Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,778 members, 7,837,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia (4119 Views)

Know The 9 Indonesia Prison Inmates To Be Executed At Midnight Today / Photos And Profiles Of The 4 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia / Okwudili Ayotanze To Be Executed In Indonesia For Drug Smuggling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2008
RedHotChic:

A man's life is in serious danger and you are talking about spurring our redundant govt. It's the amnesty international that is pleading his cause, why didnt they wait for ojo madukwe to plead for him?

I hate to tell you this but instead of blaming Saudi arabia, again, if you must blame anyone, blame your government. Amnesty international can only do so much for people. Ideally, governments get things done better and quicker. SO again, IF YOU HAVE TO BLAME ANYONE, blame your government and not the saudi's for having such strict laws in place in their own land.

RedHotChic:

There are so many unfortunate incidents here but it's cold to let him waste because Yaradua and ojo are nonchalant about his situation. If this boy is related to any of us, we'll surely be singing another song.

Trust me, If he was related to me, I would still be singing the same song. If you have to blame anyone, blame your own government, and not the saudi's for having such strict laws in place in THEIR OWN LAND.

RedHotChic:

I still maintain that anybody has a right to visit wherever he/she wants. We don't know what took him there, may be hardship, may be that's the only place he has a relation in the world, may be he was taken there as a toddler etc. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"_ M L King jnr.

Sure, you can visit any land you are allowed to but when you are in rome, you behave as the romans do and that applies to date, no matter where you find yourself. The man is accused of killing someone and in Saudi, death is penalty if found guilty. Do you expect the Saudi's to change their law cause a Nigerian is involved??hhhmmmm,  I still say instead of taking your anger out on Saudi Arabia, you spend that energy trying to wake up your government to do something before it is too late for the man. We can go around and around in circles on this or we can choose to put a stop to this once and for all by waking the government up to act on behalf of it's citizens around the world.
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by superman(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2008
undecided?
not a suprised!
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by RedHotChic(f): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2008
Sure, you can visit any land you are allowed to but when you are in rome, you behave as the romans do and that applies to date, no matter where you find yourself. The man is accused of killing someone and in Saudi, death is penalty if found guilty. [b]Do you expect the Saudi's to change their law cause a Nigerian is involved??[/b]hhhmmmm, I still say instead of taking your anger out on Saudi Arabia, you spend that energy trying to wake up your government to do something before it is too late for the man. We can go around and around in circles on this or we can choose to put a stop to this once and for all by waking the government up to act on behalf of it's citizens around the world
Helllo, am not asking them to change nothing but that doesn't mean the accused should be denied of the basic fundamental human rights. He was cuckolded into the death sentence without following the due process of law. Even terrorists are tried and defended accordingly in America much as they may hate to do so. Our govt is lame, is it the Ojo maduwke that claimed that no Nigerian was killed in RSA that will come up and plead his cause? If you think the govt is lame and you wish to help the boy, why not use your good offices to revitalize and regurgitate our govt to do something for him fast or are we denying him help because he's not a northerner?
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2008
RedHotChic:

Helllo, am not asking them to change nothing but that doesn't mean the accused should be denied of the basic fundamental human rights. He was cuckolded into the death sentence without following the due process of law. Even terrorists are tried and defended accordingly in America much as they may hate to do so. Our govt is lame, is it the Ojo maduwke that claimed that no Nigerian was killed in RSA that will come up and plead his cause? If you think the govt is lame and you wish to help the boy, why not use your good offices to revitalize and regurgitate our govt to do something for him fast or are we denying him help because he's not a northerner?

First Off, He is a Human and a Nigerian. All that tribal nonsense that people spout in here has nothing to do with me or my debating issues. Can we please keep all that tribalistic hatred and bias to one end as we are speaking of a Nigerian in Saudi Arabia here.

Fact is, he is not in America where he can at least have the government of america fight on his behalf. He is in Saudi Arabia and his hope lies more in the hands of the Nigerian government intervening on his behalf than it does any other organization out there. Instead of pushing the Ojo Maduekwe aside, we have a better chance telling him to get up and act to save this man's life than we do if we decide to sit around and continue debating his rights in Saudi Arabia.

Sign petitions, send it to government to instruct them to act on behalf of this man. That is a more effective way of working to see that this man does not end up dying an unjust death here.
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by superman(m): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2008
Fact is, he is not in America where he can at least have the government of america fight on his behalf. He is in Saudi Arabia and his hope lies more in the hands

well i guess this is contradictary redish chic somehow to the gosple you been preaching
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by RedHotChic(f): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2008
well i guess this is contradictary redish chic somehow to the gosple you been preaching
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by superman(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2008
well then(just looking)
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by pcicero(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2008
Well, after all said. What really do these Nigerians want from some of these countries? U can imagine the desperation with which they travel abroad in this country as if it's a curse staying in their fatherland. (Agreed that Nigeria is not a country to be proud of). Yes, ask Angola, Equitorial Guinea, Gabon and now Ghana what they have done with their oil wealth. Alas, our own President is yet to come to terms with the enormous task ahead of him. I am not even sure if he can remember his much touted seven points agenda.
Well as for my compatriots, they run abroad hoping to discover quick routes to success. They engage in killing, stealing, scamming and drug traficking in the process hoping to come back someday to build castles, business empires and eventually become big time politicians- (honourable?)house of rep, (distinguished?) senator, and even(his excellency?) governor.
They are all there in the various arms and levels of govt. What more do we expect from such leaders?
Cry my beloved country!
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by RedHotChic(f): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2008
Well, after all said. What really do these Nigerians want from some of these countries?
It's in human nature to migrate to where he'll get a better life. Some people from even neighbouring Ogun state migrate to Lagos because they want to better their lives, will you ask them why they decided not to stay back in Ota?
Re: Olufemi, A Nigerian, To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia by SeanT21(f): 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2008
He is sentenced to death because he kill a policemen.

What happen to Jail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Castrates Boyfriend With Bare-hands / Blackaxe and Vikings war in Aba everybody start running - PHOTOS / Cultists Have Overthrown Tiktok!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.