Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister (19553 Views)

Ali Modu-Sheriff Appoints Inuwa Bwala Special Assistant On Media / Jega Loses Brother, Abdulkadir To Hajj Stampede. / Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by olanyte: 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
why?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by nagoma(m): 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Built2last: That guys sack was long over due...he lacks all it takes to lead the youths. Very dormant ministry with a dormant leader.

They are all the same my friend . You think Deziani Is better? Of course she is richer and almost as handsome.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by omobarBlog(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by abu12: 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is he member of nairaland oga seun?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
LORD'S CHOSEN PALAVA
Madam Juliet Vs. G.O Lord's Chosen.
I'm still waiting for it to make front page o, mods d news must spread o.
Nairalanders spread d news
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by abu12: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
If this is true then jona is a joke, because there are other minister who have being accused of fraud and other grievous allegation but he did not act.why this? When the youth don't even know the impact of the ministry.

[quotehttp://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2634&title=Why-President-Jonathan-sacked-Youth-Minister-Abdul-kadir

Why-President-Jonathan-sacked-Youth-Minister-Abdul-kadir

After less than three months of swimming in controversy, Nigeria’s Minister of Youth Development, Alhaji Inuwa Abdul-kadir, finally lost his job this afternoon.
He was shown the exit door via a terse statement from the Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, which read: “His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, has relieved Inuwa Abdul-kadir, Esq of his appointment as Honourable Minister of Youth Development with effect from the 26th of August, 2013.
“The former Minister is to hand over to the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Youth Development.
“Mr. President expresses appreciation to the Former Minister for the time he put in the services of the nations and wishes him successin his future endeavours.”
Although no reason was given for the action,News Expresslearnt that it might not be unconnected with Abdul-kadir’s alleged engineering of a crisis in the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), which led to a campaign for his ouster by embittered henchmen of the Council.
In an interview published byNews Expresson June 13, entitled ‘Minister of Youth Dev. should resign over NYCN crisis’, a key member of NYCN, Mr. Carl Oshodi-Isibor, had alleged that the minister organised a kangaroo election thathas precipitated crisis in the council.
Oshodi-Isiborhad toldNews Express: “The congress of the council scheduled an election from the 23rd to 26th of May to elect members of the executive committee of the body in Makurdi. However, some of the candidates stayed away from the venue of the election, unfortunately. The congress in its wisdom and in the spirit of fair play decided to dissolve the then executive and appointed a transition committee headed by Olawale James Ajani to oversee the organisation of fresh elections.
“We were however alarmed to hear that the Minister of Youth Development, Hon. Inuwa Abdulkadir, in consonance with the Benue StateGovernor, Gabriel Suswam, had organised a kangaroo election from which one of the candidates, Yakubu Shendam, had emerged as president of the council.
“We, the members of the council, who are in the overwhelming majority, reject this imposition, and we make it clear that this interference and oppressive act of the minister in the NYCN would be fought.
“We also wish to make it clear that we, as well as majority of Nigerian youths, support the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan, but the conduct of the Minister of Youth Development as regards his meddling into the affairs of the NYCN is testing the senseof independence of the generality of the Nigerian youths.
“There are pictures, as well as video and audio tapes to show that the minister masterminded the sham election that brought in Shendam.
“We are currently embarking on nation-wide protests that include going to the National Assembly. We are seeking, among others, the resignation of the minister for his attempts to destabilise the body. Our lawyers are currently working on the case.” ][/quote]
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Eneze1(f): 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is long overdue, was at a function late last year where this man was invited, it was really pathetic when he was giving his speech,he was very dull, I don't know how he became d youth minister in d first place, good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Unbelievable! So d cowboy has an iota of gut/liver to sack somebody.....praise d lord!
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by unmask: 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
yunglykmine: So we even have a Minister of Youth development in this country? SMH!
And Nigeria youths are being taken for granted & neglected(ASUU strike + Unemployment rate)... It couldn't have been any better, a Minister that doesn't know his duty. *Olodo*
the man has an oga at d top
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by unmask: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
......and he has been replaced by popular youth ambassador.......

Dbanj
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
chindi: LORD'S CHOSEN PALAVA
Madam Juliet Vs. G.O Lord's Chosen.
I'm still waiting for it to make front page o, mods d news must spread o.
Nairalanders spread d news
I wonder why the story hasn't made front page. can you please provide a link to the story? Thanks
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Hajayasha(m): 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nairalanders why not look for more information before saying lot of unimformed write ups about just anyone,Abdul kadir can not be more than 42years,graduate of sokoto uniiversity in 1988,he is a an accomplished lawyer and grew up professionally to become atorney general of sokoto state and later was chosen by sokoto state as a ministerial candidate,we can't be sure his removal is connected to political problems we are seeing these days REMEMBER THE 5 tourist governors and suspension of his state Governor recently?He is very close to his state power to bes oh.Please find out more information before you guys start to bad mouthing nigerian youths any day he was also a student union leader in sokoto university too.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by slimdiggi: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
The man actually fell asleep the high table when he was invited to my nysc camp...good to go,good to go sir!
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cybertooth: Check well... Inuwa abdulkadir is a supporter of buhari
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
berem: I wonder why the story hasn't made front page. can you please provide a link to the story? Thanks
My sister, I dnt av any link o. I heard d cd is all over lagos state?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by clint77ng: 12:20am On Aug 27, 2013
pDude: Good riddance to bad rubbish grin

Youth developmental leader indeedy grin grin

What youths is he developing and from where to whence? angry

Senile old man. tongue

I sure say Oga Jona advice hinself cheesy
This really shows dat some people who come to nairaland are not well informed. That guy u call senile old man, have u seen his pic b4? Na so una go dey on nairaland that day, people go vote finish.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by MaziOmenuko: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2013
koastar: In fact, some Ministries are not just necessary. What are the functions of this ministry if I may ask?

Its the parent ministry to NYSC; so whoever is in charge, is directly in charge of youth service in Nigeria, and trust me, NYSC isn't a small scheme.

That ministry is a very lucrative ministry.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by MaziOmenuko: 12:33am On Aug 27, 2013
berem: I wonder why the story hasn't made front page. can you please provide a link to the story? Thanks

Its an old story; dated Nov 2011

http://www.globalnewsnig.com/?p=231
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by kabba7(m): 1:25am On Aug 27, 2013
Cybertooth: Check well... Inuwa abdulkadir is a supporter of buhari

He probably is not doing well in the empty noise of transformation. ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ mot making good returns to the looting purse towards 2015
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by nijanigga: 2:25am On Aug 27, 2013
They forgot to add the following to Gej's title. B.Sc. M.Sc. Dumbo Patience's wrapper, that is not correct, that is not correct, I don't give a damn, his Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR President and Commander –in-Chief of the Armed Forces
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by dinggle: 2:41am On Aug 27, 2013
Read between the lines people. Who appointed him + why was he there this long = Indictment on GEJ
I bet you the only reason he was sent is VOP. Hausas are the best politicians in Nigeria, we call them mallam but they always maradona the rest of the country ask IBB. With the way the political map is reshaping GEJ's return to the ASO-ROCK is getting slimmer by the day. He had better use the reminder of his tenure to fix electricity and call for a SNC now! Thank GOD for Amachi and the Northern govs who formed VOP.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by gregg2: 2:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Hajayasha: Nairalanders why not look for more information before saying lot of unimformed write ups about just anyone,Abdul kadir can not be more than 42years,graduate of sokoto uniiversity in 1988,he is a an accomplished lawyer and grew up professionally to become atorney general of sokoto state and later was chosen by sokoto state as a ministerial candidate,we can't be sure his removal is connected to political problems we are seeing these days REMEMBER THE 5 tourist governors and suspension of his state Governor recently?He is very close to his state power to bes oh.Please find out more information before you guys start to bad mouthing nigerian youths any day he was also a student union leader in sokoto university too.

Who is this fool? First, you claim the man is 42 yrs but graduated in 1988 from University. Can you listen to yourself? Do the Mathematics.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by otokx(m): 4:45am On Aug 27, 2013
Chop and Chop, Turn by Turn.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 27, 2013
clint77ng: This really shows dat some people who come to nairaland are not well informed. That guy u call senile old man, have u seen his pic b4? Na so una go dey on nairaland that day, people go vote finish.

SEEMS YOU ARE NOT CONVERSANT WITH THE TERM, "FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING." undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 27, 2013
With the way these people are being changed, i just pity children. How will they cope with their current affairs?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 27, 2013
Jonathan, am here to serve in that post.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by wengerjay(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2013
Things are falling apart and the centre cannot hold.That is the situation in PDP.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 27, 2013
Chamber10: Is that ministry even necessary in the first place

[b]The ministry of youth development is very necessary. The youths are the leaders of tomorrow. If there is a ministry for women affairs, why shouldnt there be one for youth development ? Consider the rate of unemployment in Nigeria.

The minister for youth development should work in tandem with those of education, culture and investment to ensure that youths are gainfully engaged. Education is the primary source of youth engagement and development followed by culture and tourism, and subsequently employment which comes by veritable investments in the country. Its obvious, a certain percentage of youths are not in the educational system and such youths should also be catered for by providing craft and skills acquisition centres for them. Skills are very essential to the livelihood of an individual aside formal education. Culture and tourism is an area in which most of our youths are lacking. Youths which happen to be raised in modern family settings seem to know very little about the culture of their origin. Come to think of tourism which has potential for foreign exchange and also provides relaxation and sound balancing of the youth wellbeing. Trade and investment monitors inflow of foreign direct investment into the country, takes stock of siting notable business opportunities which offer jobs to the teeming populace of unemployed youths. Creates enabling environment and encourages trade and investment.

The functions of the youth development minister transcends what could be written noting that the future of our great nation hangs on the quality of our youth today.[/b]
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Rhemma007: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2013
See d way dat man robust n dey shine.......Kai na God go punish am
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by Rhemma007: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2013
okpara ugo: Jonathan, am here to serve in that post.
No b your type den dey look for
Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by nex(m): 7:26am On Aug 27, 2013
Wow! I just sent the Ministry an email yesterday for collaboration on a youth project, and they called called me back same day. That's the fastest response time I ever got from any government parastatal ever. NAFDAC was 3 months, NYSC was 4. Anyway, it's also possible that he sense the coming of the sack and had his staff working over capacity.

All the same, I wish him well. I don't see why GEJ should sack anybody before himself. He's the least performing of them all.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Inuwa Abdulkadir The Youth Development Minister by ponco: 7:32am On Aug 27, 2013
gregg2:

Who is this fool? First, you claim the man is 42 yrs but graduated in 1988 from University. Can you listen to yourself? Do the Mathematics.

I was shocked when i read it too, 1988 is 25 years ago and that would mean he graduated from the university at the age of 17. The poster is a joker.

This minister is the same guy that said corp members should go to boko haram ridden states to sacrifice their lives for the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘Don’t Christianize Your Cabinet’ – MURIC Warns Lagos, Oyo, Ogun Governors / APC Fixes Dates For Edo, Ondo Guber Primaries As INEC Sticks To Timetable / 40 Innoson Vehicles To Be Bought For 2016 Census - FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.