Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? (14456 Views)

SHOW OFF TIME: Let Us Know The Car You Drive And How Much You Bought It / Which Part Of A Car Do You Admire The Most? / Reasons Why Real Men Still Drive Stick Cars .....manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by chronique(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2013
My point is that that car doesn't have a 1.2l engine. It has 1.6,1.8,2.0,2.0 turbo and 2.0 diesel engines.
Lagusta:

how would some children on this thread be thinking i'm lying

you dont know me, i dont know u..... so whats that all about

i once asked ikenna to help me with something on my jalopy, via whatsapp, he can testify to that

its raining here in ilorin, when it stops, i'll post a pic of it....

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Lagusta(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: My point is that that car doesn't have a 1.2l engine. It has 1.6,1.8,2.0,2.0 turbo and 2.0 diesel engines.

so the fact that i made a mistake concerning the engine capacity gave you the nerve to brand me a liar abi

please dont spoil my saturday morning...
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Hopez456(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2013
Vokswagen Santana
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Hopez456(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2013
My ruggedy
Hopez456: Vokswagen Santana

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by chronique(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Where did I call u a liar in my post? Even the dude that drives a camry bulldog wasn't addressed as a liar. Was just saying the stuffs you both said weren't correct;finish. Not necessarily saying you guys are liars.
Lagusta:

so the fact that i made a mistake concerning the engine capacity gave you the nerve to brand me a liar abi

please dont spoil my saturday morning...
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Lagusta(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Where did I call u a liar in my post? Even the dude that drives a camry bulldog wasn't addressed as a liar. Was just saying the stuffs you both said weren't correct;finish. Not necessarily saying you guys are liars.

okay okay, lets not derail this thread, all is gone.....
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Denn(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2013
I miss my dad's 504

That dude ferried me to unity school ejigbo every school resumption without sweat, was still around when I graduated.

It was bought by a 'kabu kabu' driver after years of loyal service
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by bumdish: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2013
I am a very big fan of classic cars. The "Danfo" is my favorite

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Denc: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2013
Lagusta:

can we plss see a pic.... smiley

Date: 24 Dec 2012
Time: about 9AM
Location: in the traffic build-up at Onitsha bridge, Anambra State
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by ogaju007(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
Jxt_mayor: 2013 range rover i guess?

do you know the meaning of ancient?
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by mak81: 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yeah me too still have one and i named her Baba Director
wwwkaycom:
1982 MB 200E

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Katete: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
Well done dean winchester!
Revolva: hey i manage to drive a chevy 1969 Impala..i love it..babay this is the classic..
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by theency: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
We use dad's toyota camry produced in Germany in 1986. It is a 2.0 engine and everybody in house uses like bicycle without any major incidence. We were only advised of late to using thick oil instead of the present 20w50.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
Delivery Man: Mercedes benz 230E W124 PH1 Manual transmission. My dad passed this on to me. Raced a 2012 Honda Accord with this. He started off quite well but my benz got to Uyo from calabar b4 the accord cool

The guy no wan speed. Trust me if it were me you for no see my brake light again.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by elektra80: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The guy no wan speed. Trust me if it were me you for no see my brake light again.

No mind all those people claiming to race past cars on the road. Question is are u actually racing with the car or u saw the car cruising and u decided to throttle ur own car to its limits just to overtake. The guy u are over taking might just be cruising and not minding u, and for ur mind u think say ur car run pass him own . mcheewwww

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by kingschild123(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
smiley
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by kingschild123(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ Lord_Reed true talk jare
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by DECOtech(m): 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Are you ok< or I take it you don't knw the meaning of the word ANCIENT
I drive a 1995 Mercedes Benz(V-boot) sha, and she ain't retiring anytime soon
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by sweetgala(m): 12:20am On Sep 01, 2013
Been looking for a clean 1984-1987 Toyota corolla... Saw a coupe model on my Holiday in nigeria in 2010 felt like making an offer for it then and there. Was told you'd want about 100k naira for a decent one.
My father had one when we were young.

They are too expensive here over 6,000 euro for a clean model, prices have been influenced by the drifting culture.

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by zeezolino: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2013
Mr man,ancient and not recent
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by DECOtech(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Denn: I miss my dad's 504

That dude ferried me to unity school ejigbo every school resumption without sweat, was still around when I graduated.

It was bought by a 'kabu kabu' driver after years of loyal service
Did you read the topic well?
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by FlyboyZee: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2013
I used to own and drive a 1987 Honda Prelude with auto transmission and a dohc 2.0l caburretor engine back in 2011. My wifey nicknamed it Okpolor, because of the way the head lights operated. I swear that car can go, e no dey fear trailer.

I also owned and used a 1984 Mercedes Benz 190e W201 with a 2.0l engine with auto transmission back in 2011. This car can even make a U-turn in my bedroom (sorry for the exaggeration). I was so impressed with its performance that I thought of buying the 1993 model. If no be my wife wey fight me day and night say old things have passed away and all things have become new, I would have still had that car in my garage. I still dream about that car and long to drive one.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Ikenna351(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
My 1986 Peugeot 505 V6, 5-speed Manual Transmission, My Baby!

Ikenna.

5 Likes

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
I own a 1989 daimler (3.6). Saw the vehicle on a Japanese auction site, imported it to the uk then exported it to Nigeria (over 12 years ago).
The car still attracts comments and glances from people. The engine and gearbox is still very slick and smooth. Aircon still very very cold, lagos heat is no match !!!
Beatty, has she is popularly called will remain in the Family. (if my kids don't mind, i will include it in my will to them)
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by sweetgala(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Ikenna351: My 1986 Peugeot 505 V6, 5-speed Manual Transmission, My Baby!

Ikenna.
You sure know how to Care for your car. That beaut looks clean.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2013
Ikenna351: My 1986 Peugeot 505 V6, 5-speed Manual Transmission, My Baby!

Ikenna.
ikenna i've not seen the pix of ur 406

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ? / Help!speedometer On 2009 Is Not Working And Abs/brake Light On / What To Expect At FRSC Driver's License Capturing Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.