Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport (6993 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
HappyJoe:

It's clear that people like you don't like progress outside your narrow enclave in Nigeria. I'm sorry there's nothing I can do about that.
if you call this airport progress, then i can't argue with you. Everyone has a different level of thinking. When someone diminished their expectation or hope for their nation to the bearest minimum, even the air you breath. You'll soon start thanking GEJ for it. Surely Such a mind can't be saved.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by kettykin: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lest we forget so soon of our past , Biafra had the busiest airport in all of Africa, biafra has the biggest market in Africa, nothing presently stops enugu airport from becoming the busiest airport in all of Africa
“Uli ‘airport’ was the busiest in all of Africa, handling up to 50 flights a night, and each flight broke some international law... It was all put together by a bunch of church people and humanitarians who refused to be bound by old mission, old diplomacy...”
If igbo land is landlocked it is not air locked

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by theoctopus: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: if you call this airport progress, then i can't argue with you. Everyone has a different level of thinking. When someone diminished their expectation or hope for their nation to the bearest minimum, even the air you breath. You'll soon start thanking GEJ for it. Surely Such a mind can't be saved.

You sound very stup1d as usual. I dont know why folks are even bothering to reply you. Trolling is a sign of joblessness and attention seeking, inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IGBOSON1: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
kettykin: Lest we forget so soon of our past , Biafra had the busiest airport in all of Africa, biafra has the biggest market in Africa, nothing presently stops enugu airport from becoming the busiest airport in all of Africa

If igbo land is landlocked it is not air locked

^^^On the bolded: Yes there is......just one word sums it up: NIGERIA! Read the posts of the poster above you^^ and you'd realise just what we're up against! That's why in one of my previous posts on this thread i stated some of the conditions that would have to be in place to allow Enugu int'l to fly!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Symphony007: It's always good news when buisness make money and grow in our country so i find it encouraging that despite the substandard state of the airport, it still has a willing amount of users, which makes me imagine the possibilities if the airport was better.

Futhermore, i urge you folks here not to shy away from threads like the oil theft one on frontpage calling out this government's corruption or inability to curb corruption. You can lay critisim and still love someone, infact, if you truely love someone you'll tell them the truth and hope for change. Once again good development.
nna gerraway you. Youre just too sad to be in a civilized society

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 6:30am On Aug 27, 2013
theoctopus:

You sound very stup1d as usual. I dont know why folks are even bothering to reply you. Trolling is a sign of joblessness and attention seeking, inferiority complex.
nice talking to you pal.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Symphony007: 6:31am On Aug 27, 2013
talktimi: nna gerraway you. Youre just too sad to be in a civilized society
always a pleasure talking to you, buddy!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2013
Symphony007: i have nothing against the igbo people, or their aspiration at development. If you belive this airport which is by no means up to other nigerian airport standards is the key to unlock your economic potentials, then enjoy. If this is the best you think indigbo deserves then enjoy.

pasa.
By d tym they are thru with constructing d int'l terminal, u can say all these tnz.
For now u r pointless.
GEJ 2015

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by mrchemist(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I'm sure it has already surpassed Kano.....i think it may struggle to match Port Harcourt; Enugu can come close to matching Lagos and Abuja (in the long run) only if we have our own country or with Nigeria operating true fiscal federalism with a weak centre!

. Goodnews I m glad and kodos to GEJ for the work done on the airport,nw let all SouthEast use this medium to show case our economic power to the world, 1yr from today no airport in nigeria will stand Enugu airport, I m from Owerri for my family friends in UK. USA,Europe will fly direct to Enugu we have agreed its the best and easy way,No more Custom,accident, police fear from lagos road to East. My fellow Igbo tell ur brothers, friends, uncle,relative to fly Enugu... God Bless GEJ... GOD bless South East....

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2013
Symphony007: always a pleasure talking to you, buddy!
the pleasure is all mine grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nebeuwa(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
cKaiser: Now that you have an international airport, So whats the reason for still staying back in Lagos.

Time to return to Alaibo

The River Niger dredging for Onitsha port, the Ibaka seaport and a Second Niger Bridge and you will have a deal. cool

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by cKaiser: 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
An Ibo Poster said you already have those things So what more do you want

alexchiny:

At least they gave us the first COAS of igbo extraction, 2nd Niger bridge,upgraded Enugu Airport to international standard, appointed our sons and daughters to sensitive positions in Government and many many others.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nebeuwa(m): 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
cKaiser: An Ibo Poster said you already have those things So what more do you want

There is already a Second Niger Bridge? shocked When did this happen? Maybe he said that this administration is planning to do this. But we still need the River Niger dredging and the Ibaka seaport. Then you will have a deal.

Of course there will be some Igbo traders who will remain in Lagos as well as those who have been in Lagos for generations. Please take good care of them. cool

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IgboDelta: 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
Enugu Airport: Businessmen, tourists laud Jonathan
Our Reporter August 27, 2013 1 Comment »
Enugu Airport: Businessmen, tourists laud Jonathan

…As first flight lands in Addis Ababa from Enugu

From LOUIS IBA in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Ethiopian Airline, flight ET 930 which took off from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport,Enugu at 2.34pm (Nigerian time) on its inaugural flight landed the Bole International Airport, Addis Ababa (about 9. 20pm Ethiopian time) with passengers on board applauding President Goodluck Jonathan for opening up the Enugu airport for international flight operations.

“For us in the South East zone of Nigeria, this is a dream come true,” said Temple Udeh, President, Enugu State Traders Association.

“For years we have suffered the inconvenience, the hardship, and borne additional cost of travelling to Lagos and Abuja to board international flights for our businesses outside Nigeria. But with this flight taking off from Enugu that long journey and added cost has ended. We commend President Jonathan for giving this to us,” added Udeh.

He said he imports goods from China, Japan, and Dubai, but finds it easier connecting flights at Addis Ababa to these business destinations. Udeh was among the 158 passengers who made history on the inaugural flight. As the passengers boarded the flight and took their seats, they wore a smile and radiated an air of fulfilment. Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime and Deputy Senate President, Ike Ikweremadu were two of the top government dignitaries that were on board the flight.

Shortly before the flight took off, Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, entered the flight to have a chat and take pictures with passengers.

Okonjo Iweala, told Daily Sun that getting an international flight out of Enugu “was a great achievement and had lots of economic benefits to people in the South East.”

“I am happy and that is why I had to come inside the air craft to see it happening. Now businesses will be done more easily between these people and the outside world,” she added.

Obi, and Okonjo Iweala confirmed that the government had indeed responded to the yearnings of the people by granting the request for an international airport that would linked the South East to the rest of the world.

One passenger, who simply identified himself as Francis, in company of three children and his wife on board the flight said the commencement of international flight operations from Enugu Airport would boost leisure and tourism.

“I am taking my family to Dubai for a holiday,” Francis said. “Now you can imagine how much I have saved by not flying to Lagos first and possibly spending a night in an hotel before getting a flight to Dubai. That extra cost has all ended with the opening of Enugu to international operation. For me, traveling for leisure or holiday has been made easy,” he added.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/enugu-airport-businessmen-tourists-laud-jonathan/

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
And they really tried convincing us that this airport will not be profitable... Smh, same they've said about the coming ibaka deep sea port & i wonder how that will be possible
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
talktimi: And they really tried convincing us that this airport will not be profitable... Smh, same they've said about the coming ibaka deep sea port & i wonder how that will be possible

I marvel at the reasoning of some of the posters here. So you are declaring Enugu International Airport a success after a few days of operations? Is this what they teach in accounting and economics classes in the SE? I would have imagined that the viability and success of the airport as a business venture will be determined by the traffic performance in the medium -long term i.e, 5-20 years undecided

Folks are rejoicing because Ethopian Airline flew 150 passengers on one journey? Do you guys have rudimentary knowledge of Cost-Benefit Analyses or how Airlines determine their profit margins from particular destinations? Instead of coming here to bless GEJ who is using the SE to his political advantage, you should work hard at making the airport sustainable and profitable in the long run- remember it is a business at the end of the day.

In summary, this thread will become relevant in a year or 2, when we can all make a verifiable determination of the success of the Enugu Airport or otherwise. Quit being emotional and dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

P.S. Additionally, it is imperative that you sensitize young men from the SE to avoid giving the airport a reputational damage by engaging in drug smuggling from the airport as this will severely restrict the progress of the airport- genuine and friendly advise.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

I marvel at the reasoning of some of the posters here. So you are declaring Enugu International Airport a success after a few days of operations? Is this what they teach in accounting and economics classes in the SE? I would have imagined that the viability and success of the airport as a business venture will be determined by the traffic performance in the medium -long term i.e, 5-20 years undecided

Folks are rejoicing because Ethopian Airline flew 150 passengers on one journey? Do you guys have rudimentary knowledge of Cost-Benefit Analyses or how Airlines determine their profit margins from particular destinations? Instead of coming here to bless GEJ who is using the SE to his political advantage, you should work hard at making the airport sustainable and profitable in the long run- remember it is a business at the end of the day.

In summary, this thread will become relevant in a year or 2, when we can all make a verifiable determination of the success of the Enugu Airport or otherwise. Quit being emotional and dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

P.S. Additionally, it is imperative that you sensitize young men from the SE to avoid giving the airport a reputational damage by engaging in drug smuggling from the airport as this will severely restrict the progress of the airport- genuine and friendly advise.

no you are the one missing the point.
it will only get busier going forward
if they do their business well, this christmas season will be a major boom for them
it will no longer be business as usual
as for the potential for abuse, you cannot tell me that SE boys are more devious than yoruba or other nigerians
we are all nigerians
what is good for lagos is certainly good for enugu
thanks for not dying of jealousy. smh

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
re@lchange:

no you are the one missing the point.
it will only get busier going forward
if they do their business well, this christmas season will be a major boom for them
it will no longer be business as usual
as for the potential for abuse, you cannot tell me that SE boys are more devious than yoruba or other nigerians
we are all nigerians
what is good for lagos is certainly good for enugu
thanks for not dying of jealousy. smh

@ the bolded above, is that a statement of fact based on statistical and empirical evaluation or just wishful thinking?

By all means, most Yorubas are happy with the Enugu Airport, we pray for development in the SE, so that the SW can become decongested and for the overall development of Nigeria as a Nation.

I see you took my advise on SE men damaging the reputation of the Enugu Airport personal, but it is the truth though and you know it. Once airlines realise that the airport is being used as a gateway for drug trafficking then it will become problematic! Dont you agree?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

@ the bolded above, is that a statement of fact based on statistical and empirical evaluation or just wishful thinking?

By all means, most Yorubas are happy with the Enugu Airport, we pray for development in the SE, so that the SW can become decongested and for the overall development of Nigeria as a Nation.

I see you took my advise on SE men damaging the reputation of the Enugu Airport personal, but it is the truth though and you know it. Once airlines realise that the airport is being used as a gateway for drug trafficking then it will become problematic! Dont you agree?

lagos was not a problem even after thousands of abuse from your people including the last one by baba suwe (though juju saved him! cheesy )
don't worry, we can only manage about half of what you have already done to lagos, and yet it did not become a problem in lagos
your problem is that you are selective in your findings
your people have been into drugs for eons before the eastern boys even entered
even now, the eastern boys can only dream of what your people can do in that department
stop being biased and be happy for us for once
and stop pretending that you are happy, cos you aint! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
re@lchange:

lagos was not a problem even after thousands of abuse from your people including the last one by baba suwe (though juju saved him! cheesy )
don't worry, we can only manage about half of what you have already done to lagos, and yet it did not become a problem in lagos
your problem is that you are selective in your findings
your people have been into drugs for eons before the eastern boys even entered
even now, the eastern boys can only dream of what your people can do in that department
stop being biased and be happy for us for once
and stop pretending that you are happy, cos you aint! cheesy

lol- you are clutching at straws here dude. Out of all the millions of SE "industrious" men caught at the MMA everyday for drug trafficking, you can only refer to Baba Suwe, a man that is free today? grin grin

I will be happy if the airport is used for development because unlike you, I am aware that the progress of that airport will benefit the whole country grin grin

I am just advising you and your brothers that not to turn ENUGU Airport to Cocaine Airport. That Airport was built with Nigerian Money including Yoruba resources. You have a chance to prove that you are capable of achievement, take advantage of it and stop thinking everyone is your enemy. I am not Dr Osuji shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

lol- you are clutching at straws here dude. Out of all the millions of SE "industrious" men caught at the MMA everyday for drug trafficking, you can only refer to Baba Suwe, a man that is free today? grin grin

I will be happy if the airport is used for development because unlike you, I am aware that the progress of that airport will benefit the whole country grin grin

I am just advising you and your brothers that not to turn ENUGU Airport to Cocaine Airport. That Airport was built with Nigerian Money including Yoruba resources. You have a chance to prove that you are capable of achievement, take advantage of it and stop thinking everyone is your enemy. I am not Dr Osuji shocked shocked grin grin grin

the lagos airport was built with oil money, some of which came directly from igboland
SE people in lagos pay more tax than SW people in enugu, so either way we contribute more to nigeria's coffers than you (we contribute oil money and taxes)

why not focus on lagos airport which btw has far more drug problems than any airport in africa and will continue to lead others long after we return to enugu? lol

you are not osuji of course, but you clearly subscribe to his views about us.
kim jong un of north korea is not Vladimir Ilych Lenin, but still a communist remember? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
re@lchange:

the lagos airport was built with oil money, some of which came directly from igboland
SE people in lagos pay more tax than SW people in the enugu, so either way we contribute more to nigeria's coffers than you (we contribute oil money and taxes)

why not focus on lagos airport which btw has far more drug problems than any airport in africa and will continue to lead others long after we return to enugu? lol

you are not osuji of course, but you clearly subscribe to his views about us.
kim jong un of north korea is not Vladimir Ilych Lenin, but still a communist remember? cheesy

Do you want me to embarrass you with evidence of the the particular tribe in Nigeria that smuggles drugs from Lagos Aiport grin grin grin grin If you too yearn, I will expose ya brothers in Indonesia and Malaysia

I wish Enugu NDLEA the best grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Do you want me to embarrass you with evidence of the the particular tribe in Nigeria that smuggles drugs from Lagos Aiport grin grin grin grin If you too yearn, I will expose ya brothers in Indonesia and Malaysia

I wish Enugu NDLEA the best grin grin grin

you clearly want to embarass yourself. lol
don't let igbo boys with raw data show up here
your people are the barons in nigeria
igbo boys are only errand boys in drugs

btw you can continue your jealousy. it won't close down enugu airport! grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Longeria(m): 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Despite the fact that Lagos airport is a gateway for terrorists, tell me, which airline has shunned it? Just today a federal court gave extradition order against one BABAFEMI, a regular user of the airport to USA. Through that same airport a popular Yoruba actor was arrested and embarrassed because of drug offence, yet the airport is bubbling. If you don't have anything meaningful to say then............

Sharaaaaaaaaaap.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by cjrane: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
cKaiser: Now that you have an international airport, So whats the reason for still staying back in Lagos.

Time to return to Alaibo

So that you and FFK can go and take our property and gals eh?
Fa fa faaa ! FOWL!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by cjrane: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Laf wan kill me o!
Abeg, which Yoruba resources? Tell me [size=15pt]one item[/size] mined or extracted in Yorubaland that goes into the Federation account? Even cocoa farms set up by FG have been cornered by hungry yoruba farmers! One kobo isn't paid from them into the Federation account. Even the taxes collected in Lagos is mainly from Igbo businesses. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yoruba hasn't allowed other Nigerians to breath the free air God created without deporting them and killing Hausa people over [size=15pt]brown beans[/size] ,it is allowing "yoruba resources" to be used in Igboland of all places, while you still have rusty leaking roofs all over yorubaland?
Abeg, go do your ashawo work and tell such tales to your fellow yoruba gals standing all over the streets with you. Shameless Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 2:14am On Aug 29, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

your prejudiced and bigoted article is pathetically interesting. You seem to have the wrong motion that im from the SE which im not and also that this might be the first airport im going to be coming across neither am i even based there. Im just a person who is happy whenever those in government do their jobs and fulfill promises. Its quite unfortunate that someone seemingly as intelligent as you are can view an entire ethnic group as poorly educated, poverty stricken drug barons. Thats an unfortunate thing for you to imply and in fact, simply a despicable act. Im not going to argue economics with you as obviously the only reason you bring it up is to be mischievous by half since you conveniently forgot that there are major commercial cities in the SE that will greatly appreciate & utilize this airport and also the coming sea port at ibaka reducing the cost of haulage from Lagos to these cities. Pls always endeavor to argue with empirical facts next time, if you havent studied a terrain dont pass business judgement on it. Ok

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Freewilly(f): 2:50am On Aug 29, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

I'll do all my Igbo brothers and sisters a huge favor and summarize this nonsense post in two words so you'll don't waste your time reading it.

BAD BELLE!!!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
Freewilly:

I'll do all my Igbo brothers and sisters a huge favor and summarize this nonsense post in two words so you'll don't waste your time reading it.

BAD BELLE!!!

That is the problem with you people. You are very reactionary, defensive and paranoid; every constructive criticism or friendly advise is met with recriminations and abuse.

I merely said that it is too early to start calling that project a successful but advisable to take a long term measured approach but as usual you guys would want none of it- your mindset is every business must deliver instant results undecided

Bad Belle? grin Seriously? I am from Lagos Bruv, it will take Enugu 50 years to be as developed as Lagos if Lagos remains the same as it is today.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by IgboDelta: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

That is the problem with you people. You are very reactionary, defensive and paranoid; every constructive criticism or friendly advise is met with recriminations and abuse.

I merely said that it is too early to start calling that project a successful but advisable to take a long term measured approach but as usual you guys would want none of it- your mindset is every business must deliver instant results undecided

Bad Belle? grin Seriously? I am from Lagos Bruv, it will take Enugu 50 years to be as developed as Lagos if Lagos remains the same as it is today.

It will take just a very few years before the Igbo economy and Igboland {inclusive of the Igbo parts of delta} overtakes the not just the economy of Lagos but the African economy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Journey From New York To Florida By Road (live) / Arik Air For Nigerians. They Are Not Bad Either! / Nigerian Students In Malta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.