Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager (4952 Views)

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT / Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by halmeyd(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
The Flying Antelopes have said that one of their former players who now plays for Dolphins sent hoodlums to beat their general manager for fees owed him

Enugu Rangers have alleged that Dolphins' striker Fred Okwara sent hoodlums to attack the club's general manager, Paul Chibuzor Ozor and some other management members after their 0-2 loss in Port Harcourt on Sunday.

In a message to Goal, Flying Antelopes' director of media and publicity Foster Chime alleged that Okwara who featured for Dolphins during the match day 27 cracker hired thugs that descended on Ozor because of alleged Rangers' indebtedness to him while he was still playing for the Coal City side some years back.

According to Chime: "After the match, Fred Okwara accosted the General Manager with his hoodlums forcefully taking him hostage and collecting his phones and N300,000 before the intervention of the Police that saw Ozor (GM) and the other management staff to the Elekahia Police Station where we made formal complaint and report.

"He sent people to attack our General Manager because he alleged that we were owing him. I have never seen this barbaric scene before."

Meanwhile, Dolphins' striker Fred Okwara told Goal that he didn't attack the Rangers general manager nor did he send any thug to attack him and other Rangers' staff.

He explained that he went to approach Rangers' general manager, Paul Chibuzor Ozor after the match asking him about the debt the club owed him.

Okwara said in the process his fans came around to ask what happened but that they never touched anybody.

"I didn't attack anybody. What I did was to approach Rangers' GM after the match and ask for my money. My fans came around and they asked me what was wrong. I never ordered them to beat or attack anybody and they didn't touch anybody.

"Rangers have been owing me the money for long. Is it now that I will send thugs to attack them?" Okwara informed Goal.

Rangers lost 2-0 at the Liberation Stadium, Port Harcourt through goals from Austin Ekpoma and Ifeanyi Egwin in the 1st and 75th minutes of the game.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3955/africa/2013/08/26/4214589/rangers-claim-thugs-attacked-general-manager-in-port
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Evestar200(f): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2013
Thats nigeria league for u
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
NawaOooo
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by WHIZBRO(m): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Rooney go soon hire thugs like suareZ and co go beat Moyes.
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by floxyoly(f): 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
nija for u
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
WHIZBRO: Rooney go soon hire thugs like suareZ and co go beat Moyes.
Unto say weytin happen?
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by NIGHTFOX: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
hehehehehe joke of the day
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by SeniorSana(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Donmichaelz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
Av been on Nairaland for years and have neva gotten a LIKE,abeg like my post I need @ least 100 for all my hard work,perseverance and dedication, like or I commit suiside smiley.........God bless

9 Likes

Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by onospolo: 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dat is very barbaric and on called 4.
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by onospolo: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
Very barbaric of he
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by ecolime(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
Donmichaelz: Av been on Nairaland for years and have neva gotten a LIKE,abeg like my post I need @ least 100 for all my hard work,perseverance and dedication, like or I commit suiside smiley.........God bless
Who send? You better die

I love Naija... Funny news everyday grin
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by olumaxi(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Donmichaelz: Av been on Nairaland for years and have neva gotten a LIKE,abeg like my post I need @ least 100 for all my hard work,perseverance and dedication, like or I commit suiside smiley.........God bless
u cant b crioz..r u sure u r even liked in ur neighbour-hood!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Bryancrox(m): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
Open 100 nairaland acct and give yourself 100Likes,make you nor work hard 2 get likes you hear
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2013

R.I.P dude.
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by Durchmann(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2013

My guy, wetin still keep you? I fit sell you rat-poison wey go finish you with ease... No time!

Pm me abeg. Your time don reach...
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by simpleseyi: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
If you can't beat them, get people to get them beaten.
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by jahlove4jah: 5:08am On Aug 28, 2013
. You better kill your self than commit suicide
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by teric4love(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2013
Naija players get fans?.. If u receive emploment letter, y cant u go to court for justice.. Y do u approach him initialy. Police should investigate dis matter。
Re: Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager by nnanyereugo(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2013

dia is power in a spoken wrd. Beta mind wat u wish ursef cos d devil might use it against u.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 / Beware Of All Telegram Fixed Game Channels / FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.