Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Arise And Shine My Daughter Nkiruka - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Arise And Shine My Daughter Nkiruka (1130 Views)

My Daughter's Luck / My Son &my Daughter.......short Story / BITTER Truth...(africa Arise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arise And Shine My Daughter Nkiruka by Orikinla(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
Arise and Shine My Daughter Nkiruka

Arise and shine my precious daughter
Arise and shine brighter and brighter
Like the sun is shining in Africa
Arise and shine my beloved Nkiruka.

No matter how louder the claps of the thunder
No matter how darker the clouds of the stormy weather
Be brave my precious daughter
Don’t faint in fear and don’t surrender
Even if you miss your footsteps in the slippery slope
Don’t ever give up and don’t lose hope.

My precious daughter always remember
That come rain or shine, your future is greater
So, arise and shine my precious daughter
Nkiruka! Nkiruka!! Nkiruka!!!

~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, Thursday August 29, 2013.
I composed this song as an inspiration and motivation for every female child in the world, and especially for the Girl Rising Campaign of 10x10, to educate and empower girls to overcome the challenges of their circumstances and succeed in life.
Nkiruka is an Igbo word meaning the future is greater and it is a popular Igbo name for girls in Eastern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Arise And Shine My Daughter Nkiruka by nki4christ: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nice.

(1) (Reply)

Almost All The Stories On NL Has Become An Abandoned Work By The Writers. / Nigerian, Teju Cole, Wins $10,000 Award For First Novel / Unilorin Beauty Set To Release Her Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.