nigeria and i think he needs time to see this to fruition. However, I blame him in part for what is happening now; he has refused to check his over zealous surpporters who I'm sure are more interested in what they will gain and care less if GEJ wins or not!! Consider Amaechi. Whatever his sins are ( if there are),how do you expect him to fold his arms as he is gradually rendered politically redundant. He has been suspended by a kangaroo pdp exco and his supporters are daily being witch-hunted. GEJ I like u. Pleaaaaase put your house in order. Jettison all the sycophants around you!!! Reconcile all!! That is the way forward!! GEJ all the way!!!
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by softwareman(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
james_ibor: Contrary to the general notion here that the formation of this new party will weaken GEJ's chances of winning the next presidential elections, the opposite is actually the case as these new parties ie APC, PDM and the one being fronted by these set of governors are much likely to field Northern candidates thereby splitting northern votes among the various northern candidates and leaving GEJ to carry the day.
contary to your conclusion, the north we present only one candidate regardless of party afiliation.

the problem with most of us southerners is that we always underestimate the political sophistication of the northern political elite.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by atlwireles: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
software man:
contary to your conclusion, the north we present only one candidate regardless of party afiliation.

the problem with most of us southerners is that we always underestimate the political sophistication of the northern political elite.

Is it the same sophistication, we have seen in the last 14yrs Please define, what you call THE NORTH.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Btruth:

You got it. That is exactly what I think. And if that happen, PDP is gone finally. Okorocha stand a good chance to rule with the APC, and I strongly believe that is their game plan though, but let's all wait for the verdict.

I assume you are not from imo state.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by batstan(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
cool
PDP!!!! Wish they could employ all these their TAC4 formations to change the lives of their country-men. SMH for politcal tactics
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Uclloyd28(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
all these people singing Hosana, saying is a bad thing for GEJ crack me up...ask yourself, how many parties were up and running 2011! Ask yourself again, why were PDP haters clamouring for a Two Party Nigeria? Ask yourself yet again, what happens when Northern Votes are spilt between parties....you and I know SS n SE is Completely GEJ's and GEJ will get few Votes from North and SW.....take it or leave it, this numerous parties emerging now, be it a PDP breakaway, will surely favour GEJ...If U really understand Nigerian Politics, u will concur with me on this

Don't get it Twisted, Am Rooting 4 GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by LibertyRep: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
I love these intrigues, permutations, calculations and analysis.
Politics has always been about interest, so no one should be blamed.

As beautiful as this is, I doubt very much if there would be any elections in some parts of the North come 2015.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Olaone1: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
software man:

I laugh in Swahili.

Buhari vs Ribadu in 2011 anyone?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Olaone1: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
[size=15pt]I am 100% sure that PDP will win in 2015.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Miliky231(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
IF THE SO CALLED vop Is REGISTERED,THIS WOULD BE THE END OF AMAECHI & HIS CONTROVERSY
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Olaone1: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
software man:

They seemed/seem sophisticated because of the way the British organized things.

They are nothing special, trust me.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Xfactoria: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
teskyg: Voice of Jacob,hand of Esua.Atiku met with GEJ and PDM was registered as a Party.Kwankwaso met with GEJ last week and now we hear of VOP.The message is clear.This actions are geared toward stoping APC in the North.Most of this Governors will be out of Power in 2015.They will use there party as a bargaining chip with GEJ for appointment.

Those Governors too will have to battle other political Heavy weights in their states who will be empower by GEJ.

Concise and on point. You seem to be among the few who got the drift that this only means APC's hope of sweeping the north is now a mirage.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Olaone1: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Amaechi is a political neophyte. Or maybe he doesn't understand the peculiar terrain that's politics in Nigeria. When political godfathers urge you to disobey your oga (e.g Mr president), rest assured that the said godfathers will never have trust in you. And, you will never be trusted with power. This is exactly what APC lords have done to Amaechi.

Who in his right mind would like to have Amaechi as running mate for presidency?

That is Mr betrayal right there. House on fire!

Used and dumped!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by olujastro: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fitzy4real: PDP at work. Floating party after party so as to ensure we don't have a two-party system in this country. A very smart move in the sense that it shares out the opposition (APC et al) power base. Too bad they (PDP) won't employ this kind of smartness towards moving Nigeria forward...

You made sense to some extent,but am sure common sense would tell u dat PDP/GEJ won't go that far to just allow a whopping 7 Govs in such crucial states to leave their fold all because they intend to frustrate a two-party system(PDP vs APC). If they worked that hard to win those states in 2011,what kind of trick wud PDP wanna play that'll make them give 7 states just lyk dat,simply cos GEJ wants to reton as President in 2015.
For me,it's eida VOP guys are simply tired of the high handedness of the national PDP/GEJ & they believe they can prosecute 2015 on their own(Lamido/Amaechi),or they finally wanna get a bargaining platform wit APC. As for Atiku & his PDM,he's no longa relevant in Nigerian politics that he'll lose his state(Adamawa) if he & Buhari contests same electns in 2015.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by adino(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
teskyg: Voice of Jacob,hand of Esua.Atiku met with GEJ and PDM was registered as a Party.Kwankwaso met with GEJ last week and now we hear of VOP.The message is clear.This actions are geared toward stoping APC in the North.Most of this Governors will be out of Power in 2015.They will use there party as a bargaining chip with GEJ for appointment.

Those Governors too will have to battle other political Heavy weights in their states who will be empower by GEJ.

Do not mind these e-rats out here, these governors all have very powerful and dangerous political heavyweights in their respective states that will be too happy to pull the rugs from under their feet in twinkle of an eye.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by adino(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Let's say you are right, though you are not, 45% of Lagosians are Igbos. So give the 45% to GEJ and share the remaing to the other 5 parties. You see your life ?

Do not forget that 50% or more of Lagos Voters will either not vote or are ghost voters while 60% of Core Northern voters are ghosts, rams and cows. In the end Lagos, Kano , Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Riversa will have One million plus votes each (2 or 3 of them may score a little above two million sha) and in the end G.E.J may only lose in Kano, score 65-80% in Lagos and score 98%+ in the other states. Meanwhile, in states the only threat is Kano. G.E.J will win or score at least 40% in the other states.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by McLuhan(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
"Despite Governor Amaechi's near excellent performance in office..."

What a blatant case of journalistic bias! Is this what you were taught in your journalism class? Who assessed Amaechi's performance and declared it "near-excellent"? You or an independent body? Go and find out the meaning of editorialising in news story writing. Professionally speaking, this is one of the most poorly written news stories I have read in a long while. Thoroughly partisan and almost entirely conjectural!
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by sirgreen: 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
all I know is as long as the once decamping is coming from PDP they wont make any deference in the new party b/cos the blood of PDP is still running in them. they can not deceive us again check well is still the same people who has been power since 1999, cos things is no more turning to there favor they want to decamp to form a new way of stealing our public fund. if they want to prove to Nigerians that they have change they should live politic and go into farming let people who has not tested power go in and prove them self's. as for PDP there time has come to live office, strike everyday in our universities, no power, doctors are on strike and no body can say anything about it cos there all PDP PDP PDP even them that are decamping since 1999 till day is the less privilege that is been prosecuted. If you ask me I will say that PDP is a cult?
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by rash47(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
sagytarius™:
Soon, this news will be debunked...
"we didn't float any party"
We r in Nigeria remember? Hide and seek is a common game.

I think so too.

Btw, a new party here,new party there with different personalities with same character without clear cut ideology soon they will enter into agreement with each other,@ d end nigeria nd nigerians remain d biggest loser.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
adino:

Do not mind these e-rats out here, these governors all have very powerful and dangerous political heavyweights in their respective states that will be too happy to pull the rugs from under their feet in twinkle of an eye.
There is no point arguing with people here,let them stay on nairaland with their big big grammar analysis while the real players get the job done on the field .many nairalanders feel elections are won here,tinubu and anenih and other political gladiators know better
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by gramci: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
so you think these men will mortgage their interest on the alter of opposition politics

Pukkah:

Just wait and see how they will come together for the polls. The people forming new parties are doing so in order to have it as a basis for negotiations.

I think there might be an alliance for the presidential election.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by ayando(m): 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cahmegga:

Ur analysis is a fail! Some of these parties will merge before the 2015 elections...to give prolly just two parties..
In fact you read my mind. A consensus candidate will be chosen for the presidency when the time comes. Just wait n see.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by incrediblestev: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
It is very obvious that the writer is a lackey of one of the so-called opposition political parties. The article is lazy and too patronizing to be taken seriously by discerning minds.
Now, as for the supporters of the opposition parties, especially the loud mouthed APC die-hard fans, this whole thing can go both ways, it can either spell doom for the PDP in the North or boomerang to make votes from the north inconsequential through divided votes.

PDP is not stupid, they may be in on this, already there are reports that the PDP gave Atiku a huge sum of money to neutralize the influence of APC in the north. With the setting up of more opposition parties heavily rife with desperate northern politicians that want to be president, I see them playing into the hands of the PDP. Let us all not think the PDP is dumb. However, the litmus test for the PDP is Anambra state, it will spell doom for them if Ngige of OPC should win that State, already, Imo state is in the Opposition, Anambra is even more important because the political outcome there will gauge how the igbo votes will go come 2015. There is too much partisan and regional politics going on in virtually every party, lets just sit and watch, I rest my case.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by SoCalguy: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Btruth:

You got it. That is exactly what I think. And if that happen, PDP is gone finally. Okorocha stand a good chance to rule with the APC, and I strongly believe that is their game plan though, but let's all wait for the verdict.
I can bet my money that the APC won't field a Southerner as their Presidential candidate. The best Okorocha can hope for is the Vice-Presidential slot.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by incrediblestev: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
incrediblestev: It is very obvious that the writer is a lackey of one of the so-called opposition political parties. The article is lazy and too patronizing to be taken seriously by discerning minds.
Now, as for the supporters of the opposition parties, especially the loud mouthed APC die-hard fans, this whole thing can go both ways, it can either spell doom for the PDP in the North or boomerang to make votes from the north inconsequential through divided votes.

PDP is not stupid, they may be in on this, already there are reports that the PDP gave Atiku a huge sum of money to neutralize the influence of APC in the North. With the setting up of more opposition parties heavily rife with desperate northern politicians that want to be president, I see them playing into the hands of the PDP. Let us all not think the PDP is dumb. However, the litmus test for the PDP is Anambra state, it will spell doom for them if Ngige of OPC should win that State, already, Imo state is in the Opposition, Anambra is even more important because the political outcome there will gauge how the igbo votes will go come 2015. There is too much partisan and regional politics going on in virtually every party, lets just sit and watch, I rest my case.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by incrediblestev: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
McLuhan: "Despite Governor Amaechi's near excellent performance in office..."

What a blatant case of journalistic bias! Is this what you were taught in your journalism class? Who assessed Amaechi's performance and declared it "near-excellent"? You or an independent body? Go and find out the meaning of editorialising in news story writing. Professionally speaking, this is one of the most poorly written news stories I have read in a long while. Thoroughly partisan and almost entirely conjectural!
I thought the same thing when I saw the very annoying partisan embellishment from a writer that is supposed to be non-partisan and neutral, his patronizing gibberish is so obvious and petty, I had to stop midway from reading the rest of the hack man's job.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by incrediblestev: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
olujastro:

You made sense to some extent,but am sure common sense would tell u dat PDP/GEJ won't go that far to just allow a whopping 7 Govs in such crucial states to leave their fold all because they intend to frustrate a two-party system(PDP vs APC). If they worked that hard to win those states in 2011,what kind of trick wud PDP wanna play that'll make them give 7 states just lyk dat,simply cos GEJ wants to reton as President in 2015.
For me,it's eida VOP guys are simply tired of the high handedness of the national PDP/GEJ & they believe they can prosecute 2015 on their own(Lamido/Amaechi),or they finally wanna get a bargaining platform wit APC. As for Atiku & his PDM,he's no longa relevant in Nigerian politics that he'll lose his state(Adamawa) if he & Buhari contests same electns in 2015.
You are yet to understand the intrigues her, if this seven governors were serious about ousting Jonathan, trust me they would have joined forces with their northern counter-parts in APC knowing that the most likely candidate from APC is going to be somebody from the North? Again, PDP is not stupid, they can get a far better bargaining stand from the PDP that is always ready to do anything when push turns to shove than the APC is willing to offer.....this is politics not some personal moral exercise.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by texaco1: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
incrediblestev: It is very obvious that the writer is a lackey of one of the so-called opposition political parties. The article is lazy and too patronizing to be taken seriously by discerning minds.

PDP is not stupid, they may be in on this, already there are reports that the PDP gave Atiku a huge sum of money to neutralize the influence of APC in the north. With the setting up of more opposition parties heavily rife with desperate northern politicians that want to be president, I see them playing into the hands of the PDP. Let us all not think the PDP is dumb. However, the litmus test for the PDP is Anambra state, it will spell doom for them if Ngige of OPC should win that State, already, Imo state is in the Opposition, Anambra is even more important because the political outcome there will gauge how the igbo votes will go come 2015. There is too much partisan and regional politics going on in virtually every party, lets just sit and watch, I rest my case.
there is no way ngige can or will win the governorship election ,it is either pdp or apga.APC influence will be limited to the south west and mark my words even in the south west it will be battle to finish I am sure one or two states will drop from apc grips.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by incrediblestev: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uclloyd28: all these people singing Hosana, saying is a bad thing for GEJ crack me up...ask yourself, how many parties were up and running 2011! Ask yourself again, why were PDP haters clamouring for a Two Party Nigeria? Ask yourself yet again, what happens when Northern Votes are spilt between parties....you and I know SS n SE is Completely GEJ's and GEJ will get few Votes from North and SW.....take it or leave it, this numerous parties emerging now, be it a PDP breakaway, will surely favour GEJ...If U really understand Nigerian Politics, u will concur with me on this

Don't get it Twisted, Am Rooting 4 GEJ
That is why it is very important that Anambra state remains either in PDP or an APGA that is still willing to do favors for GEJ like the docile Obi led APGA else, even the Eastern votes will not be guaranteed like before.
Re: Amaechi, Others Float New Party by Sant1m: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
texaco1:
Nigeria has some really good comedians
,okorocha for president!!
Well maybe NURTW president anyway
you a clown indeed for calling a man who has already made a success of his life a commedian, has any of your generation achieved any thing close to rochas a man ur calling a commedian. What an insult from u, rochas is not my brother but i respect achievers when i see them. Make something out of your life even if u can be a commedian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan & VP Sambo With African Ambassadors (photo) / Sanwo-Olu: Those Who Brutalised #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protesters Won’t Go Free / Chimamanda's Letter, The Tantrums Of A Trump Re-incarnate In Nigeria - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.