Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,549 members, 7,847,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123835 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2013
Malawian: msheeweeeewwwweeeww. okija, you should have just crossed the expressway and show us pictures of modakeke. in fact, just climb the pedestrian bridge and start snapping. grin grin grin grin yoruba village house noni
You know nothing of the environs of Ife. The last time i checked, there was a large construction project going on opposite the school. That area has Residential Estates, student hostels and modern residential buildings.

The few old school buildings you're hoping are still there have been destroyed during the Ife-Modakeke war and have been replaced with nice buildings. You'll hardly find such there now.....sorry.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by drlsv91: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2013
U made a mistake oh!, u didn't enter Awo hostel. Dirty inside facincting outside.. And health science dept.. Nawa o
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Burger01(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2013
shymexx:

Bruv, that inconsequential albino sentenced all the variants of my "shymmex" handles to 100 years to life imprisonment in the politics section. The only one doing a month bid is this one. I should be out of nl-jail on sep 3rd in the politics section. grin

grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
That's OAU for you. According to Ariah Sharon, the campus is divided into three parts: students' residential area, central campus (academic area) and staff quarters. The three are linked by a bow-shaped road.
Our road network is OAU is simply splendid and well planned! I love that school. Gush!!!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by lertee(f): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2013
There are just two. Federal universities in nigeria grin

UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN kiss kiss
..and others undecided

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

he would get a written note from peter obi to secure a month leave from seun's clutches. the problem is, how's afam going to fund this expensive expedition - is he going to travel by a car or a camel? grin
You London boys and poverty mentality. I know it seems strange to you that someone has the money to tour the entire country. This is something that income from peke(spraying perfume for a living) cannot do.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
You London boys and poverty mentality. I know it seems strange to you that someone has the money to tour the entire country. This is something that income from peke(spraying perfume for a living) cannot do.

mumu - my wages per hour can fund your entire trip. you are going to he traveling on a donkey like young moses. so what's the biggie? you are talking to someone staying in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world & you are adding poverty mentality to the sentence? how does that go together?

lertee: There are just two. Federal universities in nigeria grin

..and others undecided

ilorin? with their 2 different campuses? ilorin is not finer than king's college. grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bros..

Abeg explain wetin una dey yarn!

Say una flog student?! shocked University Student?! shocked

The gods in OAU must be crazy... grin

#Allah!! Persin go die... You wan flog Juju?! You no dey fear winch?! grin
femi fasco was a cultist (don pikin) who beat the hell out of two ife students. These boys reported to students union people and they sprung into action by arresting fasco who almost ran them down with his car, this made them irate so when they eventually got him...... They stripped him and beat him to a pulp while transferring him from one hostel to the other.... The guy was big and brave cos that beating was too much for a common (thank God say na cultist).
The Funny thing was after that incident, a series of threat messages were sent to the student union body highlighting the president as their main target. So we tightened our security made more arrests omo till today we no see their breaklight.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

mumu - my wages per hour can fund your entire trip. you are going to he traveling on a donkey like young moses. so what's the biggie? you are talking to someone staying in one of the most expensive cities to live in the world & you are adding poverty mentality to the sentence? how does that go together?
Then why did you sound shocked that someone could afford a trip like that. it shows that you're not used to that kind of life. I wouldn't expect anyone from peckam to be able to afford such trip anyways.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
babyosisi: Why do the students look like cattle rearers and pepper sellers?

True Ife is a great campus
I was there back then on a visit when babyosisi was babyosisi wink
Umu boys a na chaghari anya
Umu boys na chagari anya for you, in OAU? You lied. OAU students hardly have time for social activities. Have you not heard, aye o po?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think that school called LASU should be shut down. The school is a glorified nursery school with kindergarten teachers that they call lecturers.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
pongwa: femi fasco was a cultist (don pikin) who beat the hell out of two ife students. These boys reported to students union people and they sprung into action by arresting fasco who almost ran them down with his car, this made them irate so when they eventually got him...... They stripped him and beat him to a pulp while transferring him from one hostel to the other.... The guy was big and brave cos that beating was too much for a common (thank God say na cultist).
The Funny thing was after that incident, a series of threat messages were sent to the student union body highlighting the president as their main target. So we tightened our security made more arrests omo till today we no see their breaklight.

pongwa, are you an awo boy?
please explain the coffee room - is it true there are lawyers(students) that would argue for/against any accused before a judgement is made? i was told if the guilty verdict is delivered, the accused should just commit suicide cos what would come to him would be worse than death!

Afam4eva:
Then why did you sound shocked that someone could afford a trip like that. it shows that you're not used to that kind of life. I wouldn't expect anyone from peckam to be able to afford such trip anyways.

peckham, where my flat can build a magnificent palace for a king in your village? you are plumbing new depths of idiocy here. your trip on a donkey is less than N10k.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Tolexander: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
misterh: Yeah, i remember. It was Destiny who paraded him. I was in pt one then, squatting in Faj cheesy
coincidentally, i met them in faj was passing through faj hall to sport that day. Though i was staying in awo annex.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Tolexander: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bros..

Abeg explain wetin una dey yarn!

Say una flog student?! shocked University Student?! shocked

The gods in OAU must be crazy... grin

#Allah!! Persin go die... You wan flog Juju?! You no dey fear winch?! grin
baba mi! Na real floggin o. You go think say na yacht d guy steal.
My bro, oau is not a home to cultism.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
ba7man:

That's even before you start talking of imposible looking buildings like the Amphi-theater, Archi-studio, Ajose lecture hall and that new Pyramid lookin building opposite computer building.
The pyramid-shaped building is the museum. It's actually the roof that gave it that distinctive and imposing shape.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by mikeapollo: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
Tolexander: it was established in 1962

OAU was conceptualised and built by the Western Region Government under Obafemi Awolowo....
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
mikeapollo:

OAU was conceptualised and built by the Western Region Government under Obafemi Awolowo....
It was conceptualized under Awolowo but built under Akintola.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by U235weapongrade: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
shymexx: It looks massive and alright.

However, why do naija universities always have built up entrance?

It seems my mum or one of sisters graduated from there or the other one in Ibadan, I need to check. But I know my pops graduated from University of Nigeria (wherever that's) cos he's a member of the uni's alumni thing out here.

Okija_juju, you need to post pics of University of Nigeria. I want to see what their campus looks like.

Any big batty chic on nl who's an undergrad at this uni? - I won't mind visiting the uni. grin

@shymexx I'm sure ur dad has told u 2many stories abt that "DEN"...u can't wait to have a lioness beside you..
@babyosisi and ACM10 a superlion roaring bck @ you guys...
@ACM10 ur damn right about the infrastructural development happening right now @ UNN...10x to Prof Nebo and Presently Prof Okolo..But a school like UNN, its coming too late..
@okijajuju I'm sure ur from the east,UNN shud not be too hard to Locate,take some very Nice photos from both campuses and drop here,I wud be glad..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Malawian(m): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
ba7man: You know nothing of the environs of Ife. The last time i checked, there was a large construction project going on opposite the school. That area has Residential Estates, student hostels and modern residential buildings.

The few old school buildings you're hoping are still there have been destroyed during the Ife-Modakeke war and have been replaced with nice buildings. You'll hardly find such there now.....sorry.

well, i wont lie, its been long i visited ife. but when i was still looking for admission, my bros was staying at modakeke before moving to ede road adjacent to the main gate. which mordern facility are you talking about?

[quote ]replaced with nice buildings.[/quote]

show us pictures. no red zinc roof allowed pls grin grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ACM10: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I've been to both UNN and UNEC in Enugu; I gratduated from OAU, I can boldly say no school in Africa is as beautiful as OAU.

I guess you are having a laugh at the bolded.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Segunia(m): 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
He snapd 1 of dis hall nw Awo or Faj
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by lertee(f): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

ilorin? with their 2 different campuses? ilorin is not finer than king's college. grin

Two diff campuses? I guess it`s been long your informant gave you details about the school,you ve not been there so no point arguing smiley
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Segunia(m): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nosgidi: OAU and old glory..!
A school with one of the slowest academic calender..
Wanna see how a school ought 2 be in the modern era?Then visit the prestigious University of Benin....
says who? I ws addmitd n feb 08, i graduatd dec 11. Nt up 2 4yrs
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
lertee:
Two diff campuses? I guess it`s been long your informant gave you details about the school,you ve not been there so no point arguing smiley

yes, your school had a main campus & a mini campus.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Tolexander: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
pongwa: femi fasco was a cultist (don pikin) who beat the hell out of two ife students. These boys reported to students union people and they sprung into action by arresting fasco who almost ran them down with his car, this made them irate so when they eventually got him...... They stripped him and beat him to a pulp while transferring him from one hostel to the other.... The guy was big and brave cos that beating was too much for a common (thank God say na cultist).
Goddey was the student union security officer then and he masterminded the arrest in new buka if i can recollect well. Later contested for the SUG presidency but Prof won.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by JosephMNJ(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
Are u sure u didn't take these pictures w// nokia torchlight attached camera. OAU fine pass dis one na. Revisit for a new tour and probably take sunmisola photographer w// ya.

Just kidding O!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by adim2(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
U235weapongrade:

@shymexx I'm sure ur dad has told u 2many stories abt that "DEN"...u can't wait to have a lioness beside you..
@babyosisi and ACM10 a superlion roaring bck @ you guys...
@ACM10 ur damn right about the infrastructural development happening right now @ UNN...10x to Prof Nebo and Presently Prof Okolo..But a school like UNN, its coming too late..
@okijajuju I'm sure ur from the east,UNN shud not be too hard to Locate,take some very Nice photos from both campuses and drop here,I wud be glad..

Hail the varsity of nigeria, my alma mater. Team UNN all the way. Am proud to be a super lion
lertee:
There are just two. Federal universities in nigeria
grin

..and others undecided

Abeg where dis one come from? Allow universities to battle and not higher secondary schools jor.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Iceprincehkn(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
An aerial veiw from the south covering just a quarter 'if i may say' of it massive landmass.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by lertee(f): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=adim2

Abeg where dis one come from? Allow universities to battle and not higher secondary schools jor.

[/quote]
What is this one saying ?forward schools are talking baackward school wants to join mouth,please go and hide your face..what is UNN undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by oneeast1: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is a school lying on its shadows.. grin

So much hype for a glorified college..

Okija nwanne thank you for exposing these people once more. I owe you one bottle of Hero when next you hit Awka. cheesy

They couldn't see through your sarcasm!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by lertee(f): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
coogar:

yes, your school had a main campus & a mini campus.

You r right `had` but now one large campus which has been in existence for long. I bet most schools hve two campuses..ABU still does and mny others so ur point is nullified grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by doubleroti: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
Nostalgic stuff right there for me. We walked those streets back in the days, Road One, Amphi, White House, New Buka (as it was before it changed in 98/99 or there about). Time spent there are forever priceless.

Won't mind a revisit sometime too honestly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes / Amazing Facts (photos) / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.