Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport (6995 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Starts Operation In Enugu / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

That is the problem with you people. You are very reactionary, defensive and paranoid; every constructive criticism or friendly advise is met with recriminations and abuse.

I merely said that it is too early to start calling that project a successful but advisable to take a long term measured approach but as usual you guys would want none of it- your mindset is every business must deliver instant results undecided

Bad Belle? grin Seriously? I am from Lagos Bruv, it will take Enugu 50 years to be as developed as Lagos if Lagos remains the same as it is today.

50 yrs for Enugu is ok. At least, Enugu didnt receive the kind of attention Lagos received.

But we all know that even after 246 yrs, all Yoruba states can still not measure up to Lagos .

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

That is the problem with you people. You are very reactionary, defensive and paranoid; every constructive criticism or friendly advise is met with recriminations and abuse.

I merely said that it is too early to start calling that project a successful but advisable to take a long term measured approach but as usual you guys would want none of it- your mindset is every business must deliver instant results undecided

Bad Belle? grin Seriously? I am from Lagos Bruv, it will take Enugu 50 years to be as developed as Lagos if Lagos remains the same as it is today.
"you people" ? Your bigotry stinks to high heavens indeed. You never offered any constructive criticism or offered any friendly advice. You pointedly labelled an entire ethnic group as semi illiterate drug peddlars without any empirical evidence whatsoever of which such evidence doesnt even exist. From the hundreds of people caught every year at the MMIA, how adversely has it affected its operations ? I dont see that airport closing down anytime soon but rather its facing a 25% increase in arrival hall size not that im advocating anybody to be involved in drug trafficking but your hateful stereotyping of an entire ethnic nationality is just what it is... If the primary beneficiaries of the facility are very happy with its presence i dont see what your beef is and you cant force feed people to accept your postulations about the airport being non viable when the primary users say otherwise. It can only grow with time maybe not as busy as the MMIA but busy enough so take a chill pill. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
talktimi: "you people" ? Your bigotry stinks to high heavens indeed. You never offered any constructive criticism or offered any friendly advice. You pointedly labelled an entire ethnic group as semi illiterate drug peddlars without any empirical evidence whatsoever of which such evidence doesnt even exist. From the hundreds of people caught every year at the MMIA, how adversely has it affected its operations ? I dont see that airport closing down anytime soon but rather its facing a 25% increase in arrival hall size not that im advocating anybody to be involved in drug trafficking but your hateful stereotyping of an entire ethnic nationality is just what it is... If the primary beneficiaries of the facility are very happy with its presence i dont see what your beef is and you cant force feed people to accept your postulations about the airport being non viable when the primary users say otherwise. It can only grow with time maybe not as busy as the MMIA but busy enough so take a chill pill. Ok

lol grin grin

I will let you wallow in your ignorance and paranoia. Go and read my original post before the GburuGburu e-warriors decided to launch their attack. I said it is premature to start counting your eggs before they are hatched! You cannot determine the long term viability of the airport by the results of the first day- do you disagree with that?

I am not surprised that you are twisting my words about drug smuggling- I have never stereotyped any ethnic group as drug peddlers, unfortunately that is own interpretation of my post. There is nothing wrong in saying that the SE should sensitise their young men on the ills of Drug smuggling- unless you live in a cage or you have decided to bury your head in the sand- that is a major problem with some of our brothers from the East.

I think you should take your own advise and take a chill pill and stop being touchy and defensive anytime a poster says something you do not agree with. As far as I know, the thread is not in a Biafra section and is open to comments from every Nigerian. I will make the same comments if the FG decides to make any airport in the SW an international airport.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:

50 yrs for Enugu is ok. At least, Enugu didnt receive the kind of attention Lagos received.

But we all know that even after 246 yrs, all Yoruba states can still not measure up to Lagos .

Attention? What are trying to say in English? grin

I think you should take a visit to other places in the SW before making those ridiculous comments. Alternatively, you can ask so many of our IBO brothers and sisters making a living all over Yorubaland.

Ibadan is more developed than Enugu- Fact!
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Longeria(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

I think you should take a visit to other places in the SW before making those ridiculous comments. Alternatively, you can ask so many of our IBO brothers and sisters making a living all over Yorubaland.

I'm very sure your foot never touched any of the two cities, but in comparison Ibadan is a scrap when compared with Enugu.

FACT.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

hahahahahahahahaha.
Are u talking of d ibadan i know or anoda?
Many northern capitals are even finer dan SW, despite d fact yirubaland is closer to Lagos.
Una jus dey dull ......seriously.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2013
ngozievergreen:

hahahahahahahahaha.
Many northern capitals are even finer dan SW, despite d fact yirubaland is closer to Lagos.

You must be mistaken! Have you traveled outside of Enugu? Ok, next time the Ekene Dili Ckukwu bus arrives from the SW, ask ya Brothers and Sisters.

We dey dull and all of Una dey troop everyday into our lands. Ask ya brothers and sisters that were dropped at Uppy Iweka how dull we are
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
Dont get it twisted, Igbos are natural troopers and u cant do anything abt it.
Yorubas r stagnant, i cant do anytn abt it.
Lol @ ibadan finer dan enugu
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Lagosbabe1: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
ngozievergreen: Dont get it twisted, Igbos are natural troopers and u cant do anything abt it.
Yorubas r stagnant, i cant do anytn abt it.
Lol @ ibadan finer dan enugu

Ngozie please stop spoofing here. Like I said earlier, go and seek further information from passengers from the Numerous Ekene Dili Chukwu buses that go to and fro from the SW on an hourly basis.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by talktimi(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

lol grin grin

I will let you wallow in your ignorance and paranoia. Go and read my original post before the GburuGburu e-warriors decided to launch their attack. I said it is premature to start counting your eggs before they are hatched! You cannot determine the long term viability of the airport by the results of the first day- do you disagree with that?

I am not surprised that you are twisting my words about drug smuggling- I have never stereotyped any ethnic group as drug peddlers, unfortunately that is own interpretation of my post. There is nothing wrong in saying that the SE should sensitise their young men on the ills of Drug smuggling- unless you live in a cage or you have decided to bury your head in the sand- that is a major problem with some of our brothers from the East.

I think you should take your own advise and take a chill pill and stop being touchy and defensive anytime a poster says something you do not agree with. As far as I know, the thread is not in a Biafra section and is open to comments from every Nigerian. I will make the same comments if the FG decides to make any airport in the SW an international airport.
your friendly advice & observations were laced with poison you know that. The ministry of aviation utilized its funds and it still baffles me what your problem is with that unlike previous regimes when such funds were spirited away to private coffers. You cant say because an area is sparsely populated therefore you wont construct roads there knowing fully well that through population explosion, cities expand eg Lagos & Ogun are virtually one and the same state now as many people live in ogun but work in Lagos. The ethiopian airlines full booking is an advertisement for other airlines to open desks at the airport and once again it will be much easier for people around the Enugu hub to utilize this airport instead of going all the way to Lagos or ph to catch a flight. Once again if you hope to be taken seriously in a matured conversation, pls avoid wrongful stereotyping of peoples. The ignorance and paranoia you talk about on my part dont exist except you're the one suffering from it since you obviously dont travel round this country a lot or conduct emperical research.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by hunter21(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Lagosbabe1:

I marvel at the reasoning of some of the posters here. So you are declaring Enugu International Airport a success after a few days of operations? Is this what they teach in accounting and economics classes in the SE? I would have imagined that the viability and success of the airport as a business venture will be determined by the traffic performance in the medium -long term i.e, 5-20 years undecided

Folks are rejoicing because Ethopian Airline flew 150 passengers on one journey? Do you guys have rudimentary knowledge of Cost-Benefit Analyses or how Airlines determine their profit margins from particular destinations? Instead of coming here to bless GEJ who is using the SE to his political advantage, you should work hard at making the airport sustainable and profitable in the long run- remember it is a business at the end of the day.

In summary, this thread will become relevant in a year or 2, when we can all make a verifiable determination of the success of the Enugu Airport or otherwise. Quit being emotional and dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

P.S. Additionally, it is imperative that you sensitize young men from the SE to avoid giving the airport a reputational damage by engaging in drug smuggling from the airport as this will severely restrict the progress of the airport- genuine and friendly advise.
whats your pain
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Mystiqme: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
One page in and the thread already derailed and tribalised. And there are moderators on Nairaland? Rubbish.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport by Bifwoli: 5:00am On Nov 22, 2014

hahahahahahahahaha.

Gosh,even as a nuetral outsider i'm mortified by the level of raw tribalism exhibited here.I'm not Nigerian so I have not biased towards anyside but its all so disheartening especially having seen our continent witness very bloody tribal conflagrations of Hutus vs Tutsis and Kikuyus vs Luos.Please my Nigerian brodas ,think about it cos a bloody tribal war in Nigeria is something we outsiders don't want to see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Malta / Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? / Family Visit To Accra, Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.