Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk (824 Views)

Why You Shouldnt Use Your Laptop On Your Laps / Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal / Itching in btw my laps, Pls Help With Ur Views! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
Many researches, universities and a big number of media sources have announced that putting our laptops on our laps is a bad idea; even though, they are called LAPtops! Putting
laptop on your lap for long hours causes several health problems such as toasted skin syndrome that happens after spending too much time with the computer on lap.

There are many cases of people who experienced this problem and had a blotchy discoloration on their left thigh; it basically damages the left leg because the laptops's fans and vents
designed to release heat are on the left side. It's also said that people might not really feel the high heat but over time and after staying close to the heat
long enough, they will start to notice the damage eventually.

Furthermore, this is specially for men, a study showed that laptops might be very harmful to sperm. "A widely-reported 2010 study found that men who keep their laptops on their laps
may be hurting the quality of their sperm due to scrotal hyperthermia — that is, elevated temperatures in the
testes." Another study also assured, "Regular contact with a heat source over time can lower sperm production and possibly contribute to infertility."

Hopefully this topic would help
you change one bad habit and
live healthier smiley stay safe

Source: www.collegenet.com/elect/app/app?service=external/Forum&sp=40794
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by ashmanpolo: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
FTC good write up
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by Mynd44: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
I don't know much about it but I know it gets hot and uncomfortable. Now why would I wanna put something that hot on my laps for hours? Sounds silly right?
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by ashmanpolo: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Mynd_44: I don't know much about it but I know it gets hot and uncomfortable. Now why would I wanna put something that hot on my laps for hours? Sounds silly right?

There are cooling fans of 1k for laptops. Just place the laptop on top of d fan then on top of ur laps
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by dominique(f): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mynd_44: I don't know much about it but I know it gets hot and uncomfortable. Now why would I wanna put something that hot on my laps for hours? Sounds silly right?

Don't underestimate those geeks that get absorbed in their works without feeling the strains of the device on their laps. I also used to place my laptop on my laps for hours too. Then I would go out to tap free wlan grin. Gets very uncomfortable after some time.
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by Mynd44: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
dominique:

Don't underestimate those geeks that get absorbed in their works without feeling the strains of the device on their laps. I also used to place my laptop on my laps for hours too. Then I would go out to tap free wlan grin. Gets very uncomfortable after some time.
I don't try it. I hate strange feelings and heat is defo one strange feeling I avoid
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by dominique(f): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't try it. I hate strange feelings and heat is defo one strange feeling I avoid

Better for you, it has devastating effects on men. Thank God for tablets too, laptops are slowly being phased out.
Re: Putting A Laptop On Your Laps = Health Risk by Mynd44: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
dominique:

Better for you, it has devastating effects on men. Thank God for tablets too, laptops are slowly being phased out.
Yes oooo

(1) (Reply)

Ingredients Around The World That Your Body Needs Daily / Help A Nairalander With Stuffy Nose.. / 9 Things You Don't Know About SPERM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.