Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) (13059 Views)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel / The Experience 2012 *The Biggest Christian Gathering in Africa* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2017
NEVER STOP PRAYING
We were taught that Jesus never quit praying.
Even when he was on Calvary dying for no just cause, he never hated those that offended him and he never stop praying.

These days, when we experience a small challenge (nothing compared to what Jesus went tru) we just quit.

We quit praying, we quit believing, we quit a Godly life, we quit!, and we embrace sin, evil, anger, hate, unforgiveness all to our own hurt.

Jesus says "I will never leave you or forsake you"..
so why do you leave him?
Why do you forsake him?

Pinch yourself this morning, and return to God because he loves you and really cares for u.

"rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing stedfastly in prayer;"
Romans 12:12

PRAYER:
My God pls cast me not away, forgive my un faithfulness and offence.
Please have mercy on me Lord and restore me in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2017
SUCCESS
Success is usually measured by our achievements and acquisition during our lifetime.

But God measures success by how you have been able to touch the lives of others positively passing across the gospel of Jesus Christ which is salvation through His blood, and the sacrifice of His Love.

Remember, success is not material, for it is written that
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
Matthew 24:35

Therefore take your heart away from material things, and make your life one that will affect lives positively for this is the real measure of success.

God Bless you as you bless others in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2017
ONLY GOD can give peace.
I will give thanks unto thee with uprightness of heart, When I learn thy righteous judgments.
Psalms 119:7.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2017
ETERNITY
Today I learnt a thing about eternity, which is..
"in eternity, the will of God is perfect and unchanged".
Here on earth, God has revealed to us Love soo awesome that he gave us free will.
This free will is given to us so that we can honestly learn about the God and his divine love.
His love is soo great that we can not entirely comprehend it.

As we learn about His love and begin to appreciate God, he will draw us closer to himself and make us more like him, preparing us for eternity with him.

"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patience of Christ."
2 Thessalonians 3:5

Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
GOD IS ABLE
Sometimes we feel that because things are not going our way that God has failed.
... But as the Sun never fails to showup, so is the faithfulness of God.

You should never despise God even when you are down cast, instead draw closer to Him and ask him to reveal more of himself to you because he will eventually come through for you and he will never fail.

"Trust ye in Jehovah for ever; for in Jehovah, even Jehovah, is an everlasting rock."
Isaiah 26:4

PRAYER
Unto Oh Lord I commit my life.
Lead in humility according to your word.
Teach me thy ways oh Lord in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:20am On Mar 11, 2017
PUT GOD FIRST
To live a good Christian life is the desire of God for us.
He knows that we may not be perfect, but the blood of Jesus washes away our sins when we ask in prayer.

Always put God above yourself, this will help keep to keep you in check.

Ask God to wash you daily with the blood of Jesus and redirect your path.

"I have set Jehovah always before me: Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
Psalms 16:8

Prayer:
Father I surrender to you, please cleanse my heart, my soul and my body with the blood of Jesus.
Lord, please make me whole again in the Holy name of Jesus Christ
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by Olaseun16: 1:19am On Mar 12, 2017
please is there anyone that has gone through the Access bank training school for frontline internship....how was postings like after the training
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abideth in him, and he in God."
1 John 4:15

PRAYER
I confess today, that Jesus alone is God in my Life.
I confess today that Jesus lives in me.
I confess that by the grace of God, I live in Jesus Christ as Jesus Christ lives in me
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2017
TRY AGAIN
Most of us have tried fervently to make things around us to work, but each time we try, we fail again and again.

Failure can be very discouraging, but it should never deter you.

Relying on our personal strength, wisdom, academic achievement, finances, virility, qualifications etc, can and will fail.

..But Jesus never fails,
therefore I encourage you...
"Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might."
Ephesians 6:10

For God will never ever ever fail you.

PRAYER
Father strengthen me with courage and your Holy spirit.
Help me please for I have no more strength in me.
I surrender my life to you Lord please take over in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2017
LIVING WATERS
I read today of a Muslim cleric who threatened to take a man of the gospel of God to court because he aid that Jesus is God.

In my opinion, the man will have to take every believing Christian to court (lol).

For you who believe in Jesus Christ, know this...

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, from within him shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:38

May the living waters from the throne of God overflow into you and through you in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 3:45am On Mar 22, 2017
BEING GOOD
Ingratitude of people some times make being good seem difficult or unnecessary.
However, this shouldn't deter us from being good, and especially, being good to the Christians around us, by living an exemplary life.

"So then, as we have opportunity, let us work that which is good toward all men, and especially toward them that are of the household of the faith.
Galatians 6:10

Prayer
Oh God my Father, please help me to love sincerely and increase my tolerance in offence.
Help me to be good towards all people,and to lead an exemplary Christian life in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
LIFE O
"He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:36

It is this simple, everything will become perfect with Christ.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, please come into my heart.
Father, please Keep your wrath away from me, have mercy on me in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2017
Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
John 6:35

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVELY WIFE
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:22am On Mar 26, 2017
Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
John 6:35

Happy Birthday to my lovely wife
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2017
WHO HEARS?
Every person wants to be heard, and especially when they desperately have something to say.

Who listens to you when you express yourself is very key to our sanity in life, but who listens when we are in trouble can be a real life saver.

Choosing the right person to speak to is a tough and important decision in a persons life.

Who is the right One?
Ans: God is.
As we por out our heart to God in prayer, read the bible, and obey the words of Jesus, we can never go wrong.

No other power deserves our audience.

"I love Jehovah, because he heareth My voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, Therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
Psalms 116:1-2.

Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 6:20am On Mar 29, 2017
WHO IS YOUR MASTER
Jesus once said that we cannot serve two masters.
It's either we serve God or we serve the devil.

You can't claim Christianity, yet practice traditions of devils, spiritualist, soothsayers and other practices of false gods.

As a Christian, the blood of Jesus is sufficient for you in all things.

"but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
1 John 1:7

PRAYER
I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over my life, over my Family and all that concerns me.
O Blood of Jesus Christ, please heal me and speak for me in every area of my life
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2017
WORRIED?.. GIVE THANKS
Our worries and challenges sometimes take our focus of God.
Giving thanks to God in all situations is the best approach to overcome your fears, trouble and worries.

"Oh come, let us sing unto Jehovah; Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving; Let us make a joyful noise unto him with psalms."
Psalms 95:1-2

Prayer:
Father i bless you for every challenge in my life.
Thank you forthcoming victory,
I thank you in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2017
SERVE AND NOT SERVED
Most people feel that as we achieve greater heights in life, it becomes ok or normal to boss people around. But this should not be so.
As a Christian, we are called to service and lead by good example.

Giving quality regard to all people even the least staff, cleaners and security person alike is a good show of your Christian belief.

"..even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
Matthew 20:28

PRAYER
As you live an exemplary Christian life, may honour from God follow you in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2017
TRUE STORY
A man was arrested and beaten up because his colleague stole from the company.
When it was found out that he wasn't responsible, he was still jailed, kept in prison and tortured terrible just to prove a point to everyone else in the company.

Pls in your opinion, what will you do to that company boss?

*The worst things that can happen to an innocent man happened to Jesus for our sake that we may be saved from all evil.

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

PRAYER
Lord God, thank you for your Son and the great sacrifice you gave for our salvation.
*May your Glory O God overshadow us daily in Jesus Holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 2:59am On Apr 13, 2017
TAKE CAUTION
In all your living, please do not get carried away with the affairs of this life for everything will pass away in the twinkling of the eyes.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Choose to live for Jesus each day.

PRAYER
Keep me away from sin O Lord, wash my heart with your blood and make your abode in me O God in Jesus Holy name I pray
Amen

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2017
OUR FAULT
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself does not tempt anyone: but each man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:13-14

Our past lives truly have nothing to rejoice about, so we really cannot blame God for any situation we find ourselves today.

However, God has made a way of salvation to console us and fix our situation when we pray to Him through his Son Jesus.
He also desires that we change our old ways and try daily to become a better person.

Stop your old ways today and watch God renew your life.

PRAYER
Lord God, I choose you above myself.
Please come into my life today and renew it to your Glory in Jesus Holy name I pray
Amen

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Dear Family,

Remember that God is not looking for a perfect person, he is looking for a person that will make an effort to love and obey him one step at a time.

Don't ever consider yourself as not being worthy to serve God, you don't need to be, Jesus alone is worthy, and as believers, we operate under his grace.
All we need to do is make a continuous conscious effort to be like Jesus everyday.

Prayer:
O God, please help us daily as we embrace a good Christian life, make us more like Jesus each day, we pray in Jesus Holy name
Amen

God sincerely loves you.
Please don't give up trying to be a good Child of God, you can take it one step at a time.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.
John 1:5

Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 10:11am On Jun 08, 2017
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHO YOU SHALL SERVE
After the death of Moses, Joshua took charge after Moses and continued to fight the battles for the children of Israel as he lead them on the journey to the promise land.

*This is similar to our life's journey into the perfect plan of God for us.

At that time, the children of Israel began to stray as they took up other gods as well as the worship of the God of Isreal.

*this again is like today's type of Christian who claims Jesus is his Lord but yet practices the way of false gods and spiritualist.

God was not pleased with this and inspired Joshua to tell the Israelites to make a clear choice of worship (because God is a jealous God)

Today God is telling you to make a clear cut decision.

You cannot serve God and follow tradition.

Choose this day who you will serve.
Repent of you old ways and serve God only.

Prayer
Oh God almighty,
Today I repent of my old ways and I choose you alone from henceforth.
Forgive me Lord, please cleanse my heart and renew your spirit within me in Jesus holy name
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2017
BE KIND
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen.
1 John 4:20

There is no place in heaven for anyone who hates another person, no matter your excuse.

Love even your enemies as you love yourself, this is the will of God.
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2017
SHOW THE GOOD IN YOU
As Christians, let only the good in you be seen by everyone around you.

Let..No shouting
- No quarrelling
- No Abusing
- Drunkenness
- No Fornication/adultery
- No stealing
- No cheating
- No lying
No wrong be seen in you

Let your life be the bible that people see, and let only the good in you be seen.

"Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

For every time people glorify God for your sake, God will bless you some more.

Prayer:
Father forgive me, touch me again and please use me to bring you glory
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2017
ALL BY HIM
Everything belongs to God and everything exists in God.

- Are you going through a problem or bad situation?
- Are things not going as you hoped or planned?

God knows and is using it to bring you back to his will for your good.

Everything is for his Glory, even your troubles and challenges.
In all these, He uses it to bring us back to himself.

SCRIPTURE
"for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;"
(Colossians 1:16)

PRAYER
Father, please have mercy on me through the blood of Jesus
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:10am On Sep 07, 2017
THIS 1%

99% of people do not pick up the call of Jesus until something evil happens to them and they find their self in Hell.

Only 1% do, and in that 1%, some pick the call for the sake of courtesy, or just for the sake of doing so, but pay no attention to the message of the call.

Today Jesus is speaking to you the 1%, to you the Christian, he says even so, damnation awaits you 1% if you remain lukewarm in your Christian life.

For Jesus said: I know thy works that you are neither hot nor cold, therefore, i will spit the lukewarm followers out of my mouth. (Rev 3:16)

If you have read this please make a serious change today.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus
Please forgive my ways and transform my life completely to your ways.
Help me to be a better Christian each day O Lord I pray
Amen
Re: Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) by escavros: 5:16am On Aug 03, 2021
STRIVE TO ENTER IN AT THE NARROW GATE
There is so much going on in the last days of the world before Jesus will come.

Christians should focus now should be that we make heaven at last and avoid the argument of the times we are in.

" Straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few there be that find it."
(Matthew 7:14)

Jesus also said we should "strive" to enter, (Luke 13:24).

He said "STRIVE"
because making heaven is more difficult than we have been made to believe.

So let's set our hearts and minds on heaven daily, never forgetting that Making heaven is the most important task in our life.

Let us seek God often and ask as often as we can for forgiveness of all our sins as we perfect holiness in the fear of God

Let us seek to know him as it is written in the Bible nothing added, nothing taken away.

May God bless us and save us from the terrible fire of hell in Jesus holy name
Amen

If you want to make heaven, say this prayer

Lord Jesus I surrender myself to you and accept you as my lord and savior.
Please come into my heart today and abide in me forever in Jesus holy name
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Bible Prophecies: Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? / Valentine Celebration Is Forbidden In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.