Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (557170 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nihilist: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Because that's how we chose him to be.

So we can choose God to be our mother?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh brother ... You still have not understood the Logic of God and Everything

God is eternal . And the existence of an uncaused creator is logical . People who fight against the belief in God are proposing that the universe is uncaused . There are still and will never be an evidence for that .

The existence of the constituents of the universe and their functionalities plead for the existence of an eternal creator , an ALL in ALL . Can you prove the universe needs no creator or you gona entertain me with rational assumptions .

A rational stance, aside Religion , is understanding the "God model" - EVERYTHING is His/Him and He is EVERYWHERE . Can you refute that ?

Oh dear ! You did not just being up the omnipotence paradox !

Can you arm wrestle with yourself ? Oh beat yourself in a wrestling contest ? So that statement alone is illogical

Guy this is the modern age and you are bringing up obsolete mentally vapid arguments ? You need to understand the Logic of God and EVERYTHING .

If the mental picture I want you to grasp is too bright and sharp and I can tone it down you know

1) God is eternal? Where did he come from? He created himself? lol.

2) The omnipotence paradox works.

I can put together a mass of rocks that I can not carry. You see, God can't do that- if he can create a rock that he can't carry, he is not omnipotent because there is a rock he cant carry.

Asking me if I can arm wrestle myself to mirror the logic of the omnipotence paradox is plain wrong.

The omnipotent paradox can be demonstrated but your arm wrestling argument cant-
-I can gather a mass of rocks such that I wouldnt be able to carry them
-Conversely, I can not arm wrestle myself

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nihilist:

That argument irritates me greatly.

The whole concept of intelligent design too.

Here on planet earth,commercial products are usually designed by a team of designers, and can involve as many a couple thousand people to bring the product to market.

I wonder what the celestial labour force consists of...and if they are unionised cheesy

That'w why I think the Hindus and the 33 million gods they believe in are actually a bit more grounded in reality...economic reality that is.

That's true- all manner of mass productions have always been done by a group of people manufacturing the goods.

How then can the mass manufacturing of planets and animals be done by one god?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. But you never admitted they could do this when they were active. Somehow I believe Anony is hovering around.

Bros.......read my comment again- "word salad" is not a complement nor a positive word.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

Bros.......read my comment again- "word salad" is not a complement nor a positive word.
But it interests and confuses you. You never admitted the former.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nihilist:

So we can choose God to be our mother?
Yes!

Now I rushed out the other time and couldn't explain why I said that earlier. Let me do so.

We call God different names based on our revelation of him. When he appeared to Moses, he referred to himself as the I am that I am, to Abraham his revelation of himself was different and to David he was so many things, his shepherd, his defense, his fortress, and so on. Many have called him the strong and breasted one and others have called him what they felt at that moment was appropriate for a God who showed up for them in a situation.

It was only once on the cross that Jesus called him, 'My God, My God...' because of the situation at the time. I've heard people say my mother has been a father and mother to me, that doesn't mean their mothers are male.

Then about us created in the image and after the likeness of God, that Scripture has a deeper meaning. It doesn't mean physical features like nose, mouth, eyes, hands and so on. As a matter of fact, the bible says "In his wings, there is healing...", the question then is, do we have wings? Do we say now that we weren't created in his image again? No.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Yes!

Now I rushed out the other time and couldn't explain why I said that earlier. Let me do so.

We call God different names based on our revelation of him. When he appeared to Moses, he referred to himself as the I am that I am, to Abraham his revelation of himself was different and to David he was so many things, his shepherd, his defense, his fortress, and so on. Many have called him the strong and breasted one and others have called him what they felt at that moment was appropriate for a God who showed up for them in a situation.

It was only once on the cross that Jesus called him, 'My God, My God...' because of the situation at the time. I've heard people say my mother has been a father and mother to me, that doesn't mean their mothers are male.

Then about us created in the image and after the likeness of God, that Scripture has a deeper meaning. It doesn't mean physical features like nose, mouth, eyes, hands and so on. As a matter of fact, the bible says "In his wings, there is healing...", the question then is, do we have wings? Do we say now that we weren't created in his image again? No.

this post is full of him/ his/he.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:

this post is full of him/ his/he.
You want me to refer to God as it/she?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nihilist: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Yes!

In other words, 'God' is really just a subjective featureless 'experience' that can't really be described?

Genderless, possibly winged, potentially a military building, and possessing a set of jugs?

I'm only asking because I want to be absolutely certain of your position

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
But it interests and confuses you. You never admitted the former.

A word salad in essence should be confusing and irrational, shouldnt it?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

You want me to refer to God as it/she?

Lol! me i'm just enjoying this and seriously Laughin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nihilist:

In other words, 'God' is really just a subjective featureless 'experience' that can't really be described?

Genderless, possibly winged, potentially a military building, and possessing a set of jugs?

I'm only asking because I want to be absolutely certain of your position
Lol. I don't know about all these features you mentioned but I know he is God. He isn't human, he's a Spirit and I started earlier by saying there is neither male nor female.

God is indescribable.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nihilist: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. I don't know about all these features you mentioned but I know he is God. He isn't human, he's a Spirit and I started earlier by saying there is neither male nor female.

God is indescribable.

So Basically God is a blank canvass upon which you project your expectations, beliefs, ideas, dogmas, morality, and looks?

Kingebukasblog...what do you have to say to this?

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

A word salad in essence should be confusing and irrational, shouldnt it?
That means it doesn't interests or confuses you what the guys did?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
That means it doesn't interests or confuses you what the guys did?

grin grin

What is it, Reyginus? What do you want from me?

This is the third time I'm asking this question
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:

Lol! me i'm just enjoying this and seriously Laughin
Lol. I know you understand and believe in the Holy Spirit. Tell me, is the Holy Spirit referred to as 'it' by you or you prefer 'she' as a pronoun.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin

What is it, Reyginus? What do you want from me?

This is the third time I'm asking this question
Lol. I only want you to be truthful online always.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nihilist:

So Basically God is a blank canvass upon which you project your expectations, beliefs, ideas, dogmas, morality, and looks?

Kingebukasblog...what do you have to say to this?
Lol. When I say he's indescribable it is because there are no words to describe him. He isn't a blank canvass or whatever you want to call it, he is God.

You want me to say he shares certain facial features with Nihilist? I don't know about that.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. I know you understand and believe in the Holy Spirit. Tell me, is the Holy Spirit referred to as 'it' by you or you prefer 'she' as a pronoun.

Looool! im so not saying anything on this board.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I only want you to be truthful online always.

Truthful? You want the truth?

Can you admit that my atheist evangelism ministry touched you? cheesy
You werent an atheist/secular when I met you and the history of the religion section is littered with different times me and you debating it out.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

Truthful? You want the truth?

Can you admit that my atheist evangelism ministry touched you? cheesy
You werent an atheist/secular when I met you and the history of the religion section is littered with different times me and you debating it out.

Lololol. Touched who? I was never that dumb, boy. I can never be an Atheist. It requires absolute Knowledge or some special Esoteric knowledge to admit that. Now, I only pity people who call themselves atheists. How can somebody say that?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:

Looool! im so not saying anything on this board.
Lol. I thought you were going to say sth and teach me new stuff.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lololol. Touched who? I was never that dumb, boy. I can never be an Atheist. It requires absolute Knowledge or some special Esoteric knowledge to admit that. Now, I only pity people who call themselves atheists. How can somebody say that?

You have indirectly admitted that you're not a christian. You havent converted to islam and also, you are not into traditional spirituality given your talks with folykazee.

So what are you?

Can you admit that I had a role in you leaving christianity?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

You have indirectly admitted that you're not a christian. You havent converted to islam and also, you are not into traditional spirituality given your talks with folykazee.

So what are you?

Can you admit that I had a role in you leaving christianity?
Lol. You are not that smart. I don't consider myself worthy of the term. It's too good and wonderful but I am not too good or wonderful. I've always being a mind.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
What is atheism? a lack of belief in theism. A belief that theres no God.

Mathematically, an entity created out of a null entity is a null entity. Its Like 8×0=0.

in that case, the existence of atheism itself, is the acknowledgment of God, but presenting God as a null entity.

If God doesnt exist dont you think Atheism wouldnt exist?

In conclusion, can we just say atheism is just a barrage. Of Words and conceptualization of what we dont really understand?

oya Debate. Cc amicable09, nihilist
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
@Jackbizzle And @ reyginus

Two babies in the womb are discussin

Baby a: do you believe in mom? do you believe in life after birth?

baby b: no. I cant see mom. Why should i believe she. Exists? what is the proof? it all ends here. I dont believe in life after birth

Discuss your opinions on these.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. You are not that smart. I don't consider myself worthy of the term. It's too good and wonderful but I am not too good or wonderful. I've always being a mind.

$1,000,000 to whoever can translate this verbose nonsense.

mtcheww.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:

Mathematically, an entity created out of a null entity is a null entity. Its Like 8×0=0.

in that case, the existence of atheism itself, is the acknowledgment of God, but presenting God as a null entity.

In conclusion, can we just say atheism is just a barrage. Of Words and conceptualization of what we dont really understand?

Lol. JackBizzle will hate this logic but it's the logic. It is like saying that God cannot be known logically when actually you came to the conclusion using logic.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by amicable09(f): 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:

Lol. You are now going to moderate the debate right? Let's see how it goes.

First speaker...
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by teechudleyy(f): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. JackBizzle will hate this logic but it's the logic. It is like saying that God cannot be known logically when actually you came to the conclusion using logic.

Exactly. I know im looking for trouble tho.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. When I say he's indescribable it is because there are no words to describe him. He isn't a blank canvass or whatever you want to call it, he is God..
Why don't we call this a mystery? What we do not know?
Why assume 'it' to a being, then give it a form in our own image?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
teechudleyy:
@Jackbizzle And @ reyginus

Two babies in the womb are discussin

Baby a: do you believe in mom? do you believe in life after birth?

baby b: no. I cant see mom. Why should i believe she. Exists? what is the proof? it all ends here. I dont believe in life after birth

Discuss your opinions on these.
Simply, lack of absolute information of their location. But it is a weak argument. You didn't factor the fact that one of the babies claim to hear mum singing them to sleep. Something the other says it's not possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.