Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) (26118 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
So I decided to hit the Notting Hill Carnival after a few years of hiatus. I absolutely forgot about it till two of my colleagues rang me on Sunday night and asked me if I would like to go with them. And what other way is nice to end of a bank holiday weekend of partying and binge-drinking? grin

Anyway, I used to be a super-regular there before the carnival got violent in 2007, and that was the last time I went there. For those who were raised in London/Londoners, I honestly don't think the carnival has recovered from the 07 debacle. If you missed it, you definitely didn't miss much. I left early as well. And for those who just came to the UK - it's still fun. Personally, it just doesn't have the feel it used to have since most people have stopped going. Most of the Londoners who go now are "youngers" who're just trying to get the carnival-feel for the first time. Add tourists to it.

My carnival moment this year has to be when I saw my Ijebu people (got pics for that) representing for Yoruba culture and Nigeria. I absolutely went nuts - and I chatted for a few minutes with the mums and dads repping the great Ijebu people. It was also a photo op for the tourists and most people who saw their carnival-trailer - everyone was just taking pictures of them. Also most of the other trailers with the dancers played Afro-beats tunes and naija really represented, especially with 'Oliver Twist', 'Chop my Money', and 'Alhaji' tunes. The crowd went nuts every time they played 'Oliver Twist'. Not surprised because 'Oliver Twist' was a chart-topper out here and in a lot of countries in Europe.

Finally, I could have taken more pictures, but I was too lean to be ar.sed to do that. I went on a bigman thing and I was more interested in chatting with the half-naked chics. Had fun doing that (Wanna see pics? grin grin tongue) grin Also, I would've loved to go to the naija-stand, but I was with a different crowd and the few naija chics I saw with naija flags weren't too appealing, to be honest. And the last time and only time I went to the naija stand in 2007, it was rubbish. I just hope they represented well for naija. tongue

Enjoy the pics!!!

6 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
More pictures!

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2013
More pictures!!

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
More pictures!!!!

2 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
If you have got pictures, you can add them.

Cheers. kiss

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oduaboy1: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
I was here8-)8-)8-)8-)
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
Cool
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
sweet

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by momodub: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
undecided
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls can you post the pictures of those NIgerians loitering aroung Obalende suya. The Nigerian arena is always the dryest
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by davades(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nice pix....hope we can have more frm other ppl
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by ndlife: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Watin all dis pant the do 4 road, if na naija na wrapper we the use.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by jamesibor: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Guy abeg next time try use better camera.

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by OluwaDrey(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Okay seen.Nice concept,half nuude women and banners with a local language innit. What a carnival!
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
Cool, y didn't u take pix with them now. So the topic should have been ( A NAIRALANDER AT NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL) lols

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
james_ibor: Guy abeg next time try use better camera.

That's iphone 5 camera, you lousy peasant! FOH! undecided
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
oluswaggz: Cool, y didn't u take pix with them now. So the topic should have been ( A NAIRALANDER AT NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL) lols

Not about that that life. grin

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
The only thing that will drive me to that carnival is those half-naked girls from the carribean.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by isaiahethan: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
I missed it cool
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by jamesibor: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
shymexx:

Na Chinko made?

12 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by caramelll(f): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Very colourful kiss
I like

2 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Caracta(f): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
I can see adaobi grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by crystalballs: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
hmmm
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Cheggoon(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
See carnival..,to go carnival go hungry u...no be dis mumu carnival dem dey do for our country
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Kairoseki77: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
You can always find a girl to give you mouth action at these kinda events.

Good memories. grin
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by ACM10: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
if no be for dis half unclad babes i for don unfollow dis thread...
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
[size=14pt]Super duper cool! So colourful!! It looks like it was fun!!![/size]
smiley cheesy smiley
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oduaboy1: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Double post
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oduaboy1: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
shymexx:

Who even asked u for the type of phone u are using,loudmouthed london boy,so shut the phuck up,if the useless camera u used in taking this blurred pictures is iphone 5,then my granpa phone na iphone 6.Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by sagytariusTM1: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by nijanigga: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
If Nigeria is hosting carnivals, they will claim it will bring demons to Nigeria. Nigerians are really sick, without carnivals, corruption has taken over every nook and corners of the country and that is real demon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chanel Chin: Oluwo Of Iwo's Wife Beautiful In Adorable Photos / Alaafin Of Oyo Dances With His Oloris On His 51st Coronation Anniversary (video) / Igbo Idioms (Ilu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.