Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Any Solution To Migraine Headache? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Solution To Migraine Headache? (3695 Views)

How Can I Cure Migraine Headache Caused By Sex / Is There Any Solution For Blocked Tubes? / Migraine Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by demmy55(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Pls is there any cure or solution to stop migraine headache?

I've been suffering from migraine since childhood, I've gone for medical check-up and nothing wrong with me. Was given some drugs at the hospital and the migraine disappeared for some months but later came back.

Someone recommended Cafergot but that's not really helping. So please, any solution to migraine?
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by spenca: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2013
To the best have heard nope ,you can only supress it ,i stand to be corrected
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by demmy55(m): 6:02am On Aug 30, 2013
spenca: To the best have heard nope ,you can only supress it ,i stand to be corrected
Pls wat should I do or take to suppress it?
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by gawab: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Try bee venom therapy (bvt). Get an apitherapist to apply bvt on you, it is very effective. 08184408033
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by ESULAALU: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2013
I do suffer from terrible migraine too but I have never used medication. However what works for me may not work for you but i'd share still.

I took time to study my body and identified what triggers it, then i started avoiding the triggers it reduced drastically. Then I also noticed that once it's about to begin, i mean the onset of me experiencing the migraine, once I went into a dark room, avoiding any ray of light, putting out the lights for that period of time, setting the curtains or just closing my eyes tightly and ensuring I avoided contact with light, it went away naturally. Trust me when I say bad migraines is what I used to experience which would affect my eye on whichever side of my head the pain was manifesting. Reason why I don't use medication is cos I enjoy natural therapies, i am not against medication though so I would advice you to see what works for you rather than self medicate. Seek professional advice again,i also know herbs help as well(and the yoruba word for migraine is ori tulu). I wish you goodluck

1 Like

Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2013
You've got the best advice here. just watch out for the trigger, try to avoid them and you would be fine.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by Cestmoi1(f): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2013
ESULAALU: I do suffer from terrible migraine too but I have never used medication. However what works for me may not work for you but i'd share still.

I took time to study my body and identified what triggers it, then i started avoiding the triggers it reduced drastically. Then I also noticed that once it's about to begin, i mean the onset of me experiencing the migraine, once I went into a dark room, avoiding any ray of light, putting out the lights for that period of time, setting the curtains or just closing my eyes tightly and ensuring I avoided contact with light, it went away naturally. Trust me when I say bad migraines is what I used to experience which would affect my eye on whichever side of my head the pain was manifesting. Reason why I don't use medication is cos I enjoy natural therapies, i am not against medication though so I would advice you to see what works for you rather than self medicate. Seek professional advice again,i also know herbs help as well(and the yoruba word for migraine is ori tulu). I wish you goodluck
You took the words out of my mouth.mine started many years ago after my jsce.stress,overthinking and lack of sleep triggers mine.i just find somewhere to lie and rest/sleep.a place devoid of noise,and most especially light rays.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by UjSizzle(f): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
I take Nurofen when it comes, only i react afterwards. You should just relax though, stress and noise causes mine, try get a intimate with what triggers yours like C'est Moi said.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by demmy55(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
10x for ur advise. I'll look out for what triggers mine and work on them.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
OP,

To get a solution to that, I think you should find out if you do any of these:
1) Work too much.

2) Ready/study too much.

3) Play too much and hard.

4) Look at the screen too much.

5) Have s.ex too much (I no sure about this one o, but my mind tell me say e fit follow). Abeg, no ask me how my mind tell me o. grin

If you do any of these, reduction is necessary because it seems your brain cells aren't getting enough rest.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by demmy55(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

5) Have s.ex too much (I no sure about this one o, but my mind tell me say e fit follow). Abeg, no ask me how my mind tell me o. grin

Lol @ No 5.
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
demmy55:
Lol @ No 5.

Hehehe. Na true o. You should really consider no 5.

If you dey doubt, ask experienced folks. smiley
Re: Any Solution To Migraine Headache? by Gigihealth: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2016
Migraine symptoms can begin in childhood, adolescence or early adulthood. Migraines may be progressed through four stages, but not everyone experiences all these stages. Click on the link below to read more on migraine causes, symptoms, triggers and treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/migraine-symptoms-do-you-experience-severe-or-blinding-headaches-read-this/

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Community Laments Lack Of Health Centre / Where Can I Get Anabolic Steroids / In need of urgent help pls: eye defect (aftermath of my eye diagnosis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.