Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages (4463 Views)

Google Translate Adds Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa To It's Languages / Google Adds Igbo, Yoruba And Hausa To Its Google Translate / Somali, Zulu, Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo To Google Translate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Olumidzti(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Google Translate, Google’s service that helps translate from one language to another has decided to add five African languages to the popular services.

Google Translate already has 71 languages on its platform and this will be great additions to the service. The service is trying to add South African language Zulu, Somali, and three main Nigerian languages; Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo.

This will come as great news for Africans who have wanted these languages to be added or who want to learn these languages.

Google wants you to access the service and rate the translations. It posted on its Google Africa page pages where users will be able to evaluate translations of the languages they know.

“We need speakers of these languages to help rate our current machine translation system.” it said on its Google Plus page.

I think it won’t be wrong if I thank Google in my own language (which is Yoruba). “Igbese to dara leyi, ese gan” which means “this is a good step, thanks very much”.

Help Google to evaluate the new translations by going through its Google Africa Google plus page.

Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleAfrica/posts/F7U4zxy3Fwt?cfem=1

http://www.lolade.com/2013/08/googl-translate-add-african-languages-3-from-Nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by taharqa: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
Good.... Very, very Good

1 Like

Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by gr8man: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice one!
The truth about Nigerian husbands busted:
www.nairaland.com/1414969/awkward-truth-naija-husbands
Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Olumidzti(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Translation of Hausa to English and English to Hausa

1 Like

Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Olumidzti(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Translation of Yoruba to English and English to Yoruba

Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by cashkid18(m): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wake me up wen dis thread makes it to d fp
Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Olumidzti(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
Translation of Igbo to English and English to Igbo

Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Olumidzti(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
What do you think about the translations? I don't even understand what they're translating in the "yoruba to english". in the "english to yoruba", I think the meaning of the sentence was lost in the translation.
Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Maxymilliano(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Very good ...
Re: Google Translate To Add African Languages, Including 3 Nigerian Languages by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2013

(1)

Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit / Lagos Assembly Launches Website For Obama / I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.