Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123706 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Why do the students look like cattle rearers and pepper sellers?

True Ife is a great campus
I was there back then on a visit when babyosisi was babyosisi wink
Umu boys a na chaghari anya

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Ishilove: 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

Heheheheheeee grin

See sharpness... grin
Nna mehn, so what say you? grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Next year is my year of touring the length and breadth of Southern NIgeria and the middlebelt plus Abuja. I just need a map cos i want to touch at least three towns/cities in every state. I won't also forget some places of interest in relatively small towns.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

Heheheheheeee grin

See sharpness... grin
lolz I'm telling you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by youngPRO(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice Pictures! Great Ife!! Great!!!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
It is undisputably Nigeria's Most beautiful campus. I'm proudly GREAT IFE.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Kunlexic(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Dats gr8 Ife for u,infact dose pix i hv seen are enough 4 me to look at,encouraging,2ruly the citadel of learning and culture.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju: Sights of OAU
I used to go eat amala and gbegiri aroudn thsi corner. cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
acidosis™:

you need to travel out of south west bro

can you tell us where 'outside the southwest' you will find a more beautiful public school?

Some of us have been to ABU, its nearest rival and it's no match.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
He may be right. The truth is that i've never seen a campus that's more beautiful than what i've seen on this thread. Though i'm not sure about Africa oo. But it can be the most beautiful in Nigeria.

Africa, used to be, but doubt it is now. But Nigeria, none comes close (in terms of aesthetics).

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Neatness and Beauty don't mean the same thing. Btw, i've been to UI and it doesn't look as good as OAU.

Btw, which government built OAU?
Awolowo/Akintola govt of western region (1962).

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus:

Africa, used to be, but doubt it is now. But Nigeria, none comes close (in terms of aesthetics).
I think we should start from West Africa. Most of the university campuses i see outside Nigeria are beautiful. Even Ghanian universities have very beautiful campuses that may be more beautiful than that of OAU. Not to talk of Africa that includes South Africa, Kenya and North African countries. I think this is a topic i have to blog about. My research begins now...

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus:
Awolowo/Akintola govt of western region (1962).
I thought when they say a school is a federal school, it means it belongs to the federal government. if this school was built by a regional government then i'll say it's impressive.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought when they say a school is a federal school, it means it belongs to the federal government. if this school was built by a regional government then i'll say it's impressive.
Built by regional govt, taken over by FG in 1976 or so.

No regional govt again, some of the regional govts assets, those not taken over by FG, are now co-owned by states that now made up the old region e.g Oyo, Osun, Ondo etc (former Western region) own Oodua investments now. New Nigerian newspaper etc owned by all northenr states (that made up old northern region).

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus:
Built by regional govt, taken over by FG in 1976 or so.
sorry to interrupt, where do you get all your pictures? the web? how come you have pictures of almost everything?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry to interrupt, where do you get all your pictures? the web? how come you have pictures of almost everything?

I wasn't the one that posted the pictures. But the poster wrote that he was on the campus and took the pictures with his ipad.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus:

I wasn't the one that posted the pictures. But the poster wrote that he was on the campus and took the pictures with his ipad.
I'm not talking about these pictures, i'm talking about your other pictures in different threads
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chibuebem: I'm not talking about these pictures, i'm talking about your other pictures in different threads

My pictures? Where did I post pictures?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Burger01(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

This isnt one of those threads...

This is just to show pictures from a road trip..

#NO Tribal sentiments here..

If you read somewhere on the thread, I said the school blew my mind..

You dont have to be all defensive! grin
Okija, you better ignore that TilaPIA winch.. undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by ReubenAbati: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju

Now we know you have a car.

Point taken.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Salmoneus(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
Why is the photographer hiding his identity? don't be scared homie. grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Jarus(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Okija_juju

Now we know you have a car.

Point taken.
We know he has. Thanks.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
babyosisi: Why do the students look like cattle rearers and pepper sellers?

True Ife is a great campus
I was there back then on a visit when babyosisi was babyosisi wink
Umu boys a na chaghari anya

it's the best i have seen in naija - it makes UNILAG look like a glorified secondary school. okija didn't go to their dam and their near flawless zoological gardens(the scariest zoo i have ever been to).

our leaders should be ashamed of themselves that a school built in the 60s is not constantly renovated & maintained. ife is nigeria's most beautiful campus by a distance.

7 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
tpia@:
okija what concerns you with OAU for goodness sake.

there are other threads featuring the school, please keep your opinions to yourself, thanks.

do schools from your own area.
Mama has ur nurse gone 4 d day. Thought she's hired full time. angry

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
The School no fine pass jare !!

Better By Far fine pass am ..... From skyway to walkway ......

The Gate of the school to the main campus na highly decorated !!

Bros, abeg how much u dey sell camera ,make I storm dis thread :::::::

Okija expect me soon !!

Probitas Doctrina,we representa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by drdams: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
With d SEUN OSEWA factor, its very natural for dis 2 make d front page..

Even if sm1 uploads dat of ABTI America, m very sure it wont even make front line in its sectn talkless of front page..

For aw long wud u dwell on dis African Most Beautiful Campus? Dat 1 no stop ASUU, dat no give Auto- Job...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
coogar:

it's the best i have seen in naija - it makes UNILAG look like a glorified secondary school. okija didn't go to their dam and their near flawless zoological gardens(the scariest zoo i have ever been to).

our leaders should be ashamed of themselves that a school built in the 60s is not constantly renovated & maintained. ife is nigeria's most beautiful campus by a distance.
nahhh university of Ibadan is way cooler with nice structures

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by SEYIKP(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija don't stress ur self to snap the hostels, na wash one of the worst in the country. I repeat there is no school that can match ui feat in the country.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
9jadelta: nahhh university of Ibadan is way cooler with nice structures

UI looks like a school built by the aztecs - the structures are old & lazy. go to the faculties of admin & law in OAU and see the work of architectural brilliance!

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Proudly Ife! Academics, Social, Unionism, we are there!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Jarus:

My pictures? Where did I post pictures?
Maybe he's referring to naptu2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Amazing Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.