Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' (13875 Views)

Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. / The World’s Best Prison Is In Norway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by yunfazz: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013

The cells were originally intended only for temporary 72-hour stays. These cages house veterans of the country's vicious war between the MS-13 and M18 gangs.

Segregated among their own gangs, these men were previously hidden from public view. The Vice photojournalist noted that the men suffered frequent health problems and were underfed.
Inmates often went without meals because the prison budget didn’t stretch to keeping such a large group of people fed for such a long time .

These startling images depict the fallout from El Salvador's fragile truce following decades of near civil-war between the two powerful gangs. El Salvador witnessed a burst of violence last month that caused that led many to believe that the uneasy peace between the two gangs to might be crumbling.

http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=52225

What do you think? Is this the correct definition of prison so that crimes can be curbed...? or...is this one way too horrific...?

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/worlds-worst-prisons-photos.html

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by harlos: 10:51am On Aug 31, 2013
An they'll say Nigeria prison is worst...

What do we call something thats worst than worst

And the funniest thing is that some no go still learn as crime is thier business undecided

2 Likes

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2013
If all prisons were like this people would think thrice before committing crime ..

Odikwa very serious
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by yunglykmine(m): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2013
See Human packaging abeg...
This is crime against humanity on is own, even with the 72hrs sef.
And see that dude still forming Badoo with his tattooed body,I'm sure he is a big time bully in there.

2 Likes

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Aug 31, 2013
harlos: An they'll say Nigeria prison is worst...

What do we call something thats worst than worst

And the funniest thing is that some no go still learn as crime is thier business undecided
This prison is different cos prisoners only spend 72 hours there according to the article. It's a different case in NIgeria where someone will spend 20 years in a sh1tehole.

3 Likes

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by harlos: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
This prison is different cos prisoners only spend 72 hours there according to the article. It's a different case in NIgeria where someone will spend 20 years in a sh1tehole.
72 hours in a cage, with the possibility that u might not eat, breathing in another man's breath....
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2013
End time prisons

6 Likes

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by colombiana: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
nadia_SA: If all prisons were like this people would think thrice before committing crime ..

Odikwa very serious
as far as crime pays no matter the state of the prison it would always be worth the risk. Hmmmn fast cash nothing like it
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by bizfirst: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
shiiit! that got me thinking....avoid any jail taking act!
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Chiscomax(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
this is very wrong.. shuooooo..... gdrfuf jgrxhfv sewfychtgh shocked
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Gosj01(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
72hours angry
Interesting
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by homesteady(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Na wa oh!! This is a model for how prisons should be worldwide!
I'm sure nobody 'll want to rot in such a place like this
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by goldfish80(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
Looks like a bunch of hooligans stuck in a dog cage.
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
undecided Are they fowls?

2 Likes

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by royale442(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
seun: why is this here?
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by zolajpower: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
I THINK SAY NA ONLY NIJA THIS KIND PRISON CONGESTION DEY O! GOD SAVE THIS WORLD. SO WE HAVE THE HARDENED CRIMINAL IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. PROBABLY THEY ARE LIVING BELOW 1/2 A PENNY. ANALYIS OYA! OVER TO YOU. A COUNTRY WHERE THERE THE CRIME RATE IS HIHE WILL SURELY HAVE CORRUPTION,AS THE CASE OF NIJA
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by amiskurie(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
theses is where some politicians in naija shld be living
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by paranorman(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
!
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by seangy4konji: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
End time prisonz

1 Like

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by crystalballs: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Suffering and rejoicing...

sorry, suffering and tattoooinnng
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Charbless(m): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wias d damn pix?
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by demelza: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Una sure say dem no dey eat?
Why do more than half of them have potbellies then.
Dont know if Michael Scofield will stand a chance of breaking outta this one.

1 Like

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
I don't feel any pity for those men, heck they themselves don't look unhappy with their living conditions.

All gang members deserve that treatment, especially the murderers among them.
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by jumobi1(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
NL member: I don't feel any pity for those men, heck they themselves don't look unhappy with their living conditions.

All gang members deserve that treatment, especially the murderers among them.

Because you are certain they are all guilty and entered the ganglife by choice
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
Pits from hell!! shocked

I'll definitely become a saint if I were to be from the country or live there!

El-Salvador is definitely a no no for me! undecided

I've see the documentary before and a lot of them are part of the MS13, they run America as well.

1 Like

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nerocodin: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
nawao
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by lafuria1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
After watching a documentary of El Salvador gang war, I feel no pity for this men. They manner at which they kill themselves is brutal. If u watch breaking bad (the TV show), thats just tip of the ice berg of how violent these guys are. At very young age u are indoctrinated into the gang, taught how to use knives and axe.

El Salvador has one of the highest rate of murder crime in the world today.
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by ACM10: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
I bet that those Nigerian offenders that rejects Nigerian prisons over there will surely embrace it after seeing this cage. I erroneously thought that Seun wanted to display his poultry farm until I read "El Salvador prison" grin grin

Can someone tell me how these people will come out of this prison reformed?

View the rest of the pictures here
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
Haaaaaaaa! Na eruuku dey diz prison o...kai see dt one lyk golaith...prison no good o see ao dem pack dem lyk smuggled goods.......
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Peterkleva(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Abeg, na human beign dey pack like dat abi na indomie kartorn
Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by Nicepoker(m): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
harlos: 72 hours in a cage, with the possibility that u might not eat, breathing in another man's breath....
ur write up are so low keyed

1 Like

Re: Inside El-Salvador's 'Prison Pits' by omoadeleye(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
so lucky tonight ooo, two frontpages at th same tym, pls like to congrat me, haters can beef ,cux dey ansnt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mandela Movie Smashes S.africa Box Office Record / US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol / Judge Rules Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.