Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 (4960 Views)

2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria plays Algeria in the last group game after meeting Egypt after loosing two goals cushing and blew it away to draw 2-2
Egypt came from two goals down to hold Nigeria to a 2-2 draw in their Group B Day two clash on Wednesday at the Caroline Faye Stadium, M'Bour.

Midfielder Etebo Peter Oghenekaro converted two penalties to give Nigeria a 2-0 lead at half time, but the Pharaohs responded strongly in the second half and neutralized the scores courtesy Ramadan Sobhi Ahmed and substitute Mamdouh El Sayed.

The result leaves Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt in contention for the group's two tickets for the next round. Algeria and Nigeria share top spot with four points apiece, Egypt has two points and Mali in that order with no point.Nigeria were yet again haunted by their dismal second half performance, surrendering a two-goal lead and lucky to escape with a point against a determined Egyptian side, who kept the West Africans on their back for a greater part of the second period.

Two handball incidents before the hour-mark gave the Dream Team a seemingly comfortable lead. Pharaohs captain Rami Rabia handled in the 19th minute and Etebo scored the opener from the spot.Few minutes later, Mohamed Hany Gamal also handled in the vital area and Etebo was on hand to double the lead on 30 minutes.The Pharaohs were undaunted by the two-goal deficit, returning with a strong presence in the second half, yielding dividends barely 60-seconds upon recess. Ahly youngster Sobhi Ahmed headed home from a Mohamed Sharf Edin cross from the left to make it 2-1.

Five minutes later, El Sayed leveled with a cool finish from an acute position and set the game alive.The Egyptians maintained control of the game with consistent raids into the Nigerians half.On 55 minutes, Nigeria coach Samson Siasia pulled out an ineffective Taiwo Awoniyi for Eyo Ebong, and the substitution barely affected the rhythm of the game.Zamalek winger Mostafa Fathi almost announced his presence with a goal on 71 minutes with a shot that flew across the face of goal.

A rare Nigerian attack on 75 minutes saw Muhammed Usman struck a shot that rattled the post to the relief of the Egyptians.Egypt will play Mali in M'Bour on Saturday whilst Nigeria and Algeria lock horns in the other Group B match in Dakar.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by successinlife: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mark my words and quote me after this match Nigeria Vs Algeria- Nigeria win...

I read alot about people castigating the team and the coach Siasia after defeating Mali by 3-2 score margin,the annoyance of some people is that why did Nigeria allowed Mali to score two goals in the second half.

I watched the match from the beginning to end and i say loud and clear that the better side did win and that is Nigeria..Football is round and it can be funny atimes.I want the people that are saying negative words to please tell me why Barcelona defeat Real Madrid 4-0 in Santiago Barnebeau with Christiano Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale etc unable to score a single goal.Why should Arsenal lost to West Brom of all teams.Why is Chelsea struggling in EPL till date?all these teams have first class coaches and yet they don't get it right always.

If we don't like teams coming from behind against us we should also dislike coming from behind to draw or win games which is common with all Nigerian teams.I think Mali did not go to Senegal for U-23 olympic qualifier to sell or buy groundnuts,everybody want to qualify hence they gave 150% of their capacity to salvage at least a point but Kudos to Nigeria U-23 team for holding on to their lead even though the lead was reduced the team still recorded a slim 3-2 win,who says Nigeria can't be fighting from behind against that malian team which had half of their players as france born,a kind of semi pro players.

In any qualifier,the first match is always tense and played with caution because the outcome of your first match sets the tone to how far a team can progress,3 points in the bag in our first game is a good result,ask the Egyptian and Algeria or better still the dfeated Malian side that lost to us how easy it will be for them to negotiate qualification.

Nigerians oh Nigeria learn to appreciate whatever good result your teams recorded in international competitions,where are the Ghanians ,Cameroonians?I tell you,there is no much difference between our playing styles to that of Ghana but yet Nigeria is blessed to always raise a team of all levels year in year out.

Though,this is my observations,we still solicit and wish our teams get it right always and there is always room for improvement.This team will improve with matches played.God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Algeria won 2-0 against Mali
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
successinlife:

I read alot about people castigating the team and the coach Siasia after defeating Mali by 3-2 score margin,the annoyance of some people is that why did Nigeria allowed Mali to score two goals in the second half.

I watched the match from the beginning to end and i say loud and clear that the better side did win and that is Nigeria..Football is round and it can be funny atimes.I want the people that are saying negative words to please tell me why Barcelona defeat Real Madrid 4-0 in Santiago Barnebeau with Christiano Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale etc unable to score a single goal.Why should Arsenal lost to West Brom of all teams.Why is Chelsea struggling in EPL till date?all these teams have first class coaches and yet they don't get it right always.

If we don't like teams coming from behind against us we should also dislike coming from behind to draw or win games which is common with all Nigerian teams.I think Mali did not go to Senegal for U-23 olympic qualifier to sell or buy groundnuts,everybody want to qualify hence they gave 150% of their capacity to salvage at least a point but Kudos to Nigeria U-23 team for holding on to their lead even though the lead was reduced the team still recorded a slim 3-2 win,who says Nigeria can't be fighting from behind against that malian team which had half of their players as france born,a kind of semi pro players.

In any qualifier,the first match is always tense and played with caution because the outcome of your first match sets the tone to how far a team can progress,3 points in the bag in our first game is a good result,ask the Egyptian and Algeria or better still the dfeated Malian side that lost to us how easy it will be for them to negotiate qualification.

Nigerians oh Nigeria learn to appreciate whatever good result your teams recorded in international competitions,where are the Ghanians ,Cameroonians?I tell you,there is no much difference between our playing styles to that of Ghana but yet Nigeria is blessed to always raise a team of all levels year in year out.

Though,this is my observations,we still solicit and wish our teams get it right always and there is always room for improvement.This team will improve with matches played.God bless Nigeria.

Can we beat Algeria?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Algerians are faster than Egyptians.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by firstYS(m): 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
For Nigeria to defeat Algerian they have to score 2goals or 3 in the first half cos if Algerian should score first I don't think we can equalize the goal. Our goals in the first half is what has been helping us. Kudos to our boys. In 2face voice E no Easy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
firstYS:
For Nigeria to defeat Algerian they have to score 2goals or 3 in the first half cos if Algerian should score first I don't think we can equalize the goal. Our goals in the first half is what has been helping us. Kudos to our boys. In 2face voice E no Easy.

I concur 10 goals in the first half

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
Siasia needs this game more than anything, a draw will not help unless Egypt fail to beat Mali
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
firstYS:

Only three teams qualify for Olympics,we must make final to be sure.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Optional2(f): 1:02am On Dec 04, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2015
Optional2:
ok

Have my fear for this game. God will help us
cc mukina2
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
Please put on your thinking cap, Siasia

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2015
Hope there will be fair play cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2015
The last we met Algeria we beat them 4-1 in 2011 pre-tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
We must win oh
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
successinlife:

Nice one,Salute your patrotism
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Captainswag225(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
present sir! leggo, wish the dream team all the best, firsteva, i hope they make u happy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by carbony4red(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
Oya now
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by babadem2much(m): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
iwaeda:

> grin grin u wan kill pesin ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
G
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by BabaO2: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
iwaeda:
The last we met Algeria we beat them 4-1 in 2011 pre-tournament
This Algerian team beat Mali that convincingly outplayed us in the opening match by 2-0. very little hope 2moro
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
Captainswag225:
present sir! leggo, wish the dream team all the best, firsteva, i hope they make u happy.
I didn't even know about the match lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by jamalsky: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by searay(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
I will only watch first half
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by femi4: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Can we beg CAF to cancel the Second half. I don't want high blood pressure.

Optional2, shizzy7.....Oya go sit for front, back seats are meant for tall people
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Captainswag225(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
firstEVA:
I didn't even know about the match lipsrsealed
they are playing for a place at the olympic games in brazil next year.... so where ur vuvuzela at?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Nctrice(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
for the past two games in this competition has been wrong, I just hope this time is right this time around
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by fF01(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Am sorry to say, i don't see Nigeria beating Algeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by fF01(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
iwaeda:

na handBall??
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by ZDee: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
South Africa and Senegal to the semis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nigeria can win.
And Nigeria will win.
Quote me after the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria U-23 Olympics Qualifier Dec 5 18:00 by iwaeda: 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
babadem2much:

> grin grin u wan kill pesin ?

It shows we always conceed two goals in second half

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi, Taraba Win Gold In Taekwondo / AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF / Mary Onyali-Omagbemi - maryonyali.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.